Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,772 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:38 PM

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? (41678 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? / What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by uboma(m): 10:44am On Oct 26, 2014
sameer1212:
God tempted those he love most undecided

God does not tempt anyone. Of what benefit will tempting anyone serve the Almighty God?

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by dunkem21(m): 10:45am On Oct 26, 2014
King David!.

The man after God's own heart. The man that rescued the goat from the bear. The man that defeated Goliath without armories but with a sling. A great warrior and a humble servant.
He sang to the Lord a million hymns and endeared himself to the Lord (check out his last psalm).
..Nothing moves God than praises.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by donciccio: 10:45am On Oct 26, 2014
kristen12:
My favorite is Ruth, she followed her husband's family to the end even though he was dead,
Ruth1:14-17
14 And they lifted up their voice, and wept again: and Orpah kissed her mother in law; but Ruth clave unto her.
15 And she said, Behold, thy sister in law is gone back unto her people, and unto her gods: return thou after thy sister in law.
16 And Ruth said, Intreat me not to leave thee, or to return from following after thee: for whither thou goest, I will go; and where thou lodgest, I will lodge: thy people shall be my people, and thy God my God:
17 Where thou diest, will I die, and there will I be buried: the Lord do so to me, and more also, if ought but death part thee and me.  

She found favour with God and man
Ruth2:5-16
5 Then said Boaz unto his servant that was set over the reapers, Whose damsel is this?
6 And the servant that was set over the reapers answered and said, It is the Moabitish damsel that came back with Naomi out of the country of Moab: 7 And she said, I pray you, let me glean and gather after the reapers among the sheaves: so she came, and hath continued even from the morning until now, that she tarried a little in the house.
8 Then said Boaz unto Ruth, Hearest thou not, my daughter? Go not to glean in another field, neither go from hence, but abide here fast by my maidens:
9 Let thine eyes be on the field that they do reap, and go thou after them: have I not charged the young men that they shall not touch thee? and when thou art athirst, go unto the vessels, and drink of that which the young men have drawn. 10 Then she fell on her face, and bowed herself to the ground, and said unto him, Why have I found grace in thine eyes, that thou shouldest take knowledge of me, seeing I am a stranger?
11 And Boaz answered and said unto her, It hath fully been shewed me, all that thou hast done unto thy mother in law since the death of thine husband: and how thou hast left thy father and thy mother, and the land of thy nativity, and art come unto a people which thou knewest not heretofore. 12 The Lord recompense thy work, and a full reward be given thee of the Lord God of Israel, under whose wings thou art come to trust. 13 Then she said, Let me find favour in thy sight, my lord; for that thou hast comforted me, and for that thou hast spoken friendly unto thine handmaid, though I be not like unto one of thine handmaidens.
14 And Boaz said unto her, At mealtime come thou hither, and eat of the bread, and dip thy morsel in the vinegar. And she sat beside the reapers: and he reached her parched corn, and she did eat, and was sufficed, and left.
15 And when she was risen up to glean, Boaz commanded his young men, saying, Let her glean even among the sheaves, and reproach her not:
16 And let fall also some of the handfuls of purpose for her, and leave them, that she may glean them, and rebuke her not.

And she became the greatgrandmother of David
Ruth4:13-17
13 So Boaz took Ruth, and she was his wife: and when he went in unto her, the Lord gave her conception, and she bare a son.
14 And the women said unto Naomi, Blessed be the Lord, which hath not left thee this day without a kinsman, that his name may be famous in Israel.
15 And he shall be unto thee a restorer of thy life, and a nourisher of thine old age: for thy daughter in law, which loveth thee, which is better to thee than seven sons, hath born him.
16 And Naomi took the child, and laid it in her bosom, and became nurse unto it.
17 And the women her neighbours gave it a name, saying, There is a son born to Naomi; and they called his name Obed: he is the father of Jesse, the father of David.
Y dis encyclopaedia u wrote?

For me is Methuselah cos I want to live 999 years.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by BRAV0O(m): 10:46am On Oct 26, 2014
Jesus christ of nazareth , my main man ' I'll always pray that God should give me strength and grace to be with him some day in heaven , I love him so much cus of his powerful gospel and revelation , 2000yrs ago and he's still relevant up till today , jesus is real and alive even dwell around us to me ...

8 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by dunkem21(m): 10:47am On Oct 26, 2014
MizMyColi:
Esther, Queen Esther.

My Name is Esther smiley

Esther? I will never forget that.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by skoolbag(m): 10:47am On Oct 26, 2014
MuguliciousMUGU:
My favorite bible character is solomon... Imagine that man had 1000 wives and 5000 concubines... I want to be like him
. My brother so na women be ur problem?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by thankyouJesus(m): 10:48am On Oct 26, 2014
FrancisTony:
My favourite character is Mary.

Mother so pure, chaste etc.

No woman can endure her sufferings.

-Carrying a baby in her womb for nine month.

- Her son was killed on the cross of calvary and handed over to her. cry

-Crying as her son was being wounded and humiliated.

-Not doubting Angel Gabriel during visitation and being a Virgin till the rest of her life.

-Understanding her son in the Wedding of canann.

Oh well! smiley
you need to read your bible at the embolden words.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Glocal1: 10:49am On Oct 26, 2014
Prophet Elijah, he did things d way he wants. I just love d way he called down fire, called beasts to destroy those kids mocking him. I love d man.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by thankyouJesus(m): 10:49am On Oct 26, 2014
You meant 969
donciccio:

Y dis encyclopaedia u wrote?

For me is Methuselah cos I want to live 999 years.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Glocal1: 10:49am On Oct 26, 2014
Prophet Elijah, he did things d way he liked. I just love d way he called down fire, called beasts to destroy those kids mocking him. I love d man.
Prophet Elijah, he did things d way he liked. I just love how he called down fire, called beasts to destroy those kids mocking him. I love d man.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Chubhie: 10:49am On Oct 26, 2014
Solomon for obvious reasons and a drop of David spirit of knighthood.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by rattlesnake(m): 10:50am On Oct 26, 2014
JUDAS
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 26, 2014
Rebekah, cos she was the first woman to gave birth to twin. Mother twin of all nations.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by godunia(m): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2014
Scyllapatron:
Lucifer
its like u didn't understand d question. Is any bible character called Lucifer
?

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by nonen(m): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2014
tranxo:

Heaven is the reward. Earth is the exam. We all must pass THE test before we can get the reward.

Please what and where is the Kingdom which Jesus asked us to pray for in Matthew 6:9-10.

I believe there's a reward here for righteous ones here on earth too.

There are other scriptures backing up the teaching of a reward for righteous ones on earth too.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by uboma(m): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2014
lalasticlala:
My favorite bible character or my hero from the Holy Bible is Joseph.

Joseph overcame all the challenges of life he had starting from his elder brothers' jealousy, to surviving being killed by his jealous brothers, and surviving the jail term given to him over false accusations and finally being lifted up to the exalted position of Egyptian Prime Minister.

Joseph's character is worthy of emulation. I wonder how many young men in this our generation could do what Joseph did, could resist the temptation Joseph resisted from Potipher's wife.

It's obvious that if Joseph had yielded to the demands of Potipher's wife, he would have enjoyed free sex, the best of food, money, etc. Because his Oga's wife would have been his 'sugar mama'.

But Joseph rejected the offer.

The account of Joseph in the Bible can be found in Genesis chapter 39:

6And [Potiphar] left all that he had in Joseph's charge and paid no attention to anything he had except the food he ate. Now Joseph was an attractive person and fine-looking.

7Then after a time his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph, and she said, Lie with me.

8But he refused and said to his master's wife, See here, with me in the house my master has concern about nothing; he has put all that he has in my care.

9He is not greater in this house than I am; nor has he kept anything from me except you, for you are his wife. How then can I do this great evil and sin against God?

10She spoke to Joseph day after day, but he did not listen to her, to lie with her or to be with her.

11Then it happened about this time that Joseph went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the men of the house were indoors.

12And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me! But he left his garment in her hand and fled and got out [of the house].

13And when she saw that he had left his garment in her hand and had fled away,

14She called to the men of her household and said to them, Behold, he [your master] has brought in a Hebrew to us to mock and insult us; he came in where I was to lie with me, and I screamed at the top of my voice.

How many Josephs do we have in this our generation?

If you were in Joseph's shoes, would you have done what he did?

Many Potipher's wives still abound in this our generation.

How many have been able to resist them.

Who is your favorite character from the Bible and why?

@ op, what would you uave done if you find yourself in Joseph's shoes?

How many have you been able to resist
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Torrett(m): 10:54am On Oct 26, 2014
Mine favorite character is Elisha d double portion receiver. .........the protocol breaker, the kings wish to see...so many more about this prophet. !!

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 10:54am On Oct 26, 2014
Mine is Ruth.

Her kindness and love towards her mother inlaw was outstanding. And, God blessed her for that.

Another person was Gideon.

His story showed how God can elevate someone from zero to hero.

4 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by edgyslim: 10:54am On Oct 26, 2014
SuperMartins:
Hmmm..anyways,mine shuld be Delilah.. Pls donot ask y oo..Lolz

There are some serious lessons to be leart from that story. I second you bro

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by samflex(m): 10:55am On Oct 26, 2014
diksucker:
mine is Rehab. She was a prostitute but she helped save the spies sent by Joshua and God rewarded her and she was saved rather than destroyed.

You dey use her give yourself hope abi
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by veraiyke(m): 10:56am On Oct 26, 2014
David is the man. He was adventurous. Very thoughtful. Courageous n d peoples man

3 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by uboma(m): 10:56am On Oct 26, 2014
MuguliciousMUGU:
My favorite bible character is solomon... Imagine that man had 1000 wives and 5000 concubines... I want to be like him

this got me laughing and rolling on my couch. Will u be able to be like Solomon in this generation
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Ovaiegbe(m): 10:58am On Oct 26, 2014
Well, I want to assume Jesus is not included in the characters so spoken of. For me one character intrigues me most and that is David the King.
He was described by God as a man after His heart. He was anointed King of Israel both willingly served the disfavored King Saul, willingly served his parents who had asked him to take food to his brothers who were in the battle field. He was a man who made so many mistakes (like we all do) but never wavered in his trust in God. God said to him, "don't build me a house because your hands are stained with blood." David agreed but prepared all the plan and materials required for the building and even more.

In all my flaws, I only desire that my trust in God be so unwavering as this man and that I could be so humble before him as this man was.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by pweetiedee(m): 11:00am On Oct 26, 2014
Esther.;
Obedient
wise
Esther was beautiful. She knew how to tame her husband. She was obedient to her cousin, mordecai. she was humble- she found favour insight of Hegai-thekeeper of women. I want to be like her
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by emmasky90(m): 11:03am On Oct 26, 2014
mine is Peter... tho u was an apostle bt he drew his sword n cut of d ear of one of dose hu came to arrest Jesus....i.e weneva duty calls answer

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by basty: 11:05am On Oct 26, 2014
Joshua, Because of fire of God in his life. Oh Lord, let my life command fire in Jesus name.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 11:05am On Oct 26, 2014
mine will always be Judas Iscariot. Dude is an opportunist.
Jacob- an opportunist.
Mordecai- the guy no send @all
Jonah- escapist.
Lastly, King Pharaoh- very opinionated dude.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Glocal1: 11:06am On Oct 26, 2014
I fell in love with bro JACOB, a go-getter, smart n intelligent man. He took his brother's birthright n even wrestled with GOD. Chaii, I would love to see dis man.

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by xcolanto(m): 11:07am On Oct 26, 2014
Abraham
Obedient
A man and father of faith.

Abraham was a man that fulfilled his God given purpose on earth. A man that trusted, believed and had faith in God despite all odds and against the natural principles of life. If one wants to learn to walk with God and be fulfilled, loads of pointers could be seen in the life of AAbraham.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by xtervaganza(m): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2014
MizMyColi:
Esther, Queen Esther.

My Name is Esther smiley
ehen
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by titsandbra(f): 11:08am On Oct 26, 2014
lalasticlala:
My favorite bible character or my hero from the Holy Bible is Joseph.

Joseph overcame all the challenges of life he had starting from his elder brothers' jealousy, to surviving being killed by his jealous brothers, and surviving the jail term given to him over false accusations and finally being lifted up to the exalted position of Egyptian Prime Minister.

Joseph's character is worthy of emulation. I wonder how many young men in this our generation could do what Joseph did, could resist the temptation Joseph resisted from Potipher's wife.

It's obvious that if Joseph had yielded to the demands of Potipher's wife, he would have enjoyed free sex, the best of food, money, etc. Because his Oga's wife would have been his 'sugar mama'.

But Joseph rejected the offer.

The account of Joseph in the Bible can be found in Genesis chapter 39:

6And [Potiphar] left all that he had in Joseph's charge and paid no attention to anything he had except the food he ate. Now Joseph was an attractive person and fine-looking.

7Then after a time his master's wife cast her eyes upon Joseph, and she said, Lie with me.

8But he refused and said to his master's wife, See here, with me in the house my master has concern about nothing; he has put all that he has in my care.

9He is not greater in this house than I am; nor has he kept anything from me except you, for you are his wife. How then can I do this great evil and sin against God?

10She spoke to Joseph day after day, but he did not listen to her, to lie with her or to be with her.

11Then it happened about this time that Joseph went into the house to attend to his duties, and none of the men of the house were indoors.

12And she caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me! But he left his garment in her hand and fled and got out [of the house].

13And when she saw that he had left his garment in her hand and had fled away,

14She called to the men of her household and said to them, Behold, he [your master] has brought in a Hebrew to us to mock and insult us; he came in where I was to lie with me, and I screamed at the top of my voice.

How many Josephs do we have in this our generation?

If you were in Joseph's shoes, would you have done what he did?

Many Potipher's wives still abound in this our generation.

How many have been able to resist them.

Who is your favorite character from the Bible and why?
JESUS because he we are saved by him and can enjoy Grace and truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Father Christmas Keeping Social Distance / My Pastor Justified Taking Another Wife With Scripture, Is He Right? / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.