Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,372 members, 7,822,752 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 04:18 PM

Ask Any Question About Ghana. - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask Any Question About Ghana. (14910 Views)

7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria / Three Reasons I'm Excited About Ghana's Future - Bill Gates / Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by londoner: 1:50pm On Oct 31, 2014
iamord:

Lol! I wish I could be of help. Cos am not into cooking all those kind of stressful delicacies..well I think the unripe plantain pounded In it gives it the great taste

Thanks, but gonna need more help than that....lol

You should have seen how fast I put on weight when in Ghana.....instant padding.....lol

I love most of the food.............mmmmm
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iamord(m): 1:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
londoner:

Oh good. Is the retail space in West Hills Mall, 32,000m2? It looks like a great place to hang out with the family.

Yeah sure is.. And the road network even if its yet To be completed. It looks Great. There are a lot more retail centers coming. Up. Along side beachfront properties and new cities.. There's an infrastructure boom and I can wait to get in
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iamord(m): 1:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
londoner:

Thanks, but gonna need more help than that....lol

You should have seen how fast I put on weight when in Ghana.....instant padding.....lol

I love most of the food.............mmmmm

R u telling me!!!
The last time I went to ghana I can't remember the time I thought Of what to eat ..cos there was always something new.. And I was basically on the local cusine.. The Likes of wakye, kontomre, fufu etc.. Infact!!! I miss home Jare
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by londoner: 1:55pm On Oct 31, 2014
iamord:

Well I think there is suppose to be an expansion of shoprite @ the palms.. But it will not be enough. There are a lot of proposed retail centers in nigeria.. So some bigger ones will spring up

Yeah, but I think we are looking more at malls spread across the country, so that every region/state has access to a world class mall. Although, the ego will probably not let some rest, until Nigeria has the largest mall in West Africa....lol

It would be nice, if other parts of Ghana (Cape Coast, Kumasi and Takoradi) gets this type of mall too. Takoradi houses people with money too.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by londoner: 2:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
iamord:

R u telling me!!!
The last time I went to ghana I can't remember the time I thought Of what to eat ..cos there was always something new.. And I was basically on the local cusine.. The Likes of wakye, kontomre, fufu etc.. Infact!!! I miss home Jare

I love fufu, but then I love poundo, eba etc too. There is something about eating with your hands, its just too good.
I'm not really a fan of wakye, but I think thats because I grew up with Jamaican rice and peas, which is similar but soooo much better imo.

I love the street food, which is almost the same as Naija. Meat, roasted corn, roasted yam etc.
There was one dishfrom Northern Ghana, that they usually sell on Sunday. I can't remember the name of it and I've been trying to remember since then. Its a soup, made with a leaf that draws and I think it had some kind of fufu with it. There was a long queue, put it that way.....lol

I may not be able to live in Ghana, but i sure will visit again. I had fun....especially in Kumasi and Takoradi. I'll always remember Bosomtwi and my river trip to Nzulezo.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by londoner: 2:19pm On Oct 31, 2014
Ehh Heh!!!!....its wa called TZ, Tuo Zaafi.....chai di tin sweet die..................mmmmmmm

Hot and lovely.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by londoner: 2:22pm On Oct 31, 2014
iamord:

Yeah sure is.. And the road network even if its yet To be completed. It looks Great. There are a lot more retail centers coming. Up. Along side beachfront properties and new cities.. There's an infrastructure boom and I can wait to get in

Good, I feel the same about Naija, I am biting my nails here in London......I just want go and to be a part of it. West Africa is waking up......finally!
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by Omimah: 2:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
I want to know if members of the Odeyewu Int'l Band are still together. How about their leader, Eddy Maxwell? Their highlife music is unique. I enjoyed "Make Monkey Chop" when I was growing as a child.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 4:00pm On Oct 31, 2014
londoner:

True talk.

The average Ghanaian is darker han the average Nigerian, some Ghanians are light, as are many Nigerians. But, so what?

Black skin is beautiful and Ghanaians need to stop saying that all lighter Nigerians are so, because they bleach. That's not the truth.

doubt Emeka is a Nigerian. That is an Igbo name, which means he should be aware of the prevelance of lighter skin tones, among his own tribe.

Anyhoo.......I dont see why some Nigerians state the dark skin tone of Ghanaians as a bad thing. I love dark skin, on any man.

I think you may have to take it with a pinch of salt, because on this same NL, threads about dark skinned GH actresses reveal, they are actually seen as beautiful.

Nigerians need to stop this talking as if dark equals bad and Ghanaian also need to stop parading the light skinned actresses/actors as the most beautiful/handsome. It becomes quite hypocritical when you say you love your skin tone, but looking at your Ghallywood.....all those at the top are light/mixed race.......Just saying.

Nollywood does the opposite.

LOL @ bolded
It’s funny how you quickly said you doubt the guy is Nigerian just because he said Nigerians are as dark as Ghanaians. Well, Igbos have some light-skinned people but the average Igbo is dark skinned. Majority of them look like Emeka Ike, Jim Ike, Clem Ohaneze, and Mr. Ibu. Unless you call that light skinned. You also have Yorubas who are just as dark as South Sudanese. Your Hausas are also very, very dark. The only light skinned Nigerians are the Fulanis, and they only represent a small percentage of the the Niegria's 170 million population.

There is nothing ugly about being very dark, just as being light skinned doesn’t make you pretty. But nigerians make it look like the very dark skin tone is ugly and a taboo. No wonder 77% of them are bleaching.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by londoner: 4:21pm On Oct 31, 2014
IloveGH:

LOL @ bolded
It’s funny how you quickly said you doubt the guy is Nigerian just because he said Nigerians are as dark as Ghanaians. Well, Igbos have some light-skinned people but the average Igbo is dark skinned. Majority of them look like Emeka Ike, Jim Ike and Mr. Ibu. Unless you call that light skinned. You also have Yorubas who are just as dark as South Sudanese. Your Hausas are also very, very dark. The only light skinned Nigerians are the Fulanis, and they only represent a small percentage of the the Niegria's 170 million population.

There is nothing ugly about being very dark, just as being light skinned doesn’t make you pretty. But nigerians make it look like the very dark skin tone is ugly and a taboo. No wonder 77% of them are bleaching.

Sorry mate, you can't lecture me on how my own people/tribe look. The average Igbo family has all skin tones, including as dark as Ghanaians.
I doubted Emeka was Nigerian, because as an Igbo he would know that lighter skinned people are nothing new to Igbo's, neither is it a big deal. Yes, there are many dark skinned people in Nigeria. Of course,we are African and I have many times stated my view of dark skinned tones, so I don't get why you are trying to see what is not there.

Yes, there are Igbos like Mr Ibu and Emeka Okafor, but also like Mike Ezeronye, Kalu Ikeagwu that are typical Igbo looking without any half lebanese, part Dutch etc parents...lol Maybe you are saying these Nigerians are bleaching too?

You don't need to preach to the choir about the beauty of dark skin and I already stated that Nigerian can also be dark, especially some tribes. The range of tones, from light to very dark are all found naturally among the Igbo. I know you cling to the accusation of all light skinned Nigerians bleaching, but thats your own belief.

1 Like

Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2014
londoner:

Sorry mate, you can't lecture me on how my own people/tribe look. The average Igbo family has all skin tones.I doubted Emeka was Nigerian, because as an Igbo he would know that lighter kinned people are nothing new to Igbo's, neither is it a big deal. Yes, there are many dark skinned people in Nigeria. We are African and I have many times stated my view of dark skinned tones, so I don't get why you are trying to see what is not there.

Yes, there are Igbos like Mr Ibu and Emeka Okafor, but also like Mike Ezeronye, Kalu Ikeagwu that are typical Igbo looking without any half lebanese, part Dutch etc parents...lol

You don't need to preach to the choir about the beauty of dark skin and I already stated that Nigerian can also be dark, especially some tribes.
But, I know how my own Igbo people look thanks.

LOL @ bolded! They are actually the minority.

And I knew you will definitely reply with your usual lecture on Igbos and their so called light skinned grin... May be it was when they first arrived from Isreal cheesy, but with the mixing of genes with the likes of Yorubas who migrated from South Sudan cheesy, most Igbos aren't light skinned anymore. Your Igbos may be light skinned in your eyes, but the majority of them that I see who are not bleached, are dark skinned like Mr Clem Ohaneze et al grin

FYI, I went to an Igbo picnic with a Yoruba friend. Few minutes after we arrived she turned to me and said, "look at these people, how many of them are light skinned, but they always say we Yorubas are black" LOL! It looks like that thing dey pain omo yoruba folks wella cheesy
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iconize(m): 5:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
@Ilovegh

Your argument is flawed.

Majority vs minority.

An average Ghanaian can easily pass for a Sudanese. Lmao!

When I say an Average Ghanaian, I mean like the dude below, because many Ghanaians are actually darker than him - like your former president.

Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 5:43pm On Oct 31, 2014
iconize:
@Ilovegh

Your argument is flawed.

Majority vs minority.

An average Ghanaian can easily pass for a Sudanese. Lmao!

When I say an Average Ghanaian, I mean like the dude below, because many Ghanaians are actually darker than him - like your former president.

LOL! Your favourite Dauda picture again? You are doing a very good job making him popular in NL. grin

Well, when I say the average Nigerian it’s the likes of Randy Coal, Taye Taiwo, and Mr. Ibu. Daud’s dark skin is not even close.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by londoner: 5:47pm On Oct 31, 2014
IloveGH:

LOL @ bolded! They are actually the minority.

And I knew you will definitely reply with your usual lecture on Igbos and their so called light skinned grin... May be it was when they first arrived from Isreal cheesy, but with the mixing of genes with the likes of Yorubas who migrated from South Sudan cheesy, most Igbos aren't light skinned anymore. Your Igbos may be light skinned in your eyes, but the majority of them that I see who are not bleached, are dark skinned like Mr Clem Ohaneze et al grin

FYI, I went to an Igbo picnic with a Yoruba friend. Few minutes after we arrived she turned to me and said, "look at these people, how many of them are light skinned, but they always say we Yorubas are black" LOL! It looks like that thing dey pain omo yoruba folks wella cheesy

My exposure to my own people is not from a picnic. I am Igbo and so are my family, so I have a bit more knowledge of my own people. Did you hear me claim Igbos are not also dark?

We are dark and light, and middle tones....that's fact. That majority of Igbos I have seen and know and are related to, are not very dark at all, but all tones are represented (even in the same family) and I would not say that lighter tones are minority.

You are Ghanaian, your friend is Yoruba, do you really think you can teach me anything about my own people and how we look?

Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iconize(m): 5:50pm On Oct 31, 2014
IloveGH:

LOL! Your favourite Dauda picture again? You are doing a very good job making him popular in NL. grin

Well, when I say the average Nigerian it’s the likes of Randy Coal, Taye Taiwo, and Mr. Ibu. Daud’s dark skin is not even close.

Taye Taiwo, Mr. Ibu, etc, can't represent the average Nigerian but Dauda can represent the average Ghanaian.

In terms of complexion, Taye Taiwo and his fuggly ilks constitute less than 25% of the Nigerian population.

But Dauda, petrodullard and Ghkwame1 represent up to 80% of Ghanaians.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iconize(m): 5:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by londoner: 5:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
^^^nothing wrong with dark skin tones.

1 Like

Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 6:02pm On Oct 31, 2014
iconize:

Taye Taiwo, Mr. Ibu, etc, can't represent the average Nigerian but Dauda can represent the average Ghanaian.

In terms of complexion, Taye Taiwo and his fuggly ilks constitute less than 25% of the Nigerian population.

But Dauda, petrodullard and Ghkwame1 represent up to 80% of Ghanaians.

Your are very close @ bolded, because of the fact that 77% of them bleach.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iconize(m): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
IloveGH:

Your are very close @ bolded, because of the fact that 77% of them are them bleach.

Yes, I agree that fuckgerians bleach, but just a few.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 6:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
iconize:

Yes, I agree that slowpoke-gerians bleach, but just a few.

Tell that to the birds grin
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iconize(m): 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2014
IloveGH:

Tell that to the birds grin
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 6:09pm On Oct 31, 2014
iconize:

She is gone, so we are no more in-laws. So you better behave else..... cheesy
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iconize(m): 6:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
IloveGH:

She is gone, so we are no more in-laws. So you better behave else..... cheesy

Petrodullard is gone also. So the war is over. grin grin

These kids - Oxygen and his ilks aren't worth my time.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
iconize:

Petrodullard is gone also. So the war is over. grin grin

These kids - Oxygen and his ilks aren't worth my time.

Petrodolla is gone? shocked shocked shocked

But don't quit yet.... Who else will scare me with that Dauda's picture. @ least 2 more months, remember? cheesy
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iconize(m): 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2014
IloveGH:

Petrodolla is gone? shocked shocked shocked

But don't quit yet.... Who else will scare me with that Dauda's picture. @ least 2 more months, remember? cheesy

Lmao!

Well, its been long I saw his moronic comments.

Save the Dauda's picture and scare yourself. tongue

Anyways, man, looking at that chic's picture - I can only imagine those mammary jugs all over my face. tongue wink
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by AzontoGhost(m): 6:29pm On Oct 31, 2014
iconize:
the man with the sexy eyes....
cheesycheesy
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by JiggamanGh: 7:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
[quote author=londoner post=27614735][/quote]

Sometimes an outsider looking in might have a better perspective.

How many of us believes our mom is the best cook in the world?
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 10:52pm On Oct 31, 2014
iconize:

Lmao!

Well, its been long I saw his moronic comments.

Save the Dauda's picture and scare yourself. tongue

Anyways, man, looking at that chic's picture - I can only imagine those mammary jugs all over my face. tongue wink

LMAO @ bolded grin

Get over it pervert! tongue

1 Like

Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 10:54pm On Oct 31, 2014
AzontoGhost:

the man with the sexy eyes....
cheesycheesy

You can say that again....Even at his old age those eyes are still sexy cheesy
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iconize(m): 11:10pm On Oct 31, 2014
IloveGH:

LMAO @ bolded grin

Get over it pervert! tongue

I didn't type that.

This account is managed by two persons.

I'm married with kids.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by londoner: 11:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
JiggamanGh:

Sometimes an outsider looking in might have a better perspective.

How many of us believes our mom is the best cook in the world?

No, not really, especially when the outsider has less actual exposure to the subject matter.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari On A Courtesy Visit To Emir Of Kastina (photos) / Why I Support FRCN's Governance Code For NGOS / Disability Bill Osinbajo LIED: See Letter Confirming Presidency Received Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.