Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? (2821 Views)

What Is The Hardest Part Of Being A Guy/lady / Pastors’ Advice On Chastity Earns Me Menopause As Spinster / What Is The Hardest Word To Say? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by chronique(m): 10:18pm On Oct 29, 2014
Hi folks!

Errm,I've always wanted to ask this question but I'm always probably too busy to type it. I've always wondered what the hardest part of being a bachelor is. For me,it's cooking. Heaven knows I love home made meals to a fault and I also don't know how to eat outside. If I have to eat out,it would have to be a standard restaurant free from flies,noise and probably dirty looking folks. Somewhere you can't come in and shout while talking;a place where you have to comport yourself and behave properly... Often times,I'm always very occupied and hardly eat out. Even when I get to the so called standard restaurant,I become picky about what to eat. I don't like eating anything soup outside. Most times,I just eat snacks and soft drinks and end up going home to cook dinner. Dinner sometimes,takes up to 2-3 hrs to fix(when I'm making stew most especially). At times,I forget the damn food on the fire and sleep off,only to wake up at midnight and find my kitchen in thick smoke;everything wasted!!! As I type,I just finished making my soup(since around 8pm) but I'm too tired to continue the cooking. There's water on the gas to fix the "solid" to go with the soup but I find it difficult to continue;I'm tired. When I get to a point like this,the hunger usually disappears,only to surface at midnight. Honestly,the day I get hooked,I'd celebrate my freedom from the kicthen;women are trying. Shoutsout to all the women(both good and bad) that can cook properly... You guys rock!

So ladies and gentlemen,kindly share yours.
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by spartoo: 10:21pm On Oct 29, 2014
I'd say the point when you have to eat the food all alone
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by dapsy4u2(m): 10:46pm On Oct 29, 2014
Cooking has always been the issue for me too... I crave good food but can hardly cook it sad
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by chronique(m): 11:02pm On Oct 29, 2014
That too is an issue. But not as bad as the cooking.
spartoo:
I'd say the point when you have to eat the food all alone
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by chronique(m): 11:09pm On Oct 29, 2014
A woman's job is woman's job;it's hard to do it like them. I cook well but it's usually time consuming.
dapsy4u2:
Cooking has always been the issue for me too... I crave good food but can hardly cook it sad
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by 01karma(m): 11:28pm On Oct 29, 2014
The hard part of been a bachelor is when your landlord's duagther sneak's into your room for a fast one only to see the landlady on a doggie style! cheesy grin..

The hardest part of been a bachelor is when you use your last cash to play merrybet hoping to win, only to be disappointed.. You go sleep empty stomack. cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by Nobody: 11:31pm On Oct 29, 2014
Errrm sorry to long to read

Vote rozzay for miss nairaland 2014
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by chronique(m): 11:54pm On Oct 29, 2014
Merrybet With ur last cash You gotta be kidding me. I don't bet though;don't know how it feels...
01karma:
The hard part of been a bachelor is when your landlord's duagther sneak's into your room for a fast one only to see the landlady on a doggie style! cheesy grin..

The hardest part of been a bachelor is when you use your last cash to play merrybet hoping to win, only to be disappointed.. You go sleep empty stomack. cheesy grin
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by Exjoker(m): 1:34am On Oct 30, 2014
Loneliness... As someone once said, men can withstand man hard circumstances but Loneliness is not one of them
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by foluwatosin: 3:19am On Oct 30, 2014
When u're broke. Spaced booked
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by Nobody: 3:30am On Oct 30, 2014
am i qualified to be called bachelor?
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 30, 2014
[color=#990000][/color]
chronique:
Hi folks!

Errm,I've always wanted to ask this question but I'm always probably too busy to type it. I've always wondered what the hardest part of being a bachelor is. For me,it's cooking. Heaven knows I love home made meals to a fault and I also don't know how to eat outside. If I have to eat out,it would have to be a standard restaurant free from flies,noise and probably dirty looking folks. Somewhere you can't come in and shout while talking;a place where you have to comport yourself and behave properly... Often times,I'm always very occupied and hardly eat out. Even when I get to the so called standard restaurant,I become picky about what to eat. I don't like eating anything soup outside. Most times,I just eat snacks and soft drinks and end up going home to cook dinner. Dinner sometimes,takes up to 2-3 hrs to fix(when I'm making stew most especially). At times,I forget the damn food on the fire and sleep off,only to wake up at midnight and find my kitchen in thick smoke;everything wasted!!! As I type,I just finished making my soup(since around 8pm) but I'm too tired to continue the cooking. There's water on the gas to fix the "solid" to go with the soup but I find it difficult to continue;I'm tired. When I get to a point like this,the hunger usually disappears,only to surface at midnight. Honestly,the day I get hooked,I'd celebrate my freedom from the kicthen;women are trying. Shoutsout to all the women(both good and bad) that can cook properly... You guys rock!

. Normally,I'll just view through & pass,but the part about usually getting tired midway,sleeping off in the process & ur kitchen ending up in smoke,really got me thinking.....sorry bro. Try & get any of ur relatives to always help fix the cooking for u, to last 4 a specific period of time,cos the ' kitchen ending up in smoke' part is a risk factor that must be prevented.
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by spikesC(m): 5:10am On Oct 30, 2014
The cooking is easy, i mostly cook in bulk and freeze it. You need to up your culinary skills bro

What i tend to get worried about is everyone knowing where you live and wanting to visit everyday.
I'd be like, "Dear, this is not a freaking motel nor is it a gaming house for the guys".
Everyone needs his/her space, and unannounced guests is a no no
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by yimikaa: 5:14am On Oct 30, 2014
@op,you're so correct. For the bachelor's, it should be cooking but for the first spinsters can't say.

[quote author=chronique At times,I forget the damn food on the fire and sleep off,only to wake up at midnight and find my kitchen in thick smoke;everything wasted!!![/quote]

grin This is so true. it still happened the to me 3weeks ago
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by Waspy(m): 5:21am On Oct 30, 2014
Cooking....Gaddemit. My diet revolves round Rice, Bread and Junkies. I'm fed up angry angry angry

Intimacy.... Sometimes you just want another warm skin to brush against yours cry cry cry

Planning..... I kinda stall some plans or decisions just because i know someday, some lucky girl will come into the picture

All eligible spinsters shld apply within cool

1 Like

Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by arimahoseloka(m): 5:44am On Oct 30, 2014
Ajebutter
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by 01karma(m): 6:09am On Oct 30, 2014
chronique:
Merrybet With ur last cash You gotta be kidding me. I don't bet though;don't know how it feels...
mhen betting is really cool,that is for the football lovers. My last win was N17,486 for a betting of just N300. But you just need to be active minded.
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by ucheokpara100(m): 6:44am On Oct 30, 2014
Mine is washing my cloths or someone 2 take thm 2 d laundery I wear my cloth and restart wearing thm again no relatives here abroad, I wnt 2 marry in naija wen I'm done wit my studies. I'm studing $ workin lik hell my room is messed up, cookin I 've given up, I 've nt cooked 4 d past 2 years now all d restaurants around knws me (I'm shy)
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by Nobody: 9:11am On Oct 30, 2014
Apparently, the thread is for the bachelors alone
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by Nobody: 9:20am On Oct 30, 2014
chronique:
Hi folks!

O boy, I know you to be busy in the auto section so you never marry? Back to your topic, it's the feeding part o and this feeling of emptiness once in awhile especially at the point of a break through or advancement. Plus this other feeling of expectation, once in awhile I wish someone will just know what I need and do it without been told. Other than that it's cool angry
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by paulemi(m): 10:11am On Oct 30, 2014
Op, i thought i was the only one o sad. For me the hardest part is having to decide everyday on what to eat, and actually cooking the meal after deciding. I make good meals, but its usually a hell of a task cooking; I've found myself cooking in the dead of the night many times because I 'd thought the snacks I must have eaten earlier would hold me till the next day only for me to be woken up by serious hunger at midnight.
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by chronique(m): 11:56am On Oct 30, 2014
embarassed :- guess I just blew my cover.
pasino26:

O boy, I know you to be busy in the auto section so you never marry? Back to your topic, it's the feeding part o and this feeling of emptiness once in awhile especially at the point of a break through or advancement. Plus this other feeling of expectation, once in awhile I wish someone will just know what I need and do it without been told. Other than that it's cool angry
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by chronique(m): 12:00pm On Oct 30, 2014
I cook well but I like taking my time to do things the way I like. For example,I prefer slicing my tomato and pepper for stew(sauce) rather than blending it. So slicing it would normally take time.
spikesC:
The cooking is easy, i mostly cook in bulk and freeze it. You need to up your culinary skills bro

What i tend to get worried about is everyone knowing where you live and wanting to visit everyday.
I'd be like, "Dear, this is not a freaking motel nor is it a gaming house for the guys".
Everyone needs his/her space, and unannounced guests is a no no
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by spikesC(m): 12:28pm On Oct 30, 2014
chronique:
I cook well but I like taking my time to do things the way I like. For example,I prefer slicing my tomato and pepper for stew(sauce) rather than blending it. So slicing it would normally take time.

Then you just have to learn to cook in bulk. You cook varieties when you have the time, then store it in the freezer
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Oct 30, 2014
Still thinking....
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by chronique(m): 8:54am On Nov 09, 2014
Of what?
3cycle:
Still thinking....
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by chronique(m): 8:55am On Nov 09, 2014
Naah;for all.
Mizchief:
Apparently, the thread is for the bachelors alone
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by Nobody: 12:44pm On Nov 09, 2014
chronique:
Of what?
The hardest part of being Single, may be the time when I need to talk to a confidant nd then I discover no one is readily available.

But I think I will soon leave tht stage....
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by justmag(m): 12:52pm On Nov 09, 2014
For starters! I don't want my wife in the kitchen...i rather hire a cook. As a bachelor cooking has been good. Can't really cook alot of nigerian dishes tho. sad sad
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by chronique(m): 2:22pm On Nov 09, 2014
Ok. I do feel that way at times but usually console myself with my work. Married folks should definitely be amongst some of the most privileged folks around...
3cycle:

The hardest part of being Single, may be the time when I need to talk to a confidant nd then I discover no one is readily available.

But I think I will soon leave tht stage....
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by Nobody: 2:28pm On Nov 09, 2014
I think I may just get married and graduate from this. The only way to do that is just the problem. How do I get married?
Re: What's The Hardest Part Of Being A Bachelor/spinster? by BreezyRita(f): 2:30pm On Nov 09, 2014
I'd say loneliness but I'm not Avery emotional person, hope that changes when I'm married sha......

But I'd really love to let someone do the thinking for me for a lil while wink smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

I Need Your Opinions Or Advise Please / Your Childhood Was Poor If You Didn’t Do Any Of This – SEE HERE / Are My The Only Man Who Doesn't Enjoy B.J

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.