Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

Lets Talk About Estonia - Travel (102) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Lets Talk About Estonia (876125 Views)

Are There Nigerians In Estonia? / Need Information On This Three European Country Latvia,estonia & Lithuania / Estonia Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (399) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nek12: 10:41am On Jul 16, 2016
nevilbot:

If you are travelling on a student visa where you don't av plans to come back in d next one year, you can fly one way and airlines won't stop u. Airlines don't care if u buy one way or return ticket cus u can decide to go with one airline and return with another so your statement saying airline will not even let you fly on one way is totally false. I flew one way to Germany in 2014.

The only people u owe an explanation is the immigrations not d airline and simply telling them u are on a student visa is enuf. No one even asked me why I was flying one way thru out my journey

I thought as much since is student entry visa which means the person is in transit and India is not the student real destination. More like entry and exit within the stipulated time.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 11:45am On Jul 16, 2016
nek12:

On his way back from India? He didn't travel from India to Estonia. Is that not waste of money and time abi na that one cheap; as in collect estonia visa in India and come back to Nigeria to proceed on your journey?

You won't be allowed to enter Estonia b4 Aug. India visa na 30 days which will expires by next week. To avoid Indian Immigration problems, na to come back to Nigeria b4 u visa expires.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 11:48am On Jul 16, 2016
nek12:

I thought as much since is student entry visa which means the person is in transit and India is not the student real destination. More like entry and exit within the stipulated time.

There is nothing like student entry visa. Na just entry visa. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 11:54am On Jul 16, 2016
yoyolagos:

Dat na long tin. Just go to ministry of Education Liaison office in TBS, one of their staff will help facilitate it at a relatively moderate price. That is where me n guys did ours. And one of us is already on his way back from India with is Estonian visa.

Except you live in Abuja or relatively close to abuja
Haaa! na now you just dey tell me? I dey live for lagos now, well it will be useful for others sha. What about ministry of foriegn affairs
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 12:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
yoyolagos:

You won't be allowed to enter Estonia b4 Aug. India visa na 30 days which will expires by next week. To avoid Indian Immigration problems, na to come back to Nigeria b4 u visa expires.
In my own opinion, if you are given 30days entry visa to india, make sure you travel into india within the next 3-5days then go for interview at Estonian embassy within the next 7-9days of the your indian visa, your visa will be ready within 14days, then 2-3days you will fly to Estonia before your visa expires. lobatan

2 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 12:22pm On Jul 16, 2016
hakeembee:
In my own opinion, if you are given 30days entry visa to india, make sure you travel into india within the next 3-5days then go for interview at Estonian embassy within the next 7-9days of the your indian visa, your visa will be ready within 14days, then 2-3days you will fly to Estonia before your visa expires. lobatan

So if u are given indian visa in June, u traveled early july and ur visa expires around July 25th or so, u go still travel to Estonia?

Read my earlier post, I said you would be allowed into estonia b4 Aug. Na round 15th or so in Aug dem go start to dey allow students in.

Mind you, ur india visa start counting from the day of issue not wen you enter india.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 12:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
hakeembee:
Haaa! na now you just dey tell me? I dey live for lagos now, well it will be useful for others sha. What about ministry of foriegn affairs

You no ask now. He will do both ministry of education and foreign affairs together. Just tell him certificate authentication. He knows wat to do
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 2:15pm On Jul 16, 2016
yoyolagos:

So if u are given indian visa in June, u traveled early july and ur visa expires around July 25th or so, u go still travel to Estonia?

Read my earlier post, I said you would be allowed into estonia b4 Aug. Na round 15th or so in Aug dem go start to dey allow students in.

Mind you, ur india visa start counting from the day of issue not wen you enter india.
So you mean they have date they will allow you to enter estonia? But in my own case i will still be in tune. Anyone that that secure visa as from next week stand a chanxe
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jul 16, 2016
Abeg my people, help me o! Heavy rain in Abuja beat my passport yesterday o, not that much but little, the thing come affect the colour of my picture, e come be like say the picture turned black and white. Anything to worry about?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 3:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
hakeembee:
Abeg my people, help me o! Heavy rain in Abuja beat my passport yesterday o, not that much but little, the thing come affect the colour of my picture, e come be like say the picture turned black and white. Anything to worry about?
Make sure you dry it under the sun.. Don't worry, so far your picture is visible you are good to go. #From experience.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 3:09pm On Jul 16, 2016
yoyolagos:

There is nothing like student entry visa. Na just entry visa. cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool cool grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
..lol
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
Demaejy:

Make sure you dry it under the sun.. Don't worry, so far your picture is visible you are good to go. #From experience.
My picture is 100% visible and every other things are normal, except the picture colour
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by striker9(m): 4:45pm On Jul 16, 2016
hakeembee:
My picture is 100% visible and every other things are normal, except the picture colour
Perhaps you should show it to more experienced authorities,just to be on safe side.The fact that the color has changed might raise a flag of damage...
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 16, 2016
hakeembee:
Its okay bro... Don't worry, ain't damaged. When check at the Airport via the chip at the back of the passport , all your bio datas will be shown.

However, you can still ask the experienced authority as someone suggested.

1 Like

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 5:35pm On Jul 16, 2016
hakeembee:
So you mean they have date they will allow you to enter estonia? But in my own case i will still be in tune. Anyone that that secure visa as from next week stand a chanxe

Yes! U can confirm from your school if you are in doubt!
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 5:41pm On Jul 16, 2016
hakeembee:

You fly go Abuja ni?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 6:03pm On Jul 16, 2016
yoyolagos:

You fly go Abuja ni?
By road o
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nek12: 9:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
yoyolagos:

Oga, dey there make shoe dey wear you grin but they stated your purpose of visiting India in your visa.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 9:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
nek12:

Oga, dey there make shoe dey wear you grin but they stated your purpose of visiting India in your visa.

You stated educational purpose now. not study purpose now. You can enter india on entry visa for various purposes as stated on the online application form now. So u can't explicitly say na student entry visa grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

No mind me! I am having fun on dis new keyboard of mine!
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by nek12: 10:02pm On Jul 16, 2016
yoyolagos:

Oh really? Where did you get the message of not entering Estonia before August?
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by icotfodile: 10:08pm On Jul 16, 2016
Hello Guys

Just an advice for those talking about one way. Please in order to avoid embarrassment at the airport, Please travel with a return ticket.
Unless you have your residence permit, then you can travel one way. But since its the D-Visa you are going to travel with, the immigration and even the airline will never let you travel.
You can book a one month duration, the price difference is not much(probably lol). you can just forfeit it.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by lanre205(m): 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2016
Went to the Indian embassy at Ikoyi for reschedule on Monday, got Thursday as for interview date, had to go back cuz I didn't take sponsor's affidavit and passport datapage, the interviewer requested for them, visa approval, fee payment n biometrics on Friday. I was given d payment slip to come on Wednesday, three working days for visa to b ready for collection.

Alhamdulillahi, I was never asked d NDLEA and authentication things. God paved way for.

Different things work for different persons

3 Likes

Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 10:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
lanre205:
Went to the Indian embassy at Ikoyi for reschedule on Monday, got Thursday as for interview date, had to go back cuz I didn't take sponsor's affidavit and passport datapage, the interviewer requested for them, visa approval, fee payment n biometrics on Friday. I was given d payment slip to come on Wednesday, three working days for visa to b ready for collection.

Alhamdulillahi, I was never asked d NDLEA and authentication things. God paved way for.

congratulation bro.. move to the next step Asap, God will always be with you and he will do ours too
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by icotfodile: 10:19pm On Jul 16, 2016
nek12:

Gentlemen, On the Estonian D-visa you will be given, there is a validity date period (from....until)
If that date has not reached which corresponds to the date you put on the application form of your entry to estonia you definitely will not be allowed in. The important thing is to Plan your trip very well with the right dates so everything can blend in well..

Goodluck
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 10:24pm On Jul 16, 2016
icotfodile:

Gentlemen, On the Estonian D-visa you will be given, there is a validity date period (from....until)
If that date has not reached which corresponds to the date you put on the application form of your entry to estonia you definitely will not be allowed in. The important thing is to Plan your trip very well with the right dates so everything can blend in well..

Goodluck
true... and that is why you can never get a date before August 20 because they know when all the schools resumes... your expected date of arrival will be written boldly on your admission letter.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 10:39pm On Jul 16, 2016
nek12:

Talk to your school representative if u are in doubt
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by striker9(m): 10:51pm On Jul 16, 2016
lanre205:

Congratulations bro,can you pls list all the docs you presented at the India embassy and the questions asked during the interview.. thanks
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 10:56pm On Jul 16, 2016
icotfodile:
Hello Guys

Just an advice for those talking about one way. Please in order to avoid embarrassment at the airport, Please travel with a return ticket.
Unless you have your residence permit, then you can travel one way. But since its the D-Visa you are going to travel with, the immigration and even the airline will never let you travel.
You can book a one month duration, the price difference is not much(probably lol). you can just forfeit it.

You will be given a 6 months visa coupled with admission letter showing the length of your program. I objectively doubt dat.

But I hv never comot for naija b4 so I go just let my Oga at d top with vast travelling experience to shed more light on it sha.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by Nobody: 7:20am On Jul 17, 2016
tobzzy:
true... and that is why you can never get a date before August 20 because they know when all the schools resumes... your expected date of arrival will be written boldly on your admission letter.
That is not true Toyeeb. You may even go to embassy as early as March, April or May just that your visa validity will start counting from the day embassy put on it.. A friend visa validity will start by 15th Aug.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by yoyolagos: 8:36am On Jul 17, 2016
Demaejy:

That is not true Toyeeb. You may even go to embassy as early as March, April or May just that your visa validity will start counting from the day embassy put on it.. A friend visa validity will start by 15th Aug.

But Na d date wey dem put for ur passport as entry date d tin start counting but u won't be issue a date b4 August.
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by tobzzy(m): 9:38am On Jul 17, 2016
Demaejy:

baba I never go Estonia Embassy before oo, just from the past info I have gathered I know no entry till August.. make the bosses come clear this ooo.. omitobi, uhzi
Re: Lets Talk About Estonia by rajiism(m): 12:45pm On Jul 17, 2016
Extract from UT Welcome Guide -

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) ... (399) (Reply)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 12 / German Embassy And Visa / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.