Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,548 members, 7,812,748 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:33 PM

Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? (41714 Views)

What Is Your Favorite Bible Verse And Why? / What Is Your Favorite Bible Translation? / What's Your Favorite Bible Verse(s) ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Lekison(m): 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
MuguliciousMUGU:
My favorite bible character is solomon... Imagine that man had 1000 wives and 5000 concubines... I want to be like him
i pity your life
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by lalasticlala(m): 12:33pm On Oct 26, 2014
uboma:

@ op, what would you uave done if you find yourself in Joseph's shoes?

How many have you been able to resist

lol
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by theunusualmoon(m): 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
chronique:
That's for you. My bible tells me that "whatever I ask from God,believing,I shall receive". He promised to honour His word,more than His name. I hold on to His words.
This is one of the reasons why atheists are on the rise.You people come up with so many unrealsitic claims.GOD already gave solomon his word.GOD's word will never pass away.
If at all you will be rich,maybe next to solomon,but not richer than solomon.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Lekison(m): 12:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
Elijah...God of Elijah send down fire.(my name-sake)
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by okotv(m): 12:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
mine would be Daniel cause even the Bible says he was blameless....I just want to live a blameless life.

Daniel 6:4.

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by sekzy99(m): 12:40pm On Oct 26, 2014
i need a job onboard a ship, studied marine engineering. Have my stcw 95,medical n discharge book ready. Momlilyseyi@ gmail.com or 08023373302Thanks
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Shokoloko(f): 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
I love the two ladies aquila and prisca/ priscillia. They were thanked severally in the new testament and mentioned as being helpers in the house of God. They didn't do mighty works but they were consistent acts 18, 1corinthians 16, 2 timothy 4.

I also love the prophetess and intercessor anna luke 2:36. She worshiped, fasted and prayed. She loved the Lord
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by fridayj(m): 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
favourite is Jesus.... all is teaching and preaching are food for d spirit..lik d BEAUTITUDE....favourite Jesus say i will b wit u even to d end of age...
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Realfiness(m): 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
Kachisbarbie:
my favourite is job.
Not like I love his character(ok I love his character : he was patient and persevered - which is rare in our modern society)
... but I just find the story confusing...

Like, why would God claim to love him so much and allow him to be tempted that much. lipsrsealed

if u read d scripture well u see dat God was only proving to Satan how faithful Job is.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by albertelle: 12:45pm On Oct 26, 2014
God told satan that he knew a man that cannot be tempted and he mention job,job as wealth as every thing in life but God choose him cos of is faith he add, and satan went and took is wealth maid him restles in life that he him self is no worthy in the sight of men but he passed the test God gave him, that there is someone there to serve him.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by FLAWLES(f): 12:46pm On Oct 26, 2014
*wats dat verse again slf?
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by yeshi(f): 12:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
My favourite Bible character is David. He is so humble & readily repents

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Btruth: 12:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mine is David. He knows his ways back to God whenever he committed sins. "Have mercy on me, O' Lord".
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Elypsis(m): 12:51pm On Oct 26, 2014
jahbiz:
Ur signature says it all, I can guess those who use those words.
U got any prob with that?Or do u think there wud av being redemption if not for Judas.....God intentionally used him for our salvation cos if God hadn't uused him to beettray the son of man how wud u think Christ wud av died for our sins.............think of it , he later repented tho,did the bible tell us that he neva repented? He did and he was forgiven. Guy reason am
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by tola9ja: 12:54pm On Oct 26, 2014
1samuel 13:1
which one should we choose

New International Version
Saul was thirty years old when he became king,
and he reigned over Israel forty- two years.
New Living Translation
Saul was thirty years old when he became king,
and he reigned for forty-two years.
English Standard Version
Saul lived for one year and then became king,
and when he had reigned for two years over
Israel,
New American Standard Bible
Saul was thirty years old when he began to reign,
and he reigned forty two years over Israel.
King James Bible
Saul reigned one year; and when he had reigned
two years over Israel,
Holman Christian Standard Bible
Saul was 30 years old when he became king, and
he reigned 42 years over Israel.
International Standard Version
Saul was 30 years old when he began to reign,
and he ruled for 42 years over Israel.
NET Bible
Saul was [thirty] years old when he began to
reign; he ruled over Israel for [forty] years.
GOD'S WORD® Translation
Saul was [thirty] years old when he became king,
and he was king of Israel [forty-two] years.
Jubilee Bible 2000
Saul was as a son of one year when he began to
reign, and when he had reigned two years over
Israel,
King James 2000 Bible
two years over Israel,
American King James Version
two years over Israel,
American Standard Version
Saul was forty years old when he began to reign;
and when he had reigned two years over Israel,
Douay-Rheims Bible
Saul was a child of one year when he began to
reign, and he reigned two years over Israel.
Darby Bible Translation
Saul was ... years old when he became king; and
he reigned two years over Israel.
English Revised Version
Saul was thirty years old when he began to reign;
and he reigned two years over Israel.
Webster's Bible Translation
two years over Israel,
World English Bible
Saul was [forty] years old when he began to
reign; and when he had reigned two years over
Israel,
Young's Literal Translation
A son of a year is Saul in his reigning, yea, two
years he hath reigned over Israel,
can any christian use holy spirit to explain these
verse
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by OkikiOluwa1(m): 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mine is Elisha
lalasticlala:
Chibwike y is job ur favorite bible karata?
Cos Job is a real Nokia 3310.

Last Bullet
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by lordnammy(m): 1:13pm On Oct 26, 2014
My favourite bible character is David a man after God's own heart

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by wildikeman(m): 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
hifaif:

Do remember to ask Jehovah why he asked Saul to utterly destroy the Amalakites (including their babies).
are u a atheist or muslim...u are so confused!
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Skimpledawg(m): 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mine is Elijah the Tisbite!! D dude aint got time to joke wid his enemies! He cald FIRE when necessary nd he demonstrated his undoubted FAITH in GOD by holding Isreal to ransom for three n half yrs without food n wata!!

Jezz! Dah old niqqa is crazy!

#in oda news, Chelsea to Ra'pe ManU dz evenin! Bless Yu
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by mizjules(f): 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
My favorite is David..brave from small.. Despite the crime he comitted he still remembere that there is a merciful God(ps51): david was humble and loyal to God..only if addam and eve acknowledge their sin and asked God for mercy, a lot would have changed

Others include, job, hannah, sarah..loved their patience

1 Like

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by ITbomb(m): 1:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
David
He dealt with anybody wey cross him path
A man after God's heart
A man in authority and excess wealth
When he was sick, his wife brought him a young maid to be with him

What else do you want in life?
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by ify84(m): 1:23pm On Oct 26, 2014
I will never forget d 3 Hebrew men... standing before Nebuchadnezzar... they, my hero... shedrach, meshchal, and abednego..
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by whitedove(m): 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
diksucker:
mine is Rehab. She was a prostitute but she helped save the spies sent by Joshua and God rewarded her and she was saved rather than destroyed.
your moniker says it all,I wonder whether you don't live in a brothel
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Skimpledawg(m): 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
hugelyendowed:
Solomon. I like his character. He was the richest in bible and also had so many wives & concubines. Wow. sampling different pusis. He couldn't have tasted 1 puci twice a yr.
Yu NEED JESUS undecided
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by wildikeman(m): 1:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mine is Solomon...no wars, 700 wives and 300 correct babes as concubines. Then he is still the richest monarch till date. Oh and he was emmm wise.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by iamodenigbo1(m): 1:29pm On Oct 26, 2014
JACOB AND DAVID
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by Skimpledawg(m): 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
nonen:

Please what and where is the Kingdom which Jesus asked us to pray for in Matthew 6:9-10.

I believe there's a reward here for righteous ones here on earth too.

There are other scriptures backing up the teaching of a reward for righteous ones on earth too.
John 14vs2-3 cool
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by chronique(m): 1:31pm On Oct 26, 2014
Speak for yourself;don't speak for me. I know who I believe in. And please,don't quote me on this issue again;I'm done with you. Have a blessed day.
theunusualmoon:

This is one of the reasons why atheists are on the rise.You people come up with so many unrealsitic claims.GOD already gave solomon his word.GOD's word will never pass away.
If at all you will be rich,maybe next to solomon,but not richer than solomon.
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by efficiencie(m): 1:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
Mine's ELIJAH the representation of the PROPHETS, a troubler of Isreal's foes, a defender of the cause of Jah, a master of space and time, a man of the supernatural...and the only man that called down fire in the name of the Lord God...

God has many names but when he's called by the name: "THE LORD GOD OF ELIJAH" he answers by fire and power...just as he answered ELIJAH...

I covet one thing greatly and that is THE SPIRIT OF ELIJAH...

2 Likes

Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by uboma(m): 1:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
hugelyendowed:
I love Shedrack, Meshak & Abednego for their boldness and courage in standing against that wicked king Nebuchadnezzar.

I will love to meet same men to ask them how they felt before being thrown into the burning furnace. I admire their courage to serve God even in the face of death
Re: Who Is Your Favorite Bible Character And Why? by haffaze777(m): 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2014
mine is Lucifer ,questions are not entertain here

#gbam#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

7 Reasons Why Christians Should Stop Taking Alcohol / Hajj Stampede: “he Stoned Them Back To Death” – Nigerian Transgender Blames God / Healing Water Discovered In Nachi, Oji In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.