Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,182 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:24 AM

Understanding The Concept of Tithing - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Understanding The Concept of Tithing (37113 Views)

The Law Of Tithing, Does It Really Work For You? / Testimonies On Why We Stopped Tithing Here / How To Reap The Full Benefits Of Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by akinademayowa(m): 4:41pm On Nov 03, 2014
I honestly would have loved to write much on this matter of tithe,but I hate arguments, because arguments can never resolve an issue.every body will just. contribute his or her own views about something, and nobody will want to accept that another person is either right or wrong. but know that God has not called us unto confusion,neither is He the author of confusion. I think one of the greatest problem the church and individual Christians face today is. that we have too much knowledge. this one has his own view about something, that one also. have his own different from the other,and each of us wants to convince every body that it's his own that is correct because he received it by a kind of revelation. That's nonsense. the word of God is simple and direct to understand. moreover,the Christian life isn't a life of "what somebody did,I also must do",it's not a life of rules and regulations of any sort, and it's not about the necessity of doing or not doing something. if it's paying of tithes that God considers before he can bless a man,it means the tithe payers should be on the list of world's richest people. whereas I'm not against tithe, yet I'm not saying u "must" or u "should" be paying tithe. those who emphasize tithes in the church are just blind to spiritual truths in the Bible.check all of them,the only passage they can quote best to support tithe is Malachi 3:8-10 or So.....to cut my words short,the Christian life is about living according to the will of the spirit. do u know that if for example you collect your salary,and God ministers to you to give the whole of every thing to a nearby person who is in need,but u just take 10% and pay in the church, you have. not obeyed God and your tithe is unacceptable? our problem in the church is that,most of our So called pastors have made us church-ward in all our doings,all in the name of doing or giving to the work of God.read the Bible very Well,even the old testament,you will realise that God demanded from Israelites three. different kinds of tithe, one for the priests /levites, one for the whole of the people,all of them to gather all their tithes and use it to feast before the Lord,and the third for those who are less privileged....if you understand what stewardship is,,you will know that there's Nothing you have or gain that is yours.how many times have you made a profit or collected your salary and you call unto God in your privacy to present the money to him that he should direct you on how to spend every penny Of it? yet That's what should be our attitude if we are children of God. personally I don't emphasize on tithe,I prefer telling people to present their all to God and let God direct them on how to spend it.thats true stewardship.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by dein77(m): 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
Amondayweh:
pls mr jisilight read romans 10vs4. ask ursef whc law did christ end.

The day I grasped the Rhema of this verse, I screamed. My wife thought I had gone nuts.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by daniwealth(m): 6:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
princefunmi:

First of all, what is a Tithe?

A tithe is one tenth of annual produce or earnings.

What Abraham gave was one tenth of Spoils of war. Moreso Melchizedek was a representative of True worship to God. It was a very common custom at that time to give one tenth of whatever you have to whatever god you worshiped.

Now in the days of the Israelite when God made that Law, he specifically asked that the Israelite to give one tenth of what they had as Tithe to the Temple. The reason was because the Temple had expenses that needed to be covered. The Priests who were devoted to service in the Temple had to have an upkeep. Maintenance on the Temple has to be constantly done. For a central Location of worship in a city like Israel in those day, you would quite agree that huge costs were involved in running the Temple. To help cover that cost, God instituted the tithe. The tithe had a very specific purpose. The Tithe was not an atonement for sin. It was neither a precursor to a blessing. Rather it was a responsibility that every Israelite had in relation to their commitment to the Temple. Remember that the priests did no other work apart from the Temple work

Today, we no longer worship at a temple. Therefore we no longer need the Tithe. Infact the Bible makes clear that each one should give according to what he has concluded in his heart and that it should be given cheerfully for God loves a cheerful giver.

If there is any church that stipulates that Tithing is mandatory, that church is only preying on the ignorance of its members. Tithe is no longer required in service to God.

does it also means we shoudnt give offering in church,as well ,since we where never told to give offering in the new testaments.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by daniwealth(m): 6:53pm On Nov 03, 2014
dein77:

The day I grasped the Rhema of this verse, I screamed. My wife thought I had gone nuts.

paying of tithes started before the Law was given.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by dein77(m): 7:03pm On Nov 03, 2014
daniwealth:

paying of tithes started before the Law was given.

Tithe indeed existed before the law. It was first recorded in Gen 14 where Abraham met with the King of Salem and willingly gave him a tenth of his war looks. Before and after this isolated incident, there's no mention of tithe being given by Abraham.

Truth is, I still pay my tithe. But i don't do.it from a law point of view. And I don't feel guilty or condemned if I fail to pay it in a month. As a worker, I give more three times my tithe every month.

Other ordinances were also instituted before the law. Why do we retain only the tithe?

If you haven't gotten the revelation, pls keep paying your tithes.....

2 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by KLand(m): 7:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
I believe in tithing. But I don't agree that we should be forced to give it. God loves a cheerful giver. God is not a beggar. If you can't willingly give God 10% of your increase, you may as well keep it.

Those who don't give tithe should stop criticising those who do. And if you are not giving God your tithe, then what are you giving Him? You can't say you love God without givng to Him.

So whether we give God tithe or not, we are all accountable to Him. Everything He gave us are in trust; we are stewards of the resources God put in our hands. Titheing is one of the ways we appreciate that privilege.

It pays to pay your tithe. I am a witness!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by dein77(m): 7:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
KLand:
I believe in tithing. But I don't agree that we should be forced to give it. God loves a cheerful giver. God is not a beggar. If you can't willingly give God 10% of your increase, you may as well keep it.

Those who don't give tithe should stop criticising those who do. And if you are not giving God your tithe, then what are you giving Him? You can't say you love God without givng to Him.

So whether we give God tithe or not, we are all accountable to Him. Everything He gave us are in trust; we are stewards of the resources God put in our hands. Titheing is one of the ways we appreciate that privilege.

Thank you.....
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by muelzik(m): 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
OP, do me a favour. Please take your time and read the book of Hebrews chapter 7 from verse 1 to the end. Every line pls. There you will understand these things in full. Why the law, including the law of tithing became void. As a matter of necessity and fact, tithe was used principally and expressely as an example, featuring melchizedek, abraham and the new priest, Jesus christ. Read verses 11 down for eye opening to the fact that christ is what matter now and no more the laws, including tithing cos the former is set aside cos it was weak and useless (vs 18).

Jesus became the guarantee for a better covenant (testament) vs 22. It goes on and on. Open ur eyes to the understanding of these things. Tithing doesnt seem to involve efforts as much as freely determining to give to God without been forced.

We have the bible yet we seem confused by so called pastors who aint even qualified to hold posts, but deceiving pple in order to get richer.

You can also read Hebrews 8 as well, read verse 13 of it again and again when you get there.

Dont give room for all this so called 'acceptable deceits' simply because you were born to meet them here on earth. That doesnt make it right.
I am using phone to type. Would give in more when i handle a computer to type details. God bless us all.

A member of the Church of Christ.

2 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 11:45pm On Nov 03, 2014
No-one is criticising anybody on this tithing page. Theirs truth written in the bible, and theirs non-truth, clearly the lord has told us he came to fulfil the laws, which he did. Have you heard a eye for a eye, a tooth for a tooth, in the old testament the meaning of it is written in
Leviticus 24;19-20, If a man causes disfigurement of his neighbour, as he had done, so shall it be done to him. Fracture for fracture, eye for eye, tooth for tooth; as he has caused disfigurement of a man, so shall be done to him. Jesus fulfilled the law by changing God's old testament law.
Matthew 5: 38-39, You have heard that it is said: An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. V's 39,But I tell you not to resist an evil person. But who ever slaps you on your right cheek, turn the other to him also. So you see. Jesus had fulfilled the laws.In the old testament there were 613 laws to obey, tithing and sacrificing the forgiving of sins. was one of them. Jesus also fulfilled that law, and from tithes' we now "give through faith" Not tithe through faith.
Galatians 3:10-14, For as many as under the works of the law are under the curse; for it is written "Cured is everyone who does not do continue in all things which are written in the book of the law, to do them. V's 11. But no-one is justified by the law, the just shall live by faith. V's 12, Yet the law is not of faith V's 13, Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law.V's 14, That the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the spirit through faith. If we were to follow the Old testament laws in today's world, there will be no-one left to worship our lord. Those day's if you have a stubborn and rebellious son/daughter who will not obey the parents, in those old laws" they were stoned to death. And look at most of our children today are all rebellious. And if anyone who commits adultery with another man's wife, shall be put to death. Jesus again fulfilled the law changing it in, John 8 3-7, Then the Scribes and Pharisees brought to him a woman caught in adultery. V's 5, Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned, but what do you say. {Jesus changing the law} said: in V's 7, He who is without sin among you, let him cast the first stone. and in V's 10, when Jesus had stood up he asked the woman, where are those accusers of yours? V's 11, She said: No-one Lord' And Jesus said: neither do I condemn you.
God does love a cheerful giver, but Jesus done away with tithing. He fulfilled the laws, as it is written.
KLand:

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 11:46pm On Nov 03, 2014
grin Tithing was made for sinners, And Jesus wasn't a sinner cool
KLand:

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 12:42am On Nov 04, 2014
Can't you read. Jesus never done away with his father's laws, Jesus fulfil the laws. Galatians 3:10-14. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse:Curse is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law. {Do you yourself follow all the laws}? V's 11, But no-one is Justified by the law in the sight of god" For the just shall live by faith. V's 12, YET THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH. V's 13, Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the LAW. V's 14, that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the spirit through FAITH. You surely don't read you bible, and Jesus came to fulfil the laws as its written. And if you study the bible yourself you will also see the changers in the laws. Think about it' the OT says if your son is stubborn and rebellious the parents have the rights to stone him to death. Would you do that? And if you committed adultery, You will be put to death, John 8:4-7 The scribes and Pharisees brought to him a woman caught in the very act of adultery V's 5, Now Moses in the Law commanded us that such should be stoned" V's 7, Jesus in the NT said: those who don't sin cast the first stone. In Matthew 5:17-18, Do not think that I came to destroy the law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfil. Which means Jesus had made a better path for us to follow. Find the truth. it will set you free. And tithing was one of those old testament laws, Jesus had fulfilled.
boxer022:
What you are saying is that since Christ came to do away with the laws his father gave to His people. Which means that God and His Son Jesus are in enemity or they do not agree. God said inm the Bible that before he says any word, that word is refined seven times by him. God also that instead of any of his words which He spoke not to be fulfilled, Heaven and Earth should pass away. Talking of Sabbath, the same bible said that Jesus Christ is the Lord of Sabbath. All of the laws which God gave in the Bible, He said that they will be to the end of time. Christ been the Son of God cannot come and or do away with His Father's laws, as Christ and his Father are at peace
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 1:43am On Nov 04, 2014
We don't receive our views from self motive , every scripture is written in the bible, this information didn't come from man, it came from the lord God himself. A steward is one that speaks the truth, willing to support and help lead those who are lost. There are two different doctrines being preached, which one are you?
akinademayowa:
I honestly would have loved to write much on this matter of tithe,but I hate arguments, because arguments can never resolve an issue.every body will just. contribute his or her own views about something, and nobody will want to accept that another person is either right or wrong. but know that God has not called us unto confusion,neither is He the author of confusion. I think one of the greatest problem the church and individual Christians face today is. that we have too much knowledge. this one has his own view about something, that one also. have his own different from the other,and each of us wants to convince every body that it's his own that is correct because he received it by a kind of revelation. That's nonsense. the word of God is simple and direct to understand. moreover,the Christian life isn't a life of "what somebody did,I also must do",it's not a life of rules and regulations of any sort, and it's not about the necessity of doing or not doing something. if it's paying of tithes that God considers before he can bless a man,it means the tithe payers should be on the list of world's richest people. whereas I'm not against tithe, yet I'm not saying u "must" or u "should" be paying tithe. those who emphasize tithes in the church are just blind to spiritual truths in the Bible.check all of them,the only passage they can quote best to support tithe is Malachi 3:8-10 or So.....to cut my words short,the Christian life is about living according to the will of the spirit. do u know that if for example you collect your salary,and God ministers to you to give the whole of every thing to a nearby person who is in need,but u just take 10% and pay in the church, you have. not obeyed God and your tithe is unacceptable? our problem in the church is that,most of our So called pastors have made us church-ward in all our doings,all in the name of doing or giving to the work of God.read the Bible very Well,even the old testament,you will realise that God demanded from Israelites three. different kinds of tithe, one for the priests /levites, one for the whole of the people,all of them to gather all their tithes and use it to feast before the Lord,and the third for those who are less privileged....if you understand what stewardship is,,you will know that there's Nothing you have or gain that is yours.how many times have you made a profit or collected your salary and you call unto God in your privacy to present the money to him that he should direct you on how to spend every penny Of it? yet That's what should be our attitude if we are children of God. personally I don't emphasize on tithe,I prefer telling people to present their all to God and let God direct them on how to spend it.thats true stewardship.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by filiks(m): 6:34am On Nov 04, 2014
Zikkyy:

Tithe are not meant for the poor? What about Deuteronomy 14:28-29? You think God lied when he said the tithe should be shared with the poor?

Deuteronomy 14:28-29(KJV)
28 At the end of three years thou shalt bring forth all the tithe of thine increase the same year, and shalt lay it up within thy gates:
29 And the Levite, (because he hath no part nor inheritance with thee,) and the stranger, and the fatherless, and the widow, which are within thy gates, shall come, and shall eat and be satisfied; that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all the work of thine hand which thou doest.

Thank you for this. They conveniently omit this scripture whenever tithing is being discussed and stick to '...meat in my house ...' scripture cos only the 'keeper of the house' gains from that scripture. To me, that is dubious.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by foxychev(m): 10:23am On Nov 04, 2014
If anybody has been following the scriptures well. Giving money in church is not same as giving to God. what really matters is how much you give to the poor.
the church wastes a lot of money on expensive buildings and equipment, while many people in their area cant afford daily food. And nobody should give me that crap that the church building is the house of God.
Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

until you are able to assist those in need with a significant part of your income, you have not really keyed into the benefits of giving. That is what our master, Jesus would love us do. Not spending fortune on massive buildings, equipment, luxury vehicles and aircraft to give ourselves first class treatments everyday.

3 Likes

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by james2man: 10:49am On Nov 04, 2014
It is so obvious that this so called man of God and their churches now a days have made more enough wealth by misleading congregations to give their money all in the name of keeping food in the house of God(Tithe). The wealth they accumulate is more than enough to feed the congregations and spread the gospel. But instead they ventured into other businesses such as building university(using tithe money),private jet company(using tithe money) etc. All this business orientation is the aim and objectives of most comtemporary churches now. Isn't it so obvious that there is enough money on ground to spread the gospel by this new contemporary churches? But instead they keep asking for more, whenever they discovered congregations are being wise to stop paying tithe they always come with different tactics to keep exploiting the poor congregation so they can able to expand their business.
I hope that one day christians will wake up from their divine slumber.

jdilight:
CAN YOUR 10% OF YOUR INCREASE MAKE YOU POOR?

The simple minded don't ask questions, they swallow everything. And when they do ask, they ask the wrong question and are enslaved the more.

Can 10% of your increase make you poor?

I made a profit of 1000 naira, will giving God or my pastor 100 naira make me poor? What 900 naira can't do for me, will 100 naira do it for me? No, I made a profit of 10,000,000 naira. Will giving God 1,000,000 and taking 9,000,000 make me poor?

@ OP... There are so many ways you can make contributions to spread the gospel, getting a 10% (100 naira) from a congregations of 5,000 to 100,000 isn't a small money. You said the money is meant for keeping food in the house of God which only few of this congregation benefit from it when they encounter tribulations. Or are you saying this FOODS are meant for the pastors alone? Hence they can use the money to buy best luxury cars, purchase mansions in VGC and ventured into other businesses since the money is constantly coming... The truth about it is that this so called contemporary pastors aren't preaching the real Gospel of Salvation but laying more emphasis on TITHE, they are not bothered even if armed rubbers are bring the tithe or fraudsters all that matters is bring tithe so more money can be in the bank account of the church... Anyways let the MUGUS keep enriching their so call daddy G.O thinking that is an automatic ticket to HEAVEN.

If you like give all your 100% to your daddy G.O as TITHE and your lifestyle isn't depicting the Christlike. Your ways isn't pure in the sight of God. Your TITHE is wasted. Not all services render to God is accepted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by dein77(m): 10:50am On Nov 04, 2014
foxychev:
If anybody has been following the scriptures well. Giving money in church is not same as giving to God. what really matters is how much you give to the poor.
the church wastes a lot of money on expensive buildings and equipment, while many people in their area cant afford daily food. And nobody should give me that crap that the church building is the house of God.
Acts 17:24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;

until you are able to assist those in need with a significant part of your income, you have not really keyed into the benefits of giving. That is what our master, Jesus would love us do. Not spending fortune on massive buildings, equipment, luxury vehicles and aircraft to give ourselves first class treatments everyday.

Thank you. There's almost nothing to add. You nailed it!
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 04, 2014
daniwealth:

does it also means we shoudnt give offering in church,as well ,since we where never told to give offering in the new testaments.

You were never told in the Bible not to give offering.

Since you cant take the time out to read your own bible and would rather rely on a Pastor to tell you what not, I'll tell you where to find it.

First of all read Deut 16: 16 and then follow it up with 2 Corinth 9:7
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by openmine(m): 3:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
brocab:
Can't you read. Jesus never done away with his father's laws, Jesus fulfil the laws. Galatians 3:10-14. For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse:Curse is everyone who does not continue in all things which are written in the book of the law. {Do you yourself follow all the laws}? V's 11, But no-one is Justified by the law in the sight of god" For the just shall live by faith. V's 12, YET THE LAW IS NOT OF FAITH. V's 13, Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the LAW. V's 14, that the blessing of Abraham might come upon the Gentiles in Christ Jesus, that we might receive the promise of the spirit through FAITH. You surely don't read you bible, and Jesus came to fulfil the laws as its written. And if you study the bible yourself you will also see the changers in the laws. Think about it' the OT says if your son is stubborn and rebellious the parents have the rights to stone him to death. Would you do that? And if you committed adultery, You will be put to death, John 8:4-7 The scribes and Pharisees brought to him a woman caught in the very act of adultery V's 5, Now Moses in the Law commanded us that such should be stoned" V's 7, Jesus in the NT said: those who don't sin cast the first stone. In Matthew 5:17-18, Do not think that I came to destroy the law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to fulfil. Which means Jesus had made a better path for us to follow. Find the truth. it will set you free. And tithing was one of those old testament laws, Jesus had fulfilled.

do you understand what the word "fulfil" meant in the scripture matthew 5:17?

i suggest you check up the greek word for "fulfil"...but let me help you...the greek word for the word "fulfil" is teleó: which means to bring to an end , complete .... came to complete the law of moses in order to bring it to a conclusive end....
Romans 10:4 was clear about this...lets find out;

4 Christ ended the law so that everyone who believes in him is made right with God.

furthermore,Galatians 3:21-29 further affirms how christ "fulfilled" the law of moses by putting it to an end once he was revealed;
pay close attention to the bolded..
21 Does this mean that the law works against God’s promises? Of course not. The law was never God’s way of giving new life to people. If it were, then we could be made right with God by following the law. 22 But this is not possible. The Scriptures put the whole world in prison under the control of sin, so that the only way for people to get what God promised would be through faith in Jesus Christ. It is given to those who believe in him.

again focus on the bolded....
23 Before this faith came, the law held us as prisoners. We had no freedom until God showed us the way of faith that was coming. 24 I mean the law was the guardian in charge of us until Christ came. After he came, we could be made right with God through faith. 25 Now that the way of faith has come, we no longer need the LAW to be our GUARDIAN. (REALLY?? YES INDEED smiley )

26-27 You were all baptized into Christ, and so you were all clothed with Christ. This shows that you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 28 Now, in Christ, it doesn’t matter if you are a Jew or a Greek, a slave or free, male or female. You are all the same in Christ Jesus. 29 You belong to Christ, so you are Abraham’s descendants. You get all of God’s blessings because of the promise that God made to Abraham. Galatians 3:21-29

you might ask,if the laws of moses has been abolished,are we NOW free to commit adultery or to kill or to commit evil?
far from it?
Galatians 5:1-6 says
5 We have freedom now, because Christ made us free. So stand strong in that freedom. Don’t go back into slavery(under the law) again. 2 Listen! I, Paul, tell you that if you start following the law by being circumcised, then Christ cannot help you. 3 Again, I warn everyone: If you allow yourselves to be circumcised, then you must follow the whole law. 4 If you try to be made right with God through the law, your life with Christ is finished—you have left God’s grace. 5 I say this because our hope of being right with God comes through faith. And the Spirit helps us feel sure as we wait for that hope. 6 When someone belongs to Christ Jesus, it is not important if they are circumcised or not. The important thing is faith—the kind of faith that works through love.

Galatians 5:13-14 (Pay close attention to 14)
13 My brothers and sisters, God chose you to be free. But don’t use your freedom as an excuse to do what pleases your sinful selves. Instead, serve each other with love. 14 The whole law is made complete(fulfilled or brought to an end) in this ONE COMMAND: “Love your neighbor the same as you love yourself.”

So my question to you should be..who is your neighbor?

1 Like

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 1:04am On Nov 05, 2014
What is written on my page you don't understand? Is this still the tithing page? Anyway I will answer you-Plus you had forgotten the other meanings to the word fulfil, fulfilled, fulfilling, Achieve or realize [something desired, promised or predicted. Fulfil to bring into actuality effect-fulfilled their promise to carry out{ an "order" for example} To measure up to satisfy. You need to look at other meanings to the words, Taking it from one Greek word does not answer your demands. And "who" is my neighbour? My turn to write. You say: Christ ended the law, Teleo to an "end" complete.
Matthew's record of what is commonly called the sermon on the Mount.
These words of Jesus are recorded: Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfil them.
I tell you the truth, until Heaven and Earth past away, one jot or one title will no means pass away, from the law until everything is accomplished" Matthew 5:17-18.
It is frequently argued that if Jesus didn't "abolish" the Law, then it must still be binding. Accordingly, such components as the Sabbath-day requirement must be still operative still. Along will perhaps numerous other elements of the Mosaic Law. This assumption is grounded in a misunderstanding of the words and intent of this passage.
Christ did not suggest here that the binding nature of the Law of Moses would remain forever affect. Such a view would contradict everything we learn from the balance of the NT. {Romans 10:4; Galatians:3 23-25; Ephesians:2-15.
it is especially important note how the word is used in Matthew 5:17. In this counter "abolish" is set in opposition to fulfil. "Christ came".. Not to abolish, but to fulfil. Jesus did not come to the earth for the purpose of acting as an opponent of the law.
His goal was not to prevent its fulfilment. Rather he revered it, Loved it, obeyed it, and brought it to fruition, he fulfilled the laws, prophetic utterance regarding himself, Luke 24:44.
Christ fulfilled the demands of the Mosaic Law which called for perfect obedience under threat of a "curse" Galatians 3:10-13.
In this sense, the purpose for which it was given. If, however, the Law of Moses bears the same relationship to men today, interms of its binding status, then it was not fulfilled, and Jesus failed at' what he came to do. On the other hand, if the lord did accomplish his goal, then the law was fulfilled, and it is not a binding legal institution today.
Further; if the law of Moses was not fulfilled by Christ-and thus remains as a binding legal system for today-then it is not just partially, binding, rather, it is totally a compelling system. Jesus plainly said that one "jot or title" {representative of the smallest markings of the Hebrew script} would pass away until all was fulfilled.
Consequently, nothing of the Law was to fail until it had completely accomplished its purpose.
Jesus fulfilled the Law.
Jesus fulfilled all the Law.
We can not say that Jesus fulfilled the sacrificial system, but did not fulfil the other aspects of the Law.
Jesus either fulfilled all the law, or none of it.
What Jesus' death means for the sacrificial system, it also means for the other aspects of the Law.
openmine:

do you understand what the word "fulfil" meant in the scripture matthew 5:17?

i suggest you check up the greek word for "fulfil"...but let me help you...the greek word for the word "fulfil" is teleó: which means to bring to an end , complete .... came to complete the law of moses in order to bring it to a conclusive end....
Romans 10:4 was clear about this...lets find out;

4 Christ ended the law so that everyone who believes in him is made right with God.

furthermore,Galatians 3:21-29 further affirms how christ "fulfilled" the law of moses by putting it to an end once he was revealed;
pay close attention to the bolded..
21 Does this mean that the law works against God’s promises? Of course not. The law was never God’s way of giving new life to people. If it were, then we could be made right with God by following the law. 22 But this is not possible. The Scriptures put the whole world in prison under the control of sin, so that the only way for people to get what God promised would be through faith in Jesus Christ. It is given to those who believe in him.

again focus on the bolded....
23 Before this faith came, the law held us as prisoners. We had no freedom until God showed us the way of faith that was coming. 24 I mean the law was the guardian in charge of us until Christ came. After he came, we could be made right with God through faith. 25 Now that the way of faith has come, we no longer need the LAW to be our GUARDIAN. (REALLY?? YES INDEED smiley )

26-27 You were all baptized into Christ, and so you were all clothed with Christ. This shows that you are all children of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 28 Now, in Christ, it doesn’t matter if you are a Jew or a Greek, a slave or free, male or female. You are all the same in Christ Jesus. 29 You belong to Christ, so you are Abraham’s descendants. You get all of God’s blessings because of the promise that God made to Abraham. Galatians 3:21-29

you might ask,if the laws of moses has been abolished,are we NOW free to commit adultery or to kill or to commit evil?
far from it?
Galatians 5:1-6 says
5 We have freedom now, because Christ made us free. So stand strong in that freedom. Don’t go back into slavery(under the law) again. 2 Listen! I, Paul, tell you that if you start following the law by being circumcised, then Christ cannot help you. 3 Again, I warn everyone: If you allow yourselves to be circumcised, then you must follow the whole law. 4 If you try to be made right with God through the law, your life with Christ is finished—you have left God’s grace. 5 I say this because our hope of being right with God comes through faith. And the Spirit helps us feel sure as we wait for that hope. 6 When someone belongs to Christ Jesus, it is not important if they are circumcised or not. The important thing is faith—the kind of faith that works through love.

Galatians 5:13-14 (Pay close attention to 14)
13 My brothers and sisters, God chose you to be free. But don’t use your freedom as an excuse to do what pleases your sinful selves. Instead, serve each other with love. 14 The whole law is made complete(fulfilled or brought to an end) in this ONE COMMAND: “Love your neighbor the same as you love yourself.”

So my question to you should be..who is your neighbor?

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by openmine(m): 2:54pm On Nov 05, 2014
brocab:
What is written on my page you don't understand? Is this still the tithing page? Anyway I will answer you-Plus you had forgotten the other meanings to the word fulfil, fulfilled, fulfilling, Achieve or realize [something desired, promised or predicted. Fulfil to bring into actuality effect-fulfilled their promise to carry out{ an "order" for example} To measure up to satisfy. You need to look at other meanings to the words, Taking it from one Greek word does not answer your demands. And "who" is my neighbour? My turn to write. You say: Christ ended the law, Teleo to an "end" complete.
These words of Jesus are recorded: Do not think that I have come to abolish the law or the prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfil them.
I tell you the truth, until Heaven and Earth past away, one jot or one title will no means pass away, from the law until everything is accomplished" Matthew 5:17-18.
It is frequently argued that if Jesus didn't "abolish" the Law, then it must still be binding. Accordingly, such components as the Sabbath-day requirement must be still operative still. Along will perhaps numerous other elements of the Mosaic Law. This assumption is grounded in a misunderstanding of the words and intent of this passage.
Christ did not suggest here that the binding nature of the Law of Moses would remain forever affect. Such a view would contradict everything we learn from the balance of the NT. {Romans 10:4; Galatians:3 23-25; Ephesians:2-15.
it is especially important note how the word is used in Matthew 5:17. In this counter "abolish" is set in opposition to fulfil. "Christ came".. Not to abolish, but to fulfil. Jesus did not come to the earth for the purpose of acting as an opponent of the law.
His goal was not to prevent its fulfilment. Rather he revered it, Loved it, obeyed it, and brought it to fruition, he fulfilled the laws, prophetic utterance regarding himself, Luke 24:44.
Christ fulfilled the demands of the Mosaic Law which called for perfect obedience under threat of a "curse" Galatians 3:10-13.
In this sense, the purpose for which it was given. If, however, the Law of Moses bears the same relationship to men today, interms of its binding status, then it was not fulfilled, and Jesus failed at' what he came to do. On the other hand, if the lord did accomplish his goal, then the law was fulfilled, and it is not a binding legal institution today.
Further; if the law of Moses was not fulfilled by Christ-and thus remains as a binding legal system for today-then it is not just partially, binding, rather, it is totally a compelling system. Jesus plainly said that one "jot or title" {representative of the smallest markings of the Hebrew script} would pass away until all was fulfilled.
Consequently, nothing of the Law was to fail until it had completely accomplished its purpose.
Jesus fulfilled the Law.
Jesus fulfilled all the Law.
We can not say that Jesus fulfilled the sacrificial system, but did not fulfil the other aspects of the Law.
Jesus either fulfilled all the law, or none of it.
What Jesus' death means for the sacrificial system, it also means for the other aspects of the Law.

with all due respect,you are the one that obviously did not understand what you wrote
and by that failed to understand my own point of view...i will take your recent points one
after the other...
most of the meanings of vocabs in the bible are not the same as what is
found in your advanced dictionary...i mean to say that the writer or author of the bible,
using the word 'fulfilled' may have a different meaning from what
the dictionary says...take for instance,the tithe definition in
advanced dictionary is completely different from what is written in the
scriptures....

so the meaning of words in the scripture should be focused on the bible and not dictionary meaning.
i wud like you to go tru the hebrew meaning of 'fulfill' by using dis link;
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5487.htm

now you said i am deviating from the tithe discussion,in actual sense am
only trying to show you that since tithe was part of the laws of moses,
its stands abolished along with other laws that were made then...

i find out that ALMOST ALL of your writings were ARTICLES that were taken from the link below
http://www.gotquestions.org/abolish-fulfill-law.html...
(i just decided to pick some)

unfortunately or unintentionally,you 'ignored' this part in your writeup....

Of special significance in this study is the word rendered “abolish.” It translates the Greek term kataluo, literally meaning “to loosen down.” The word is found seventeen times in the New Testament. It is used, for example, of the destruction of the Jewish temple by the Romans (Matthew 26:61; 27:40; Acts 6:14), and of the dissolving of the human body at death (2 Corinthians 5:1). The term can carry the extended meaning of “to overthrow,” i.e., “to render vain, deprive of success.” In classical Greek, it was used in connection with institutions, LAWS , etc., to convey the idea of “TO INVALIDATE.”

i would suggest that you study more ARTICLES on how christ fulfilled or brought the law to an end like the bible said to get a wholistic view on this suject....
i will suggest and pray your study dese scriptures;
ephesians 2:14-15
colossians 2:6-23
1 timothy 1:8-11
galatians 3:2-5
galatians 3:10-13
galatians 3:21-25
galatians 4:4
hebrews 7:11-28
hebrews 8,9 and 10
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by openmine(m): 3:11pm On Nov 05, 2014
sorry pips...just had to paste this link about how christ fulfilled the laws of moses...
happy reading... smiley

What Does It Mean that Christ Fulfilled the Law?

Today’s big question: what does it mean that Christ fulfilled the Law?

To answer this question, we must first look at what is meant by “the Law” in this instance. Some would posit that Christ is referring to the Ten Commandments. Indeed, this often is the meaning of “the Law;” however, context gives us several reasons why that is not the case here.

The majority of Matthew 5 consists of Jesus referring to statements from the Law and then expounding on them. Yet only two such statements in the chapter are drawn from the Ten Commandments: “You shall not murder” (Matthew 5:21) and “You shall not commit adultery” (Matthew 5:27). The other topics Jesus covered—divorce, oaths, revenge, and hatred—are taken from elsewhere in the Old Testament.

Furthermore, the combination of “the Law” with “the Prophets” would seem to indicate that Christ is referring to the whole Old Testament. “The Law” would then refer to the Pentateuch—the first five books of the Bible, which were written by Moses. The same would be true in Luke 24:44, when Jesus told His disciples, “These are the words which I spoke to you while I was still with you, that all things must be fulfilled which were written in the Law of Moses and the Prophets and the Psalms concerning Me.”

So we see that Christ fulfilled the whole Old Testament. This manifests itself in several ways. In the most basic sense, it means Jesus fulfilled all of the prophecies concerning the first coming of the Messiah. The Gospels are filled with statements like, “that it might be fulfilled which was spoken by the prophet,” “just as it is written of Him,” “that the Scripture might be fulfilled,” and similar phrases (Matthew 13:35; Mark 14:21; Luke 18:31; John 17:12, and many others).

In a more specific sense, the fulfillment of the Law means that Christ completed the sacrificial system that became necessary because of sin. In the Old Testament, men lived under the condemnation of the Law. Sacrifices were needed to continually atone for their sins (Leviticus 4:35, 5:10). However, since Jesus gave Himself as the ultimate sacrifice, we are no longer condemned. “He himself is the atoning sacrifice for our sins, and not only for our sins but also for the whole world” (1 John 2:2, (NET)).

This is an awesome truth! God no longer requires continual sacrifices for sin, because Jesus has already atoned for all of our sins. Our lives should now be lived to please God out of thankfulness to Him for what He has already done. We are made free through Christ (Galatians 5:1).

https://answersingenesis.org/answers/biblical-authority-devotional/what-does-it-mean-that-christ-fulfilled-the-law/
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2014
First question I would like to ask you, are you a JW? Second question is yours: Like myself" those who study-seek the word of God, and will always find other resources to study, new and old findings of bible meanings. Same as you-What is your argument? Are you trying to be my teacher? This sounds like a war, are you trying to prove to yourself, you are the better person for the job. And if we are to focus on the bible and not the dictionary, then why are you using Greek words. "Teleo" meaning from dictionary, Definitional to bring to a close, passed, finished, to perform, execute, complete, Fulfil. Now "Vocab" Definitional productive and receptive, degree, depth of knowledge, reading, listening, speaking, writing, again from a dictionary. "Kataluo" The NAS NT Greek lexicon, Definitional destroy, demolish, other translated words found in a dictionary from bible study tools? So that shows your information is also from other sources, not your own. You say "one' cant use the dictionary, but you have used the dictionary, and other sources from other links? Sounds "hypocritical." Of course, their are different ways of meanings, in words found. but no-one told me" this was suppose to be a competition. When we read different bibles, we find words that don't follow up with others-but all in sound, people buy bibles and bible dictionaries and other, so one can understand.
Your last page said:
{Christ "ended the law" so that everyone who believes in him is made right with God} "Teleo" to an end- complete, other words, finished no more. The KJV-Romans 10:4 Christ is the end of the law, and Christ fulfilled and ended some old testament laws.
Matthew 5:17 Do "Not" think that I come here to destroy the law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to "Fulfil". he fulfilled it. If the law had ended, continued in Matthew 5:19, whoever therefore breaks one of these commandments, and teaches men so, shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven; but whoever does and teaches them,{Commandments} he shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven. V's 21, You have heard that it is said to those of "Old" You shall not murder. ever who murders will be in danger of judgement. V's 22 whoever is angry at his brother, calling him "Raca" or "you fool" shall be in danger of Hell fire. V's 25 Agree with your adversary quickly, lest your adversary deliver you up to the judge, the judge then hand you over to the officer and put you in prison. V's 27, You have heard that those of old shall not commit adultery, but Jesus says: whoever looks at a woman to lust after her has committed adultery. In the old testament people were put to death, Jesus came not to destroy but to fulfil the laws, but now with these crimes people won't be put to death, so this shows Jesus never "Teleo" all the laws. we now live under Grace. As to {"Teleo sounds"} then there will be no sin, but since sin is still in place, there's a law. Romans 3: Jesus came to fulfil all the laws. As written. Your argument is with "Jesus." Tell him he's wrong. Galatians 3:2 Have "you" received the spirit from the law, and not by faith? You don"t need to show me anything about the tithing laws. I give' but don't tithe.
openmine:

with all due respect,you are the one that obviously did not understand what you wrote
and by that failed to understand my own point of view...i will take your recent points one
after the other...
most of the meanings of vocabs in the bible are not the same as what is
found in your advanced dictionary...i mean to say that the writer or author of the bible,
using the word 'fulfilled' may have a different meaning from what
the dictionary says...take for instance,the tithe definition in
advanced dictionary is completely different from what is written in the
scriptures....

so the meaning of words in the scripture should be focused on the bible and not dictionary meaning.
i wud like you to go tru the hebrew meaning of 'fulfill' by using dis link;
http://biblehub.com/hebrew/5487.htm

now you said i am deviating from the tithe discussion,in actual sense am
only trying to show you that since tithe was part of the laws of moses,
its stands abolished along with other laws that were made then...

i find out that ALMOST ALL of your writings were ARTICLES that were taken from the link below
http://www.gotquestions.org/abolish-fulfill-law.html...
(i just decided to pick some)

unfortunately or unintentionally,you 'ignored' this part in your writeup....

Of special significance in this study is the word rendered “abolish.” It translates the Greek term kataluo, literally meaning “to loosen down.” The word is found seventeen times in the New Testament. It is used, for example, of the destruction of the Jewish temple by the Romans (Matthew 26:61; 27:40; Acts 6:14), and of the dissolving of the human body at death (2 Corinthians 5:1). The term can carry the extended meaning of “to overthrow,” i.e., “to render vain, deprive of success.” In classical Greek, it was used in connection with institutions, LAWS , etc., to convey the idea of “TO INVALIDATE.”

i would suggest that you study more ARTICLES on how christ fulfilled or brought the law to an end like the bible said to get a wholistic view on this suject....
i will suggest and pray your study dese scriptures;
ephesians 2:14-15
colossians 2:6-23
1 timothy 1:8-11
galatians 3:2-5
galatians 3:10-13
galatians 3:21-25
galatians 4:4
hebrews 7:11-28
hebrews 8,9 and 10

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 9:26pm On Nov 05, 2014
openmine:
sorry pips...just had to paste this link about how christ fulfilled the laws of moses...
happy reading... smiley

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by openmine(m): 10:46pm On Nov 05, 2014
brocab:
First question I would like to ask you, are you a JW? Second question is yours: Like myself" those who study-seek the word of God, and will always find other resources to study, new and old findings of bible meanings. Same as you-What is your argument? Are you trying to be my teacher? This sounds like a war, are you trying to prove to yourself, you are the better person for the job. And if we are to focus on the bible and not the dictionary, then why are you using Greek words. "Teleo" meaning from dictionary, Definitional to bring to a close, passed, finished, to perform, execute, complete, Fulfil. Now "Vocab" Definitional productive and receptive, degree, depth of knowledge, reading, listening, speaking, writing, again from a dictionary. "Kataluo" The NAS NT Greek lexicon, Definitional destroy, demolish, other translated words found in a dictionary from bible study tools? So that shows your information is also from other sources, not your own. You say "one' cant use the dictionary, but you have used the dictionary, and other sources from other links? Sounds "hypocritical." Of course, their are different ways of meanings, in words found. but no-one told me" this was suppose to be a competition. When we read different bibles, we find words that don't follow up with others-but all in sound, people buy bibles and bible dictionaries and other, so one can understand.
Your last page said:
{Christ "ended the law" so that everyone who believes in him is made right with God} "Teleo" to an end- complete, other words, finished no more. Which law?
He didn't end the law.
Matthew 5:17 Do "Not" think that I come here to destroy the law or the Prophets. I did not come to destroy but to "Fulfil". he fulfilled it. If the law had ended, as {"Teleo sounds"} then there will be no sin, but since sin is still in place, there's a law. Jesus came to fulfil all the laws. As written. Your argument is with "Jesus." Tell him he's wrong. Galatians 3:2 Have "you" received the spirit from the law, and not by faith? You don"t need to show me anything about the tithing laws. I give' but don't tithe.
Amazing!!! cheesy
its obvious you didnt bother reading the scriptures i provided for you....
it simply means you are not willing or ready to learn or communicate..

you said i used other sources apart from the bible to find out the meaning of 'fulfilled'...
if you really read my post you quoted,you would have seen the hebrew word and link for 'fulfilled' which i provided for you...
i hope you are aware the scriptures were initially in hebrew words before it was interpreted in english or other translations...

you asked if am a JW.....am not a JW, i am a son of God...i am a co-heir of God's inheritance...denominations are not my thing...may be they are for you... cool

And one more thing,you said am in a competition with you...hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin.....that sound too LOW my brother.....if you look through my posts especially the ones you quoted,there has been absolutely NO instances where i made it look like am competing with you....what for?
are we going to win a nairaland price?? grin grin grin
or will there be a statue made for the best debater on nairaland?? cheesy

we are all here to learn,that why i did my best to provide scriptures as evidence that christ ended the law...
if you think otherwise,the scripture Romans 14:5-9 provides the answer...

5 Some people might believe that one day is more important than another. And others might believe that every day is the same. Everyone should be sure about their beliefs in their own mind. 6 Those who think one day is more important than other days are doing that for the Lord. And those who eat all kinds of food are doing that for the Lord. Yes, they give thanks to God for that food. And those who refuse to eat some foods do that for the Lord. They also give thanks to God.

7 We don’t live or die just for ourselves. 8 If we live, we are living for the Lord. And if we die, we are dying for the Lord. So living or dying, we belong to the Lord. 9 That is why Christ died and rose from death to live again—so that he could be Lord over those who have died and those who are living.
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by openmine(m): 10:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
brocab:
guy you are too funny.... grin grin grin grin grin grin....keep getting confused grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 11:08pm On Nov 05, 2014
Actually I didn't finish writing my page, you got the page un finished
openmine:

Amazing!!! cheesy

you said i used other sources apart from the bible to find out the meaning of 'fulfilled'...
if you really read my post you quoted,you would have seen the hebrew word and link for 'fulfilled' which i provided for you...
i hope you are aware the scriptures were initially in hebrew words before it was interpreted in english or other translations...

you asked if am a JW.....am not a JW, i am a son of God...i am a co-heir of God's inheritance...denominations are not my thing...may be they are for you... cool

And one more thing,you said am in a competition with you...hahahahahahahahaha grin grin grin grin grin.....that sound too LOW my brother.....if you look through my posts especially the ones you quoted,there has been absolutely NO instances where i made it look like am competing with you....what for?

we are all here to learn,that why i did my best to provide scriptures as evidence that christ ended the law...

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by openmine(m): 11:21pm On Nov 05, 2014
brocab:
Actually I didn't finish writing my page, you got the page un finished
ok i just finished reading ur concluded post which i quoted...
jesus was never wrong because he actually came to 'fulfill' the laws of moses which he did by completing the sacrificial system that became necessary because of sin. In the Old Testament, men lived under the condemnation of the Law. Sacrifices were needed to continually atone for their sins (Leviticus 4:35, 5:10). However, since Jesus gave Himself as the ultimate sacrifice, we are no longer condemned same for other laws...
in essence,i mean the coming of Christ virtually everything has changed:

The blood sacrifices ceased because Christ fulfilled all that they were pointing toward. He was the final, unrepeatable sacrifice for sins. Hebrews 9:12: “He entered once for all into the holy places, not by means of the blood of goats and calves but by means of his own blood, thus securing an eternal redemption.”

The priesthood that stood between worshipper and God has ceased. Hebrews 7:23-24: “The former priests were many in number, because they were prevented by death from continuing in office, but he holds his priesthood permanently, because he continues forever.”
The physical temple has ceased to be the geographic center of worship. Now Christ himself is the center of worship. He is the “place,” the “tent,” and the “temple” where we meet God. Therefore Christianity has not geographic center, no Mecca, no Jerusalem. John 4:21-23: “Jesus said to her, ‘Woman, believe me, the hour is coming when neither on this mountain nor in Jerusalem will you worship the Father. . . . But the hour is coming, and is now here, when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth.’” John 2:19-21: “Destroy this temple, and in three days I will raise it up. . . . He was speaking about the temple of his body.” Matthew 18:20: “For where two or three are gathered in my name, there am I among them.”

The food laws that set Israel apart from the nations have been fulfilled and ended in Christ. Mark 7:18-19: “[Jesus] said to them, ‘Do you not see that whatever goes into a person from outside cannot defile him . . . (Thus he declared all foods clean).’”

The establishment of civil law on the basis of an ethnically rooted people, who are ruled directly by God, has ceased. The people of God are no longer a unified political body or an ethnic group or a nation-state, but are exiles and sojourners among all ethnic groups and all states. Therefore, God’s will for states is not taken directly from the Old Testament theocratic order, but should now be reestablished from place to place and from time to time by means that correspond to God’s sovereign rule over all peoples, and that correspond to the fact that genuine obedience, rooted as it is in faith in Christ, cannot be coerced by law. The state is therefore grounded in God, but not expressive of God’s immediate rule. Romans 13:1, “Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and those that exist have been instituted by God.” John 18:36: “My kingdom is not of this world. If my kingdom were of this world, my servants would have been fighting.”

finally,if i had known your position on tithe before now,we wouldnt have had this argument....
but since you said YOU GIVE BUT DON'T TITHE ,i'll say FAIR ENOUGH
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 11:47pm On Nov 05, 2014
-Sounds more like you are full of pride. Not from any denomination, Maybe over religious, that you feel you don't need any input from any other resources, Like you said you are a son of God. So one reading and studying the bible don't make himself a old Jewish solar. You can win as much as you can on Nairaland price? if you felt you want to teach me anything, just ask" but with your pages its more like you are in some kind of your own competition. if you read my last page I had finished, you will find I had pretty much answered and given you answers to you questions. But if you still aren't satisfied, only God can help you.
openmine:

Amazing!!! cheesy

Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by brocab: 11:56pm On Nov 05, 2014
quoted...
jesus was never wrong because he actually came to 'fulfill' the laws of moses which he did by completing the sacrificial system that became necessary because of sin. In the Old Testament, men lived under the condemnation of the Law. Sacrifices were needed to continually atone for their sins (Leviticus 4:35, 5:10). However, since Jesus gave Himself as the ultimate sacrifice, we are no longer condemned same for other laws...

finally,if i had known your position on tithe before now,we wouldnt have had this argument....
but since you said YOU GIVE BUT DON'T TITHE ,i'll say FAIR ENOUGH

[/quote]
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by openmine(m): 12:04am On Nov 06, 2014
brocab:
-Sounds more like you are full of pride. Not from any denomination, Maybe over religious, that you feel you don't need any input from any other resources, Like you said you are a son of God. So one reading and studying the bible don't make himself a old Jewish solar. You can win as much as you can on Nairaland price? if you felt you want to teach me anything, just ask" but with your pages its more like you are in some kind of your own competition. if you read my last page I had finished, you will find I had pretty much answered and given you answers to you questions. But if you still aren't satisfied, only God can help you.
@brocab... grin grin grin grin..u make me laugh so hard...that i wonder if you really read anything i wrote...
if you in any way dont understand what i wrote,i guess the most obvious and noble thing to have done would have been to simply inquire what i meant by 'denomination not being my thing' rather than speculating...

yes i belong to a denomination but will that make me a better christian or take me to heaven? absolutely not....so if i say am a son of God,i know what am saying and its left for you to ask instead of second guessing or assuming... undecided

hahahaahahaa....i aint no jewish scholar bro grin grin grin grin...i have never and will never claim knowledge of everything...i keep learning everyday...thats what makes me a better christian....

i have read your concluded post and i made an admission that if i had known that you were not in support of the tithe,we wouldnt have had this argument....

@brocab,i repeat i am not in any competition with you or any other person in this thread......feel free to write what ever you want or put up as much link as you like...we are all here to learn and know better... NO COMPETITION I BEG YOU OHHH grin grin grin grin
Re: Understanding The Concept of Tithing by openmine(m): 12:09am On Nov 06, 2014
brocab:
So now you agree? you were in argument. I kind of figured you were talking on tithing. I never said once in my pages I had tithed. I too was showing truth by the lord. read my pages.
i think you are at fault not to have declared your position before now and your previous post showed that your were in support of tithes....
and according to you,didnt finish your post...so how can i know if you have finished post or not....
like i said before,since we are in agreement on the issue of GIVING,i said FAIR ENOUGH... smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman: "Buying A 3rd Jet Doesn't Mean Owning 3 Jets" / Residents Worship In Their Burnt Church After Plateau Massacre. Photos / Salvation Ministries Private Jet Was Photoshopped - Facebook User

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 224
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.