Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,540 members, 7,812,678 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:26 PM

Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed (26285 Views)

PDP has hijacked the national assembly....lai mohammed / We Have Evil Plans Against Igbos : Junaid Muhammed / Igbos Are A Shameless Ethnic Group With “greed, Selfishness – Junaid Muhammed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by naijaking1: 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Oga sociologist, I asked you a simple question but you went dancing azonto. You claimed Igbo stopped the first coup, please tell who planned the first coup? (a) Yoruba (b) Hausa (c) Fulani (d) Hausa+Fulani+Igbo (e) Igbo (f) I don't know

You want a simple answer? The answer will disappoint you. Yorubas!
You probably didn't know that there were a group of disaffected Nigerians of all stripes and shapes who were fed with the corruption and ineptitude of the time, who wished a person like Awolowo would do a better job as president or head of state. All of them were not Igbos.
Maybe also you have not heard of Lt. Col Adegboyega, who as a compatriot of Nzeogwu participated fully in planning and executing the first coup.
Everything was planned to benefit Awo. The soldiers drafted to kill Zik and Okpara simply failed, and it was not a general concensus of the Igbo nation that others be killed while their leader was spared, despite all the maligning theories you must have heard.

8 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Ikengawo: 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2014
SLIDEwaxie:
sure, a typical igbo is a fraud, and any unigbotic igbo gets my vote!

And I dnt consider any straight igbo as an igbo because a typical one is a con man!
lol weird

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by SamIkenna: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Oga sociologist, I asked you a simple question but you went dancing azonto. You claimed Igbo stopped the first coup, please tell who planned the first coup? (a) Yoruba (b) Hausa (c) Fulani (d) Hausa+Fulani+Igbo (e) Igbo (f) I don't know

3 or 4 Igbos and 1 Yoruba, so it's none of the above.
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 26, 2014
Biased Mind. Where were u when the Igbo's were being killed there in the north?.....

mtchewww
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:06pm On Oct 26, 2014
naijaking1:

No, I wasn't disappointed. I knew you were either a bigot or had a shallow knowledge of Nigeria's history. There was a reason I quoted about three of your comments.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:07pm On Oct 26, 2014
SamIkenna:

3 or 4 Igbos and 1 Yoruba, so it's none of the above.

Lol.
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 26, 2014
naijaking1:

You probably didn't know that there were a group of disaffected Nigerians of all stripes and shapes who were fed with the corruption and ineptitude of the time, who wished a person like Awolowo would do a better job as president or head of state. All of them were not Igbos.
Maybe also you have not heard of Lt. Col Adegboyega, who as a compatriot of Nzeogwu participated fully in planning and executing the first coup.
Everything was planned to benefit Awo. The soldiers drafted to kill Zik and Okpara simply failed, and it was not a general concensus of the Igbo nation that others be killed while their leader was spared, despite all the maligning theories you must have heard.

Why did you have to say all of them were not Igbo? If there is one Nigerian in a Brazilian team, how do we address them?
(a) Brazilian team (b) Nigerian Team (c) Brazilian-Nigerian team (d) I don't know

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by naijaking1: 9:12pm On Oct 26, 2014
ProfCorruption:

No, I wasn't disappointed. I knew you were either a bigot or had a shallow knowledge of Nigeria's history. There was a reason I quoted about three of your comments.

I don't do childish name calling on my post, so I advise you to be more matured, and to the point at hand.
What Nigerian history is there to show that Igbos, all Igbos got together, agreed to plan a coup, executed the coup, and therefore liable for a general maltreatment as a result of the coup? You have no history to show that, all you have is assumption, suppositions, and allegations.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by naijaking1: 9:14pm On Oct 26, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Why did you have to say all of them were not Igbo? If there is one Nigerian in a Brazilian team, how do we address them?
(a) Brazilian team (b) Nigerian Team (c) Brazilian-Nigerian team (d) I don't know

Wrong analogy, again!
Maybe, not so wrong, because it shows the level of your understanding of this issue. So along your own line of thought: it's a Brazilian team! However, if the Brazilian team losses the game, you would not only kill every team member( as they used to do in ancient Mayan football game) you will start killing every Brazilian in your neighborhood (as they Hausa/Fulanis did in 1960s)

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
Long Tym NL.

(Yawns) .Seems NL's gone so boring nwadys since intellectuals like Gbawe, Naptu, Bluetooth, 9jaCrip et al are all on vacation.

...Ehn Ehn, Whats the nonsense topic of the thread gan na?
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:16pm On Oct 26, 2014
naijaking1:

I don't do childish name calling on my post, so I advise you to be more matured, and to the point at hand.
What Nigerian history is there to show that Igbos, all Igbos got together, agreed to plan a coup, executed the coup, and therefore liable for a general maltreatment as a result of the coup? You have no history to show that, all you have is assumption, suppositions, and allegations.

Lol, my sociology teacher is upset. grin grin grin

Oga sociologist, you were the one that say Igbo stopped the first coup. Did they get together, plan it, then execute it? Tell us how they did it.
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2014
naijaking1:

Wrong analogy, again!

Then present the right one. How many "others" have to be present to neutralize the "igboness" of the coup?
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2014
Sup Mayorof Lag, Prof C....greetings t'ya all. !!
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by naijaking1: 9:21pm On Oct 26, 2014
ProfCorruption:

Oga sociologist, you were the one that say Igbo stopped the first coup. Did they get together, plan it, then execute it? Tell us how they did it.

Igbos stopped the first coup, because they saw it as wrong, proving the fact that not every Igbos never got together and agreed to plan the coup in the first place. Unfortunately, when the dust settled, some people came of hiding to try and change the narrative and common sense involved here.
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Abagworo(m): 9:22pm On Oct 26, 2014
ProfCorruption:

I've long been tired of arguing this Igbo thing with other Nigerians. Igbo is too large an ethnic group with sub-tribal divisions that disallow a general Igbo consensus. Igbos on the other hand seem to fuel this suicidal impression by the action of many Igbo leaders. An example is TAN, YEAA and Ohaneze meddling into politics. Even Ijaws till this day have never come out to claim a group action like Igbos do and the worst is that few people do this for money and not for Igbo interest.
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Kponkwem(m): 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2014
vanbonattel:
what these people failed to notice, was that the Igbos started to fight another civil war in this country immediately after the first one ended. They spread out into every state and secretly started buying up assets. Since Awolowo cornered all companies and sol d shares to Yorubas, igbos moved the other way and bought all available lands. Including yoruba land and lagos, which is a no mans land anyway. grin

the housas and yoruba won the civil war. But lost the ensuring peace cheesy

This Junaid Moh'd must be high on drugs and kwunu. If the mind of the so-called leaders is this evil, there is no hope for Nigeria. Smh
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
naijaking1:

Igbos stopped the first coup, because they saw it as wrong, proving the fact that not every Igbos never got together and agreed to plan the coup in the first place. Unfortunately, when the dust settled, some people came of hiding to try and change the narrative and common sense involved here.

We are making progress, my sociologist lecturer. Is the part in blue an admission, your admission, that Igbo planned the first coup?

(a) If yes, who benefited from the altered political equation?

(b) If no, who planned the coup?
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Malawian(m): 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Why then did you divert from the topic and started reading the book of lamentations?
this is asadike? the humour is very farmiliar. grin grin
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2014
The igbos- bouncing back from the political, developmental and political setback that emanated from the civil war, I think this group has suffered neglect from the federal govt over the years. They are hated by most ethic group but any unpleasant attitude you find in an igbo person is as a result of the urge to thrive and survive under an uncomfortble condition (its not really an excuse to be of bad behaviour anyway).

The Yorubas- very comfortable with the way they are, they will support the northerners not because the like them but because they like to see igbos suffer. They have lots of nice ones amongst them but they all have this mentality of being better than any tribe. Great people with rich culture but have developmental setbacks due to poor approach in preserving their historical trademarks.

The hausas- religion extremist with very great cohesive force between them. They generally detest christians but easily align with the Islamic fragment of the yorubas (this explains why they can't agree with igbo). This people will choose religion over nationality and ethnicity, they will always prefer the muslim fragment of the yorubas to any part of nigeria. I haven't meet lot of them but I'm yet to see a learned one ( the core hausa states). Become a muslim and you will make your friendship with them a smooth sail.

5 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Abagworo(m): 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2014
I'm also sure its a paid Igbo that started this nonsense thread to also create enmity with North just because of little money. Money is not everything my brothers. Here is the true story from Punch.

http://www.punchng.com/news/jonathan-cant-win-in-2015-because-he-never-won-any-election-in-the-past-junaid-mohammed/

To me this excerpt is the most important point he made in that interview and every intelligent Nigerian should make good analysis of this interview.

Many think if President Goodluck Jonathan wins in next year’s poll, the current Boko Haram crisis will not subside. Do you share this fear?

I believe that this government is involved with Boko Haram directly and indirectly with some of the terrorists in the Niger Delta. Anybody who believes that there is a direct connection knows that this Boko Haram insurgency is not coming out of the blues; it is being financed indirectly or directly by the government. If as they tried to do during the (Peter) Odili tenure in Rivers, to encourage people to unleash violence and after the election, they abandon them, those people will take up arms and unleash terror on them. The fact is this, government is irredeemably corrupt and incompetent.

Do you think that negotiation is the key to curtailing the Boko Haram crisis in the North-East?

Who are you going to negotiate with? Modu Ali Sheriff, Asari Dokubo, Edwin Clark or the President himself who are all implicated? How do you talk about stopping armed robbery with a confirmed armed robber?
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Ilovenigeria(f): 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2014
Malawian:

this is asadike? the humour is very farmiliar. grin grin
hahahahahaha nooooo I am not asadike...... His reading from the book of Igbo lamentation was very obvious naaaa.
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by naijaking1: 9:32pm On Oct 26, 2014
Abagworo:

I've long been tired of arguing this Igbo thing with other Nigerians. Igbo is too large an ethnic group with sub-tribal divisions that disallow a general Igbo consensus. Igbos on the other hand seem to fuel this suicidal impression by the action of many Igbo leaders. An example is TAN, YEAA and Ohaneze meddling into politics. Even Ijaws till this day have never come out to claim a group action like Igbos do and the worst is that few people do this for money and not for Igbo interest.

Whether Igbos do it for money or position is not really the issue. The issue is that there is no where in the World the action of a few men is used as a reason to punish every member of the tribe.
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2014
Oh boy, see massive katayanings from TANoids.

"Yorubas caused the First coup...
Yorubas are great BUT have developmental setbacks......."

TANoids sure WILL NEVER dissapoint you with their ultra-obtuse way of reasoning.
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2014
naijaking1:

Whether Igbos do it for money or position is not really the issue. The issue is that there is no where in the World the action of a few men is used as a reason to punish every member of the tribe.
I agree with you.
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2014
naijaking1:

Wrong analogy, again!
Maybe, not so wrong, because it shows the level of your understanding of this issue. So along your own line of thought: it's a Brazilian team! However, if the Brazilian team losses the game, you would not only kill every team member( as they used to do in ancient Mayan football game) you will start killing every Brazilian in your neighborhood (as they Hausa/Fulanis did in 1960s)

It seems you write a comment twice. First post, then update. Fine.

I am alarmed you mentioned Brazilian throughout this post without even putting Nigeria once. Is that an admission that in a team of about 12 people, an outlier of one, is inconsequential?
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 26, 2014
StBlack1:
Oh boy, see massive katayanings from TANoids.

"Yorubas caused the First coup...
Yorubas are great BUT have developmental setbacks......."

TANoids sure WILL NEVER dissapoint you with their ultra-obtuse way of reasoning.

yoruba people are great people with rich culture but You can hardly differentiate yoruba cities in the 70s from the way they are currently.

2 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by doublewisdom: 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
Ilovenigeria:

Why then did you divert from the topic and started reading the book of lamentations?
Hahahahajajhahahahahhahahahahahhahhhahaha!
Werey! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Your response made me lol. You try!
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by naijaking1: 9:42pm On Oct 26, 2014
ProfCorruption:

We are making progress, my sociologist lecturer. Is the part in blue an admission, your admission, that Igbo planned the first coup?

(a) If yes, who benefited from the altered political equation?

(b) If no, who planned the coup?

Let's go back to your football analogy. So the Brazilians lost, the players are all killed. Now you go after the team owners, because some where down the line, you see them benefiting from the situation-that's ok too. If you still go after every Brazilian as a whole, then that's wrong, and the question about who 'planned' the game becomes totally irrelevant at this time. This is a level I hope you can comprehend, ok!
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2014
naijaking1:

Let's go back to your football analogy. So the Brazilians lost, the players are all killed. Now you go after the team owners, because some where down the line, you see them benefiting from the situation-that's ok too. If you still go after every Brazilian as a whole, then that's wrong, and the question about who 'planned' the game becomes totally irrelevant at this time. This is a level I hope you can comprehend, ok!

Mr Sociologist, we are not analyzing the aftermath (win or lose) of the football match. We just wanna know which team is playing. What should we call the team?
Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2014
menabadoo:
yoruba people are great people with rich culture but You can hardly differentiate a yoruba city in the 70s from the way they are currently.

Please can you explain to me why despite the ubiquitous looks of Yoruba cities, oblong-headed goons from the east leave their caves (called home to them) to these same cities?

1 Like

Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by Nobody: 9:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
StBlack1:

Please can you explain to me why despite the ubiquitous looks of Yoruba cities, oblong-headed goons from the east leave their caves (called home to them) to these same cities?

I think you should do that yourself before I degrade myself by engaging you in a tribalistic discourse.

4 Likes

Re: Igbos Have Hijacked The Nigerian Economy- Junaid Muhammed by naijaking1: 9:52pm On Oct 26, 2014
ProfCorruption:

It seems you write a comment twice. First post, then update. Fine.

I am alarmed you mentioned Brazilian throughout this post without even putting Nigeria once. Is that an admission that in a team of about 12 people, an outlier of one, is inconsequential?

Yeah, I modified after you posted other things!
I was using your own analogy. Pardon me for using Brazil instead of Nigeria, it's just an example.
However, the relative ration of one Yoruba man to five Igbos is larger than that of one outlaying player among 12 others playing from the same tribe.
Especially, when I have already said that the coup's original benefactor would have been Awo who was jailed by the corrupt Tafawa Balewa administration.
Whether we had one one Yoruba, two or even three could have made no difference, because those first coupists were not looking at themselves as Igbos or Yorubas, because they saw a need to clean up the whole nation, not their own tribes.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

US Cautions Dokubo, Tompolo, Others Over Inflammatory Statements / How FG Spent $340m, N27bn In Search Of Oil In The North / Charles Novia Shares 'Hitler Buhari' Video On Facebook

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.