Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,433 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:31 AM

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? (50676 Views)

Tips To Keeping A Good African Man / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By South African Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by cococandy(f): 4:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
Dishwasher: check
Washing machine: check
Epidural: check check check. Oh please check. And add whatever else they can find to that.
Yam pounder: check
Food processor: check.

All hail the President of the lazy wives club.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by cococandy(f): 4:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
moca:
How can one open leg to a man who dey panel beat her?
I mean, how do they do it?

I dont know if i should blame culture or religion or both for d woe that befall women in this part of d world sad
Beating a pregnant woman?
Im not surprised. My cousin beat his own to stupor(8months)bc of his mom.
Wifey fainted and mama left her and went out. Though that episode reset d guy's head sharp sharp.
embarassed
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
My dear, dont feel bad.
Its past tense now. That woman saw hell.
Mama woke up late and didnt check d dining b4 calling d son that wifey dont want to give her food.
Na so son in all anger(very huge guy) rushed home, wifey went to ask if he forgot something and na so he pounced on her and left her in anger. All d time he was pounding her mama remained upstair.
Dude don display finish waka back to office, na so d wicked mama came out, dress up and went to her daughter's place at d other end of d town.
Leaving a pregnant woman who fainted at d front door.
She was so comfy at d daughter's house and nobody suspected anything though d daughter was suspicious as she call d DIL but she didnt pick.
Some hrs later son, came and wisked her away, na so we enter motor follow them. Lo and behold,wifey dey hospital.
Bc of food. Meanwhile food was in d dining waiting for mama. As DIL peeped and saw mama was still sleeping, she left her and went to wash.
Meanwhile mama was waiting for DIL to come and wake her up.
Ezenwanyi.

Guys, pamper ur wives. No when to draw d line btw this mother and wife comparism. Its getting out of hand.
One day one day.............,

16 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 03, 2014
MadCow1:
Yes o!!

Infact... I am in the middle of one serious matter.

Imagine a Man who has the nerve to beat his 7plus month pregnant wife, bundle her into a Car and drives so bad that he gets involved in an accident with her seated in front with no seatbelts on..

Now.. To blow your mind even further, the woman says; "He beats me because that is a weakness he has'.. shocked shocked And against all advice, she has gone back to be with the same animal..

Many people would call her a Good wife.. I call her an emotionally damaged female.

They call it " endurance " even when dating they " test" them the one who " endures" beating, cheating and hitting most are the " good wife materials " the kind of things our sisters decide is standard these days

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by cococandy(f): 5:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
Na wa. cry
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 5:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
aisha2:

They call it " endurance " even when dating they " test" them the one who " endures" beating, cheating and hitting most are the " good wife materials " the kind of things our sisters decide is standard these days

Some men really think like this. I know a man who says that the more a woman takes, the more she loves her man.
And her well-being is less important than his ego being stroked.

I am sure that these men are not aware of the fact that a mentally healthy and stable woman will not let anyone mistreat her, no matter how much she loves the person.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by tpia6: 5:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
aisha2:

My apologies for the previous reference. However, i beg to differ, i am not talking about suffering people i have seen men who will buy the latest gadgets yet hold on to archaic views even when their wives can afford it themselves the women have to do strong head and buy the items themselves and meet strong resistance from their husbands who insist of doing it the local way.

I respect hard work so saying i look on suffering is not what am doing

whatever works for each household.

washing machine did not use to be a staple in nigeria- its a recent appliance so of course not everyone will be used to it.

personally, i prefer washing clothes by hand if the laundry is not too much. Back home in nigeria it was fun.

and drying the clothes in fresh air outside is also good.

However, one must adapt with the times hence most nigerians do their laundry via machine which btw is configured for lord knows what, not only washing.

although it seems nigeria has hand or battery powered washers?

as for yam pounder- the one pounded by hand tastes better.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 5:32pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Some men really think like this. I know a man who says that the more a woman takes, the more she loves her man.
And her well-being is less important than his ego being stroked.

I am sure that these men are not aware of the fact that a mentally healthy and stable woman will not let anyone mistreat her, no matter how much she loves the person.

My own is the women who accept this. I may have no control over how you decide to treat me but i can certainly decide if i am going to accept it. I once caught an ex with a babe he sent her home while apologising to ne, no gree me go yet she kept calling to beg, beg for what na God know, he was cheating on her too, sent her away yet she was begging and declaring love.

cococandy:
Dishwasher: check
Washing machine: check
Epidural: check check check. Oh please check. And add whatever else they can find to that.
Yam pounder: check
Food processor: check.
All hail the President of the lazy wives club.

Ole you wan steal my presidency

5 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by pickabeau1: 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
Must these tales be recycled all to denigrate men?

As has been correctly noted, washing mc is penetrating gradually.

In less than 5 years, it will be a household staple

Domestic abuse is to be condemned irrespective of gender

But it has go go down to male bashing....OK

NL .....bashing naija men since 1960

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by cococandy(f): 5:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
aisha2:

Ole you wan steal my presidency
lol. I think I'm the president grin. No kids to take my time and attention,why can't I just hand wash jeans? Lazy lazy me.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 5:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
cococandy:
lol. I think I'm the president grin. No kids to take my time and attention,why can't I just hand wash jeans? Lazy lazy me.

I am the President jare. Before we married ny mother in law visited, she was shocked i had a maid even before marriage and kids and when she said so i told her yes oh, your son got one for me because he said Saturday is for dates and rest not for cleaning, washing and cooking. Na so she look me,matter end, case closed

8 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Crispels(m): 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ok
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by martinnwani(m): 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
What's your definition of suffering
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by ToyozzieTohBad(f): 5:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
Of course no!

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by eleko1: 6:04pm On Nov 03, 2014
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by nairaman66(m): 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
Watching!
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by bukatyne(f): 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
pickabeau1:
Must these tales be recycled all to denigrate men?

As has been correctly noted, washing mc is penetrating gradually.

In less than 5 years, it will be a household staple

Domestic abuse is to be condemned irrespective of gender

But it has go go down to male bashing....OK

NL .....bashing naija men since 1960

In this case, it is the husbands that will be bashed if necessary

Besides no husband bashing, just stating facts.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by nairaman66(m): 6:06pm On Nov 03, 2014
martinnwani:
What's your definition of suffering

Nice comment man..
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by tpia6: 6:07pm On Nov 03, 2014
what exactly gives people the right to bash other people's homes (and decisions) for no valid reason?

idleness or something else?

the op was very militant on her epidural thread, i was wondering, is she fighting somebody or what?

so anyone who does not follow your own choices and lifestyle is your enemy? That's a very freakish way of thinking.

just saying.

some nl females do get ahead of themselves, the site makes people feel on top of the world.

9 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
bukatyne:

In this case, it is the husbands that will be bashed if necessary
Besides no husband bashing, just stating facts.

And my sisters keep falling for this circle of endless banter. grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
Nashville:
Not sure why you have created this thread. Is this supposed to be another man bashing thread or are you mocking the suffering of Nigerians in general. Do you really feel the average Nigerian family can very easily afford these gadgets.

There are lots of people who can afford to buy these but I'm not sure they are the majority of Nigerians. You need to travel round Nigeria more.

Lastly, a woman can also buy these things herself, afterall women, and men are equally educated these days. So why wait for a man to buy for her?
Guilty conscience grin

5 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Onyiibazz: 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
I came here to read comments!
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by bukatyne(f): 6:09pm On Nov 03, 2014
aisha2:

And my sisters keep falling for this circle of endless banter. grin grin grin grin grin grin

I no dey fall for anything o!

LOL!

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by dabossman(m): 6:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
I don't think wives are expected to suffer to be labelled "good". However, nobody loves a fair weather friend. After all, you would consider the friend who sticks to you through good and bad as being a true friend.

On technological advancements making women lazy, I don't know what circles you move in, but I don't think any husband will consider buying a washing machine, blender, gas cooker, microwave oven and such as making his wife lazy. Where the problem may arise is if the poor man can't afford those appliances and the wife refuses to do any chores because of that. She obviously knew his financial status before she married him, so why the fuss if it is obvious he can't afford some of these appliances. The two of you should just find a way to do your chores manually.

5 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by ochallo: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
One thing I have learnt is that anything you do continuously for years and you don't get any benefit from it, can be easily assigned to someone else, you need to stop getting your sense of productivity and responsibility from chores. Washing , sweeping , cleaning even if done for 20 years is neither quantifiable or rewarding. We in Africa have being raised to believe these things are the most important whereas, having a job for 20 years would get you a promotion, job experience, skill development and so many other things.

24 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
jjy:

Guilty conscience grin

Nah, he is a pretty decent guy, he just finds it hard to believe some men could be that mean to their families.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Anwasia(m): 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
Op are u for real ?
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lawrenceunaa: 6:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
5minsmadness:
And besides, watching TV doesn't make u lazy, its the amount of time you spend in front of it.
u correct joor
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Bitojoe(m): 6:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
I beg you in the name of God.if your husband love pounded Yam,better pound it for him.even if you can't pound,learn how to pound.otherwise,there is one tiny lady eyeing your husband.

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by omoiseselagba: 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
aisha2:
I have noticed that a woman is mostly expected to suffer before she is referred to as a good wife or sweet mother.
The story or picture of a sweet mother is usually one who suffers so much for so long.

One funny thing is that any technological innovation that aims to make womens life easier is strongly resisted and women who use these called lazy.

Funny thing those complaining will always rush technological gadgets like they phones they use to comment. They will use calculator instead of calculating with their brains yet it doesnt make them lazy. They will have the newest cars, instead of bicycles or treking like their likewise hard working fathers and ancestors. They will use clippers instead of razor as used by grandfathers, they will wear all the desinger wriat watches instead of standing under the sun to check time. They will eat processed food and meat unstead of going to farm for food, hunt for it or fish like their own fathers did.
Here are some most resisted technological innovations

1. Yam pounder: lazy women cant pound common yam for 4 people they cant pound. My mother used to pound for all 3 wives and 38 children without getting tired.

Gas cooker: lazy women, what happened to firewood. Our mothers went 10 kilometres to get firewood yet you want me to spend 4 k every month on gas.

Washing machine: how many clothes are you washing self? My mother had 9 kids and handwashed all their ckothes in the stream

Epidural: this is the height of laziness, if my mother can have 10 kids at home on her own why cant you push out 4 by yourself?

Dish washer: why did i marry you? What will you be doing while machine is washing plates for you? grin
women are no slaves.i biliv in freedom.i biliv in 50 50.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by whizfache(m): 6:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
i
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by smokescreen4: 6:16pm On Nov 03, 2014
Bitojoe:
I beg you in the name of God.if your husband love pounded Yam,better pound it for him.even if you can't pound,learn how to pound.otherwise,there is one tiny lady eyeing your husband.
you think pounding the yam would stop the tiny lady or the husband?

9 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Nigerian Dad Politely Rejects His Daughter’s N10k Father’s Day Gift (Video) / My Dad Has Refused To Rest In Peace Because Of His Monetary Vow In Church / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.