Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:44 AM

Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? (49594 Views)

Meet The Founders And Country Of Origin Of MTN, Airtel, Glo And Etisalat / Important Information On MTN SME Data Share Service Purchased From Others / What Is The Full Meaning Of MTN? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by SlimSkipper(m): 2:02pm On Oct 25, 2014
@luluosas MTN has no rigth to stop it without prio notice, so if you guys need a legal team to challenge the restiction, let me know.

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Nobody: 2:03pm On Oct 25, 2014
nani667:

While you feel you may have solved your data problem by buying a BlackBerry Z3, you should also have at the back of your mind that this is Nigeria, good things never last.... Eventually Glo finally terminate the BB10 devices' access to their BIS plan....

For now me I'm currently managing the MTN SME data plan, my network is very fast... I had to port from Airtel that I've been using to browse for ages cos the useless people decided to turn off their 3G network in my area.... Plus the MTN SME plan is actually cheaper sef.....

And now that Ive finally settled on a plan I'm enjoying this useless MTN wants to spoil it by making it more expensive sad

You're right, cheats don't last forever. But i'll take my chances cos this 3gb for N1k on BB10 has been possible for almost 2 years now; and even longer used on a legacy BB using your phone as a modem connected to your laptop.

Beats messing around with your Android IMEI anyday!

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 25, 2014
Chigold101:
why this f word against the presidency?Uvnot even known if it isjust a minor human error or computer uare here fu..cking our presidency. Too bad
Don't you know govt is the cause of everything? if they sack you from work, na govt, if food no dey, na govt, if motor get accident because of recklessness, na govt, if money no dey for house rent, na govt grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by biomedixexcel(m): 2:14pm On Oct 25, 2014
Etisalat and MTN data available
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by heykims(m): 2:21pm On Oct 25, 2014
Chigold101:
why this f word against the presidency?Uvnot even known if it isjust a minor human error or computer uare here fu..cking our presidency. Too bad
fu-ck u too...
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Nobody: 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hi guys,

I am so sorry to hear of your losses.

From what I gather, this sme data share was created specifically for owners/managers of smes to purchase data in bulk and redistribute to their staff.

I don't think it was meant to be used in the way you resellers have done...hence the restrictions. Apparently, the whole sme reseller thing for the general public was not an approved way of using this service as it has obviously taken a hit on their profits with more and more people buying data from resellers.

I have benefitted from the sme data share resellers and would surely miss the 500mb for #500 plan.

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by OCTAVO: 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2014
Idrismusty97:
Bad belle. Keep your price high while we go for those who sells cheap. As long as the validity is good and they are not scammers i will always go for the cheapest. Is it not the same SME? Even with this latest development watch how those who sells 1gb for 1K(Or slightly higher) will attract the highest customers smiley.
Well said sir, but note that the price I sell is none of your business and shouldn't be your concern. wink
I can't remember complaining to you that I don't have enough patronage as a result of the price I sell. In case you care to know, I still sell higher than the price on my thread with ease (and in some cases, I sell lower). Just stick to what works for you and don't bother quoting me unnecessarily. Thanks. smiley

2 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by kekakuz(m): 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2014
Bawss1:

You should be ashamed of yourself for suggesting this.
who cares what you think
am not going to sit here and let mtn cum in my face

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Chigold101(m): 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2014
imas:

Don't you know govt is the cause of everything? if they sack you from work, na govt, if food no dey, na govt, if motor get accident because of recklessness, na govt, if money no dey for house rent, na govt grin grin
lollzzz
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Chigold101(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
heykims:

fu-ck u too...
funny guy
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Dygeasy(m): 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2014
MTN don bust boys! Chai!
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Idrismusty97(m): 3:20pm On Oct 25, 2014
OCTAVO:

Well said sir, but note that the price I sell is none of your business and shouldn't be your concern. wink
I can't remember complaining to you that I don't have enough patronage as a result of the price I sell. In case you care to know, I still sell higher than the price on my thread with ease (and in some cases, I sell lower). Just stick to what works for you and don't bother quoting me unnecessarily. Thanks. smiley
Nobody would have quoted you if you haven't blamed this on the resellers that sells cheaply. Besides Ymodulus another data reseller gave you the best response. You need to quote him not me! smiley
https://www.nairaland.com/1965718/end-mtn-sme-data-share/1#27432743

3 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Birniwa(m): 3:40pm On Oct 25, 2014
MuhdG:
O.M.G. I really pity my fellow nigerians.

Here, we buy mtn data plan (for all mobile phone). At a very cheap price.

The monthly plan is in two phases

1. Golden- which goes for 20 pounds = 990 naira
2. Platinum- which goes for 60 pounds = 2970 naira ( mostly for those that watch videos online)

Mind u- they are all unlimited and work on android phones.

I hope mtn ng wud pity us.

I don't understand why the bandwidth is unlimited and yet the variation in the two prices.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by holarid(m): 4:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
wat a country. mtn cnt jst put stupid ristriction without notice nd notin will b done abt. if not for this sme plan who dey sub dere plan b4... tym to switch back glo..
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Chigold101(m): 4:01pm On Oct 25, 2014
I heard that the least one can buy through that share now is 1gb
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by processrxtn: 5:24pm On Oct 25, 2014
henryutd:
Sell Etisalat biko

Etisalat is available. ...contact me on 07065990646.
MTN 1GB @ 1500 also available..
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Rooneyboy(m): 5:26pm On Oct 25, 2014
its a pity MTN chose to treat boiz the hard way, it was gradually making things easy for online transactions in Nigeria .

In the last couple of weeks I know how my business boomed 'cos of this MTN data share of a thing.

To me, it just goes to show that Nigerian youths are ever ready to fend for themselves and take up any opportunity that presents its self ; unfortunately , our government and big organizations don't seem to be bothered , or should I say , they seem to be happier seeing Nigerian youths go hungry.

NIGERIANS: WE ARE THE ARCHITECT OF OUR PROBLEMS

3 Likes

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by nani667: 5:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
Oh Well... Over to Airtel Android bundles..... Thats where everyone will run to now
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by luluosas(m): 6:09pm On Oct 25, 2014
Chigold101:
I heard that the least one can buy through that share now is 1gb
Yes, for the protection of resellers. Thank you.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Nobody: 6:10pm On Oct 25, 2014
JideSM is viewing this thread and saying nothing. at least give the resellers a valid explanation
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Chigold101(m): 6:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
luluosas:

my Mb is about to finish and I don't have money for 1gb. this is weekend
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by NCP: 6:28pm On Oct 25, 2014
Hw much is ur 1gb with Mtn card
luluosas:

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 25, 2014
Birniwa:

I don't understand why the bandwidth is unlimited and yet the variation in the two prices.

20 pounds - you cant watch videos online. 3G- but it fluctuates
60 pounds- you can watch videos online plus the network doesn't fluctuate at all.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Idrismusty97(m): 6:42pm On Oct 25, 2014
kollected22:
Hi guys,

I am so sorry to hear of your losses.

From what I gather, this sme data share was created specifically for owners/managers of smes to purchase data in bulk and redistribute to their staff.

I don't think it was meant to be used in the way you resellers have done...hence the restrictions. Apparently, the whole sme reseller thing for the general public was not an approved way of using this service as it has obviously taken a hit on their profits with more and more people buying data from resellers.

I have benefitted from the sme data share resellers and would surely miss the 500mb for #500 plan.

Don't you think this restriction will affect the so called owners/managers it was designed for? I am sure they too would be complaining.

1 Like

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by luluosas(m): 7:05pm On Oct 25, 2014
NCP:
Hw much is ur 1gb with Mtn card
N1,400 please. Thank you.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by luluosas(m): 7:13pm On Oct 25, 2014
Chigold101:
my Mb is about to finish and I don't have money for 1gb. this is weekend
1GB is the minimum for now at 1,200 for bank payment, and 1,400 for recharge payment. Thank you.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by peluscoten(f): 8:11pm On Oct 25, 2014
TRIPLE J DATA SERVICE
It seems that the management of MTN Nigeria
is not happy with the way Nigerians now have
access to low cost data, so they have
suddenly restricted data reselling to 1GB
and above without any prior notice or
warning. And over 80% of our customers buy
250MB and 500MB.
Though this is a very sad moment for all of
us, please don't lose hope of getting low cost
data. Because, we are triple j SOLUTIONS, and
wherever the solution is, we will find it and
bring it to you.
If you already have an Etisalat sim card,
please dust it and start getting ready. If you
don't have one, please go and get one, because
as from Today, 25th October, 2014, Etisalat
data plans will be available from 250MB
upwards.
If you still want to stick to MTN, we have
brought down the price to #1200 for 1GB to
make it easier for those who are not used to
buying large data plans.
We realize that as a result of this, the
winners of our Free data giveaway won't be
able to collect their free MTN data of
250MB. Instead they will be given a choice of
either #400 MTN airtime transfer or 250mb etisalT
So if you have not commented below, kindly do
so now. Remember, commenting ends
tomorrow.
We apologize for any inconvenience this may
cause you.
Cheers.
TO PLACE ORDER FOR ETISALAT DATA CALL/SMS 08163937573 WHATSAPP 0814980253 BBM 7E181EEB
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by bajovics: 8:46pm On Oct 25, 2014
This is just the result of our bad belle resellers.
At least, this will moderate the prices of resellers.
Thanks to Mtn. 08035609398(Whatsapp)
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 25, 2014
kekakuz:
violence may be the answer to this
mass protest
burning of mtn mast stations.
why are nigerian so nonesense receptive
Nigerians are good when it comes to "Suffering and smiling" they take anything you push down their throat, that's why NCC, the network operators and govt. keep feeding them with poo on daily basis.
Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by Nobody: 9:49pm On Oct 25, 2014
Resellers and buyers, infact everybody. Years ago on NL, we stood united and protested against some policies by seun and co. We went on social media, we flooded pages, we even went to Hackers Anonymous to report. We won. This is a battle against corruption and a breach of terms by a foreign service provider.
It is affecting everybody. Let us make use of these unused data and flood the social media, their accounts, NCC accounts etc. It will get uglier than this in the future if we give these guys the impression that we re chilling. And someone at NCC is being motivated to look the other way......

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is This The End Of MTN SME Data Share Subscription Business? by binbass(m): 9:59pm On Oct 25, 2014
MTN DATA SHARE PLAN AT AFFORDABLE RATES.
750MB @#1000
1G @#1300
PHONE :08039399299
BBM : 7AC38794

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

I Switched From Android To Iphone For Two Months. Here's What I Learned / Subsea Cable: Glo Shades MTN, Others (Photo) / Is It True That Those Who Registered For BVN Automatically Have NIN?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.