Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,898 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:49 PM

Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? (49492 Views)

Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others / What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by dataplus87(m): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2014
I GOT 41gb left...well i guess everyone has to go count their loss from these strict mtn law....i guessed i had to go start 1gb sales
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by aieromon(m): 10:01am On Oct 25, 2014
This is disappointing coming from MTN. Let's see if they will have a rethink.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Xmen149(m): 10:15am On Oct 25, 2014
Sombody please help me with this question o
"after top-up does you customers validity automatically top-up too"?
B/c i won use am strategize...........help answer me abeg
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by bobo65(m): 10:16am On Oct 25, 2014
Xmen149:
Sombody please help me with this question o
"after top-up does you customers validity automatically top-up too"?
B/c i won use am strategize...........help answer me abeg

of cos na
to 30 days

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by bobo65(m): 10:19am On Oct 25, 2014
dataplus87:
I GOT 41gb left...well i guess everyone has to go count their loss from these strict mtn law....i guessed i had to go start 1gb sales

I really pity u guys o
see, if u top up 10k, u can't share more than 1gb
meaning u have just 10 slots

oga
in order news
Ur 41gb is just for personal use

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by eightsin(m): 10:20am On Oct 25, 2014
Who do we blame? The government or MTN? This country tire me.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Blackchampion(m): 10:21am On Oct 25, 2014
My candid advice to data resellers, just try to sell 1GB for #1200 unlike ur counterparts shouting #1500 n watch how buyers from different angles will rush to u. IMO though.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by asudan: 10:33am On Oct 25, 2014
MTN self.give with one hand and take with another.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by akinola001(m): 11:38am On Oct 25, 2014
I just called the customer Care Rep... funny enough the MTN guy is not Even aware of the stupid Development ....promised to look into it.... I will suggest we keep calling them so that they can remove the barrier till the end of this month ....Keep calling customer care for now ...#lesstalkmoreaction
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Blakjewelry(m): 12:08pm On Oct 25, 2014
why not try this solution. setup a secure WiFi system in your respective area and provide a paid service in your area,

3 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by holykezi: 12:12pm On Oct 25, 2014
luluosas:
Good morning this midnight to you all MTN SME Data Share resellers,
I met a shock from MTN this night while trying to share my data with a customer for a volume of 250MB. After completing the process, I got this shocking message on my screen:

"Dear Customer, you have already reached your quota of 10 maximum shares for your plan. Please purchase another plan to be allotted another 10 shares".

I thought it was an error, I checked my data balance and it was still intact with 2.09GB left. So, I decided to try it again and behold, the same shocking and sad message was the response.

Fellow MTN SME Data Share resellers, what's your own experience this night? Is this the end of MTN SME Data Share business?

Let's hear from you. Thank you.

I noticed same bout past 2am today. I called, the girl that answered said it's just minor issue and refreshed my line. Even promised that it'll work within an hour.

From the look of things, mtn has experienced major loss since we got the business of 250mb and 500mb off their hands. So we only have 10 share slots per subscription. Those when dey subscribe 75gb, make una ready to on hotspot or open cafe ooo, cos na GOBE we dey so.

Make we encourage our customers to dey buy 1gb instead of 250mb 1k from mtn. #Shikina
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by tempest01(m): 12:16pm On Oct 25, 2014
If they are going to limit data share to 10 customers, they should increase the value that can be shared. Why is 75gb on sale when you can only transfer 10gb to beneficiaries?

2 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by youngwarlocks: 12:17pm On Oct 25, 2014
thank d holy spirit for direction......na so i for take do by force subscription

2 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Idrismusty97(m): 12:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
OCTAVO:
The unnecessary ridiculous price slash by resellers caused this!
Apparently, no one can sell below 1gb at a time with this latest development. And it won't make sense to buy any plan more than 10gb anymore since one can only share 10times per plan purchased.
Bad belle. Keep your price high while we go for those who sells cheap. As long as the validity is good and they are not scammers i will always go for the cheapest. Is it not the same SME? Even with this latest development watch how those who sells 1gb for 1K(Or slightly higher) will attract the highest customers smiley.

10 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by binbass(m): 12:34pm On Oct 25, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Bad belle. Keep your price high while we go for those who sells cheap. As long as the validity is good and they are not scammers i will always go for the cheapest. Is it not the same SME? Even with this latest development watch how those who sells 1gb for 1K(Or slightly higher) will attract the highest customers smiley.
How are they going to make profit if they sell 1G for #1000?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by omicron(m): 12:41pm On Oct 25, 2014
Use the social media. Get a trending hashtag continue to post it until MTN speaks and does the correct thing, which is to have pre-informed its customers of this policy...

Use the social media. #MTNBringbackourunlimiteddatashare

Go to their fb page and continue to embarrass them with reports too their.

What they have done is wrong, underseving of a big firm like them that should no the Law.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Idrismusty97(m): 12:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
binbass:

How are they going to make profit if they sell 1G for #1000?
That why i added "or slightly higher". If they sell 1gb for 1200 they will gain N2000 naira after completely selling a package of 10gb smiley. Who knows, They may actually completely sell that "10gb package" the same day they buy it. There is alot of people willing to buy 1gb.

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by binbass(m): 12:52pm On Oct 25, 2014
Idrismusty97:
That why i added "or slightly higher". If they sell 1gb for 1200 they will gain N2000 naira after completely selling a package of 10gb smiley. Who knows, They may actually completely sell that "10gb package" the same they buy it. There is alot of people willing to buy 1gb.
Better! I sell 750MB @#1000 and 1G @#1300

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by kekakuz(m): 12:57pm On Oct 25, 2014
violence may be the answer to this
mass protest
burning of mtn mast stations.
why are nigerian so nonesense receptive

2 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Idrismusty97(m): 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
binbass:

Better! I sell 750MB @#1000 and 1G @#1300
Yours is still good. Let me wait first and see how all the rest data sellers will adapt to this new development before i buy any wink.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by nani667: 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
chukux2:
What i see on the site is 10gb for N10k http://www.mtnbusiness.com.ng/sme/datashare

That means for you guys to make a profit it has got to be something like 1gb for N1,500. Not too bad huh?

Etisalat and Glo data share nko?

Myself I've since solved my data problems by buying Blackberry Z3 two months ago. Now i enjoy dirt cheap 3gb for N1k using my Glo sim on it, sharing the data with other devices via hot spot.

While you feel you may have solved your data problem by buying a BlackBerry Z3, you should also have at the back of your mind that this is Nigeria, good things never last.... Eventually Glo finally terminate the BB10 devices' access to their BIS plan....

For now me I'm currently managing the MTN SME data plan, my network is very fast... I had to port from Airtel that I've been using to browse for ages cos the useless people decided to turn off their 3G network in my area.... Plus the MTN SME plan is actually cheaper sef.....

And now that Ive finally settled on a plan I'm enjoying this useless MTN wants to spoil it by making it more expensive sad

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Bawss1(m): 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
kekakuz:
violence may be the answer to this
mass protest
burning of mtn mast stations.
why are nigerian so nonesense receptive

You should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting this.

2 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by macklef(m): 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
Heheh. Wow MTN, greediness is like peak milk to them.
But ehn, lets be factual, this plan wasnt created for the business you all indulged into. It wasnt meant for third party sharing only for organizational purposes. Some of you only took advantage of it due to man must wack instinct(which i dont condemn, dont get me wrong).

You guys cant sue MTN, neither can you force any action through NCC. With the present sytem of govt we all know. Coolstory.

The only loophole i guess can be explored is the fact that in the original T&C it was unlimited, for them to put a quota on its without
Adequate communication to that effect is a breach. But then again. If in court you are asked to tender your organization name or account for the staff you do share it with, can you do that? Lol.
The thing is that, mtn did not anticipate you guys would hijack this SME thing to their own disadvantage. Because reading their manifesto on this data ish it says.

Who is it for?

With MTN Data Share, organisations such as banks, (((((retailers)))))) and vehicle tracking providers etc can allocate mobile data bundles to their staff, ATMs, PoS terminals, vehicles etc in accordance to their usage requirements

So the question is, do you guys constitute the original class of retailers MTN had in mind? If yes, illd join the motion to sue them, im selling my dads car on olx for this. Lol. But if not, just sell ur remaining data n fold ur arms jejeje.
More oppourtunities will def open

But on a serious note. If
10gb is 10k
20gb is 18k
50gb is 42k
75gb is ~53k

How do u guys make money from 10gb and 20gb selling at 1k/1gb
The only profit lies mostly in 75gb of about 22k. And for someone to buy such amount from MTN for a business not duly authenticisized.
Mehn clap for yourself o, ur the risk taker of the year.

Now you guys 30day validity might be a mirage unless you sell as high as 1,500 for 1gb. I see airtel lines jumping in the air.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Idrismusty97(m): 1:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
↑ macklef, What about MTN terms and conditions which says "You can share to as much customers as you want"?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1810787_dataplan_jpegd92103e326645186f50bcfbef751ed4c

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by macklef(m): 1:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
To savage this situation since physical fight may not be cool.
I will profer an online fight. The whole world sees on twitter.
If the mass of nairaland storm twitter to vent this ehn, even CNN will carry it.
Team #MtnStopYourGreediness
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by macklef(m): 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
Idrismusty97:
↑ macklef, What about MTN terms and conditions which says "You can share to as much customers as you want"?
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1810787_dataplan_jpegd92103e326645186f50bcfbef751ed4c
The last time i checked. It stated staffs and not customers. And am not sure both words can be interchanged. Tho i havnt gotten 2014 dictionary yet. Maybe am wrong bro. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Chigold101(m): 1:27pm On Oct 25, 2014
heykims:
E no go better for MTN nd NCC as a whole if truly this is real. Do we even have govt in ds country, fu..ck d presidency...
why this f word against the presidency?Uvnot even known if it isjust a minor human error or computer uare here fu..cking our presidency. Too bad
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Jouslaw(m): 1:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
macklef:
Heheh. Wow MTN, greediness is like peak milk to them.
But ehn, lets be factual, this plan wasnt created for the business you all indulged into. It wasnt meant for third party sharing only for organizational purposes. Some of you only took advantage of it due to man must wack instinct(which i dont condemn, dont get me wrong).

You guys cant sue MTN, neither can you force any action through NCC. With the present sytem of govt we all know. Coolstory.

The only loophole i guess can be explored is the fact that in the original T&C it was unlimited, for them to put a quota on its without
Adequate communication to that effect is a breach. But then again. If in court you are asked to tender your organization name or account for the staff you do share it with, can you do that? Lol.
The thing is that, mtn did not anticipate you guys would hijack this SME thing to their own disadvantage. Because reading their manifesto on this data ish it says.

Who is it for?

With MTN Data Share, organisations such as banks, (((((retailers)))))) and vehicle tracking providers etc can allocate mobile data bundles to their staff, ATMs, PoS terminals, vehicles etc in accordance to their usage requirements

So the question is, do you guys constitute the original class of retailers MTN had in mind? If yes, illd join the motion to sue them, im selling my dads car on olx for this. Lol. But if not, just sell ur remaining data n fold ur arms jejeje.
More oppourtunities will def open

But on a serious note. If
10gb is 10k
20gb is 18k
50gb is 42k
75gb is ~53k

How do u guys make money from 10gb and 20gb selling at 1k/1gb
The only profit lies mostly in 75gb of about 22k. And for someone to buy such amount from MTN for a business not duly authenticisized.
Mehn clap for yourself o, ur the risk taker of the year.

Now you guys 30day validity might be a mirage unless you sell as high as 1,500 for 1gb. I see airtel lines jumping in the air.

here

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Nobody: 1:44pm On Oct 25, 2014
Let me hold consultation with my lawyers and see what we can come up with

2 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by macklef(m): 1:45pm On Oct 25, 2014
Jouslaw:

here
Lol. Lets hope so. Cos me sef dey use SME. Mtn is the only strong network here.
But mehn i dont trust MTN, dey are on some cray shii i tell u.
Illd still advice you guys to be cautious.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by dataplus87(m): 1:55pm On Oct 25, 2014
whatever,MTN should keep their part of the bargain we have make our positive impact ...by selling affordable internet data to Nigerians without hitch,now mtn has rubbed us of our data without apology.
i now sells at 1200 for 1gb.....corruption wont make the faceless service provider in Nigeria makes data affordable

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

What Network Has The Best Call Tariff As At Today? / Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN? / Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.