Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,560 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:27 PM

Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now (85196 Views)

Why Pastor Bakare Left Deeper Life Church: Television! / Why Pastor Chris Oyakhilome’s Wife Anita Divorced The Christ Embassy Pastor / Why Pastor Chris Miracles May Be Fake. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by zicky(m): 7:45pm On Nov 02, 2014
I think the Op have a point cos if look today redeem, some parish accept ladies wearing trouser to church like some dnt so the division is already der
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Elegbede205(m): 7:46pm On Nov 02, 2014
Kiol

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Ubenedictus(m): 7:47pm On Nov 02, 2014
Melahou:
What can you say about the catholic church in the event of the death of the pope?

i don't think you should be using the catholic church as an example in this issue.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Nobody: 7:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
In my opinion Pastor Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi all need to hand over. They have been there since the 70s.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by IYANGBALI: 7:51pm On Nov 02, 2014
Godsate:
Some people also challenged the emergence of Pastor Adeboye when he was announced as the GO then. But God gave signs to let people know that He was the one that appointed him and backed him up. God will surely back up the next GO and silence anyone or group that want to challenge the plan of God for His church. Like I said, my prayer is for the elders to comply with the will of God and do what God is going to tell them to do. Jesus is Lord.
that was how many decades ago and how big and rich was the church then?we are talking of vampires in pastors' skin that will come for the church's treasury worldwide,you are talking of something else,ask baba Adeboye him too know say some people go fight and start their own new improved redeemed church of Christ if dem no become G O,na who no like better thing?who no want to be called daddy and his wife mummy?sidon there dey preach,I don predict wetin go happen if baba say goodbye today.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by AdeniyiA(m): 7:55pm On Nov 02, 2014
Gordieshegz:

Funny,...and why r u so sure that anyone he hands over to may not die before him?? Just saying...s
o let God do it d way He chooses
Mr, don't limit God and His works.
He created us all and has human substitutes
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by sigolisis: 7:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
Baba Sadela never said God told him that he would live up to 200 years. He only said if God could allow Methuselah lived up to 969yrs old that it is not difficult for God to make him (sadela) live up to only 200yrs without stress since God can do anything he likes and that he (sadela) is not praying not to die but anytime God is ready to take him. He also said God preserves his life to teach the next generation

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Harkindeylee(m): 7:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
Diarris God.[/color][color=#006600]
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by phanter: 8:04pm On Nov 02, 2014
Let God decide
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by drololaaof: 8:13pm On Nov 02, 2014
Thank you but humans are human but God is and will always be God . Thank to Almighty Father through the HOLY SPIRIT that he is still communicating with Pastor Adeboye. The pastors behind this are in haste and gullible. This people see the work they are supposed to supervise it will not be done well roads & building etc
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by toludadon(m): 8:15pm On Nov 02, 2014
rashygenius:
my candid advice..let churhes b operated like d mosques own in terms of finances.....if dt can b done,d positions wont b dt attractive 4 members fighting 4 it

abi una don hear say dem day fite 4 positn 4 mosque

hav u forgotten that they fight and kill for who leads prayer in a mosque?
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by cole265(m): 8:23pm On Nov 02, 2014
Bobbysworld28:
Maybe he needs to start succession plans... to his son!

That one go be gobe o
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by CrazyMan(m): 8:24pm On Nov 02, 2014
rhymz:
Talk of a child. Son, when it comes to leadership, it is political, whether in the church or anywhere else..... There's no leaving it to God and there is no such thing as God is in control. If things are not well spent out, there is bound to be trouble..... A very big one.
Well said.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by cole265(m): 8:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
Ubenedictus:

i don't think you should be using the catholic church as an example in this issue.

Why not?
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by enifex(m): 8:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by johnwell(m): 8:31pm On Nov 02, 2014
AdeniyiA:
in as much as you have some valid points concerning the disintegration of the head church after the death of the GOs,
did you ever ask if God is through with him? if not that some churches have gone commercial, the position of an overseer is not like that of politics ,where the outgoing office holder can choose his successor. This is strictly God's business
I believe that since the church was handed over to him nd has since being waxing strong,it would surely wax stronger when Adeboye is gone .God owns redeem not Adeboye

God Bless You!

Wise words!
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by cole265(m): 8:41pm On Nov 02, 2014
I just love nairaland. I am proud to be associated. God bless all nairalanders. Wishing u all a blessed new month.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by buoye1(m): 8:50pm On Nov 02, 2014
What useless opinion do u av?is he doing ur father's work!let God decide whenever he wants
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by lomprico(m): 8:54pm On Nov 02, 2014
Goshen360:

Where did you learn that's how church is supposed to be run? From the Apostles or the early church? grin
Early church and late church!
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Greatfes17: 8:58pm On Nov 02, 2014
Melahou:
What can you say about the catholic church in the event of the death of the pope?

The way things are handled in the Catholic Community are quiet different from the way other doctrines do.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by farem: 8:59pm On Nov 02, 2014
[color=#000099][/color]
zicky:
I think the Op have a point cos if look today redeem, some perish accept ladies wearing trouser to church like some dnt so the division is already der
God deliver us from these "perish" o
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2014
MNDY:

OMG! Those pictures really sent cold chills down my spine! Life is not fair! I am close to tears! I am deeply touched down to my bone marrows!
What kind of life is one in which while you are struggling for survival on one hand, your life is on a 50-50 chance on the other hand?
Terrorism has come to be a source of great worry to mankind! The world gets worse by the day! A very gross picture that has refused to escape my imagination is the recent decapitation of around 31 Boko-Haram members by CJTF and bringing their heads hung on sticks to be shown to the public for motivation!
I was indecisive on whether to support that act or not! It was terrible an act! Some of the newly captured young men may be among the victims, however, it is an act in the right direction to some extent! Bottom Line: The act may be stepping on Boko-Haram's tail engendering intensified attacks, and the circle goes round and round!
Lord have mercy on mankind OR just help us and fold the world up once and for all!

Amen. Thank you for you very sincere prayers...we have wicked people at the helm of affairs, they are neither Christians or muslims they are of the devil, the thrive in the kingdom of darkness. We must kick them out!

-CramJones
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 02, 2014
Ajibam:
Apostle ayodele babalola wasn't the general overseer, he was simply an evangelist till his death.. His death was not the cause of cac crises!
And for your information, cac has no general overseer..
Get your fact right!

You know the meaning of general overseer? I think that is only obtainable in a church with all branches united under one administrative umbrella. So you are right because cac is not under one admin umbrella.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Rufex07(m): 9:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
rhymz:
Talk of a child. Son, when it comes to leadership, it is political, whether in the church or anywhere else..... There's no leaving it to God and there is no such thing as God is in control. If things are not well spent out, there is bound to be trouble..... A very big one.
A wise statement there!
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Greatfes17: 9:03pm On Nov 02, 2014
larrymoore:
There is no Need for him to hand over, Jesus never handed over. Bless u

But Christ said to Peter
"If you love me, feed my sheep "
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 02, 2014
nnafather:
How much is this your opinon? Na Jonathan cause this kind thing. If say u get job, u for no get time for this kind rubbish post. I swear, u must be a survivor of the last National Immigration Service recruitment. Allah!
Bros, u funny sha but u make sense. Lol!

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by dotna(m): 9:12pm On Nov 02, 2014
bunmioguns:
Nairalanders

Learning never to mind their business since

undecided
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by rhymz(m): 9:28pm On Nov 02, 2014
I laugh when I read people who claim that the church is God's church, what a spiritual mumbo-jumbo to cover up the realities.

God owning a church is a figurative expression, it does not mean the leadership in left in the hands of some unseen deity randomly causing things to happen. The reality is that men make effort and tag God to it.

The said Church has grown so big to the point that it will be a very big problem that will divide the church if the man dies interstate and his deputies and regional heads are left to fill in the gap. I dey laugh all these nonsense talks of God owning the church, na when the church lawyers and investors show una eye go clear about the true ownership.
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by porka: 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
kaorama:
Hand over to who? U tink Church is politics?

Someone (Josiah Olufemi Akindayomi) handed over to him (Enoch Adejare Adeboye), was it [not] politics then?
Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by grandstar(m): 9:30pm On Nov 02, 2014
man made churches will wobble after their founders die. this is not a congregation built by christ.

1 Like

Re: Why Pastor Adeboye Should Hand-Over Now by askakim(m): 9:36pm On Nov 02, 2014
Who told you baba Adeboye doesn't have a successor yet? he may not like him to be public mentioned now,God works in mysterious ways, that man is a wise man ooooooh @op

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

8 Signs You Are Under A Powerful Love Spell / Cameroonian Pastor Caught Having Three-some With 2 Married Women, Paraded Unclad / Lord Chosen Members Protest Against Mrs Juliet's Confession DVD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.