Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,501 members, 7,819,817 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:39 AM

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? - Family (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? (50760 Views)

Tips To Keeping A Good African Man / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By South African Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 8:49pm On Nov 03, 2014
bellong:

One of the dumbest statements people make.

Why are you ladies always bitter about men?

What informed this your unproven statement?
If you aint one of them, why are you disturbed?
And if that eyes of yours works well, you would have noticed I didn't make a sweeping statement/generalization.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by armyofone(m): 8:50pm On Nov 03, 2014
A good African wifey should only do missionary style. Don't ever show the thing sweet you. lipsrsealed
Aisha, kin mata the most important thing fa.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 8:51pm On Nov 03, 2014
armyofone:
A good African wifey should only do missionary style
Aisha, kin mata the most important thing fa.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin I haff died!

Thread closed!!!
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Ibotex(m): 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2014
Aitee1:

Bible isn't encouraging such but agree with me for once that most people do a lot of follow follow with religion a very few are wise enough to look up scriptures on their own to prove a point and even when they are convince about it being otherwise they can't own it up the fact cos of fear of rejection from family and society so at the end they just join the multitude. 90% of religious ppl indirectly worship their leaders instead of directing their worship to God cos they refuse to reason things on their own they see the mortal man(religious leaders) as their brain most times. For instance most women run to church when their husband batter them instead correcting their wrongs together first.

Let me pause there b4 my dear friend will assume I'm an athiest grin

I agree with u. But I see it as a societal problem rather than religious.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 8:55pm On Nov 03, 2014
naijababe:

I am so disappointed in you! What kind of sexist post is this?

Just don't be because I dislike people playing the victim card.

If men want women to suffer, how come they created these gadgets?
Alot of women whine about too many things, yet they haven't created any themselves..

Funny enough, majority of these gadgets were created/imported by these same men into Nigeria, majority of the gadgets are being bought by these same men in their homes..

I just do not like reading articles like this.

I may have used the word "women" but I actually meant the women whining and screaming on this board and not the total women at large.

5 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Alot of women whine about too many things, just they haven't created any themselves..

Funny enough, majority of these gadgets were created/imported by these same men into Nigeria, majority of the gadgets are being bought by these same men in their homes..

Really?! You know this how?

I may have used the word "women" but I actually meant the women whining and screaming on this board and not the total women at large.

You those men imported those just for the pleasure making life easy for women, nothing to do with profiting abi?

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Alot of women whine about too many things, just they haven't created any themselves..

Which of these gadgets were invented by Nigerian men? Please, I have to say this because we are not talking about foreign men here.
I can't imagine a Western man saying that a woman who uses a washing machine is lazy. Like I said, it is only in this part of the world that people can come up with such statements in this day and age.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
Is it that relationships/marriages these days are very shaky or what? These days all I see on nairaland are "should I cook for boyfriend? Should I sleep with boyfriend? Things men consider before committing? E.t.c." Abeg this is becoming pathetic. Mods make una try nah. Is it every trashy thread that u must move to front page? A lot of girls' marriages will fail because of these nonsense threads, some don't know how to separate e-life from reality. A lot of insecure human beings on NL.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by macof(m): 8:59pm On Nov 03, 2014
Shirley07:

Two condracting sentences. I could swear some peeps are dumb!

And where's the contradiction you slowpoke?
molding love and unity as a responsibility of the first wife is contradiction to ur plankton brain?

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Nov 03, 2014
MadCow1:

Many of them underestimate the tolerance many women are putting up with in marriages..

The case of the new mother, she actually broke out I tears I the middle of sex with her husband because she felt like she was being molested by him.. How do you smack your wife around, call her names like whoore, sllut and biitch and then later stick your phallus into her.. Imagine the suffering a woman like that has to go through.. Pounding yams and washing a kitchen full of pots and pans pales in comparison to this type of suffering.

Disgusting and pathetic. i am glad some women have come to be aware of what they want and the limit within which they can take certain maltreatment. It is left for every woman to love herself first, be wise even though everyone else is foolish and take charge of her life or else, she will be left behind to lick her wounds.

Tolerance from women is very often taken for granted because it is an expectation from every woman and so it isnt seen as anything special or extraordinary. Which is why Emotional blackmail meted on women is very easy and common. It is believed a woman would have no choice than to be tolerant perhaps she has nowhere else to go, she is not financially capable, fears being a divorcee, else some other woman would take her place. Women are constantly placed in stiff competition with themselves and they, being the gullible gender, play along and take every ridiculous belief hook line and sinker. Everything is messed up jare.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

@bold

Are you serious?

Women are not represented in science, economics and politics and all of them are so ignorant that they don't care how the world around them works?

More, all of them are interested in celebrity gossip?

And how have you helped to

- stop global warming

- cure AIDS and EBOLA

- and reduce the unemployment rate?

Hehehe women like?

ok let me drop that part of this discussion so it doesn't turn to something else..

You want to know how I have helped?

It's numerous but I don't need telling you here..

All I want to know is why do some women whine on virtually everything?

If you have gadgets for everything in the house, still have a maid, what should I call you? Queen Elizabeth?

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by bukatyne(f): 9:01pm On Nov 03, 2014
ferdimako:

You want better things but your maid is suffering from you.

Maid ke?

I prefer having necessary stuffs @home or hubby & I working our asses off than having a maid

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by bellong: 9:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
Shirley07:

If you aint one of them, why are you disturbed?
And if that eyes of yours works well, you would have noticed I didn't make a sweeping statement/generalization.

What method of data collection/analysis did you employ to arrive at your statement.

It is not until one is affected before an error is pointed out.

Sweeping statement/generalization is not limited to when you use "all, everybody, everyone..etc.." When you make a bold statement from assumption and without concrete or scientific proof, it is not different from sweeping statement.

So, desist from making unconfirmed/beer parrlour comment when backing is needed.

5 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by crowniran(m): 9:08pm On Nov 03, 2014
life is getting advance each day....a good wife is a wife DAT supports his husband in good nd bad times....thru thick and thin....hot and cold....supports her husband mentally and physically

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Hehehe women like?

ok let me drop that part of this discussion so it doesn't turn to something else..

You want to know how I have helped?

It's numerous but I don't need telling you here..

All I want to know is why do some women whine on virtually everything?

If you have gadgets for everything in the house, yet still have a maid, what should I call you? Queen Elizabeth?

So you don't know Angela Merkel, Hillary Clinton, Margret Thatcher, Queen Elizabeth I and II, Marie Curie, Grace Hopper, Folorunsho Alakija?

@bold

Such statements can only be made in this part of the world. undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:10pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Which of these gadgets were invented by Nigerian men? Please, I have to say this because we are not talking about foreign men here.
I can't imagine a Western man saying that a woman who uses a washing machine is lazy. Like I said, it is only in this part of the world that people can come up with such statements in this day and age.

Have you ever been to the trade fair before? go there to see what Nigerian men created for the good of the society.

okra slicer
onion slicer
yam pillar
pondoyam
dry grounded elubo
tomato slicer
e.t.c

Go there and see for yourself, Nigerian men created these items

No one is saying using a washing machine makes you lazy (my younger bro uses it) but when you make it a priority even if you don't have the means or refuse to wash because you don't have one, then you are lazy.

if you can afford it, buy it and use, those that cant afford it are not wicked to their wives..

If your husband does not want to buy it, go ahead and buy it for yourself and use it. not everything has to turn into "bad men, wicked husband" e.t.c, it's sickening!

5 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by gbodimowo(m): 9:11pm On Nov 03, 2014
Carry on
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Nov 03, 2014
naijababe:

You too Shymexx?! shocked So how much do i save by hand-washing my dishes and clothes, bearing in mind that I can be efficient about how I use them? Just asking ni o

Leave ya forex and get into the kitchen! angry
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 03, 2014
oyb:

Leave ya forex and get into the kitchen! angry

Yes sir! Please can you help me cut the veggies while I pound the yam in the food processor and heat the stew in the microwave.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by smokescreen4: 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
Bitojoe:

a woman must cook her husband best food.if pounded Yam is his best.remember, the service you can't render at home to your husband or wife,there is someone else outside ready to serve better.
Abegi una too like to use that one threaten women, na today make hin go na, even the one dat feeds her husband like king still dey lose the man to tiny legged girls. We no send again no body dey put husband for head dis days again.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Have you ever been to the trade fair before? go there to see what Nigerian men created for the good of the society.

okra slicer
onion slicer
yam pillar
pondoyam
dry grounded elubo
tomato slicer
e.t.c

Go there and see for yourself, Nigerian men created these items

No one is saying using a machine machine makes you lazy (my younger bro uses it) but when you make it a priority even if you don't have the means or refuse to wash because you don't have one, then you are lazy.

if you can afford it, buy it and use, those that cant afford it are not wicked to their wives..

If your husband does not want to buy it, go ahead and buy it for yourself and use it. not everything has to turn into "bad men, wicked husband" e.t.c, it's wickening!

I don't think these are Nigerian inventions but anyway.

@bold

Oh yes, people do, right on this thread!
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
iyabodeh:
I don't understand.
Since when does having a washing machine while he takes salary advance to get an iphone6 become a problem?

When did having a pounder when he wants a dstv decoder that records uefa leagues became an issue?

This isn't about being lazy. This is about being strategic. You make the soup while the pounder is pounding; time saving things. grin

You put the laundry in the machine while you are supervising Jekinyo's assignment and at the same time shredding the 'efo tete'; multi tasking. smiley

If a man wants me to pound with mortar, no wahala now. He go dey put the yam as I dey pound. No way is he going to sit his arse in front of the television while I exhaust myself so he can chop poundo. And if I hear, 'he has been working all day' argument, I will scream!! Duh! Who dey jobless na? Even a housewife has the most tasking job sef.

If I don't get a dish washer, he doesn't get an electric shaver. Simple.

It's not femininity, it's just fairness.
Where u dey when he built the house? Did you meet him homeless...so nothing in his kitchen when you sneaked in his life? If you can afford all get all. Don't put pressure on the man.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:15pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

So you don't know Angela Merkel, Hillary Clinton, Margret Thatcher, Queen Elizabeth I and II, Marie Curie, Grace Hopper, Folorunsho Alakija?

@bold

Such statements can only be made in this part of the world. undecided

Please what exactly are you doing in the house since the maid and the gadgets end up doing the whole thing self?

You can call it whatever name you like, but I don't get..
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by bukatyne(f): 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
MadCow1:

Many of them underestimate the tolerance many women are putting up with in marriages..

The case of the new mother, she actually broke out I tears I the middle of sex with her husband because she felt like she was being molested by him.. How do you smack your wife around, call her names like whoore, sllut and biitch and then later stick your phallus into her.. Imagine the suffering a woman like that has to go through.. Pounding yams and washing a kitchen full of pots and pans pales in comparison to this type of suffering.

Thanks for been objective

Yes, there are very good husbands but some guys are just lipsrsealed

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Please what exactly are you doing in the house since the maid and the gadgets end up doing the whole thing self?

You can call it whatever name you like, but I don't get..

If I was Angela Merkel, I'd be too busy running the largest economy in Europe grin

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by 50calibre(m): 9:17pm On Nov 03, 2014
We have to be careful not to forget out roots.. We are Africans, we've survived in the jungle for centuries without technology.

The problem is; we Africans overdo things, we get carried away too easily. Technology doesn't justify laziness, I know times are changing, yet we've got to be mindful lest we become casualties of the technological revolution.

People hardly communicate these days because they're too busy on their gadgets.. You're going to sit down to chat with your girlfriend/boyfriend but they'd be too busy fiddling with their phone.

Technology is good but it is drastically changing human behaviour due to overuse.

If the Queen of England can wash dishes with her hands once in a while (yes Queen Elizabeth) I see no reason why any woman on the planet shouldn't, more so an African woman.

Personally, I like to see a woman get her hands dirty once in a while, domestic dexterity is an admirable virtue in women, it reaffirms their motherhood skills.

In the days of our fore fathers, women will cook, wash, take care of her flock, when her husband returned from hunting, fishing or whatever he does, she'd serve him his food & on top of all these, still fuc*k him in the night.

I don't care how easy technology has made our lives, if I discover the appliances in the house is fostering laziness in my wife, I'm taking them away.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

@bold

Don't even marry to avoid disappointments. Men try to have their bloodline going not that women are good people.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
macof:

molding love and unity as a responsibility of the first wife is contradiction to ur plankton brain?
Love and unity doesn't exist in a polygamous home because a man who put his family into such situation is a selfish man who has no love for his family in the first place yet according to an imbecïle like you, the first wife is expected to do the tedious act of bonding the family when it's obvious that home is a dilapitated home already.
However, you later claimed in another statement that africa women do not suffer. Even a 2 yrs child won't reason like this, jungle man!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
macof:

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:19pm On Nov 03, 2014
iyabodeh:
Icherishu, no mind them. They can just be stubborn for no reason. Absolutely no cogent reason. The reasons are so flimsy. I go ask my uncles if they do same. And i'll plan with the wives to start buying meat with bones for them. grin hehehe. Then they will know say no be yam beans to be a homemaker.

I'm not a fan of stay-in maids though.
Stubborn is an understatement when it comes to these things. Some men will label you lazy for not doing what their mum did.

My grouse is with the men who can afford it yet they won't but embrace technology. Buy modern day phones, I haven't found them queuing on NITEL phone boot to make call. Even buying modern cars that you can reverse without looking at your side mirror cos the screen is in front of you. Why not drive beetles after all your dad drove them.

Most women are working class women now that won't have time to do all the chores, take care of the kids, cook and still keep the house spankling clean.

Well if you don't do live in maids. Get someone that comes and goes. I personally can't handle children alone. So come and go helps won't pay me. I love my rest.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:20pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

@bold

Yes go and see for yourself, Nigerian men are creating things to make cooking and life better for our women and Nigeria at large, yet all they get is bashing left and right.

Create things or better still buy them for yourself if you are with a man who doesn't want to buy them abi wetin na.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

My Adulterous Wife Threw Me Out Of My Home And Moved In Her Lover-Ibadan Man / Woman Accuses Maid Of Stealing Her Husband With Charms / "Village People Can Die Now" - Man As He Boasts About Brother’s White Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.