Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,303 members, 7,822,497 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Ask Any Question About Ghana. - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ask Any Question About Ghana. (14909 Views)

7 Bitter Truths About Ghana And Nigeria / Three Reasons I'm Excited About Ghana's Future - Bill Gates / Obama In Egypt, Whats The Fuss About Ghana Being The First African Country? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by JiggamanGh: 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
londoner:

No, not really, especially when the outsider has less actual exposure to the subject matter.

Pertaining to the subject at hand, you are both right. While there are Igbos that are light, brown and dark. majority of igbos are from brown to dark. I grew up around lots of nigerian and I don't have to be igbo or nigerian to know that On average igbos are lighter than thier west african counterparts excluding Fulanis.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by Nobody: 12:13am On Nov 01, 2014
modified
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by Nobody: 12:16am On Nov 01, 2014
@ londoner

about ghanaians using only mixedraced actors .....The truth is (from my observation) is that most of the movies u see with these talentless mixed raced ghanaians are produced by nigerians such as frank rajah and pascal amanfo( frank rajah actually discovered about 90% of these mixed actors ). the old ghanaian movies before nadia buari,van vicker, majid, juliet ibrahim etc were not like that. they had little or no mixed raced casts. But its funny how our movies only started recieving much attention in Nigeria and Africa when we started using these mixed guys and we both know why and its not bcause they are fantastic actors.

when u watch movies made by Shirley frimpong-Manso (adams apples, perfect picture), leila djansi (ties that bind), kwaw ansah ( love brewed in the african pot)etc u'll notice their casts depect the average ghanaian who is either darkskinned or light not mixed . my point is that only a few movie producers use them and unfortunately its only those movies u see.
Not saying there arent many mixed raced folks in gh but these producers keep using them in our movies as if when ur in ghana half the populace is mixed.

by the way Emeka1101 is not Nigerian ...Neither is Temaboy a ghanaian.

[/quote]

4 Likes

Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iconize(m): 12:21am On Nov 01, 2014
JiggamanGh:

Pertaining to the subject at hand, you are both right. While there are Igbos that are light, brown and dark. majority of igbos are from brown to dark. I grew up around lots of nigerian and I don't have to be igbo or nigerian to know that On average igbos are lighter than thier west african counterparts excluding Fulanis.

Fair skinned Fulanis form just a minority.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 12:31am On Nov 01, 2014
iconize:

I didn't type that.

This account is managed by two persons.

I'm married with kids.

LOL!... I hear.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by Bolt3(m): 12:32am On Nov 01, 2014
OXYGENO1:
You. want pics to see nigerians are even darker n blacker than Sudanese abi?
U live in nigeria so no need to send pics again.
You can argue all day that the earth is flat, but that won't change the fact.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 12:34am On Nov 01, 2014
chokl8candie:
@ londoner

about ghanaians using only mixedraced actors .....The truth is (from my observation) is that most of the movies u see with these talentless mixed raced ghanaians are produced by nigerians such as frank rajah and pascal amanfo( frank rajah actually discovered about 90% of these mixed actors ). the old ghanaian movies before nadia buari,van vicker, majid, juliet ibrahim etc were not like that. they had little or no mixed raced casts. But its funny how our movies only started recieving much attention in Nigeria and Africa when we started using these mixed guys and we both know why and its not bcause they are fantastic actors.

when u watch movies made by Shirley frimpong-Manso (adams apples, perfect picture), leila djansi (ties that bind), kwaw ansah ( love brewed in the african pot)etc u'll notice their casts depect the average ghanaian who is either darkskinned or light not mixed . my point is that only a few movie producers use them and unfortunately its only those movies u see.
Not saying there arent many mixed raced folks in gh but these producers keep using them in our movies as if when ur in ghana half the populace is mixed.

by the way Emeka1101 is not Nigerian ...Neither is Temaboy a ghanaian.

Excellent analysis,

1000 likes

2 Likes

Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iconize(m): 12:36am On Nov 01, 2014
IloveGH:

LOL!... I hear.

In doubt or in believe?
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 12:39am On Nov 01, 2014
iconize:

In doubt or in believe?

In believe grin grin grin
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iconize(m): 12:50am On Nov 01, 2014
IloveGH:

In believe grin grin grin

I'm dead serious, I'm happily married with two kids.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by OXYGENO1: 7:33am On Nov 01, 2014
Bolt3:

You can argue all day that the earth is flat, but that won't change the fact.
and you knw de fact aswell.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by IloveGH: 3:07pm On Nov 01, 2014
iconize:

I'm dead serious, I'm happily married with two kids.

Yes sir!, I believe sir!!!
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by Octaves(m): 7:31pm On Nov 01, 2014
buzzmania:
Hope you've not forgotten your weakazz boys bregade who run to Cameroon to seek asylum.So per your assessment,bokogeria is obviously a failed cesspit.
like I said. Nigeria has her problem. So keep comparing people fleeing the insurgency in the north to people in a supposedly stable corrupless country running en masse to another third world country seeking asylum. Pls u guys should stop quoting me. I'm no longer interested in this puerile thread
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by buzzmania(m): 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2014
Octaves:
like I said. Nigeria has her problem. So keep comparing people fleeing the insurgency in the north to people in a supposedly stable corrupless country running en masse to another third world country seeking asylum. Pls u guys should stop quoting me. I'm no longer interested in this puerile thread
If you know your country has its problems why then were you talking crap about Ghana.As the saying goes''if you living in a glass house dont throw stones''.

1 Like

Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by Octaves(m): 4:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
Pls go and read the vomit your countrymen are spewing here about Nigeria.
buzzmania:
If you know your country has its problems why then were you talking crap about Ghana.As the saying goes''if you living in a glass house dont throw stones''.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by iamord(m): 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
Octaves:
Pls go and read the vomit your countrymen are spewing here about Nigeria.

Its very simple.. Both parties should learn to respect themselves.. Nobody can come into your house and insult you if you did not give the permission. Just search ghana and you will loose count of the insult metted against the country and its people.
Re: Ask Any Question About Ghana. by NaNaYaaah(f): 12:00am On Nov 05, 2014
This argument is really dumb...dark skin dont mean ugly...im dark skin but im finer than most light skin people...its the features of a person that makes them pretty not skin tone..smh..

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Why I Support FRCN's Governance Code For NGOS / Disability Bill Osinbajo LIED: See Letter Confirming Presidency Received Bill / Senate Directs FG To Construct Public Toilets Across Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.