Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,659 members, 7,820,322 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Understanding The Concept of Tithing - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The Concept of Tithing (37093 Views)

The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 8:30pm On Oct 29, 2014
jdilight:

If the tithe changed from war spoil to agricultural goods while can't it can to money now taking into consideration what made it change. Now did Jacob promise to tithe to God war spoil or agricultural goods?

Tithe changed from war boot.y to agricultural goods because God himself made the change. Who gave the instruction that money should be given as tithe? Pastor?

jdilight:

God said the tithe was His even though it was meant to keep food in the house of God.

God defined the tithe. He did not say "the tithe" was his, he said the tithe of "Agric produce" was his. If you don't specify the nature of "the tithe", any tenth will qualify as tithe (belonging to God) including a tithe of human head, or tithe from robbery proceeds, prostitution e.t.c. God's tithe was clearly defined for the Israelite, so they had no problem knowing what to bring to God. For the Israelite you don't see questions like...is tithe based on gross or net income?......is it right for children to tithe their allowance (pocket money)?......Is it right to tithe gift?.....should politicians tithe? e.t.c

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Zikkyy(m): 8:33pm On Oct 29, 2014
jdilight:

I don't tithe because Abraham did, neither do I urge people to tithe because Abraham tithed. I tithe so that there will be food in the house of God and that the gospel of Christ will spread to all. It is my love for God that make me tithe.

If this is true. You don't need Malachi or Genesis to justify your tithe practice, all you need is the bit in blue font. You run to Malachi and Abraham cos you know what you posted above is false.

11 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by nannymcphee(f): 6:13am On Oct 30, 2014
jdilight:

I dislike repetition, why should I continue to say the same thing over and over again. Read the write up and ask me any question and I will answer you, if it is not already answered in the this write up.

Pls can you give me 3 New Testament scriptures that admonishes us as Christians to Tithe

Paul introduced Christianity to the gentile world, how come he didn't teach them to tithe?

you insist that the church will be spread through tithing! the Catholics don't have tithe as a doctrine, neither is it contained in their dogma/canon law! How come they have spread throughout the world?

If tithing is this important, we ought to have numerous examples in the New Testament

23 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by nannymcphee(f): 6:36am On Oct 30, 2014
jdilight:
THE BENEFITS OF TITHING

1. To bring increase from that where the tithe came from.
By the tithe Abraham paid, he was immune from being defeated in any war he will go into.

2. To stop the devourer from devouring your possession.

based on point 1 & 2, we can safely infer & conclude that any Christian that suffers any woes or is in lack isn't a tither?

Pls wake up!! tithing does not guarantee the above points, there are faithful Christians that have not experienced increase or who have lost their possessions

The Christians in Jos, whose houses & properties were burnt in the religious crises, weren't they tithers?

as for abraham being immuned from further wars, I don't know where you got that from, chapter what, verse what please?

Abraham give from the spoils of war as an act of worship & thanksgiving!! C'est fini

He didn't do it because of any benefits or immunity, it is such promises that the church has used in trapping people into giving of tithes.

21 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by nannymcphee(f): 7:17am On Oct 30, 2014
jdilight:
THE GATE OF HELL AGAINST THE PROSPERITY OF THE CHURCH OF GOD

Zechariah 1:17, "Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of host; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.

pls to understand this verse, you have to start from verse 1. This chapter is talking about the typical scenario where Israel will stray from God & the typical suffering/woes that normally comes with it & the blessing that comes later when they repent as evident based in Vs 2-4 of this chapter

2 The LORD hath been sore displeased with your fathers.
3 Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the LORD of hosts.
4 Be ye not as your fathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings: but they did not hear, nor hearken unto me, saith the LORD

here is what some translations has to say about V17

17 And again let your voice be loud and say, This is what the Lord of armies has said: My towns will again be overflowing with good things, and again the Lord will give comfort to Zion and take Jerusalem for himself.

17 “Proclaim further, saying, ‘Yahweh of Armies says: “My cities will again overflow with prosperity, and Yahweh will again comfort Zion, and will again choose Jerusalem.”’”

17 “Also announce the following: ‘This is what the LORD of the Heavenly Armies says: “My cities will again overflow with prosperity. The LORD will comfort Zion once more and will choose Jerusalem again.”’”

hope you get what God is saying, when they turn back to him, the cities will be filled back with prosperity

notice the later part of Vs17

The LORD will comfort Zion once more and will choose Jerusalem again

why is The Lord comforting them & choosing them "again"??

When they turn back to him, they will prosper then he will comfort them & they will become his again.

my leader taught me this, I know you heard vs 17 from your pastor, now go study along these lines & ask your questions

Gombs, I call upon you because you asked this questions before!

5 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nobody: 12:11pm On Oct 30, 2014
As the Naija guy sang it ;
"If you are new in the game, make you go pay your tithe"

Who is new in the game here ? You better find a better thing to post than the tithing thing that has a lot of holes. Tithing itself has been abused.

Some tithe more than the ten percent they are being asked to tithe. Is that not adding to the word or law of God ? Yet those people that are tithing more than the ten percent fool their congregation into tithing more than the ten percent in order to tempt or bribe God into doing what they want.
Some also preach and accept tithing your ten percent in advance...but is this biblical ?

Yet adding to the word of God seem nothing to them because they keep on adding to it and call all of what they do as "tithing in or with FAITH" . But I don't seem to locate any passage of the bible that instructed the Israelites to have tithe in Faith. OR can you show me that passage ?

Anything that passes under the rod was to be tithed,now why is it that when you kill your christmas chicken,cow or goat , you don't care about tithing it ?

ALL PRESENT DAY TITHERS ARE HYPOCRITES !!!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by feedthenation(m): 5:23pm On Oct 30, 2014
With all the tithes been levied in most churches, only the pastors are living fat of the collections.

The money are thus invested in real estates, shares or other business ventures giving them huge returns afterwards. Yet the average church member is still struggling to make ends meet. Majority of present day pastors are not called, rather they call themselves. If God had called them into full time ministry, he will make enough provisions for them.

Jesus sent out his disciples in Luke 10:1-24, without any financial inducement. Also in Mark 16:15-18, he also gave his disciples the template for spreading the gospel again money wasn't mentioned. So where do our present day churches get the idea that 'money is next to godliness'?

15 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by seagulsntrawler: 8:59pm On Oct 30, 2014
jdilight:

Zechariah 1:17, "Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the LORD of host; My cities through prosperity shall yet be spread abroad; and the LORD shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Jerusalem.

The church of God doesn't spread through poverty but through prosperity. If so, how then do prosperity come to the church of God except through increasing the sources of our tithe and by stopping the devourer from afflicting us.

The major reason while some are against tithe is because they are against the spreading of the word of God. There are other reason I will speak on later.

Psalms 35:27, "Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

God doesn't have pleasures in people against his righteous cause. People who sees the spreading of the cities of God as evil.

God takes pleasure in the prosperity of those who diligently pay their tithe for the spreading of the cities/churches/gospel of God. They will always shout for joy and be glad because they favour God's righteous cause and not that of their pastors.

Those against the paying of tithe are against the church of God. But I decree, they shall not prosper in the name of Jesus Christ.

You don't have to curse others for not sharing the same view with you, which I think is unchrist-like. You can buttress your points by referring to the scripture, rather than cursing.

Cheers

17 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by 1mindchrisr(f): 9:49pm On Oct 30, 2014
im going to share ds thread with my life group
it an awakening spiritual victory specially for d people dt are poor who chose to remain far from God coz of what been preached to them no tithing no prosperity

im saying all this coz iv decided to b a loneranger among worshipers in our church
God knows i paid my tithes till studying d Word of God ,i then developed a sense of unrest

n i kept studying it n dez one scripture when Jesus says ' come to me n i will give you rest '

n i said Lord Jesus i need you

n i made a decision on paying tithes in church

i chose to give to d less privilege in church n owtside church in Faith through Jesus coz he said what you give or do to these people u will b doing in me n bearing in mind dt he wasnt talking feeding n dressing d pastors

i now have peace deep within me even with d fake smiles n forced convernsation i get everysunday sometimes it so unbearable so much dt i skip church grab my bible n go to d Beach alone i choose a lonley part of d beach n My God i hv d best un interupted relationship

my God Bless all of you for ur sharing against this tithing
i know to some it a blow, while to some are feeling confused(crossroad)
but it a blessing to me

i look forward to your next revelations even thou im not sure how ill do dt coz dez some threads i dont even go futher by viewing d twisting in d Bible

8 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 10:18pm On Oct 30, 2014
The person who wrote this is got to be kidding? [color=#990000][/color][ quote author=1mindchrisr post=27593621]im going to share ds thread with my life group
it an awakening spiritual victory specially for d people dt are poor who chose to remain far from God coz of what been preached to them no tithing no prosperity

im saying all this coz iv decided to b a loneranger among worshipers in our church
God knows i paid my tithes till studying d Word of God ,i then developed a sense of unrest

n i kept studying it n dez one scripture when Jesus says ' come to me n i will give you rest '

n i said Lord Jesus i need you

n i made a decision on paying tithes in church

i chose to give to d less privilege in church n owtside church in Faith through Jesus coz he said what you give or do to these people u will b doing in me n bearing in mind dt he wasnt talking feeding n dressing d pastors

i now have peace deep within me even with d fake smiles n forced convernsation i get everysunday sometimes it so unbearable so much dt i skip church grab my bible n go to d Beach alone i choose a lonley part of d beach n My God i hv d best un interupted relationship

my God Bless all of you for ur sharing against this tithing
i know to some it a blow, while to some are feeling confused(crossroad)
but it a blessing to me

i look forward to your next revelations even thou im not sure how ill do dt coz dez some threads i dont even go futher by viewing d twisting in d Bible [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 11:10pm On Oct 30, 2014
"The Major reason while some are against tithe is because they are against the spreading the word of God?"
Open up your eyes and ears, no-non tither has asked you for any tithes'{Monies} The lord has made an open door for us all, we don't have to leave the comforts of our homes" we can now travel all over the globe, without the tithing messages being said? Why would anyone want to give a tithe to other preachers? When its not scriptural. Revelation 1-6,1 Peter 2-9. The lord has "ordain" us all, as "priest" of God. So if I gave you a tithe, and you gave someone else a tithe, and everyone gave and received a tithe, What then? So I prefer to give all I have' By spreading the word of God, through the internet to all the nations. And theirs no tithing Monies needed. So I say, keep your 10% {Money} and give it to the poor. Do what "Jesus" would do. And theirs no man blessed more then the other, we are all equal in the sight of the lord.
jdilight:

The church of God doesn't spread through poverty but through prosperity. If so, how then do prosperity come to the church of God except through increasing the sources of our tithe and by stopping the devourer from afflicting us.

The major reason while some are against tithe is because they are against the spreading of the word of God. There are other reason I will speak on later.

Psalms 35:27, "Let them shout for joy, and be glad, that favour my righteous cause: yea, let them say continually, let the LORD be magnified, which hath pleasure in the prosperity of his servant.

God doesn't have pleasures in people against his righteous cause. People who sees the spreading of the cities of God as evil.

God takes pleasure in the prosperity of those who diligently pay their tithe for the spreading of the cities/churches/gospel of God. They will always shout for joy and be glad because they favour God's righteous cause and not that of their pastors.

Those against the paying of tithe are against the church of God. But I decree, they shall not prosper in the name of Jesus Christ.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by PastorKun(m): 6:35am On Oct 31, 2014
seagulsntrawler:

You don't have to curse others for not sharing the same view with you, which I think is unchrist-like. You can buttress your points by referring to the scripture, rather than cursing.

Cheers

Don't mind the filthy rogue, he is betraying his frustrations and heaping curses on himself.

10 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by 1mindchrisr(f): 8:17am On Oct 31, 2014
[quote author=brocab post=27594355] ?

?? The person who wrote this has got to b kidding

u entitled to your own thinkin
angry
all d best
iv crossed dt bridge long time ago
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 5:58pm On Oct 31, 2014
brocab:
"The Major reason while some are against tithe is because they are against the spreading the word of God?"
Open up your eyes and ears, no-non tither has asked you for any tithes'{Monies} The lord has made an open door for us all, we don't have to leave the comforts of our homes" we can now travel all over the globe, without the tithing messages being said? Why would anyone want to give a tithe to other preachers? When its not scriptural. Revelation 1-6,1 Peter 2-9. The lord has "ordain" us all, as "priest" of God. So if I gave you a tithe, and you gave someone else a tithe, and everyone gave and received a tithe, What then? So I prefer to give all I have' By spreading the word of God, through the internet to all the nations. And theirs no tithing Monies needed. So I say, keep your 10% {Money} and give it to the poor. Do what "Jesus" would do. And theirs no man blessed more then the other, we are all equal in the sight of the lord.

I came from a village to the town. My village supposedly the most developed among the many around because we are privilaged to have a federal road run through it don't enjoy internet facility though I have one in my office. Will you take the gospel to people who has no internet to them through internet? I live in the real world, I don't live in the internet though I have it in my office.

Abraham was a prophet but he paid tithe to a priest.

Levi after collecting tithe is commanded according to the law of Moses to pay tithe, I don't think this made him any less than a priest. We need to understand that priest is an office and no a person.

Tithe is Gods way of proving for his church.

I hope the internet doesn't stop you from going to church?

My advise, you shouldn't spent more than 20% of your active day on the internet.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 6:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
seagulsntrawler:

Cheers

I didn't cause anyone. When I say shall not prosper, I mean it. Their scheme to bring down the church of God will never see the light of the day. This prayer was not directed to anyone in particular, but to everyone. If you think my prayer is unchrist-like, what do you make of Christ prayer, "the church of God shall move forward and the gate of hell shall not prevail against it?"

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 6:20pm On Oct 31, 2014
nannymcphee:

pls to understand this verse, you have to start from verse 1. This chapter is talking about the typical scenario where Israel will stray from God & the typical suffering/woes that normally comes with it & the blessing that comes later when they repent as evident based in Vs 2-4 of this chapter

2 The LORD hath been sore displeased with your fathers.
3 Therefore say thou unto them, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye unto me, saith the LORD of hosts, and I will turn unto you, saith the LORD of hosts.
4 Be ye not as your fathers, unto whom the former prophets have cried, saying, Thus saith the LORD of hosts; Turn ye now from your evil ways, and from your evil doings: but they did not hear, nor hearken unto me, saith the LORD

here is what some translations has to say about V17

hope you get what God is saying, when they turn back to him, the cities will be filled back with prosperity

notice the later part of Vs17

why is The Lord comforting them & choosing them "again"??

When they turn back to him, they will prosper then he will comfort them & they will become his again.

my leader taught me this, I know you heard vs 17 from your pastor, now go study along these lines & ask your questions

Gombs, I call upon you because you asked this questions before!

Thank you. compare above you quoted with Malachi 3:7-12. You will see that one who do not pay tithe fall into the category of the above you have quoted. Both are saying return or are they not?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 6:23pm On Oct 31, 2014
nannymcphee:

based on point 1 & 2, we can safely infer & conclude that any Christian that suffers any woes or is in lack isn't a tither?

Pls wake up!! tithing does not guarantee the above points, there are faithful Christians that have not experienced increase or who have lost their possessions

The Christians in Jos, whose houses & properties were burnt in the religious crises, weren't they tithers?

as for abraham being immuned from further wars, I don't know where you got that from, chapter what, verse what please?

Abraham give from the spoils of war as an act of worship & thanksgiving!! C'est fini

He didn't do it because of any benefits or immunity, it is such promises that the church has used in trapping people into giving of tithes.

Anything that everyone knows is no more a secret. Tithe was a secret revealed Abraham at the right time. No gainsaying the above fact you mentioned, but you seem so sure as if you are the people in the north who have such misfortune and no christain again exist in the place.

Now let me make it clear that tithe paying will never take you to heaven.

Also, many pay tithe wrongly and has no reward.

Maybe I should talk about paying tithe rightly next.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by jdilight(m): 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
nannymcphee:

Pls can you give me 3 New Testament scriptures that admonishes us as Christians to Tithe

Paul introduced Christianity to the gentile world, how come he didn't teach them to tithe?

you insist that the church will be spread through tithing! the Catholics don't have tithe as a doctrine, neither is it contained in their dogma/canon law! How come they have spread throughout the world?

If tithing is this important, we ought to have numerous examples in the New Testament

Will answer you later, I have to go home now. Thank you.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by 1mindchrisr(f): 7:12pm On Oct 31, 2014
jdilight:

Thank you. compare above you quoted with Malachi 3:7-12. You will see that one who do not pay tithe fall into the category of the above you have quoted. Both are saying return or are they not?

d Tithe dt abraham did
was it. actually given as money or in another form?
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 9:01pm On Oct 31, 2014
Great speech, you say you live in the real world, like many of us do, some are unfortunate then others in each country, and yet you have access to the internet and you again' like myself are sharing the word of God. What is your argument? You don't need prosperity preachers fly in taken monies from the poor and giving them false hopes? {The lord needs you}. As you see clearly the lord had called you into his kingdom' the lord has also given you an open door, what is stopping you reaching out to those in your village, telling them the truth about the lord. The lord has called you and placed you' so you can reach out to those unsaved. The lord's children are spread from the four corners of this world, sharing that truth to the lost souls. There's an open door for us all" are you ready? {Or maybe you need the tithing Monies first, like other prosperity preachers, who you are giving your tithes too} Study the bible. ask the lord for truth, ask for wisdom & knowledge. You will find the truth in the lord. 1 Timothy 6 men of corrupt minds, destitute of the truth, who suppose that Godliness is the means of Gain {Money} From such withdraw yourself..We brought nothing into this world, and sure enough we can't take anything out of it. We are no longer under the law of Moses. Galatians 3-10, For as many as are of the works of the law are under a curse; for it is written "Cursed is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them. V's 24, Therefore the law was our tutor to bring us to Christ, that we might be justified by faith. But after faith has come, we are no-longer under a tutor. As it's written. The truth will set you free. Save your monies and spend it wisely on a computer. As you know" these days the computer can be used for many good things, there are hundred's of Christian forums like this one. Endtimes news, Endtime Prophesies, And we all know the lord is coming back-etc.. You can either seek the truth and help open a door so the rest may see. All wait for others to come into your village.
jdilight:

I came from a village to the town. My village supposedly the most developed among the many around because we are privilaged to have a federal road run through it don't enjoy internet facility though I have one in my office. Will you take the gospel to people who has no internet to them through internet? I live in the real world, I don't live in the internet though I have it in my office.

Abraham was a prophet but he paid tithe to a priest.

Levi after collecting tithe is commanded according to the law of Moses to pay tithe, I don't think this made him any less than a priest. We need to understand that priest is an office and no a person.

Tithe is Gods way of proving for his church.

I hope the internet doesn't stop you from going to church?

My advise, you shouldn't spent more than 20% of your active day on the internet.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by RedReact: 11:04pm On Oct 31, 2014
jdilight:

Bro, how did that passage relate to tithing in Malachi 3:7-12
?

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by PastorKun(m): 9:13am On Nov 01, 2014
jdilight:

I didn't cause anyone. When I say shall not prosper, I mean it. Their scheme to bring down the church of God will never see the light of the day. This prayer was not directed to anyone in particular, but to everyone. If you think my prayer is unchrist-like, what do you make of Christ prayer, "the church of God shall move forward and the gate of hell shall not prevail against it?"

The mistake you are making is that the church of God does not need your fraudulently collected tithe money to prosper. The church of God and the gospel of Christ grew,prospered and spread through out the world for over 1800 years till the fraudulent monetary tithe was introduced to the church by American evangelicals in 1893. So clearly God doesn't need your help or filthy tithes to prosper his Church.

3 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 12:21am On Nov 02, 2014
We will pray for you, seek some help, is their any counselling at your church. Ask the lord to show you the truth, ask him to show you "love." No-one is against the church of God' but there's not many "churches" out there, who "don't" teach the tithing messages. But those who do" are preaching against our lord, it is not scriptural in the NT, Christians are not under that old testament law-{TORAH} We are under the law of Christ. 1 Corinthians 9:20-22 For though I am free from all men, I have made myself a servant to all, that I might win the more; and to the jews I became as a Jew, that I might win Jews, to those who are under the "law"that I might win those who re under the law;

to those who are without law," as without law {not being without law toward God" but under law toward Christ} that I might win those without law..So now you see the law was only for the Jews, in the OT, and the tithing law was one of the 613 laws. Try to pray, and ask the lord to show you the truth. The truth will set you free.
jdilight:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by alotofgrace(m): 8:11am On Nov 02, 2014
tithe?

count me out

6 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Barblow(m): 8:13am On Nov 02, 2014
Tithe is good and if you are faithful with it you would see its impact in your life.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by adelolaa(m): 8:14am On Nov 02, 2014
download XarmZoft text to speech app here (language translator included: save to SD card for later or share d text directly)
[link]http://www68.zippyshare.com/v/176887/file.html [/link]
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by morbid: 8:18am On Nov 02, 2014
Ok
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by fyneboi79(m): 8:21am On Nov 02, 2014
PastorKun:
The way some charlatans twist scripture to hold on to this obsolete doctrine of tithes is so nauseating angry the more annoying thing is that the fraudulent version of tithes they preach is totally different from the biblical one they claim to copy.
They do so just to enrich themselves at d expense of the gullible population and then go about buying exotic cars and jets. Me pay tithe...never!! I would rather help d poor and needy than give my money to those charlatans undecided

7 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by EdDave(m): 8:25am On Nov 02, 2014
Ever since I started tithing, my life changed.
And while I advise people to pay theirs, I would not insist.
Everyone has their lives to live.
To your tent , O Israel.

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by victorD3: 8:26am On Nov 02, 2014
WinsomeX:
So we should tithe because Abraham tithed. But Abraham did a lot more things that are not binding on Christians today.

Abraham circumcised his sons. Christians are not bound to be circumcised today. Acts 15, Galatians 5.

Abraham offered burnt offerings. No Christian
does that today.

Abraham was polygamous. Christians are not.

Abraham fought wars. Christians do not necessarily fight wars.

And, lastly here, Abraham gave a tithe once from war spoils. Should Christians do the same?

As for Jesus fulfilling the law. If the law is fulfilled, what is left to be done in it? Why would Christ fulfill all the law and leave only that of tithing for Christians to fulfill?

Please attempt my questions.

Don't mind this people with their church business. So many things has been dropped from the old testerment except this one thing.

3 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by fyneboi79(m): 8:26am On Nov 02, 2014
jdilight:

Thank you for ur message,we r not interested in empowering charlatans who don't even give back to d poor and needy undecided

3 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by PROCTOR: 8:27am On Nov 02, 2014
If it's that important as they make it look today how come jesus did not mention it
At least ONCE
but when it comes to issue their inner mind does not quite agree with, they'd be like we are no longer under the LAW we are under the grace

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Atheist Society Of Nigeria Celebrates Christmas. See Reactions (Photos) / About The High Rate Of Immoral Sex Amongst Young People Today / May God Keep Daddy Adeboye. That Man Is A True Man Of God

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.