Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! (14086 Views)

Man Who Donated His Hotel Building To Catholic Church, Turns Keke Napep Driver / From catholic To "Catholic" And Back To catholic! / Atheist Gives $22.5million To Catholic Church (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
urheme:

Are you sane?
Dead people don't talk, they can't pray for u.

All the dead bodies uprooted by the catholic church, have you seen any of them talk or move,

This is worrisome embarassed

This practice is itching u, why?
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
mmsen:

So your claim is that despite everything what the so called 'word of god' has to say the Catholic Church was granted a license to make up as much dogma as it desires...which would include idolatry and selling access to heaven.

Mental slavery clearly has its appeal but it's lost on me.
I don't really get your position about this issue.
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by wolflair: 12:38pm On Nov 02, 2014
Why do these sinful Catholic pray for the dead? It must be sinful,praying for a bunch of dead people. Here's my reply to them all,those who we all love that must have died,do we not wish them a safe place with God? I'm talking of people who we have lost like fathers,mothers,sisters,brothers,uncles,aunties etc,do we all not wish them well,whereever they maybe now? My question to our fellow Christians,when your G.Os start dying some years from now will you forget them or remember them in your prayers? The Christ Apostolic church still speaks of Apostle Babalola as if he died last night,they fall short of calling him a saint. I hear some people are already saying their GOs won't die but ascend straight to God! Time will tell

1 Like

Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by urheme: 12:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
chinziaski:

This practice is itching u, why?

Nonsense!!!
This your defence to the criminal acts of catholics fishing for dead bodies in the grave yards
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by titoetal(m): 1:19pm On Nov 02, 2014
We need the two wings of REASONING and FAITH to triumph. Where reasoning ends, that's where faith starts.

Christ said, ''I bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for hiding THESE THINGS from the learned and the clever and revealing them to MERE CHILDREN''

2 Pet. 2:10b-13 spoke of false teachers and their accomplices who attack with insults anything they do not understand. Every religion has some mysteries and these no one can understand so Faith is needed here. If we humans can understand everything, then we have become equal with God.
St John in his vision in the book of Revelation spoke of these church's triumphants. There are the church's sufferings and the militants as elucidated by Salc. Christ also spoke of severe and light punishment for two types of servants in St. Lk.12:47-48. Again, in 1 Jn.5:16-17, we were told that sin is sin. However, some sin does not lead to DEATH and we should pray for such. Which death is being talked of here? The person who was opportuned to obtain mercy for such sin that does not lead to death before giving up this physical body, where does he/she goes?

Even the African culture believes and affirms that the ancestors are still alive and watch over the family and are called to support them in their activities.

By faith, we believe the teachings of the Catholic Church on these church's sufferings that we remember today. For those who do not understand this teaching or do not agree with it, you must not know everything but allow us to be. The scripture has warn us before hand what your actions will be.

To All Souls we commemorate today I say, Eternal rest grant unto them oh Lord and may perpetual light shine on them, may their souls rest in peace - Amen.

1 Like

Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by Nobody: 2:09pm On Nov 02, 2014
MacluvPH:
Happy all saints day,am proud to be a catholic.
Me too
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
ladythursday:
Happy all Souls day and happy birthday to me.
Hapi bufday to u.... Hv loads of fun!
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by Nobody: 2:25pm On Nov 02, 2014
May d Soul of my Sweet MUMMY & d oda souls of d faithful departed thru d mercy of God rest in perfect Peace. Amen!!!

1 Like

Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by mmsen: 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
Crispels:

Why can't you just respect other people's faith and belief?

Am not a roman catholic,I attend CAC but common learn to respect other people's belief, If u don't belief in it,Then don't condemn it,Leave them and let them do whatever they like!!!
Simple!

Bad ideas spread much like viruses and disease and can be just as destructive.

If you allow a false idea to flourish by ignoring it you have behaved irresponsibly.

1 Like

Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by urheme: 2:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
titoetal:
We need the two wings of REASONING and FAITH to triumph. Where reasoning ends, that's where faith starts.

Christ said, ''I bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, for hiding THESE THINGS from the learned and the clever and revealing them to MERE CHILDREN''

2 Pet. 2:10b-13 spoke of false teachers and their accomplices who attack with insults anything they do not understand. Every religion has some mysteries and these no one can understand so Faith is needed here. If we humans can understand everything, then we have become equal with God.
St John in his vision in the book of Revelation spoke of these church's triumphants. There are the church's sufferings and the militants as elucidated by the Salc. Christ also spoke of severe and light punishment for two types of servants in St. Lk.12:47-48. Again, in 1 Jn.5:16-17, we were told that sin is sin. However, some sin does not lead to DEATH and we should pray for such. Which death is being talked of here? The person who was opportuned to obtain mercy for such sin that does not lead to death before giving up this physical body, where does he/she goes?

Even the African culture believes and affirms that the ancestors are still alive and watch over the family and are called to support them in their activities.

By faith, we believe the teachings of the Catholic Church on these church's sufferings that we remember today. For those who do not understand this teaching or do not agree with it, you must not know everything but allow us to be. The scripture has warn us before hand what your actions will be.

To All Souls we commemorate today I say, Eternal rest grant unto them oh Lord and may perpetual light shine on them, may their souls rest in peace - Amen.

You call the barbaric act of uprooting dead bodies for the purpose of worship faith

Grave vandalism is not mysterious, is criminal and unreligious

Aficans don't uproot their fore-fathers from their graves for purpose of prayers and worship, they will be sanctioned if they do.

The catholic church need to be sanction for this barbaric practices, is uncivilise and very disturbing to the sight,
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by mmsen: 2:33pm On Nov 02, 2014
chinziaski:

I don't really get your position about this issue.

I'm not surprised.

Xtian doctrine is silly enough but the claims made by the Catholic Church often have no Biblical basis yet are adhered to over 1 billion people, without question.
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by titoetal(m): 2:53pm On Nov 02, 2014
urheme:

You call the barbaric act of uprooting dead bodies for the purpose of worship

Dear, like I pointed out, what you do not understand, seek clarification before you attack.
Catholics, I repeat, Catholics do not worship anything else or being but God. However, if what you perceive in the acts of Catholic faithfuls is worship to you, treat us as you wish. No further explanation.
Peace be with you dear.
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by lawrenceunaa: 2:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
urheme:

Is this a question or an answer,

And this is your defence to a criminal act being parpetrated by the roman catholic church.

Pathetic!!!
if haven't seen when dead body was exhumed then u don't have to prejudice
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by urheme: 3:11pm On Nov 02, 2014
lawrenceunaa:
if haven't seen when dead body was exhumed then u don't have to prejudice

It is not a sight to behold,....disturbing

Every inch of the society at large is affected by this act, these are perilous time and the dangers of other christian denomination uprooting dead bodies and equally calling them saint is eminent, the traditionalist is not left behind either.

We are all prejudiced, this act must be prohibited
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by somcherry(f): 3:18pm On Nov 02, 2014
Happy All saints/souls Day smiley

Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by urheme: 3:26pm On Nov 02, 2014
titoetal:

Dear, like I pointed out, what you do not understand, seek clarification before you attack.
Catholics, I repeat, Catholics do not worship anything else or being but God. However, if what you perceive in the acts of Catholic faithfuls is worship to you, treat us as you wish. No further explanation.
Peace be with you dear.

I am totally against removing dead bodies from their graves and exhibiting in the name of religion, the roman catholic church does it, clearify me,

Do you have any justification for this criminal act?
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by lawrenceunaa: 3:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
urheme:

It is not a sight to behold,....disturbing

Every inch of the society at large is affected by this act, these are perilous time and the dangers of other christian denomination uprooting dead bodies and equally calling them saint is eminent, the traditionalist is not left behind either.

We are all prejudiced, this act must be prohibited
if u re, knw that am not
U re busy dwelling in ur ignorance u haven't even seen where it was done yet u saying trash

Just say it aloud that u re anti-catholic issorit
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by IamTheophilus(m): 3:40pm On Nov 02, 2014
durhh

Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by uzolexis(f): 3:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
nkpommpko:
let the dead bury the dead, spend that time and money helping the living. Haven't you heard the catholics call on the saints to pray for them. Well its their choice, mine is am not celeberating no dead saint
Don't you tell your friends to pray for you sometimes?
Yes we tell saints to pray for us,i'm not telling you to do the same anyway.
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by NmaGOD44(f): 4:29pm On Nov 02, 2014
titoetal:

St John in his vision in the book of Revelation spoke of these church's triumphants. There are the church's sufferings and the militants as elucidated by the Salc. Christ also spoke of severe and light punishment for two types of servants in St. Lk.12:47-48. Again, in 1 Jn.5:16-17, we were told that sin is sin. However, some sin does not lead to DEATH and we should pray for such. Which death is being talked of here? The person who was opportuned to obtain mercy for such sin that does not lead to death before giving up this physical body, where does he/she goes?

amen I say to dat......remembering my dad and brother.......
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by Tobetoe(m): 4:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
Am most glad to be here(all souls day) ... HAppy days ahead... OREMUS

1 Like

Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by titoetal(m): 5:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
NmaGOD44:
amen I say to dat......remembering my dad and brother.......

O dear, may their Souls rest in PEACE - Amen
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by epoxide(m): 5:48pm On Nov 02, 2014
Although its not all about the church but who cares what anybody says! Fact still remains that I love my church and I'm happy and proud to be a member of the Catholic church!

1 Like

Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by Nobody: 7:44pm On Nov 02, 2014
urheme:

Nonsense!!!
This your defence to the criminal acts of catholics fishing for dead bodies in the grave yards
get a job

1 Like

Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by urheme: 7:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
gboru:
get a job

If you are not jobless you won't be here either,

Do you have any defence for the criminal act of roman catholic church vandalizing people's graves in the name of religion?

Let's see
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by Nobody: 8:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
urheme:

If you are not jobless you won't be here either,

Do you have any defence for the criminal act of roman catholic church vandalizing people's graves in the name of religion?

Let's see

And that's your Bussiness ?
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by urheme: 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
gboru:

And that's your Bussiness ?

Nonsense!!
A question is your answer

This is your defence to a barbaric act that is criminal undecided
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
urheme:

Nonsense!!
A question is your answer

This is your defence to a barbaric act that is criminal undecided
go look bush.
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by urheme: 9:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
gboru:
go look bush.

If that is you on that pix with eye glass, men!! You really look bush,

You looked cursed, these dead saint are really at you.

100 percet catholic and you hate truth
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by NmaGOD44(f): 9:56pm On Nov 02, 2014
titoetal:

O dear, may their Souls rest in PEACE - Amen
amen....thanks
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by Nobody: 10:22pm On Nov 02, 2014
urheme:

If that is you on that pix with eye glass, men!! You really look bush,

You looked cursed, these dead saint are really at you.

100 percet catholic and you hate truth

Can't argue with you cus you lack have historical knowledge. Add me on fb pls Gboru Markson Constantine.
Re: Happy All Saints' Day To Catholic: You Too Can Be A Saint! by urheme: 7:29am On Nov 03, 2014
gboru:

Can't argue with you cus you lack have historical knowledge. Add me on fb pls Gboru Markson Constantine.

sad
boring

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Happens After Death? / David Oyedepo Celebrates His 62nd Birthday Today / Spiritual Reasons And Solutions For Delay in Marriage Among Christian Singles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.