Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,831 members, 7,810,200 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:16 PM

FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST (66357 Views)

FG Dumps Cattle Colonies, Asks States To Tackle Herdsmen Themselves- Daily Trust / How States Are Coping In This Recession (See List) / Army Ready To Tackle Niger-Delta Militants (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by BeeBeeOoh(m): 10:52am On Sep 21, 2016
A report by News Telegraph suggests the federal government of Nigeria has concluded plans to sell the nation’s critical assets in order to raise $15 billion to rescue the country out of economic recession.

[size=14pt]Sen. Udo Udoma:[/size]

The report quoted the minister of budget and national planning, Senator Udoma Udo Udoma, confirming the plan at a cabinet retreat hosted at the presidential villa, Abuja.

The federal government has been under pressure for a while to sell of some its assets to raise money to tackle Nigeria’s financial crisis.

[size=14pt]Alhaji Dangote:[/size]

Three days ago, Africa’s richest man, Alhaji Aliko Dangote, joined the calls as he advised the government to embark on a wave of asset selling to boost Nigeria’s recession-hit economy.

This past weekend, Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) governor, Godwin Emefiele, joined in the calls.

His words: “In the short run, we can sell assets. Before the government came on board, I had opined that there was need for the government to scale down or sell off some of its investments in oil and gas, particularly in the NNPC and NLNG as at that time when the price of oil was around $50-$55 per barrel.

“We actually commissioned some consultants that conducted the study and, at the end of that study, we were told that if we sold 10% to 15% of our holding in the oil and gas sector, we could realise up to $40 billion.”

[size=14pt]Sen. Bukola Saraki:[/size]

Yesterday, September 20, Senate president Bukola Saraki, at the resumption of the red chamber’s plenary, urged President Muhammadu Buhari to sell some important national assets as part of efforts to boost the country’s dwindling foreign reserves.

Senate President Bukola urged President Buhari to go ahead and sell the assets

His words: “The executive must raise capital from asset sales and other sources to shore up foreign reserves. This will calm investors, discourage currency speculation and stabilise the economy.

“The measures should include part sale of NLNG Holdings; reduction of government’s share in upstream oil joint venture operations; sale of government stake in financial institutions e.g. Africa Finance Corporation; and the privatization and concession of major/regional airports and refineries.”

NAIJ.com lists 6 key assets that are being considered for sale.

Read below:

1. Government shares in Joint Venture Companies (JVCs)

2. Government shares in Nigeria Liquefied Natural Gas (NLNG)

3. Some aircraft in the presidential fleet

4. Kaduna refinery

5. Warri refinery

6. Port Harcourt refinery

http://www.naij.com/976197-recession-federal-government-sell-6-famous-assets-list.html

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by DaudaAbu(m): 10:55am On Sep 21, 2016
Not convinced

Who need this space? Ftc? Totally overrated

They have forgotten how this same lng bailed them out when they needed it most?

PMB say he is seeking emergency powers to sale off some of the presidential fleet, they are not deliberating about that.

The thunder wey fo fire this saraki ehn, just finish him first bottle of ........

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Nobody: 10:58am On Sep 21, 2016
Senseless NLC will truncate the process.
But they want recession to end

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by seunmsg(m): 11:01am On Sep 21, 2016
They can sell the presidential jet and the three useless refineries. However, they must not touch the country's investment in NLNG and the joint ventures with oil companies.

280 Likes 15 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Godemcee(m): 11:16am On Sep 21, 2016
the government can sell the presidential air-craft nd 3refinery,but they should not sell there shares in NLNG Mr joint stock companies

51 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Goke7: 11:18am On Sep 21, 2016
seunmsg:
They can sell the presidential jet and the three useless refineries. However, they must not the country's investment in NLNG and the joint ventures with oil companies.

NLNG should be a no go area for now o, its better to sell off ajaokuta steel instead

149 Likes 5 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Goke7: 11:21am On Sep 21, 2016
I think the FG is bringing unnecessary panic on itself. Things are not as gloomy as being painted.

The refineries can be sold and all the airports in the country concessioned for a start. Govt has no business running all our airports.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by cckris: 11:22am On Sep 21, 2016
[size=20pt]Any vote for APC supports the SALE of LNG. Nigerians be warned.
[/size]

87 Likes 6 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Thisis2raw(m): 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
They shouldn't try and sell Port Harcourt refinery without the notice of we Rivers people

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by jodavid(m): 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
No matter what they sell,, come 2019,i am voting them out for good

151 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by drizzit(m): 1:17pm On Sep 21, 2016
Was expecting to see Lagos up for sale on the list..... lipsrsealed

29 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Nobody: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2016
Uncle Dangote, Please ride on....its your time.

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Billygee2u: 1:18pm On Sep 21, 2016
BeeBeeOoh:

http://www.naij.com/976197-recession-federal-government-sell-6-famous-assets-list.html

northern agenda unfolding .
sell the expired Nigeria to Dangote.
Northerners, don't think you are clever and smarter than the rest tribes.

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by MadCow1: 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
Hmmm!

Frankly, I am with the Government on the sale of all the refineries and it's shares in the JVC's but definitely not the NLNG.

The refineries are as good as redundant and from the last bid for some jobs my Company bidded for, they are mostly outdated so I am with them on that.. But the NLNG in Bonny should remain under the FG whilst work is expedited on the Brass NLNG as well.

MEANWHILE:: I hope the Niger Deltans with mega cash have started doing there due deligence on these refineries especially those in the region to put forward a competitive bid for the acquisition of these assets. No be the one wey dem go siddon dey look make Hausa and Yoruba business men come buy am now then dem go start to dey shout say Hausa's own refineries in the region. angry

I am sure Dangote by now has the full technical report on those refineries on his table together with the actual value of the refineries in their current state and also how much it would cost him to revamp and revive them. Thats what a proactive businessman does and thats why he is angling that they be sold.

104 Likes 7 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by bligs: 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
Doubting the authenticity of this news until official statement from the presidency.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by SharkTank(m): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
cum in
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by fascowilly(m): 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
they should include lagos-ibadan express way, useless govt with useless people.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by recievesense: 1:19pm On Sep 21, 2016
I buy my car for 2.5m

I sell am for 1.5m

I settle my debt

I go flex

Settle my area guys and my babies dem

Then I start to dey trek

Then later I borrow money buy another car

And the circle continues...........

117 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by hakinze00(m): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by ificatchmodeh: 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
Bubu wan seller properties.. grin
Who com be agent?

Meanwhile..if I say make dem no sale..they no go hear..make the Kuku do wetin dey dia mind..all this our shout fit change anything..
$
Assets wey dem don collect money finish..na just to create awareness make e know look like Say e no legit

Abeg sale quick..make we take stock..everybody to him tent..as restructuring no gree come

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by dhakingpin(m): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
please what if abacha money now, or make we lease buhari gerra

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by rozayx5(m): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
sell the house of reps too cheesy cheesy

its a waste

28 Likes 4 Shares

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by mfm04622: 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
They shouldn't sell any oil asset ooo. They can sell the other 4 useless assets it anybody is stupid enough to buy any of the refineries

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by BeeBeeOoh(m): 1:20pm On Sep 21, 2016
Billygee2u:

northern agenda unfolding
Let's keep calm & watch them with keen interest..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Icecomrade: 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2016

Oya

Dangote, organize your brothers and friends make una raise money go buy all of them. Them done hear wetin you talk.

I no even sure say them think am.

When you buy all of them finish, make you change our country name to Federal Republic of Dangote.

Tell us who go dey rule your empire.

Na sharpness we dey call am

11 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by maverickdude(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
abi this government want to be unfortunate ni

They have not done anything right since coming into power,to sell assets is next.And these stupid people would still mismanage the proceeds from the sale,they just want to run this country down..Oh lawd,akant take dz again embarassed

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Nobody: 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
The federal government should not sell her NLNG shares. I don't trust all these business men and politician saying they should all be sold. Capitalist are bunch of hypocrites who care about nothing except for their own selfish interest! #IHateCapitalism

10 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by tempex88(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
if not for corruption, FG reducing its %tage ownership in all this assets will turn them to money spinners. LASG did it with Eko hotel. Today, we can not compare EKO hotel and Federal Palace Hotel

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by CoolFreeday(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
See where corruption and looting have landed us...

3 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by jmoore(m): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
The vampires have come again to suck Nigeria.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Sell 6 Of Its Famous Assests To Tackle Recession. SEE LIST by Sweetle(f): 1:21pm On Sep 21, 2016
rozayx5:
sell the house of reps too cheesy cheesy

its a waste

Supported. cheesy

13 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ibrahim Babangida Tells Buhari To Step Down In 2019 For Digital Leadership / Buhari Will Die If He Visits Ogoniland - Niger Delta Avengers / Ijaw Youths Disrupt Tompolo’s 46th Birthday Party, Guests Escape Via Windows

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.