Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,681 members, 7,809,578 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:32 AM

Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States (9639 Views)

Latest Ranking Of States By Financial Sustainability, Debt And IGR (PICS) / Throwback Pic Of Buhari When He Was Decorated As A Major General. / General Buhari When He Was Oga To Abacha(picture) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by RagaMufeen(m): 4:43pm On Oct 28, 2014
successking401:
seconded

Abi o, even gbawe could not explain the masacre buhari did when he was head of state.

PLEASE NO DERAIL, JUST ANSA THE QUESTION and then we can talk.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by agabusta: 4:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
Buhari is getting our votes! Stop wasting your time and efforts demonising the man. His integrity level if far above 90% of the politicians we have in this country.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by PointB: 4:56pm On Oct 28, 2014
crowniran:
Let's Discuss Yoruba At The Hands Of Buhari, We'll
DIscuss GEJ Later...
Yoruba Victims Of Buhari's Tyrannical Reign.
Now, the leaders of the opposition Party thinks he can sell
Yorubas to this unrepentant tyrant who refuses till today
to apologize to the Yorubas for nearly wiping out all their
leaders?
Victim 1 - Pa Awolowo had his house ransacked, passport
seized he could not go abroad for medical treatment. His
home in Ikenne was also surrounded by soldiers.
Victim 2 - Pa Adekunle Ajasin, former Gov, Ondo State.
Arrested, sentenced to over 100 years. Pa Ajasin is known
not to have spent one kobo of his security vote and had
only one house to his name in his native Owo till his
death.
Victim 3 - Pa Lateef Jakande, former Gov, Lagos State.
Same as Pa Ajasin. Tried in kangaroo Court and sentenced
to over 100 years imprisonment.
Victim 4 - Cicero, Bola Ige. former Gov, Oyo State.
Sentenced to over 100 years on corruption charges.
Victim 5 - Papa Bisi Onabanjo former Gov, Ogun State.
Jailed for over 100 years. Pa Onabanjo was whisked away
from hospital where he was receiving treatment straight to
prison on Buhari's instructions.
Do note that all the governors were found not guilty by
Courts who tried them however Buhari demanded many
retrials until a guilty verdict was reached for all of them by
the Courts.
Victim 6 - Bisi Akande, former Gove. Jailed on corruption
charges. Now, Akande and Buhari are together in the APC.
Is Akande no longer corrupt, Buhari?
Victim 7 - Fela Anikulapo Kuti. Fela received 10 years for
being vocal against Buhari's regime. Buhari said then, he
has resolved to deal with the "fela problem"
Victim 8 - Ooni of Ife. Seized his passport and prevented
him from travelling abroad.
Victim 9 - Tunde Thompson. Journalist jailed for reporting
against government.
Victim 10 - Tai Solarin. Jailed for speaking against the
govt. Ironically, what Solarin said/wrote then and was
jailed for by Buhari's regime is nothing compared to
things Buhari says against the present government.
Victim 11 - Ayo Ojewunmi became blind in jail after Buhari
blatantly refused to release him to get medical attention.
He died soon after he was eventually released
Victim 12 - Busari Adelakun suffered same fate as
Ojewunmi. His ailment though was ulcer which killed him.
Victim 13 - The many many Yoruba youth slaughtered in
the north in 2011 because Buhari lost the election. Buhari
could have curbed the violence but waited for days before
public opinion forced him to make a statement on radio
condemning the violence.
He has prepared us now for 2015 by saying "their dogs
and baboons will be soaked in blood" if he does not win
the election in 2015.

The barbarism of Buhari is of legendary proportion; only those intrinsically selfish, and seeking to enthrone myopic ethnic agenda will ever vote for this bigoted, old and fanatical ex-dictator.

Only suckers will pin their hopes on an old, archaic, clueless serial loser! But the good news is that, they will continue to LOSE!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by johnmartus(m): 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2014
your allegations is baseless and vague all this men you listed below they have died those alive cannot go to poll to cast vote which means all their challenges in the past have Notting to do with this generation because futures is important
apc forward ever
apc backward ever
apc change federal
apc sai buahri

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by zlatansomto(m): 4:59pm On Oct 28, 2014
General Buhari really dealt with Yo-robber leaders both past and present.. And the coward nation at large.. Its really a pity.. I feel for the oily ones sad

7 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by PointB: 5:04pm On Oct 28, 2014
johnmartus:
your allegations is baseless and vague all this men you listed below they have died those alive cannot go to poll to cast vote which means all their challenges in the past have Notting to do with this generation because futures is important
apc forward ever[b]
apc backward ever
apc change federal
apc sai buahri

hehehehe

Backward ever, yeah! cheesy cheesy cheesy

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by eye4eye: 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
RagaMufeen:

exposing buhari dey pain you? friend please G and D, you know what that mean abi.

Start shitting in your pant because when Buhari becomes the president next year, your entire family will be dealt with if they continue their criminal activities.

Bunch of hopeless criminals.

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by danderson(f): 5:13pm On Oct 28, 2014
O Tai Solarin.

Your spirit will contnue to hunt Buhari.

Just a little while, he will join all your folks he caused to die injustly and there remember to take ur own pound of flesh.

Adieu mentor!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by Nobody: 5:18pm On Oct 28, 2014
RagaMufeen:
were are d ibo people who claim yoruba, please come and explain your employer men, he's in trouble here.
cc:berem,ngenekenu,obiageli,bacanista
the yorubas have moved on with their lives and are more sophisticated politically while people like you are still living in bitterness and frustration thereby lagging behind politically.

I speak as someone who claim to be Yoruba. I hope you have gotten the reply you want.

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by tit(f): 5:19pm On Oct 28, 2014
eye4eye:

Start shitting in your pant because when Buhari becomes the president next year, your entire family will be dealt with if they continue their criminal activities.

Bunch of hopeless criminals.

we do not want to be dealt with the way boko haram and fulani headsmen are dealing with northern minorities!
are you people not never tired of shedding blood?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by eye4eye: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2014
[s]
tit:

we do not want to be dealt with the way boko haram and fulani headsmen are dealing with northern minorities!
are you people not never tired of shedding blood?
[/s]

Rubbish! GEJ has the power to stop blood shedding but he seems love it to continue for political gain.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by zlatansomto(m): 5:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
berem:
the yorubas have moved on with their lives and are more sophisticated politically while people like you are still living in bitterness and frustration thereby lagging behind politically.

I speak as someone who claim to be Yoruba . I hope you have gotten the reply you want.
Lool, coming from the ugliest woman alive!! Ah believe you die.. That's one thing you yorubas have in common grin grin

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by Nobody: 5:26pm On Oct 28, 2014
zlatansomto:
Lool, coming from the ugliest woman alive!! Ah believe you die.. That's one thing you yorubas have in common grin grin
ok
Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by VAQAXY: 5:28pm On Oct 28, 2014
cheesy

zlatansomto:

9 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by Nobody: 6:20pm On Oct 28, 2014
hausa-fulanis been fvcking myopic yorubas since 00 BC.
i dey laff yaruba people oo grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 28, 2014
i wanna urge people in the north especially yorubas to be cautious and wary.
i smell blood bath in 2015 just like 2011 when yarubas and other southerners were killed like ram and chicken by buhari boys

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by ebankole1(m): 6:32pm On Oct 28, 2014
What's these noise all about?
Anyways the Op got it wrong as there is a clear different between yoruba nation/people as a whole &those names listed by the Op.So i see no reason why yoruba as a tribe shouldn't vote in Buhari"
Atleast,iTs better than 5million Y1bo's who died in the name of fighting for liberty.
So,lets all relax.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by Fire15: 6:33pm On Oct 28, 2014
chrismmm:
Only a bastard yoruba person wil vote him , kill him!
You're the bastard, cos am gonna vote for him. Where these Yoruba people not tried in the tribunal sat over by judges. Infact, I can remember that Chief Gani fawehinmi, may his soul in peace. Was fully in support of these trials.
Then, corruption was in its infantile stage, they diverted monies to fund their political parties,and I remember Kano Gov. bakin Zuwo, defending himself, that Government money was found in Government house, as defense to helping himself to tax payer's money.
Now, we have corruption on industrial scale. The only way out, is going the Chinese way.

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by ebankole1(m): 6:37pm On Oct 28, 2014
rafhell:
hausa-fulanis been fvcking myopic yorubas since 00 BC.
i dey laff yaruba people oo grin grin grin grin
I'd rather those listed yoruba names by the Op went through such experience than have 5million of my tribe.
As in,i mean,A whole 5million slaughtered like a chiken.
Don't u think?compare ke

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by LouisVanGaal(m): 6:38pm On Oct 28, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]@OP; what's the morale behind these thread?? It's now public knowledge that the PDP and their saTANic goons are the one's trying to create rift along ethnic and religious line in the country. During the civil war, wasn't OBJ not the head of lagos garrison that was terrorising the biafrans; did it stop the South Easterners from voting for him?? #GEJ must go back to the creek next year!

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by raumdeuter: 6:44pm On Oct 28, 2014
OP thank you for the information.

So you basically told us Buhari tried and jailed corrupt leaders, Something Jonathan doesn't have the balls to do

Thank you so much. For that reason I am going to convince 10 more ppl to vote Buhari

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by BOAR: 6:59pm On Oct 28, 2014
Ibos are afraid of a Buhari Presidency,

Buhari Presidency will go hard on criminals,

Ibos are mostly criminals both home and abroad.

Fill the puzzle.

6 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by waxingmoon: 7:00pm On Oct 28, 2014
raumdeuter:
OP thank you for the information.

So you basically told us Buhari tried and jailed corrupt leaders, Something Jonathan doesn't have the balls to do

Thank you so much. For that reason I am going to convince 10 more ppl to vote Buhari
Seconded.
In addition ,Tunde Idiagbon was also dealing with the corrupt northern politicians.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by LogicPower(m): 8:29pm On Oct 28, 2014
Gbawe:

Thank you. I laugh when I see these desperate efforts at pathetic scaremongering obviously aimed at frightening the pivotal SW from voting Buhari. I will advise OP and his ilk to stop wasting their own time. The Yorubas, when election is free and fair, will not tolerate or indulge misrule. We only need to look at the decimation of the PDP in the SW in 2011, where even the daughter of former President OBJ could not win the ward outside her father's house, to know that the folks of the SW will always reject misrulers.

Jonathan is no longer the "boy with no shoes" or "fresh air". Nigerians have seen him in action over 5 years to know he is hideously corrupt,highly inept and a divisive misruler. He has no goodwill left in the SW because he has failed Nigeria monumentally and also encouraged his minions (Dokubo Asari et al) to wage an abusive ethnic war of attrition against the Yorubas. I can't speak for others but I know the Yorubas will not abide with GEJ to then give him 4 more years. OP and others should find better things to do with their time.

Excellent points, as always!

There were dozens of former governors, ministers, business people of Muslim Hausa-Fulani origin who were similarly jailed by the Buhari regime. Just a few examples:

1. Umar Dikko, a Muslim Hausa Fulani scion and arguably the most influential northern politician at the time, was unprecedentedly pursued up to his UK hiding place, abducted by the Nigerian security agents, bundled and literally 'boxed' and almost got smuggled back to Nigeria - to account for his alleged corruption during the Shagari regime.

2. Isyaku Rabiu, arguably one of the richest ever Hausa Fulani businessmen, and one of the most highly respected Islamic scholars as well (he is indeed one of the leading Tijaniyya Sheikhs in West Africa), was not only thrown to jail at the time but even got one of his legs reportedly broken by the security agents in the process of his arrest, probably after his hundreds of supported tried to prevent him from being arrested.

3. Another super-rich northern businessman in Kaduna, late A Haruna Dan-ja, also a Muslim Hausa Fulani, was equally arrested and thrown into jail (both Sheikh Isyaku Rabiu and Danja were allegedly implicated in corrupt practices that were considered harmful to the national economy, such as misuse of import licences, hoarding of essential commodities, etc.).

4. Late Sabo Bakin Zuwa, a former governor of Kano state, was sentenced to 300 years in jail WITH HARD LABOUR by a Kaduna military tribunal, after which he was rumoured to have 'begged' the tribunal for more years, saying that 'mere 300 years' were not enough! LOL

5. A prominent businessman of Katsina origin, a Hausa-Fulani Muslim, who had been allegedly aiding and abetting cross-border smuggling between Nigeria and Niger for many years prior to the coming of the Buhari regime, and who was so well connected in the country, had to hide in the ceiling of his house when security agents swooped his home in the dead hours of the night; they evacuated all his family members and spent hours looking for him. He eventually had to run to the Republic of Niger where he took refuge!

6. A very influential former ambassador of Kaduna state origin, a Hausa Muslim, is STILL living in the capital of a Western country, apparently too traumatized and frightened to return to Nigeria, having been implicated in a massive corruption case back then.

Like in the cases of Southern politicians, almost all of the northern Hausa-Fulani politicians jailed during Buhari regime were NEVER FREED until AFTER the Buhari regime was overthrown. The fugitives among them also never returned until after the overthrow of the Buhari's government (a few never returned to date!). Whoever is old, enlightened and honest enough should know all this, as it was very much a public knowledge.

In fact, immediately after the ouster of the Buhari regime, hundreds of friends, relatives and business associates of Sheikh Isyaku Rabiu trooped to his Kano residence and started frenzied celebrations and special prayers in anticipation of the release of their billionaire Sheikh.

What many people in the South do not seem to know is the fact that the corrupt among the Hausa Fulani Muslim elite hate and fear a Buhari government as much as the Christian bigots and tribalists would hate it, but for different reasons. While the latter group hate Buhari for nothing other than sheer religious bigotry and incurable tribalism, the former fear the general because they know very well that it would never be business as usual for them under a Buhari-led government - being a Muslim and a Hausa-Fulani would NOT shield anyone of them from being held accountable!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by AJOT99(m): 8:37pm On Oct 28, 2014
Based on this post, I enjoin GMB to join Nairaland and comment

grin grin grin
Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by Chigold101(m): 8:45pm On Oct 28, 2014
Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by Chigold101(m): 8:48pm On Oct 28, 2014
omenka:
Same overused ethnic trash. Typical of JonaTANians and saTANic ambassadors.

Jonathan is going down whether you guys like it or not.
it is over used whatever u call it. Buhari put a chief excutive (shagari) in house arest and jailed (ekwueme) someone who court said did nothing.

Take it or leave it; if GEJ willgo down,it wont be cos of GMB. Even elements are all working against GMB. HE CAN ONLY GO TO ASO ROCK ON A VISIT.HE WILL NEVER LIVE IN ASO VILA

5 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by Collynzo29: 8:51pm On Oct 28, 2014
Yorubas are very much used to being beaten and trampled upon by every government in power, from Buhari to Babangida to Abacha so I don't think this will change anything.
However, I never knew that their god Awolowo wasn't left out, could this have contributed to his suicide?

10 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by xtervaganza(m): 9:10pm On Oct 28, 2014
omenka:
Same overused ethnic trash. Typical of JonaTANians and saTANic ambassadors.

Jonathan is going down whether you guys like it or not.
why not prove the op wrong with facts

1 Like

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by Nobody: 9:11pm On Oct 28, 2014
OP u av tried. Now tell us what he did to the Igbos. Or are u not worried about ur people?
Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by Descartes: 9:16pm On Oct 28, 2014
Imagine a corrupt-ridden Akande in the same Janjàweed party with "saint" Buhari grin grin cheesy

8 Likes

Re: Yoruba In The Hands Of Gen Buhari When He Was The Head Of States by Descartes: 9:17pm On Oct 28, 2014
This post is ridden with raw facts!!! cheesy grin cheesy

And the funniest thing is that their jail terms werein benchmark of 100 years shocked shocked shocked

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Photos Of The State Of Anambra Roads Constructed By Peter Obi / Ogunlewe: Asking Osinbajo Not To Contest Because Of Tinubu Is Undemocratic / 13yr Old Nancy Lost Her Parents & Siblings In Madalla Blast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.