Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,256 members, 7,818,876 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:06 AM

It Will Come To You - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It Will Come To You (15229 Views)

On March 21st 2015 – Words Will Come Alive At #wordupvol9 / When The Queen Is Ready, The King Will Come. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 5:01pm On Nov 01, 2014
?
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 5:04pm On Nov 01, 2014
?
Re: It Will Come To You by gal10(f): 9:21am On Nov 02, 2014
Wowww this is lovely... Easy to relate too. Thumbs up dear... Definitely following

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 6:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
thanks touchmender for the update. pls do not be discouraged by lack of commentors, u re doing good, carry on with ur story. have a 1daful week ahead

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by teamplayey: 7:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kudos. The joy of the Lord is your strength

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:27pm On Nov 04, 2014
?
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
?
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:31pm On Nov 04, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
w
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:34pm On Nov 04, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by zyzxx(m): 7:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
Ulo hmmm. Dennis is not d caring type I guess,
Welldone sir. more grace

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by gal10(f): 8:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
Keep it up. You're doing good

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
thanks dearest touchmender, for the updates. hope ur day went well? marriage is not only abt wealth but also about respect for each other. walking out on a lady like that is absurd and mean.
Re: It Will Come To You by stonecoldcafe: 9:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
They always go 4d established guys - no surprise. Pls continue story..
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 11:30pm On Nov 06, 2014
Chapter 4

Dennis was brushing his teeth, but he sounded like someone who was choking. It was a nasty sound Ulo had still not gotten used to five years on. He finished his business and sat on the bed with a mighty thud.

''You forgot to flush the toilet again'' she said softly.

''Dear God, did I? You would have to excuse me Miss Etiquette, I can't stand up again - that’s me done tonight.''

She carried on reading while he playfully pushed her throwing her book aside.

''I am reading that!'' she cried out in mock anger but he ignored her ''book, book, book that’s what you read all day. I come home and its book again. You can't even chat with your husband.

By the way I met Maxi B at the golf club. He said the tests came out fine for both of us. The sperm is fine, your uterus is not inverted, no fibroids, the ovaries are great and your tubes are clear. I told you nothing is wrong.''

Ulo looked at him in amazement blinking her eyes ''he said that at the club just like that? No test results, no follow up appointment, no advice on what to do next? Did we go to the local trade fair or a clinic?''

Dennis sighed in irritation ''why does everything with you have to be so difficult? This is our family doctor someone I know quite well. Did you want another sombre appointment? Why are you so uptight, filled with doom and gloom?''

She hugged her knees and began to cry silently. Somewhere in her heart, she imagined there would be a diagnosis so they could commence treatment.
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 11:32pm On Nov 06, 2014
m
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 11:33pm On Nov 06, 2014
w
Re: It Will Come To You by gal10(f): 6:34am On Nov 07, 2014
Thanks ma'am .. Keep this up
Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 3:41pm On Nov 08, 2014
thank u touchmender for the update. some men can be funny attimes. may God grant her her heart desire.
Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 3:48pm On Nov 08, 2014
hope someone has told you this before but i like the way u write ie ur style of writing, u let us ur readers see both the past and present of ur characters at the same time and that way we get to understand clearly about them. keep it up girl, u rock! wink

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Plaitex(f): 9:24pm On Nov 08, 2014
mehn. Finally met up with u. I luv ur writing style. More ink to your pen

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 10:32pm On Nov 08, 2014
lenmafon:
hope someone has told you this before but i like the way u write ie ur style of writing, u let us ur readers see both the past and present of ur characters at the same time and that way we get to understand clearly about them. keep it up girl, u rock! wink

Thanks ma'am .. Keep this up

Thanks ladies. People finally figured the right sex with me. LOL cheesy
zyzxx got it now? LOL
Welcome Plaitex
Re: It Will Come To You by zyzxx(m): 10:37pm On Nov 08, 2014
touchmeder:

Thanks ladies. People finally figured the right sex with me. LOL cheesy
zyzxx got it now? LOL
Welcome Plaitex
wow. Actually I felt d same but am not sure because u balance btw both. Awesome ma'am. cheesycheesy
Apy weknd.
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 10:57pm On Nov 08, 2014
zyzxx:
wow. Actually I felt d same but am not sure because u balance btw both. Awesome ma'am. cheesycheesy
Apy weknd.

Really i balance between both? Interesting i always thot my speech gave me away most times but so many people kept referring to me as sir/bro. I didn't mind though. Have a great weekend too.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by zyzxx(m): 7:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
touchmeder:

Really i balance between both? Interesting i always thot my speech gave me away most times but so many people kept referring to me as sir/bro. I didn't mind though. Have a great weekend too.
thanks Apy sunday ma'am cheesy
Re: It Will Come To You by PrincessB1(f): 9:36pm On Nov 09, 2014
Nice story......... following

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:06pm On Nov 10, 2014
Dennis came from a poor home blighted by polygamous problems: badly behaved children, quarrelsome wives and an egocentric father. His mother was the second of four wives who fought hard to ascertain her children’s right; not that they were entitled to much anyway. Dennis was the second of four siblings from his mother and they all attended public schools.

On the day he graduated from secondary school, his father called him aside and spoke solemnly ''from now onwards, you are on your own. At your age, I was married to my first wife and toiling the fields with my bare hands'' he stretched out his hand to emphasis his point while his son looked on. ''Henceforth, don’t expect to receive anything from me because those days are long gone. Instead, I should be the one asking for pocket money. If you want to go into business, you have my blessing. If you want to further your education, you have my blessing. If you say it is a wife, I won't stop you. Whatever you do, don’t ask me for a kobo! God bless your efforts my son. Kneel, let me pray for you.''

Dennis hated his family and the life he was used to. Most nights before he slept, he would ask God why he was born into such family. He got a job at a building shop right after secondary school. He would leave home first thing in the morning and be the last to close shop after his boss. Anything that took him away from home was bliss.

His boss was impressed by his dedication and offered to take him to Lagos. He was opening a new shop and needed a dependable sales boy.

Dennis wasted no time in jumping at the offer to leave his godforsaken town. His mother urged him on as she packed his bags ''don’t look back my son because there is nothing in this wretched town. We have tilled the soil and plundered all that is left of her. God bless your oga, the moment I saw him, I knew he would bring me joy.''
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2014
?
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:12pm On Nov 10, 2014
?
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ulo decided to wait until it was safe enough to leave, those last hours felt like the longest period of her life. Bode remained quiet under the sheets staring at her while she sat on a chair swinging her leg.

There was nothing more to say or do because it had all been done. She didn’t feel ashamed or scared. In hindsight, this was the pointer, that her impending marriage was doomed from the start.

By the time she got up to leave, Bode began sobbing like a baby, dabbing the corner of his eyes with the bed sheet. He didn’t have the strength to walk her out, which was a good thing as it was best no one saw anything. He began to beg ''stay with me baby, what we share is real. Run away with me and let's build a home. I may not have the world now, but I promise to make you very happy someday. You know I love you and that man can never love you like I do.''

She walked out without a word or backward glance and gently closed the door behind.

to be contd

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by gal10(f): 7:58pm On Nov 10, 2014
Ewo oooo. This na gobe... Ride on ma...

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Nobody: 9:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
Welldone touchmeder. Am so following this.
But na only one tyn go pursue me ooo#shey u know?#

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Wole Soyinka Celebrates His 84th Birthday Today / Funmi-lion: A Tale Of A Lioness / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Wins 2018 PEN Pinter Prize

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.