Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,478 members, 7,812,473 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:55 PM

Worst Course You Took In School - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Worst Course You Took In School (76202 Views)

What Is The Coolest Course You Can Study At A Nigerian University?(see Responses / Best Course You Did In School / Do You Enjoy The Course You Are Studying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by zyzxx(m): 12:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
my was mat 213 ( algebra)
Not dat d course is hard but d man cover only 4 topic out of 11. we went on strike so we were told dat we are going to resume for exam straight but d man said he will hold a class wit us b4 d exam naso d man use 1 day teach us d reaming 7 topics and he said he will set question from each topic and wen he was teaching( if he finish A and start B., B will send A out of my brain) d thing I gain from almost 5 hours lecture is not much,
to cut d long story short I pass d exam I had B.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by zyzxx(m): 12:21pm On Oct 24, 2014
iamtheprincipal:

Calculus as a course requires deep grasping of its fundamental concepts, like I opined earlier and a lot of students miss out here probably as a result of unfounded fear or something related to it.
I offered courses such as Ordinary Differential Equation I and II (Advanced) and they were all easy. I forget to mention that mathematics is my first love.

GOD bless FUTOITES in world over!
I cccccccc, same here math is my sweetheart
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by 2good(m): 12:23pm On Oct 24, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:

titration is far more interesting .
U really think straining your eyes through those glass prisms for needle alignments, adding weights on top stuff, swinging pendulums and bla bla bla is anything to go by.
Electricity is the only interesting thing in physics for me

All what you quoted above are elementary physics and chemistry.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Bale1(m): 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2014
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Omimah: 12:24pm On Oct 24, 2014
Krak:

During the test he dictated the questions for us to write them down and immediately after the lenghty dictation (3 lenghty questions) he told us to submit the answers.

He even began tearing the scripts of those that could not submit ontime.

That was one of the most ridiculous things I have ever seen in my life.

The venue of the test was Main Bowl, Sport Center. Many people were standing and so many people could not even hear enough to write down the questions.
I did tests for three different courses in Main Bowl. We placed our scripts on our knees.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
Quantitative methods.....till date i cant expkain how i passed that course
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by bdemix(m): 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
Lol grin....Physical Chemistry is call Almighty Chemistry here in Uniabuja
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by buoye1(m): 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
CE222 A civil engineering course very annoying and useless to me.............wetin concern electrical\elect with such!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!our curriculum needs review
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by DollyParton1(f): 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
MISSCONGENIALITY:
I perform better in psycho than phil but psycho scares me more.my most feared phil couse was metaphysics. Interesting but confusing such that u think u know just to find out that u know nothing. I use to sleep in the class and the priest taking the couse was always saying things that are unapplicable to human life. So abstract. I cud sleep from 10am to 12pm during metaphysiscs.

lol. Like someone once said philosophy is a dirty course for dirty mind. Dunno what she meant by that . I still don't understand why they made us take philosophy. The thing is they ask questions and never answer it, e.g it took us 3 lectures to do the "does God exist ish" and at the end of the lectures it was inconclusive. Holyshiiiiiit that broke me.
I am okay with psychology a bit though. I just feel pressured during practicals when am expected to read and decode someone.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 12:27pm On Oct 24, 2014
Was thinking about this yesterday.

I don't know the definition of worst here, but here are some ideas.

Toughest in terms of reading: Psychology 202 or so. Very abstract terms, confusing theories and terms from Sigmund Freud and others. Half the number of hours I spent reading for that semester was on that course alone and other courses shared the other half. I developed headache from reading that course. I managed to make a B - 65% or so.

In terms of grade: That should be ECN 402 (Macroeconomics) where I had D - 47%

4 Likes

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by stan241(m): 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2014
Janet101:
ENG201, introduction to general phonetics and phonology, English department Lasu, I hate d course wit passion
failed it twice but had to buckle up in final yr...preferred studying phonology on its own
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
clemz88:
Taxation. Gosh the course is so annoying .I wish I can escape it during my Ican

Bros that course dey sweet me o. I pray its not that difficult whn I go fo my ICAN like you coz ICAN exam is totally differenball game smiley
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by kablooee: 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
VocalWalls:
Engineering thermodynamics

Probably because of the dreaded lecturer.

One of my favorite courses back then. I still deliver lectures on that when I have free time.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by blood1(f): 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
STYLISTICS under English Language and Literature, during my first degree
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by DollyParton1(f): 12:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
Jarus:

I don't know the definition of worst here, but here are some ideas.

Toughest in terms of reading: Psychology 204 or so. Very abstract terms, confusing theories and terms from Sigmund Freud and others. Half the number of hours I spent reading for that semester was on that course alone and other courses shared the other half. I developed headache from reading that course. I managed to make a B - 65% or so.

And I thought I was the only one that had problem with psychology ish courses

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by basille(m): 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
nykolaax:
Real Analysis(Abstract Maths) Computer Science.... it was bleeped
I tell you, same here.

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by hollandis(f): 12:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
Linear algebra
Many different ways to get an answer , yet i thoight it was a different topic each time the mofo taught a method

3 Likes

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by UnimkeAk(m): 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
History and Philosophy of Science_ Mumu Course

2 Likes

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by bdemix(m): 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
Organic Chemistry is very sweet and interesting depending on the lecturer that is taking you the course*The toughest is Physical Chemistry because it deals with mathematical Equations alot
newguy1:
Organic chemistry just dont get d mechanism of dem reactions ..all hail industrial chemist in d house.
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by holysaint1(m): 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
Franchise21:
Probability. D only course dat gave me headache in Statistics dept. D worst z dat we did it from yr1 to finals

bro pliz are u talking about economics ??
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 12:32pm On Oct 24, 2014
olaolulazio:
Animal abortion..

Chineke Oluwa-nishola Oghene!!! Is that a course name? Coz am totally lost here undecided

1 Like

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Profcamsey(m): 12:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
tuffgongjo:
Biochem$chemistry dept get enough sadist for that school #unadite
Lols
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by leonshom(m): 12:34pm On Oct 24, 2014
Soc 203 (Social statistics) I wan die ehn cheesy wink grin
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by clemz88(m): 12:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
Stelvin101:

Bros that course dey sweet me o. I pray its not that difficult whn I go fo my ICAN like you coz ICAN exam is totally differenball game smiley
hmm. I fit do 100 days fasting for the course when doing my ICAN because no be beans
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 12:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
chalxdon:

Bros wch course is that?

Multidisciplinary Case Study
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by frankezi: 12:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
politricks:
Irrigation.The handout big like Nigerian constitution.

Nigerian constitution small na. financial management matirial be like APC manifesto

2 Likes

Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Joy83(m): 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
Jarus:

You mean, you did not get E or F all through your university days??
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by speciela: 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
;DBross my own na 'ifa' study. Reciting d 24 odu ifa corpus.

Samneer:

bro Thermo, na bad thing o... e no good for business o lol.. all the Otto and kreb cycles.
bro, na bad thing o
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Janet101(f): 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
stan241:
failed it twice but had to buckle up in final yr...preferred studying phonology on its own

Same here o, and d lecturer no dey smile
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
glimpse:

guess u finished from uniport. That man is cursed. he took My MTH 312. come see result na ... 02,03,00,13,05,01,....04,,06,08. guess he only wanted to use the result for statistics. Sadist full Maths department in uniport. I finished from computer science.
You're on point. Computer Science 2010 set, when was yours?
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by BEN1986: 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
This must be UNIPORT. Dr Oko
Abiagirl777:
O.D.E.(mth 203)
Eng 209(eng.thermodynamics),the lecturer dat handled a huge chunk of de course is a hopeless stammerer.
My set failed de course lyk the world trade centre failed in 9/11
Re: Worst Course You Took In School by despicable(m): 12:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
I had no issues with all my undergraduate courses till i graduated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (30) (Reply)

JAMB/UTME 2011 Results: How To Check / Opeyemi Enoch Solves 156-Year-Old Maths Problem, Gets $1M / UNIABUJA Students Present Seminar Paper In Nude

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.