Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,724 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:56 PM

Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) (138017 Views)

Inside Special Forces: Nigeria’s Most-feared Fighting Unit / GLORIA OKON, The Story Of Nigeria’s Most Mysterious Drug Pusher / Tolu Ebun: Meet Nigeria’s Most Beautiful Political Aspirant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Babs2040: 7:41pm On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=christejames post=27391829]Well, beautiful indeed! Nigeria is actually beautiful, every states in Nigeria have a unique architecture and place of tourist attraction.[PLS ASK ABIA STATE GOV WHICH DID HE BUILD FOR HIS STATE?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by christejames(m): 7:50pm On Oct 24, 2014
[quote author=Babs2040 post=27421920][/quote] that man's own is not in this world oo. His people have already disowned him. Common!!!... That man should have at least given his state capital (especially Aba) a facelift na, when you juxtapose his present allocation from FG with states that receive relatively little from thesame FG---Enugu, Jigawa et al you would know that He is just beating about the bush.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 7:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
charix:
Rossike how market? Our very own paid government agent.

That's crazy...Why is it that anytime anyone shows a bit of love for Naija, they say he's a govt paid agent? Are you saying it's not possible to just be a regular patriotic Nigerian with no strings attached? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by ovanny15(f): 8:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
Proud Nigeria! God Bless Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by tesmony(m): 8:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
GEJ abi hw can be some dump and blind and completely ignorant of happenings in our country cause obviously who are not a Nigeria.one by one we will beat you the more you are the more the casualty......God bless Nigeria and her good wishers
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by hikmojj(m): 8:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
Dereformer:
GEJ is working

some people just mumu like say.......

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by tesmony(m): 8:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
GEJ abi hw can u be some dump and blind and completely ignorant of happenings in our country cause obviously u who are not a Nigeria.one by one we will beat you the more you are the more the casualty......God bless Nigeria and her good wishers
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by pablus: 8:48pm On Oct 24, 2014
you may be right. Naija should be way ahead by now. however, most of us still appreciate these pics. thanks, OP.

iconize:
These are regular buildings in some countries.

There's absolutely nothing stunning about the Ibadan building. I suggest its replaced with another picture, thanks.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Malawian(m): 9:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
PAGAN9JA:
[size=38pt]WE NEED NATIONAL SHRINE IN ABUJA![/size]

how do you propose to house "amadioha" and "sango" in the same space?

how long before sango starts shouting "igbo domination" undecided undecided undecided
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by BoyCoyToy(m): 9:51pm On Oct 24, 2014
there's one major building missing...... who knows it?
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by aspirebig: 10:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
I hope CNN and other foreign tv houses will use these places for their inside Africa programme. Not always showing us one bush and inside one rural area as inside Africa. Yeye people.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by masciv: 10:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
Dereformer:
GEJ is working

Something is definitely wrong with your anticlockwise working brain.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 24, 2014
Ologunjude:
Just wish most of our looted funds are used to develop Nigeria. Go to Dubai and weep for your country. Sad indeed.

Dubai (UAE) is like that because, having bigger reserves, they export MORE oil and gas than Nigeria (3 million barrels a day compared to Nigeria's 2 million) and have a population of just 9 million compared to Nigeria's 170 million. Their leaders (Arab oil sheikhs) loot far more than Nigerian leaders can ever hope to, and own the most expensive houses in Europe etc, but there is more than enough cash left over after their looting to pamper their tiny population and build 'Dubai' and 'Abu Dhabi', so you never notice.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Godson32(m): 11:47pm On Oct 24, 2014
So,no good structure from calabar & owerri?
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by PromiseJonah(m): 12:28am On Oct 25, 2014
#Oboy!
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by mikron(m): 1:29am On Oct 25, 2014
dhammyg:

NONSENSE.SO IT IS GEJ THAT BUILT THEM ABIundecidedTAN INSPIRED JARGONSsad

BACK TO THE TOPIC:HMMMN GOOD TO SEE THAT NAIJA HAS SOME BEAUTIFUL BUILDINGS:)BUT STILL WE NEED TO DO MORE,MOST BUILDINGS IN NAIJA ARE JUST ORDINARYwink
some beautiful buildings u say? i suggest u travell round naija to see great edifices naija has, not some like u said.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by charlesditro: 1:39am On Oct 25, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Negativity is the enemy of creativity.

- David Lynch
its better to shut up wen u dont make any sense rather dan blab just to impress urself..

-ME
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by samibode(m): 8:23am On Oct 25, 2014
Dereformer:
GEJ is working
i dont understand how many of dem where built by GEJ ?
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by franklyn009(m): 9:14am On Oct 25, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Na only Lagos and Abuja dey Nigeria? I think we need to move the capital of the country to another region again smiley.
true talk guy.......maybe to borno. grin
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by fluteman: 9:54am On Oct 25, 2014
Cocoa house, Ibadan. First skyscraper in tropical Africa

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Muyiwa43: 2:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
Nigeria is a blessed Country, please let us be praying for our lovely Country Nigeria.[i][/i]
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 4:30pm On Oct 25, 2014
Muyiwa43:
Nigeria is a blessed Country, please let us be praying for our lovely Country Nigeria.[/i]
[i]Smh...! Mediocres will not stop making nonsensical utterances in Nigeria.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by ogtavia(m): 12:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Obafemi Awolowo University was established by the Action group in 1961 AFTER independence, by Chief Obafemi Awolowo, who, in protest at the (colonial) Ashby Commission's recommendations in 1959 to build a federal university in the north and east, but none in the west, decided to establish the University of Ife, which later came to bear his name. That is why it is called Obafemi Awolowo University. He built it. See, the university you're crediting the white man with was actually built by a black man in protest at the white man's neglect. grin Note how the colonialists only set up a 'commisssion' to 'look into' the possibility of establishing universities a year before they were to relinquish power. Why didn't they do this in 1922? Or 1932? We would have been a more experienced nation in terms of learning, governance, technology etc today. In South Africa they set up the first universities as early as the 1890s!! Many more in the 1910s and 1920s. And you're wondering why South Africa is more developed than Nigeria. This is why we say you need to assess these things from a historical perspective, or you'll just see things on a surface level, and walk around feeling inferior to other nations and races, whom you think are ''doing better'' than you.

University of Ibadan was known as University College Ibadan, a collegiate attachment to the University of London. It granted University of London degrees! It wasn't a full fledged university until after independence in 1962.

University of Nigeria Nsukka was founded in October 7 1960 by the Eastern Region govt led by Dr Nnamdi Azkikiwe, AFTER independence. There was no full fledged Nigerian university until African rule was established.

Thanks for the enlightenment,believe me I appreciate it...but I still score our leaders low,if during the colonial era,they wanted great amenities and infrastructural facilities,trust me,thoughtful leaders would have thought of a way to get it...even if they wanted to do it on their own as an independent nation,since 1960,minus d civil war and military interruptns (since citizens had no say during dt period),shudnt there av been giant strides towards achieving the dream of independence...look,d true dividends and benefits of independence still remains a mirage amidst abject poverty,outrageous corruptn,gross disregard for rule and law and the incapability to enforce absolute and honest delivery of justice....honestly sir,we can do way more better than we are doin today...I see our leaders on TV today saying one thing yet their very actions are anti-national prosperity...I will never score our leaders high or well,they av let d people down,they av let the nation down,they av let d dream/hope of the fighters of independence down...think on these things bro....I believe in cutting ppl some slack...but that should be after attaining/fulfilling a significant threshold of collective achievements....
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by IGWISE(m): 6:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
This is butiful
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
ba7man:
Those buildings aren't the problem with Nigeria, the environment is.

Dusty, ill constructed side walks or non at all in most cases. No sense of landscaping, open drains (who told them gutters were a thing of beauty to be exposed), that sand that's always by the roadside (where do they keep comin from?), indiscriminate setting up of shanties and shops by illiterates with no idea of beauty or order, dirty citizens littering the whole place etc Contribute to that persistent "third world" appearance of almost everywhere in Nigeria.

The people too have a large part to play in creating a better environment.

To those criticizing Nigeria, do you throw trash onto the roads and in drains or seek out trash cans to dispose them??

Gospel truth.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 11:42pm On Dec 22, 2014
IGWISE:
This is butiful

indeed.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by igbo2011(m): 12:51am On Dec 23, 2014
The problem is the construction materials are not made in Nigeria which makes money and jobs leave the country. We need to build these factories in Nigeria or Africa.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by jaysniggs: 8:31am On Dec 23, 2014
Dereformer:
GEJ is working

If I say make I slap you now, dem no go say person do bad?
Must you attribute state governments success to cluelessness?
Yeah GEJ is working by selling all oUr sectors right before our eyes, leaving millions of Nigerians at the mercy of some private companies with the sole purpose of making profit which is quite wrong. Power should be so constant people should should wonder if its Natural.
Pathetic fellow.
With the way things are going now I doubt even if the president would not privatise the SE and SS.
Its shameful you don't understand we're failing, and our lives have been relegated to the least possible way. Yet we still want the same govt?

60% of Nigerians live in abject poverty and the way its going statistics claim that figure should to an alarming 70% in the next 5 years.
Will the 1 million the government iis giving you gonna actually last you that long?
Or you aren't seeing the fact that in no time millions will look so cheap it'll be just similar to thousands?

There are 3 types of people that will vote for Jona
1) Those who get money through illegal ways from the president's administration.
2) The biased ones who only see a SS man on the seat, and believe he should continue because of the their ethnicity.
3) The clueless ones who really won't take their time to make their findings on the nations state of chaos.

Oh and by the way
Good morning my brothers and sisters.
I pray the dawn of today brings relief to Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by Nobody: 5:46pm On Dec 23, 2014
igbo2011:
The problem is the construction materials are not made in Nigeria which makes money and jobs leave the country. We need to build these factories in Nigeria or Africa.

Name the construction materials you're referring to pls.
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by igbo2011(m): 6:17pm On Dec 23, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Name the construction materials you're referring to pls.

Glass, steel, roof, doors, door knobs, electricical writes, everything it takes to make a building. Which ones are made in Nigeria or Africa?
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by ekel101: 11:51am On Jan 06, 2015
Phone Number:+1 305 696-5555
Watsapp: +1 321 331-8670
Re: Nigeria's Most Beautiful Buildings (pics) by IGBOSON1: 12:06pm On Jan 06, 2015
Godson32:
So,no good structure from calabar & owerri?

^^^Just goes to show you how development over the years have been slanted, directed and pushed towards certain cities and regions while others are left to try and survive on their own! After now some ignorant fools will say 'leave my land....go back to your caves......you're flooding my city.....and all what not'!

I feel no sense of pride or ownership towards most of those buildings because this country Nigeria is a fraud....built on injustice and cheating!!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Igbo Vs Delta-Igbo: What A Guy Posted On Facebook / Boko Haram Killing Yorubas And Igbos 3-days Expired (pix)! -vanguard Newspaper / Buhari "Almost Moved To Tears"After Seeing How Trillions Of Naira Were Embezzled

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.