Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,056 members, 7,953,194 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:08 PM

It Will Come To You - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / It Will Come To You (15481 Views)

On March 21st 2015 – Words Will Come Alive At #wordupvol9 / When The Queen Is Ready, The King Will Come. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 12:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
Dennis carried on speaking ''you won't believe what I have in store for you. Come with me, I have something to show you'' he said in an excited tone.

She walked into the car, expecting to see the surprise but there was nothing. She tried hard to mask her feeling but finally blurred out in irritation ''what’s the surprise?''

He kept smiling ''wait I'll take you there'' was his only reply.

He drove roughly cursing the danfo drivers underneath his breath and later through his window.

''Warn yourself oh! If you kiss my car then you have to kiss my fist.''

Ulo wondered why he didn’t come with his driver. She tried to remain quiet but when he swerved suddenly, she lost her head ''Dennis, please leave danfo drivers and watch where you are going. You don’t drag road with them just maintain your lane. You nearly ran into the other car.''

She never liked when he drove. He was as bad as the danfo drivers if not worse. They went past the third mainland bridge heading for the island while he blasted Photocopy by Nice.

''Photocopy ko easy
You can never be like me
This is my identity
Teni teni, takisa ta tan
Apalara, igunpa ni yekan
Oba ara, Adigun ni baale
Alapomeji…''

She smiled as he kept nodding his head to the tune and throwing his arms around whenever there was a slight hold up.
She wondered at where he was taking her. The further they went, the more she tried to unravel the secret location. They drove past popular buildings, Obalende area, offices, Lagos Law School, 1004, Civic center, and tastefully built houses.

These were familiar places they both knew but he kept on driving.

Dennis would comment anytime they passed a beautiful house ''hey my wife look at that one, yes the one with the green roof. I love that house. Look at the finishing, excellent craftsmanship, that’s what I like.''

They went pass Lekki toll gate, first and second roundabout before approaching an area where it seemed he knew most houses along the street.

He stopped in front of a certain house and continued speaking in an excited tone ''yes look at that house - the brown one. I built that house yet the useless man didn’t appreciate my effort.
However when it was unveiled, and the accolades poured in, he realized he was the fool. Most of the other houses you see, I was given the contract after they saw this job.''

She tried to share in his enthusiasm, but she was too tired. They drove further and finally arrived at a large expanse of land. Some workers were seen moulding blocks while others were digging a foundation.

This is our new home he announced stretching his hands. Ulo smiled and hugged him. ''It must have cost a fortune'' she whispered walking around the vast expanse of land.

Dennis followed pointing out where different rooms would be located. He was truly excited. A house on the island had always been his dream.

In her heart, Ulo was wondering if this was not a little too late. Would she share this dream with him? Was their marriage was not a matter of months before its expiry date?

Her heart had become hardened over night. She was not ashamed to leave her matrimonial home and move in with Bode as long as he wanted her. She didn’t care about what people would say because at the end of the day, it was her life.
Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 12:47pm On Nov 28, 2014
a million thanks for the update touchy but ulo has to think twice before she act o! it is better she just leave and remain single and not go to bode o! touchmender pls help me tell her o.
then correct this: ... went by... not ...when by...

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by gal10(f): 4:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
Wowwww......hmnnn abi bode na chop n clean mouth cry
Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 8:20pm On Nov 28, 2014
...at the end of the day, it was her life. yes but she couldn't wait for him when he was still struggling. life is not all about money. and she better think twice before she ruin her life.
Re: It Will Come To You by seunviju(f): 8:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
Love,money,marriage,huh,thanks for the update
Re: It Will Come To You by zyzxx(m): 8:24pm On Nov 30, 2014
Touchmeder u just like to amaze me wit long and intresting update
Let me show my gratitude by taking u to Tussauds, Houses of parliament, River Thames, London zoo, Portobello Road, St Paul's Cathedral, London aquarium, London eye, will u follow me sweetheart cheesy?

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Essyydiamond(f): 11:41am On Dec 01, 2014
Nice one,keep it up.
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 2:02pm On Dec 01, 2014
Hope everyone had a good weekend. Thanks for the comments everyone. kiss

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 2:03pm On Dec 01, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 2:06pm On Dec 01, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 2:08pm On Dec 01, 2014
x
Re: It Will Come To You by Plaitex(f): 3:57pm On Dec 01, 2014
eww, see d mess ulo has put herself into. And now, am pretty sure she's prego. Touchmeder, thanks alot for the update nd ur writing style is superb. You always keep me glued to ur story. But is dis a true life story?

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by zyzxx(m): 6:07pm On Dec 01, 2014
touchmeder why! En why did u want to break my heart en, don't let Ulo suffer any more pls...

Plaitex I want to ask same question too, touchmeder Is it true life story, because it seems so real.
More wisdom and ink to ur pen ma'am.

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by joliematt(f): 6:36pm On Dec 01, 2014
life, I Jst pray d story end in favour of ulo
Re: It Will Come To You by gal10(f): 8:46pm On Dec 01, 2014
Heyy.. This na OYO.. Wow thanks dear

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by kanechimex(m): 7:03am On Dec 02, 2014
it would be most selfish of me not to leave a comment. You have a nice story,Madam.
I get many questions to ask .
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:02am On Dec 02, 2014
kanechimex:
it would be most selfish of me not to leave a comment. You have a nice story,Madam.
I get many questions to ask .

Welcome. Ask, i like an interactive thread as long as its based on the story.

Hopefully its not a question that would make me reveal too much about the novel itself (we dont want to kill the suspense). LOL
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:03am On Dec 02, 2014
zyzxx:
touchmeder why! En why did u want to break my heart en, don't let Ulo suffer any more pls...

Plaitex I want to ask same question too, touchmeder Is it true life story, because it seems so real.
More wisdom and ink to ur pen ma'am.

I shall try cheesy

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:04am On Dec 02, 2014
But is dis a true life story?

Can i answer this question at the end? Thanks everyone for the comments.
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:05am On Dec 02, 2014
Chapter 11

On a warm afternoon, Ulo got an unexpected visit from Pearl and a gentleman who didn’t look familiar.

Pearl had called for days unending trying to fix a day for a visit but Ulo was not prepared to meet with anyone at the minute.

She tried to coax her younger sister into telling what it was all about but Pearl refused and insisted on coming around and here she was unannounced.

Ulo washed her face, put on a loose gown. She ran down the stairs and hugged Pearl while whispering apologies in her ear.

Pearl looked terrible; she was dressed in an ill-fitting attire with her hair done in a loose pony tail.

''What is it that could not wait?'' Ulo asked? ''I’m so sorry but I’m going through so much myself. If you waited a little, I would have seen you at the weekend.''

Ulo tried to lead her sister by the arm, away from the prying eyes of the gentleman but Pearl seemed reluctant to leave his presence.

''Sister this is my pastor he needs to hear what I have to say'' Pearl said with tears beginning to form around her eyes.

She was pointing at the gentleman who wore a crooked tie and tacky brown suit. Ulo was surprised and looked at

Pearl in the manner one would do, if they were unsure. She spoke a bit of French to Pearl who replied in English.
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:06am On Dec 02, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:08am On Dec 02, 2014
q
Re: It Will Come To You by touchmeder: 9:12am On Dec 02, 2014
Guys can we please be honest on this thread especially the ladies. Is there a time when enough is enough in marriage? Do you think its a good time for Ulo to leave this marriage? You answers will not affect how this story will continue. smiley

I'm just curious to know how most of us think. Can we comment on it?

Have a good day everyone.
Re: It Will Come To You by Diamondamsel(f): 10:17am On Dec 02, 2014
As for me, my thought is that 'ulo shd jst accept her destiny, make herself happy, 4gt abt her husband and any1 dt mks her unhappy. She can evn adopt a child nd make herself comfortablr. She can evn save money in case her husband die

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by gal10(f): 11:06am On Dec 02, 2014
This got just scary... U know what Ulo has lived a lie for too long.. Got married for family pressure sake.. Enduring all. now getting this shocker from her sister... For once let her be happy.. In answer to your question, a part of me says yes it is too good enough time.. Besides what's d essence of staying in that house n getting suicidal??depressed or devoid of emotions to d supposed husband... Ulo should relocate abeg.. Start life afresh, adopt n pour energy into a fulfilling venture..

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by kanechimex(m): 7:00pm On Dec 02, 2014
I thought Ulo was going to meet someone else other than Bode. I think it's time for her to leave Dennis. He doesn't love her.....much.
first question, how do you manage to create a story like this that can pull the strings of people's hearts.? I've always wanted to write a "reality " story. the best I've come up with is about serial killers and organised crime. both of which are rare in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by Queening(f): 7:46pm On Dec 02, 2014
U just made me very sad :' btw nyc story
Re: It Will Come To You by zyzxx(m): 8:27am On Dec 03, 2014
touchmeder:
Guys can we please be honest on this thread especially the ladies. Is there a time when enough is enough in marriage? Do you think its a good time for Ulo to leave this marriage? You answers will not affect how this story will continue. smiley

I'm just curious to know how most of us think. Can we comment on it?

Have a good day everyone.
u are umpridetable. Dat y I just don't no how to lay much emphasise on dis story.
Am really enjoying it, it seems to real, and we can't predict life, u make me crave for more, as times goes on wen more light as been shed, maybe den I will av many things to say.
As for Ulo, I will sue u ontop her case tongue. Pls let her be Apy, she can leave dat house for peace sake.
Dennis does not worth dat stress she is giving herself,
I still c small hope in bode as long as am consine

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 8:15pm On Dec 03, 2014
touchmender! touchmender!! touchmender!!! enough is enough for that lady named ULO abi u want to wait till she dies
Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 8:20pm On Dec 03, 2014
pls can you get her out of that house cos the man she is living with is a devil incarnate. to sleep with your wife's sister and still put up a very bold face. pls enough is enough. cos Dennis does not know what he has, let her leave becos if any thing happens to her, Dennis will not change but will continue in his lifestyle and she, she will be forgotten in less than three months

1 Like

Re: It Will Come To You by fareedah86: 8:33pm On Dec 03, 2014
Pls remind me,who is pearl? Ulo's elder sister abi,d one who married a poor man outta wedlock or so...not sure.
Re: It Will Come To You by lenmafon: 8:37pm On Dec 03, 2014
fareedah86:
Pls remind me,who is pearl? Ulo's elder sister abi,d one who married a poor man outta wedlock or so...not sure.

youngest sister and the last born,yes and a drop out from university who married the year one guy that got her pregnant. satisfied?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

A Letter To My Son's Teacher / Nairaland's Literary & Debating Day - You Are Cordially Invited! / How To Pass A Failed Test- A Short Comedy Story

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.