Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,728 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:10 PM

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? (41709 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? / What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Elypsis(m): 4:01pm On Oct 26, 2014
jibikunle:
the Bible said son of man will be delivered but woe to whom through which this happen .all we need pray of is that we should not be use like Judas
Bros aw wud Christ av died for our sins if Judas didn't betray him?Did u think God didn't fashion it that way?
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by decasey(m): 4:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
NmaGOD44:
see ya life grin
No vex , na my mind I just talk so, dis one were BH day terrorise innocent ppls so' u like am ?. Day ar my number one on d list. Two ar d once dat ar making some derogatory or inserting comment, my dear even some NL ppls, I would have love 2 cut off d finger dat day ar using 2 type d poo day type n seal dere mouthcheesy cheesy . D list is just so long bo. Make I stp here. Hw is ur sunday?.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by judedwriter(m): 4:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
I like samson-not even incredible hulk or. Superman fit beat amgrin grin cheesy
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by lovelyronke20(f): 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mine is Job and I can talk about him any day. Did you guys see what this man went through? He was wealthy he had everything and all of a sudden it disappeared. He started falling sick and his wife told him to curse God and die but he didn't. His three friends too weren't helping at all but still job stayed faithful. What did God use to test his faith, he told him to pray for those friends that were making fun of him and what did job do he prayed for them and God restored everything back to him times two...

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by golamike: 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
Abraham! The friend of God. He "foolishly" and sheepishly obeyed every instruction that God gave to him without asking any question(s). Genesis Chapters 12 & 22.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by zyzxx(m): 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
Samuel
a man dat none of his word fails
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by jaygorgon(m): 4:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
CHRIST ....
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Moblord(m): 4:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
Pharaoh.... He was stubborn
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Kylekent59: 4:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mine is Enoh. He walk in fellowship with God and God took him away becausw he was very holy
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by OMA4U(m): 4:48pm On Oct 26, 2014
I love APOSTLE PAUL. Why?

"Do you know that in a race all the runners run, only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

1 Cor. 9:24 - 27

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by oluwasegun007(m): 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
David is my favourite....reason being that he won most of his battles with God on is side except for when he sinned against God
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Squall(m): 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2014
SoloMON

-DE Richest, en Wisest in Human history. His wisdom fetch him so much...
...cant 4get one of his wise words (Eccl 5:18). I wish 2b lyk him dis guy
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by bolinchin: 4:56pm On Oct 26, 2014
I cant say I have a favourite but I do have 2 fascinating bible characters. They are a source of inspiration to me any day. Incidentally my two favourites are name sakes; JOSEPH THE SON OF JACOB and JOSEPH THE FATHER OF JESUS. The first Joseph endured temptations and trials without getting bitter at God.He held on tenaciously to his dreams even when it didnt look like he will see its fulfilment.He loved God not by words only but in action and forgave his brothers for all the pains they caused him.Joseph is a perfect example of Romans 8:28 at work in a man's life.
The second Joseph stood with his fiancee in the face of uncommon challenges.He didnt want her to be put to shame,he believed in God's plans for her life and laid aside his personal desires to see the plan come to pass.Oh God give me a man like Joseph
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by TCF1980(m): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2014
FrancisTony:
My favourite character is Mary.

Mother so pure, chaste etc.

No woman can endure her sufferings.

-First and only woman to conceive without having sex.

-Carrying a baby in her womb for nine month.

- Her son was killed on the cross of calvary and handed over to her. cry

-Crying as her son was being wounded and humiliated.

-Not doubting Angel Gabriel during visitation and being a Virgin till the rest of her life.

-Understanding her son in the Wedding of canann.

Oh well! smiley

But the bible said she had other sons and daughters.... I guess they werent through the spoken word but via intercourse so she didn't remain a vir.gin till death.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by bomsilaga(m): 5:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
My favourite character is Jethro.
He taught Moses the ways of God.
He showed the Israelites the route to the promised land.

I like Mephiboseth.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by tiwiex(m): 5:10pm On Oct 26, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
my favourite is job.
Not like I love his character(ok I love his character : he was patient and persevered - which is rare in our modern society)
... but I just find the story confusing...

Like, why would God claim to love him so much and allow him to be tempted that much. lipsrsealed

I read the bible or entertainment these days.and it is funn that way. Thanks to the OP for the character approach. The Job story is quite siily and I doubt such ever happennd. Like you ssaid wwy purnish him..
My issues
1. Satan came with the angels to see God. Seriously?. They role together?
2. He at looked to and fro and no action. God suggested Job to him. Poor dude. Satan probably didn't even know Job.
3. God gave him permission but don't kill him. Yet the fire that destroyedd his possession was released by God. God assisted with the destruction.
From a character perspective its cool but the story get kleg.

My favourite character is God. Will discuss later.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by avuekwe(f): 5:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
[quote author=Shokoloko post=27464693]I love the two ladies aquila and prisca/ priscillia. They were thanked severally in the new testament and mentioned as being helpers in the house of God. They didn't do mighty works but they were consistent acts 18, 1corinthians 16, 2 timothy 4.

I also love the prophetess and intercessor anna luke 2:36. She worshiped, fasted and prayed. She loved the Lord[/quote

aquila and Priscilla are a couple o. Not two females.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by avuekwe(f): 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
No one has mentioned mine from the beginning of this thread to this point, and he is Jonah. My life is just like his, refusing to heed Jehovah's instruction but His loving kindness with me made me return to Him to do the right thing and I'm forever grateful for a second chance. Preaching the good news of Gods kingdom is my sole aim from now on.

5 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Austin234(m): 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mine is Joseph
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Miraclestar: 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2014
My favourite bible character has to be Apostle Paul. I love his humility and his readiness at all times to recgonise and admit that he is NOTHING without the grace of God. He was always ready to tell whoever he writes to that without grace we are NOTHING, that we owe all our existence and accolades to the grace of God. From our salavation to our prosperity. I call him Apostle Grace Paul. He has made me to so much fall in love with the word.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by dein77(m): 5:43pm On Oct 26, 2014
Miraclestar:
My favourite bible character has to be Apostle Paul. I love his humility and his readiness at all times to recgonise and admit that he is NOTHING without the grace of God. He was always ready to tell whoever he writes to that without grace we are NOTHING, that we owe all our existence and accolades to the grace of God. From our salavation to our prosperity. I call him Apostle Grace Paul. He has made me to so much fall in love with the word.

Dear, Apostle Paul na bomb! I roamed fruitlessly for more than a decade till I carefully read his epistles. Once I did, my life never remained the same.

He si my hero.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by dein77(m): 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
avuekwe:
No one has mentioned mine from the beginning of this thread to this point, and he is Jonah. My life is just like his, refusing to heed Jehovah's instruction but His loving kindness with me made me return to Him to do the right thing and I'm forever grateful for a second chance. Preaching the good news of Gods kingdom is my sole aim from now on.

I'm so happy to read this. A vast majority of us have similar stories. I pray He upholds you to the end.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by dein77(m): 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
OMA4U:
I love APOSTLE PAUL. Why?

"Do you know that in a race all the runners run, only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last; but we do it to get a crown that will last forever. Therefore I do not run like a man running aimlessly; I do not fight like a man beating the air. No, I beat my body and make it my slave so that after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified for the prize."

1 Cor. 9:24 - 27

Me too.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by ayo4dworld(m): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
Elijah and Paul. These two men were terror to the kingdom of darkness while they were on Earth. Infact devil fears them no be small
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
stinggy:

Lol
Looks like Gideon's story was used in church today grin
Lol.

u are not serious.

The story was used in Koran.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Kingstone32(m): 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
David and his 30 thousand soldiers. They remind me to stand tall in adversity
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by scaler345: 6:02pm On Oct 26, 2014
My favs are d talking snake, d loquacious donkey and d man-swallowing fish. Wicked characters ........
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Juzzybabe(f): 6:04pm On Oct 26, 2014
Job. He was a very patient man. He loved and obeyed God even in his deepest grief.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by taiwo005(m): 6:05pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mine is Samson.... That guy is like Spartacus!
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by ayo4dworld(m): 6:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
englishmart:
Mine is Jesus. He died for the sins of the world.
I like his altruism..

I don't mind dying to set people free too. Coz I'm one selfless human...
Hmmmmmn..... You are sure you can?. It's much easier to say anyway, but always difficult to act. No matter how selfless you are, you can not permit yourself to be killed for the offence you knew nothing about. Even the Lord Jesus asked that the cup should pass him over when the suffering got to a point. It's not easy my brother. What Jesus did is a sacrifice that no man can endure through such. Moroever God also asked the angels that Whom He shall send, but none gave a positive reply except Jesus

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by noskybanj(m): 6:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
Moses has 2 b d 1 me. Reading his book is d 1 thing we all need 2 understand how BIIG the GOD we serve is. U also get 2 learn wat is required of u, nd things u needn't do as a child of GOD. Moses it is.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Patrick Henry Edet And Inyene Sampson White Wedding Photos / 7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Hajj Stampede: “he Stoned Them Back To Death” – Nigerian Transgender Blames God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.