Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,696 members, 7,809,626 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:08 PM

My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. (36910 Views)

The Address And Hot Line Of Our Carlcare Service Center In Nigeria. / My Experience With Tecno/Carlcare / Kano Carlcare Service Centre(TECNO TELECOM LIMITED) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by Crystalline(f): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
Eeyah...Nokia is still the best.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by gistmelove(m): 5:19pm On Oct 24, 2014
Dereformer:
Some one gave me a gift of TECNO. I quietly returned it to him.

I can't touch tecno let alone buy it with my money, when there are phones like Nokia, samsung etc.

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by gistmelove(m): 5:20pm On Oct 24, 2014
hernyhorla:
Hello peeps, Techno phones and Carlcare, its service agent in this country are both corporate criminals as far as i concerned.
Please, if you are considering buying any of their phones - infinix and itel inclusive, think twice or take a visit to thier service centre and see what they do to users.I thought they have stepped up too like seriously until i fell into their trap. Policy exchange thing is d climax of their robbery.
I bought a Techno H7 on 10th of July precisely and 2 weeks ago, the phone started hanging. i searched online for what to do and i found out about the service agent. I was so excited, rushed there and behold this crowd of life. I was asked to register the phone which i did, come back next day. I have gone like 5 times and the phone has not been fixed and the final say now there is no board for now. it sounds so funny to me and come to think of it, i gave out all the back up phones i can manage when i bought the phone. o ma seeeeeeeeee oooo

I am really frustrated right now that i dont know what to do again other than to buy another phone( looking at samsung Grand) when there is no money .

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by teeboy2110(m): 5:22pm On Oct 24, 2014
I use tecno m7 I don't have any problem wit it may u buy fake.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by abhosts(m): 5:24pm On Oct 24, 2014
People can be Funny. So you expect Excellent After Sales Service for a Cheap Product?
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by ponana(m): 5:25pm On Oct 24, 2014
I dropped a phone at carlcare as well. From the initial "its gonna be ready next week", am almost counting the end of the second month now with the phone still with them (do not forget I already payed as well).
A set of unorganised fellow....
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 24, 2014
I think say na only me..... Tecno are bunch of criminals ooo
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by Giftedstan(m): 5:30pm On Oct 24, 2014
Why d hate? Who r we showing of for if nt for pride? As far as I'm concerned anything called electronic/technological gadgets can breakdown wtout notice.
I've used 2 of there high end phones and truth be told, i did enjoy it. Currently using A3/M9 wh i got damaged myself by building a charger of 1.5A with unregulated voltage wen my charger had fault.
In a nutshell, take ur phone 2 a good technician &get it fixed; irrespective of d brand they could still be faulty. Ma 2bosom friends uses z2 &HTC, i stick 2tecno cos of two sims n oda factors so plz stop hating. It's a Mata of choice. Tnx

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by Pervert1(m): 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
QMark:

Samsung ke? Tell me how Samsung better than Techno apart from brand positioning.

That cheap plastic. (Ref: Iphone's perfect response to their foolish online ad when they launched S3?)

Team HTC.

I know i'm going to get a lot of stones in the head for condemning Samsung, as half of Nigerians use the phone. I'm prepared for that. I'll reply you all here.

Guy, there is huge difference between sales volume and brand quality. I am talking about user experience here. Good marketing can sell my poo to you at the rate equivalent to your 1 month salary.
ewww....HTC? Damn,i'm using a HTC device,and it's the second HTC product i have used...i am not impressed at all!

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
hernyhorla:
Hello peeps, Techno phones and Carlcare, its service agent in this country are both corporate criminals as far as i concerned.
Please, if you are considering buying any of their phones - infinix and itel inclusive, think twice or take a visit to thier service centre and see what they do to users.I thought they have stepped up too like seriously until i fell into their trap. Policy exchange thing is d climax of their robbery.
I bought a Techno H7 on 10th of July precisely and 2 weeks ago, the phone started hanging. i searched online for what to do and i found out about the service agent. I was so excited, rushed there and behold this crowd of life. I was asked to register the phone which i did, come back next day. I have gone like 5 times and the phone has not been fixed and the final say now there is no board for now. it sounds so funny to me and come to think of it, i gave out all the back up phones i can manage when i bought the phone. o ma seeeeeeeeee oooo

I am really frustrated right now that i dont know what to do again other than to buy another phone( looking at samsung Grand) when there is no money .
how will this reduce the price of egwusi in the market?

3 Likes

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by san316(m): 5:31pm On Oct 24, 2014
No Tok Dat One O, I Just Ordered 4 My Own O. Whr Is D Unorder Botton?
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 24, 2014
I think whomever that brought this to front page just hate tecno for no tangible reason.. And to the op, you are not cheated. When you sigh up your phone for repair, they will give you a contact and also a work order paper, with that you don't need to keep coming to thier office, instead you call them and remind then about your phone....

My m7 stayed 2month there, all I did is call and even though they said they have face out for my model, still I kept disturbing them and now my phone is repaired and sound..

The problem is that they don't see thier customers as important not minding is after sales service and for you op you are desperate, young and loose.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by ddooskie(m): 5:35pm On Oct 24, 2014
GoodluckJonatan:

FUTARIAN definately
Nope! iRep GreatIfe.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by frankeinstein(m): 5:37pm On Oct 24, 2014
I had a similar experience. I later got the phone after over a month and it's still giving me all sorts of problems. Had to buy another phone.
I'm done with tecno.
PS: Never deal with cheap stuff.
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by Nobody: 5:38pm On Oct 24, 2014
Stelvin101:
Nor be u wan use cheap android fone do all what Samsung, Xperia or iphone (excluding iphone6. It sucks!) are doing. Nor complain bros. Go buy another one grin

All na the same.
My first Android phone was a Sony Xperia x8 ( white ) , got it at Slot about 4-5years ago ( can't remember exactly ). It had a software problem just about a day after purchasing it and I had to return it to Slot but I was redirected to i-cell on Allen , same building with mama cass and one pharmacy on the ground floor ( i-cell is on the first floor ) not too far from oshopey plaza. I meet an attendant , Chioma , who promised I'd get my phone within a week. Well it turns out a week at i-cell is the equivalent of 8 weeks in the normal world. I didn't get my phone back until 2 months after I had given them.

2 Likes

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by redcliff: 5:44pm On Oct 24, 2014
zappyj:
wow! Bad market, -ve publicity!

@op..pele, sometimes these guys deserve this kind of frontpage embarrassement.

People should get the value of whatever they pay for even if it is N1.

Wat do you expect the value of N1 to be? Where are all the yeye team tecno peeps? None of them are here now. The ones comparing tecno to samsung.. nothing good comes cheap..now they are crying fowl. Smh
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by JayJustus(m): 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
every damn phone hangs...I've dropped my galaxy s4 after less than 1year...try Xiaomi you won't regret...I don't know if it sells in Nigeria but you can buy on eBay or gearbest.com. look for sellers that will ship to Nigeria...but gearbest will definitely ship to Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by Nobody: 5:45pm On Oct 24, 2014
When your fone starts hanging like crazy the best thing to do is to reset it using the factory reset option. U'll av 2 backup all ur apps before doing so. There after ur fone turns brand new.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by gorgeousnogo(f): 5:52pm On Oct 24, 2014
And i'm even thinking of buying a new techno R7. #already confused#
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by Nobody: 5:54pm On Oct 24, 2014
ceo003:

its good for you.when you will leave LG , SAMSUNG , BLACKBERRY and choose tecno , injoo, huawei and other chinko owned phones .

If I hear say you dey mention Huawei na hammer I go take nack your head. If you don't know Huawei is a leader in electronic devices , I'll take a Huawei over a Samsung any day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by xhamel88: 5:55pm On Oct 24, 2014
You are wrong! I think you were treated well, or do you expect them to just offer you replacement immediately. If you are trading will you replace products that way. You just spoiling their name for nothing.
From what you wrote, you were asked to come back the second day, you have not even waited for 1 month, you started escalation. I work with these OEMs so i know what it takes to fix a phone. Can you prove that you even have warranty?

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by ifeoluwasylva(m): 5:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
I share the sentiments of the fellow who made this post because I have a similar experience last weekend. I bought an Infinix alpha marvel phone in january for N40,000 and it accidentally fell leaving me with a cracked screen that wasn't responding to touch. The frustration of having a phone that wasn't lasting more than 3 months hurt, but not being able to manage using it with the cracked screen hurt more. I sent the phone to SLOT where a new screen was fixed for N14,000. Shortly after, I observed that the phone's screen was going blank on its own, while still on, leaving me with the option of hitting my phone on my palm. Several times before being able to use it. Out of frustration, I took it to Carlcare and was asked to register it. The phone was formatted and it responded temporarily. However, in a bid to copy applications to it, via USB, the phone always went off. This made them recommend me dropping the phone, for three weeks, for repairs at their factory. After three weeks, I got a text message to come pick my phone which I hurriedly did. To my utmost surprise, the phone wasn't even coming on at all, after they tried charging it for over an hour. I left it there and travelled back angrily, made several trips and phone calls only to be advised to 'come over here and find out what is happening with your phone, it is still at the factory'. I went there last saturday after the phone had spent close to three months with them, stormed the head office at Opebi, dismissed all their appeals for me to come back later and ensured I found someone who agreed to help out. After 3 hours, my phone came back alive and working. Applications were copied on it for me to install at my leisure but...between opebi and berger, the phone stopped working and it hasn't come on since then. I saw many people pay exhorbitatnt prices for the replacement policy, which I term as modern day robbery, because their phones were valued at N10,000. My infinix phone was also valued at the same amount with an advice to pay N28,000 for a Techno H7.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by Nobody: 6:01pm On Oct 24, 2014
neoapocalypse:

All na the same.
My first Android phone was a Sony Xperia x8 ( white ) , got it at Slot about 4-5years ago ( can't remember exactly ). It had a software problem just about a day after purchasing it and I had to return it to Slot but I was redirected to i-cell on Allen , same building with mama cass and one pharmacy on the ground floor ( i-cell is on the first floor ) not too far from oshopey plaza. I meet an attendant , Chioma , who promised I'd get my phone within a week. Well it turns out a week at i-cell is the equivalent of 8 weeks in the normal world. I didn't get my phone back until 2 months after I given them.

Lemme give u a sound advice. Go buy bb Q5, it's d best fone onboard I promise u. It accept android apps like Instagram n d rest n it uses normal bb sub which is 1k for 3gig monthly.
#My BlackberryQ5 Rocks!
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by unmask: 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2014
akpanikpe:

HTC one M8 is the real machine. Other phones De learn
htc a machine?.....lol....you is a big dreamer
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by unmask: 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2014
Stelvin101:

Lemme give u a sound advice. Go buy bb Q5, it's d best fone onboard I promise u. It accept android apps like Instagram n d rest n it using normal bb sub which is 1k for 3gig monthly.
#My BlackberryQ5 Rocks!
#bbsucks......in whatever name, colour, shape or size....bb will still suck......shamelessly piggybacking on android
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by lonelydora: 6:04pm On Oct 24, 2014
That is why I didn't for one day think of buying Techno phones. They dealt with my colleague until he threatened to sue them.

# teamgalaxynote3
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by 3coins(m): 6:07pm On Oct 24, 2014
Tecono dealt with me....one day,out of annoyance..I beat the phone up..yes..with blows..my hands were aching like Cray but I couldn't stop.that was the only I was going to feel better..in conclusion,buy HTC next time

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by Fxwarrior: 6:08pm On Oct 24, 2014
hernyhorla:

Is it also their fault that you gave out your phones? Its always like that, check your phones, once you buy, you bought.
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by piagetskinner(m): 6:10pm On Oct 24, 2014
That's what u get when u go 4 cheap plastic toys...u for just manage save up 4 samsung or htc or BB lipsrsealed
Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by ecoheight: 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
The good side is tech product manufacturing is that there is product of everyone both poor and rich. So what you need to do is to learn how to identify the original one from fake. By then you can make your buying decision based on your pocket. Hope this helps.

1 Like

Re: My Experience With Techno And Its Service Agent, Carlcare. by dimillion(m): 6:12pm On Oct 24, 2014
even nokia android dey rock. i v one n im enjoying it.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Why You Should Stop Using The Facebook App And Use The Mobile Site / Why Glo Will Lose The Data Wars! / Funny Places People Charge Their Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.