Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,113 members, 7,814,910 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:59 PM

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? (41725 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? / What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by dayveed1(m): 7:20pm On Oct 27, 2014
I like David cos that dude is good in snatching babes ehn'
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Onyiido: 8:32pm On Oct 27, 2014
Akdegreat:
David is my favorite.
God loved him, despite his shortcomings
A man after God's own heart, found favour with God despite his shortcomings too
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by macof(m): 9:58pm On Oct 27, 2014
FrancisTony:

1) We are talking about biblical figures not fictional characters. tongue

2) She carried our Lord saviour Jesus christ in her womb. Even Elizabeth testified, She ain't worthy to receive the mother of our Lord.- Luke 1:43 cool

3) Who else watched her son die? Her one and only son. undecided

By the way, I didn't say she is the only one.

Biblical characters are fictional characters, anybody who doesn't have proof of ever living besides tales are classified fictional to a very large extent
Not any more real than American TV characters

Btw jst as u hold Mary dear for being mother of Jesus ur god, so do buddhist hold Maya dear for being the Virgin mother of Buddha, Bacchusians(cult of dionysus/Bacchus) hold Semele dear for the same reason. Even Romans before reinventing Christianity worshiped Semele and Isis for being Virgin mothers

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by wysdum: 6:31am On Oct 28, 2014
Sarah,she is sumited&God serving also fulfil is promise with God.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by dein77(m): 7:38am On Oct 28, 2014
macof:

Biblical characters are fictional characters, anybody who doesn't have proof of ever living besides tales are classified fictional to a very large extent
Not any more real than American TV characters

Btw jst as u hold Mary dear for being mother of Jesus ur god, so do buddhist hold Maya dear for being the Virgin mother of Buddha, Bacchusians(cult of dionysus/Bacchus) hold Semele dear for the same reason. Even Romans before reinventing Christianity worshiped Semele and Isis for being Virgin mothers

You should have stayed away.....You're derailing the thread. However, that's ur opinion.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by ideology(m): 7:59am On Oct 28, 2014
ideology:
APOSTLE JOHN

REASONS :
1. He was the most humble, quite and calm, never appeared in controverial issues

2. closest to Jesus, this reflected when Jesus On the cross said, Son behold thy mother

3. His closeness to Jesus, is revealed in the level of revelation of Christ, and how he functioned.

4. He gives the simplest explanation of who Christ is, what he came to do, who a Christian is and our place in Christ. (Read John, 1, 2, 3 John )

5. The only Apostle That didn't die of persecution. He was boiled in hot oil, yet he came out of the oil alive, with no burns, they had to banish him, revealing the power of God that could be put to use.

6. The most important is his fellowship with the Holy spirit

I would love to be like St John.

Like seriously, no body mentioned Father ABRAHAM

He is my favourite in the old testament and
ST John is my favorite after the resurrection of Christ
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by romzyxy(m): 10:10am On Oct 28, 2014
englishmart:
700 wives and 300 cuncubines pls.

i doubt if he slept with all of them b4 he passed away....
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by macof(m): 10:26am On Oct 28, 2014
dein77:

You should have stayed away.....You're derailing the thread. However, that's ur opinion.

Wat do u mean my opinion Can you refute anything I posted? No! Because it's nt jst my opinion but fact
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by englishmart(m): 11:52am On Oct 28, 2014
romzyxy:

i doubt if he slept with all of them b4 he passed away....
neighbours will help na.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by lotasha(f): 12:12pm On Oct 28, 2014
Esther
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Chikodinaka: 1:07pm On Oct 28, 2014
FrancisTony:
My favourite character is Mary.

Mother so pure, chaste etc.

No woman can endure her sufferings.

-First and only woman to conceive without having sex.

-Carrying a baby in her womb for nine month.

- Her son was killed on the cross of calvary and handed over to her. cry

-Crying as her son was being wounded and humiliated.

-Not doubting Angel Gabriel during visitation and being a Virgin till the rest of her life.

-Understanding her son in the Wedding of canann.

Oh well! smiley
and she was the best mother ever.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by tblacker(m): 1:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
[quote author=MuguliciousMUGU post=27454322]My favorite bible character is solomon... Imagine that man had 1000 wives and 5000 concubines... I want to be like him[/quote

that why your name is mugu
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by mytym(m): 1:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
blessedvisky:
[/color]my favourite OT character is Daniel.. such a smart and bold man. He could interpret dreams, was smarter than the Chaldeans, and was bold enough to pray with his window open.. cool
my favourite NT character would be Paul.. He was a real convincer. he used different methods to convert different people to Christ.smiley
[color=#006600][color=#000000]
my favourite OT character is Daniel.. such a smart and bold man. He could interpret dreams, was smarter than the Chaldeans, and was bold enough to pray with his window open.. cool
my favourite NT character would be Paul.. He was a real convincer. he used different methods to convert different people to Christ.smiley

Old testament is Daniel otherwise called Belteshazzar
New testament is Paul Saul of Tarsus

1 Share

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by juligon: 2:40pm On Oct 28, 2014
i love ur comments . yes dis ar ladies nd gentlemen dt has GOD in mind. plz learn from dis characters....

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by aviazuva: 4:35pm On Oct 28, 2014
My favorite character is the Prodigal Son.

He gained all the world and did not lose his soul
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by ozoebuka1(m): 7:15pm On Oct 28, 2014
mine is john d apostle because Jesus loved him so much that he never died out of persecution...
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Blackfire(m): 7:22pm On Oct 28, 2014
joseph. a rough diamond
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by tolustx(m): 8:14pm On Oct 28, 2014
Book of Deuteronomy was one of those books written by Moses. if Moses could write the verses below about himself, then he is my favourite character in the bible

34:7 'And Moses was an hundred and twenty years old when he died: his eye was not dim, nor his natural force abated'

34:8 And the children of Israel wept for Moses in the plains of Moab thirty days: so the days of weeping and mourning for Moses were ended.

34:9 And Joshua the son of Nun was full of the spirit of wisdom; for Moses had laid his hands upon him: and the children of Israel hearkened unto him, and did as the LORD commanded Moses.

34:10 And there arose not a prophet since in Israel like unto Moses, whom the LORD knew face to face,
bro, dr's a diff btw "WRITE" and "COMPILE".
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by OGIDIZM: 4:07am On Oct 29, 2014
David because his attitude potrays him as man after God's heart he is quike to accepting rebuke and repentance

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by GeeCee(m): 11:33am On Oct 29, 2014
Father Abraham.
A man God told to leave his father's house and his kindred to a land not known and he didn't argue.
A man God told to circumcise all males in his house and did not even wait till d following day before doing it. He carried out the instruction the same day he received it. He circumcised even himself at over 90 years of age.
A man God told to sacrifice his only beloved son and did not argue. He got up and went to do the sacrifice as instructed.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by ukotmi: 12:23pm On Oct 29, 2014
Abishai
1 Samuel 26:8-10New International Version (NIV)
Abishai said to David, “Today God has delivered your enemy into your hands. Now let me pin him to the ground with one thrust of the spear; I won’t strike him twice.

2 Samuel 16:9King James Version (KJV)
Then said Abishai the son of Zeruiah unto the king, Why should this dead dog curse my lord the king? let me go over, I pray thee, and take off his head.

2 Samuel 19:21King James Version (KJV)
But Abishai the son of Zeruiah answered and said, Shall not Shimei be put to death for this, because he cursed the Lord's anointed?

2 Samuel 21:17
17 But Abishai the son of Zeruiah succoured him, and smote the Philistine, and killed him. Then the men of David sware unto him, saying, Thou shalt go no more out with us to battle, that thou quench not the light of Israel.

Abishai, a man of action, never feared for once cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by auskenfine(m): 1:49pm On Oct 29, 2014
I like Prophet Elijah any time any day. Always calling down fire. Feared and respected by everyone.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by tomrockstone: 4:36pm On Oct 29, 2014
Guy u dn talk am finish.elijah na d first firelord in firebending
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Lero15(m): 8:32pm On Nov 02, 2014
MissJennifer:
Mine would be Daniel.... he had an excellent spirit. Infact the Bible described him as being more knowledgeable than his teachers!
Happy birthday!
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by MissJennifer(f): 11:02pm On Nov 02, 2014
Lero15:
Happy birthday!

Thank you!
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Rexyl(m): 5:31am On Nov 03, 2014
See Bible see spiritual characters. The book is just a wonderfully gift from God to humanity.

It reveals and sets the basis for many things. It opens the eyes of the wise and at the same time it confounds them the moment they step out of reasoning in the way of God.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by okeyben10: 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2014
yea ryt man
Joseph was indeed remarkable.
An outstanding aspect of his person for me is that when he resisted Portiphar's wife, God had yet to state his standard on fornication/adultry ( the ten commandments) still Joseph Knew not to cross the line. Fear of God was his strong suit, worthy of emulation
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Aug 21, 2015
mayorxxx:
My favourite is Rahab, she is business oriented and knows how to make her money strategically, though she prostituted her body but I love the fact that she's a capable industrious woman to me she's better than the indebted prophet's wife whose child was to be sold to cover debts
when the bible made mention of Rahab as the harlot. Harlot during those era means an inn keeper "a guest house keeper" it literally didnt mean she was a prostitute
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
God the Father, Jesus His Son and the Holy Ghost are my favourites and will always be
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2015
God the Father, Jesus His Son and the Holy Ghost are my favourites and will always be. Amen
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Aug 21, 2015
lalasticlala:
Can u sacrifice ur lif 4 corruption 2 b eradicated in nigeria?
Gbam. Na so. Good question

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Healing Water Discovered In Nachi, Oji In Enugu State / My Grandfather Was A Native Doctor: Is The Generational Curse Phenomenon True? / Daddy Freeze: To Be Like Dangote, Bill Gates Stop Listening To Oyedepo & Adeboye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.