Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,336 members, 7,811,978 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:53 AM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (100) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (876191 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 8:02pm On Jul 09, 2016
hybeenoni:
@ uzhi, From the university website, I was referred to check the deparment and mail them to know how to go about the tuition waiver scholarship, hv been unable to do that since.

I wish I could get in touch with a fellow in that school to guide me on how to go abt this challenge. Could u plz assist?

Hey, just go the University website and find the department link, after that surely you should get a reliable contact address there. Don't panic, communicating by email with an official in university of Tartu to my experience is somewhat reliable and I can at least assure you to an extent that they would b glad to assist you. Take the step and don't delay.

You can also communicate with the international student coordinator Kaija Murasov (please find her contact on the University's website) for assistance.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 8:05pm On Jul 09, 2016
adegunwa4real:

Hello sir tobi, I need help on this Estonia study stuff, can you help me out pls

Sure I can help as much as I can
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jeffoe(m): 8:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
icotfodile:
Pardon me, I'm not exactly sure what you mean by virgin passport.
However I have had a UK visa before which expired so I just renewed, though still needed an invitation letter. the estonian embassy in London does not give any invitation letter or email for reference. you book an appointment by phone conversation and thats it.

Since you have cousins in the UK, you can request an invitation letter from them as well as specify your intention of going to the estonian embassy in London in the visa application.

virgin passport means no previous travel history, the Passport has no visa stampv on it, what was the duration of the uk visa process.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 8:33pm On Jul 09, 2016
Demaejy:

Oga Tobi, you have been so helpful both on this thread and outside.. You are such a role model for others - very humble, faithful and straightforward. I pray others should emulate your kind of charisma. I cherish your kind of person, you are truly a servant of God.

How is Tartu bro? Stay blessed !!!

Thanks but let the econmium be to God. You know there are great men on this thread that has ever helped me without knowing them. These guys teaches me that helping somebody is both a personal responsibility and a completeness of life. The likes of Uzhi, naira space, seanT, bolig, and many many. I have learnt that lesson that I am helped in order to be of help to others. Lifted to lift others... I hope you guys would do the same investment.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 09, 2016
jeffoe:
virgin passport means no previous travel history, the Passport has no visa stampv on it, what was the duration of the uk visa process.
Please, a quick one, what if my travel history is Ghana, Togo and Benin Republic stamps, is it still virgin or it can help. Note, its all border stamps not visa.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 09, 2016
hakeembee:
Please, a quick one, what if my travel history is Ghana, Togo and Benin Republic stamps, is it still virgin or it can help. Note, its all border stamps not visa.

I thought you are going through India route?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by icotfodile: 10:18pm On Jul 09, 2016
2 weeks sir...

jeffoe:
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by icotfodile: 10:20pm On Jul 09, 2016
Sorry Sir, was just pointing out an option for those that want to try it.

hakeembee:
We weign no come get people in UK nlo, make we stick to india jejely o
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jeffoe(m): 8:22am On Jul 10, 2016
icotfodile:
2 weeks sir...

I do have a bulk lodgement into my account, the money has been there for over a month, though it from my sponsor, who is not my relative, there is a regular inflow of income into the account but it is pea nut though.will that be an issue with the UK embassy, how many week visa was granted you.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by rajiism(m): 9:06am On Jul 10, 2016
hybeenoni:
@ UZHI really appreciate ur response. Having checked univ of Tartu's site, was told to check the mail address of the dept of Mathematics to get details about scholarship opportunity which I seek for, but hv been unable to do that since.

Could you plz help link me up with any friend of yours in the school to assist out with this information i seek for?
Will be so grateful.
Course: MSc financial & Actuarial mathematics.
How to apply for the tuition waiver

Tnx

You mean Msc. Financial Mathematics.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by hybeenoni: 12:15pm On Jul 10, 2016
@ rajiism yea it's MSc Financial Mathematics but it has a specialization in actuarial/Insurance Mathematics, that's how it's written on their brochure
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by rajiism(m): 1:12pm On Jul 10, 2016
hybeenoni:
@ rajiism yea it's MSc Financial Mathematics but it has a specialization in actuarial/Insurance Mathematics, that's how it's written on their brochure

Ok for the tuition-waiver you don't need any additional application apart from the one on dream-apply(https://estonia.dreamapply.com/). Also, for the your program ten students will be admitted and the best eight will be given tuition-waiver based on admission ranking list. Check the link below for other scholarships:
http://www.ut.ee/en/admissions/scholarship-information-all-levels

Note: Application start on 4th January 2017.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by lanre205(m): 1:30pm On Jul 10, 2016
icotfodile:
Hello Guys....

For those still processing their Estonia Visa and TRP and/or indian visa, I wish you guys goodluck.
However, I will recommend trying to get a UK visit visa if you have a family member or relative in the UK to apply for estonia visa and trp at London. Was quick and easy for me to obtain my Estonia D-visa.
Also theres no harm in trying other places, Please do not all rely on India, it was probably easy in the past.

Best regards

Thanks, man.

I'm visiting the Indian embassy soon enough but I must confess that I'm sick of this Indian visa procurement getting hectic by the day.

Kudos for bring on the light on other routes, I'm not obsessed with this Indian route a bit cuz I don't understand the reason for making things difficult for ordinary citizens with genuine intention of travelling. I'll wait for the outcome after my visit for reschudle then know the next line of action on the route to follow in the end.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by lanre205(m): 1:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
hybeenoni:

I hope your first degree is mathematics? I was given admission into this course you chose. I'm planning on my travelling for now. However, I wouldn't know how life is overthere as I'm still a prospective student of MSc Financial Mathematics with tuition waiver granted study program.

Meanwhile, that was possible with other supporting docs like the ielts which mustn't b less than 5.5 on each stage etc. God as well, I must acknowledge His mercy.

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 2:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
Finally!

The good news is here!

For those who are still contemplating on how to run the Estonia travel documents shit. Look no further. You no need a visa to go to India. Just follow the simple steps below to enter Egypt.

Steps

1. Get a car
2. Get fuel money
3. Carry enough food stuffs
4. Print the attached map
5. Enter ur car n zoom off with looking back
6. Welcome to Estonian embassy, Cairo, Egypt

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

NB: Na joke ooooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by lanre205(m): 2:24pm On Jul 10, 2016
hybeenoni:

Wooooow I'm so glad to hear from you @ lanre.
My first degree is Mathematics with CGPA of 4.22.

Also hw were u able to secure the tuition waiver, did u specified that you needed it in your application?

I wouldn't mind getting in touch either. Will buzz u on the e-mail add but as our predecessors have said, we shouldn't deviate from this thread so as to benefit others.

That's a very good start with ur academic standing. I secured the waiver cuz I met some requirements given to the best 8/10 as rajism said earlier but those requirements I'm not aware of totally. Once again, ur academic standing is a very good omen for such waiver coupled with ur ielts. However, I had other diplomas n certs in computer which is also stated on the admission brochure, mind you, that shouldn't stop you if u don't have such, economics was also stated on those requirements n I did nothing near economics safe much of statistics.

I didn't specify that I wanted tuition waiver in my application, it's automatic as I have a good standing as well. Although, I was optimistic and prayerful about getting it, yet I guess some applicants might be requested to pay for tuition if they don't meet such requirements, you know.

Be optimistic and prayerful as well, application starts soon. Be prepared to sit for ielts on Dec 5th so you could apply on Jan 4th because it takes 3 weeks for ielts result to be ready. On Dec 23rd or thereabout you should have ielts result ready for your application.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by lanre205(m): 2:33pm On Jul 10, 2016
yoyolagos:
Finally!

The good news is here!

For those who are still contemplating on how to run the Estonia travel documents shit. Look no further. You no need a visa to go to India. Just follow the simple steps below to enter Egypt.

Steps

1. Get a car
2. Get fuel money
3. Carry enough food stuffs
4. Print the attached map
5. Enter ur car n zoom off with looking back
6. Welcome to Estonian embassy, Cairo, Egypt

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin

NB: Na joke ooooooooo

Lol! Funny guy. How I wish say I go fit go by road angry
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 3:22pm On Jul 10, 2016
LostCity:

I thought you are going through India route?
Yes bro, just asking
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 3:36pm On Jul 10, 2016
lanre205:

Thanks, man.

I'm visiting the Indian embassy soon enough but I must confess that I'm sick of this Indian visa procurement getting hectic by the day.

Kudos for bring on the light on other routes, I'm not obsessed with this Indian route a bit cuz I don't understand the reason for making things difficult for ordinary citizens with genuine intention of travelling. I'll wait for the outcome after my visit for reschudle then know the next line of action on the route to follow in the end.
What were they asking for? are you going for reshedule or intetview, i should go for reshedule this week also.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nevilbot: 7:20am On Jul 11, 2016
Hello everyone,

I came across this forum while searching on study in Estonia for my younger one. I have more than enuf info on how to apply and schools to apply to but where I seem not to find info is the visa application requirements and process if one gets the admission. I have read thru some pages here and I saw people talking abt India route or UK route and it left me confused

Plz I av the following questions.
1) after securing admission, what are the process and requirements for securing an estonia visa.
2) how do dey require proof of funding to be shown cus I'm presently in Germany and I know Germany requires something called a blocked acct before one can get a study visa
3) what are the prospect for part time jobs while studying? Are they available or not?
4) since the official language is Estonian, can an English speaker survive before he gets a hang of the language.

Thanks as I look forward to your answers

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 9:08am On Jul 11, 2016
nevilbot:
Hello everyone,

I came across this forum while searching on study in Estonia for my younger one. I have more than enuf info on how to apply and schools to apply to but where I seem not to find info is the visa application requirements and process if one gets the admission. I have read thru some pages here and I saw people talking abt India route or UK route and it left me confused

1) after securing admission, what are the process and requirements for securing an estonia visa.
2) how do dey require proof of funding to be shown cus I'm presently in Germany and I know Germany requires something called a blocked acct before one can get a study visa
3) what are the prospect for part time jobs while studying? Are they available or not?
4) since the official language is Estonian, can an English speaker survive before he gets a hang of the language.

1] I think the first thing is to get the admission, then as you may have read on these thread since the Estonian embassy is not in Nigeria (if you are from Nigeria) then you have to go to the nearest one. I am not sure but thinking it might be an advantage for you to help your younger ones to Germany if possible to do the Visa thing there.

admission -> admission letter, confirmation from school, required docs for visa -> apply for visa and trp -> come to estonia.

Generally, I think the process of getting visa by Study purpose requires stody dcoumets (admission letter and co) then other documents regarding funds, confirmation, flights, health insurances, etc... this may vary with different embassies though smiley

2] Yes, they will require proof of fund and I believe a statement of account could suffice in this case except there is another development
3] There are prospect of part time job, to my own understanding, even full time job if you get one. I think there is a better chance with IT jobs since this is what Estonia sells. I cannot assure a 100 percent correctness in this, since I only know a little. My bosses here can speak better on this. cheesy
4] yes, the official language is NOT English but yes, people are surviving and by my experience it is possible, just that some jobs might be difficult to get because of the language, however language is one of those issues, and may not necessarily be a BIG problem (depends)

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mystica773: 9:13am On Jul 11, 2016
omitobi:

1] I think the first thing is to get the admission, then as you may have read on these thread since the Estonian embassy is not in Nigeria (if you are from Nigeria) then you have to go to the nearest one. I am not sure but thinking it might be an advantage for you to help your younger ones to Germany if possible to do the Visa thing there.

admission -> admission letter, confirmation from school, required docs for visa -> apply for visa and trp -> come to estonia.

Generally, I think the process of getting visa by Study purpose requires stody dcoumets (admission letter and co) then other documents regarding funds, confirmation, flights, health insurances, etc... this may vary with different embassies though smiley

2] Yes, they will require proof of fund and I believe a statement of account could suffice in this case except there is another development
3] There are prospect of part time job, to my own understanding, even full time job if you get one. I think there is a better chance with IT jobs since this is what Estonia sells. I cannot assure a 100 percent correctness in this, since I only know a little. My bosses here can speak better on this. cheesy

4] yes, the official language is English but yes, people are surviving and by my experience it is possible, just that some jobs might be difficult to get because of the language, however language is one of those issues, and may not necessarily be a BIG problem (depends)
Nice one bro...really informative
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nevilbot: 9:38am On Jul 11, 2016
omitobi:

4] yes, the official language is NOT English but yes, people are surviving and by my experience it is possible, just that some jobs might be difficult to get because of the language, however language is one of those issues, and may not necessarily be a BIG problem (depends)

Thanks, I will keep here updated if she gets admitted
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by jeffoe(m): 9:40am On Jul 11, 2016
omitobi:

@bolded, what would that mean

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 10:16am On Jul 11, 2016
jeffoe:
@bolded, what would that mean

the bolded part is just one of the required documents that may be necessary in the whole process especially if you want to go by Entry Visa through India for example (with the purpose of going to Estonian Embassy for application)
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by icotfodile: 10:32am On Jul 11, 2016
Having obtained admission, you have to apply for temporary residence permit for study. However, this takes at least 2 months and as such one may not have enough time, therefore it becomes necessary to apply for Estonia D-visa which will enable you to travel to estonia to begin study and obtain the TRP from there(having applied for it already). Please refer to this for further info and required documents https://www.politsei.ee/en/teenused/residence-permit/tahtajaline-elamisluba/oppimiseks/

Unlike Germany which requires €8000 blocked account, Estonia only requires proof of sufficient funding or a stable income that can cover expenses in form of a bank statement and letter of support(If you are not funding yourself).

From what I have heard, there are jobs, mostly IT jobs, and may not be so difficult to obtain these(as such, hoping to get one asap in august).

Language is not a problem, as you can definitely still communicate in English, most importantly as the study language is in English

nevilbot:
Hello everyone,

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by mystica773: 11:05am On Jul 11, 2016
icotfodile:
Having obtained admission, you have to apply for temporary residence permit for study. However, this takes at least 2 months and as such one may not have enough time, therefore it becomes necessary to apply for Estonia D-visa which will enable you to travel to estonia to begin study and obtain the TRP from there(having applied for it already). Please refer to this for further info and required documents https://www.politsei.ee/en/teenused/residence-permit/tahtajaline-elamisluba/oppimiseks/

Unlike Germany which requires €8000 blocked account, Estonia only requires proof of sufficient funding or a stable income that can cover expenses in form of a bank statement and letter of support(If you are not funding yourself).

From what I have heard, there are jobs, mostly IT jobs, and may not be so difficult to obtain these(as such, hoping to get one asap in august).

Language is not a problem, as you can definitely still communicate in English, most importantly as the study language is in English

Pls after getting the visa for entry into Estonia,how many years is given on Resident permit? and is it possible to visit other schengen countries? thanks

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by omitobi: 11:42am On Jul 11, 2016
mystica773:
Pls after getting the visa for entry into Estonia,how many years is given on Resident permit? and is it possible to visit other schengen countries? thanks

Resident permit is one year, and its renewed if the need be. The renewal also is for a year (at least based on my understanding about Temporary Resident Permit for study purpose). Estonia is part of the Schengen territory so its possible to visit other places.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Uganda1: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2016
Housing application accepted. ..Raja 4D..
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2016
Uganda1:
Housing application accepted. ..Raja 4D..

I got Siidisaba 7
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 12:15pm On Jul 11, 2016
For those who feel UK route might worth trying, I just got from a conversation with a friend who lives in UK concerning d visa stuff. He said u might not need letter of invitation from someone staying in UK if u hv an hotel reservation.

Una fit do more findings sha on dat.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (97) (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.