Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,184 members, 7,822,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

It Will Come To You - Literature (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It Will Come To You (15239 Views)

On March 21st 2015 – Words Will Come Alive At #wordupvol9 / When The Queen Is Ready, The King Will Come. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:20pm On Dec 10, 2014
Chapter 15

It was a lovely day. The sun was clothed in all its glory as more people made their way towards the newly completed house.

A small group of friends and close family members was what Dennis told her but it was a mammoth crowd that gathered around the property. Dennis was beaming from ear to ear while Ulo watched from a corner occasionally whispering to Dorcas.

It was the 'house opening ceremony' and she was strongly against this party. Dennis had laughed after she gave him several reasons why it should not take place.

He concluded by saying ''I am still not convinced my wife. Everything in this life is compromise. Let us invite just friends and close family members. At least you had your way with the job issue.''

When he made this sentence, he put his thumb and index finger together to emphasize how small this ceremony would be. However, Ulo had since lost count of the people under the huge canopy inside the house, excluding those outside.

The members of the live band were singing and jumping around. The lead singer was an elderly man who was swinging around the improvised stage. His back up dancers were sweating profusely and belting out a loud chorus. It seemed like a scene from a street carnival.
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:22pm On Dec 10, 2014
w
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:23pm On Dec 10, 2014
s
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:24pm On Dec 10, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:26pm On Dec 10, 2014
THE END
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:27pm On Dec 10, 2014
This is a work of fiction. I don’t know of a woman who went through all Ulo's travails. However there are certain parts of this story that are true. I have taken a bit of those true experiences and mixed it up with my imagination to produce this work.

Thanks for sticking around. I'd be starting a new story in some days time. Watch this space.

2 Likes

Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 9:31pm On Dec 10, 2014
ehm touchmender story don finish for here? kai, u are good i must say. so dennis just accepted the babies as his na wa o! thanks for the story. as if i was following you for back. may ink to ur pen and creative fuel to ur mind. sweet dreams wink

cant wait for ur new story still following as usual. Merci.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by gal10(f): 9:56pm On Dec 10, 2014
cry cry cryplease don't go...i loved this Touchmeder...ehugs n kisses to u dear...

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by teamplayey: 10:28pm On Dec 10, 2014
Wonderful, Touchmeder!
Thanks very much. I so appreciate.
Chop nairalander-kiss; Lol
OneLove

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Debbysky(f): 10:44pm On Dec 10, 2014
Weldone touch, i love dis story.. Thanks so much..

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Olaitan3784(f): 11:11pm On Dec 10, 2014
Kudos to u touchmedar,lovely piece.Kudos to u touchmedar,lovely piece.Kudos to u touchmedar,lovely piece.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Plaitex(f): 12:08am On Dec 11, 2014
can't believe this story is finished. Thanks for entertaining us. Patiently waiting for the next story

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 8:47am On Dec 11, 2014
gal10:
cry cry cryplease don't go...i loved this Touchmeder...ehugs n kisses to u dear...
LOL m right ere. Thanks 4d support gal10
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 8:56am On Dec 11, 2014
Plaitex:
can't believe this story is finished. Thanks for entertaining us. Patiently waiting for the next story
I know but what more is there to tell? I'd like to think this story will get people thinking @d end. Ulo like most Nigerian women will not go anywhere. But @d end she secures herself by keeping dennis lab result (in case of incasity) LOL. Dennis knows his wife cheated. He knows the kids are not his biological children; he knows he can't have his own but he will never admit it. They both know what the other knows but they continue with their marriage of convenience.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Timothy3113(m): 9:00am On Dec 11, 2014
It has been long, i comment but my sista, u are a boooo.
More cell's to your brain.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by stuff46(m): 4:56pm On Dec 11, 2014
at last you are at the end.
I never saw it coming
I have been a follower for long and love the piece.
maybe you should have made it longer for demis to confess about his impotency. and the other guy would know about his children.
but all thrsame nice work and I enjoyed every bit of it.
though typos were involved, you did great.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Nimk(f): 7:33pm On Dec 11, 2014
nice one

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by SusannaJohnson(f): 9:14am On Dec 12, 2014
Wow! Touchmeder, I never dreamt of commenting on this thread but I just had to voice out my feelings. D story is great, d twists, d tragedy nd d ironies, all wonderful. U r really on cool dude at writing nd I say a big thank you. I also think ur imagination works on overdrive, LOL. Thumbs up.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:55am On Dec 12, 2014
SusannaJohnson:
Wow! Touchmeder, I never dreamt of commenting on this thread but I just had to voice out my feelings. D story is great, d twists, d tragedy nd d ironies, all wonderful. U r really on cool dude at writing nd I say a big thank you. I also think ur imagination works on overdrive, LOL. Thumbs up.
thanks
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:58am On Dec 12, 2014
stuff46:
at last you are at the end.
I never saw it coming
I have been a follower for long and love the piece.
maybe you should have made it longer for demis to confess about his impotency. and the other guy would know about his children.
but all thrsame nice work and I enjoyed every bit of it.
though typos were involved, you did great.
Thanks bro. I get where ure going and I appreciate ur suggestion. And yeah I know I still have typos. I need a good editor. Lol
Re: It Will Come To You by stuff46(m): 10:51am On Dec 12, 2014
touchmeder:
Thanks bro. I get where ure going and I appreciate ur suggestion. And yeah I know I still have typos. I need a good editor. Lol

hope you get another work going on because this one is short
Re: It Will Come To You by zyzxx(m): 3:14pm On Dec 12, 2014
touchmeder pls come here u can't stop d story like dis ah, are we nt encouraging u or u are/will busy?

i love d way u write and am addicted to it
pls love don't do dis.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today / The Gift Of A Good Man / Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.