Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,839 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:15 AM

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? (50763 Views)

Tips To Keeping A Good African Man / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By South African Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Aitee1: 9:21pm On Nov 03, 2014
Ibotex:

I agree with u. But I see it as a societal problem rather than religious.

I agree to disagree with u! religion is a western scam!!! Why can't we stick to our custom and tradition the way we do retain our forefathers names must we copy??

If u check well all these ruling misleading religions originated from.the west.

Meaning we are still being colonized by them one way or the other...they reason over there and send down directives for us here and we foolishly follow without making use of our thinkinv faculties.

If we were to hold onto our tradition and customs I doubt if things wld have been these WILD!!!

All our women want now is equality cos that's what the west shoved down their throat forgeting that it their norm.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I don't think these are Nigerian inventions but anyway.

@bold

Oh yes, people do, right on this thread!

Yes go and see for yourself, Nigerian men are creating things to make cooking and life better for our women and Nigeria at large, yet all they get is bashing left and right.

Create things or better still buy them for yourself if you are with a man who doesn't want to buy them abi wetin na.

I do not have a washing not because I don't have the funds to get it but because I just don't like the way machine washed clothes look.. my siblings have it at home, told me to get but I don't like it, that does not mean I won't let my wife get it or even buy for her.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
smokescreen4:
Abegi una too like to use that one threaten women, na today make hin go na, even the one dat feeds her husband like king still dey lose the man to tiny legged girls. We no send again no body dey put husband for head dis days again.

No mind am jare!! Na im type all these small small girls dey deceive empty their bank account sef. Deceiving themselves that the grass is greener on the other side. Who be that f00lish man wey go divorce person because of pounded yam? E dey craze? Make e go marry jezebel. All these girls wey their eye don tear finish. All these scare tactics of another woman taking a woman's place if she doesnt do bla bla bla is too stale and is for women who have no direction and purpose in life. Who cares these days? Dem dey carry man matter for head again? How can your life be all about pleasing a human made of dust just like you? Its boring and mentally tasking!!! when you've got better things to worry about, When you've got kids to give you joy, impact on the lives of others who need it, a job to soak yourself into, places to explore around the world. Woe unto that woman who tries it. That woman go die o. mctewwwwwww.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Please what exactly are you doing in the house since the maid and the gadgets end up doing the whole thing self?

You can call it whatever name you like, but I don't get..

I am working and making money, further educating myself, having hobbies, taking care of my loved ones, doing some charity work.

The topic is not about women who have 24 / 7 maids though and even if they did, why shouldn't a maid use a washing machine and a dish washer?
They save time, they save water, they clean better, they are more hygienic.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:23pm On Nov 03, 2014
50calibre:
We have to be careful not to forget out roots.. We are Africans, we've survived in the jungle for centuries without technology.

The problem is; we Africans overdo things, we get carried away too easily. Technology doesn't justify laziness, I know times are changing, yet we've got to be mindful lest we become casualties of the technological revolution.

People hardly communicate these days because they're too busy on their gadgets.. You're going to sit down to chat with your girlfriend/boyfriend but they'd be too busy fiddling with their phone.

Technology is good but it is drastically changing human behaviour due to overuse.

If the Queen of England can wash dishes with her hands once in a while (yes Queen Elizabeth) I see no reason why any woman on the planet shouldn't, more so an African woman.

Personally, I like to see a woman get her hands dirty once in a while, domestic dexterity is an admirable virtue in women, it reaffirms their motherhood skills.

In the days of our fore fathers, women will cook, wash, take care of her flock, when her husband returned from hunting, fishing or whatever he does, she'd serve him his food & on top of all these, still fuc*k him in the night.

I don't care how easy technology has made our lives, if I discover the appliances in the house is fostering laziness in my wife, I'm taking them away.

Please I don't mind doing without technology if you go hunting to bring me bush meat and fresh from the river. Cos you can't take away the things that are making me comfortable yet I go to market to buy red meat. Mbanu

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 9:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
bellong:

What method of data collection/analysis did you employ to arrive at your statement.

It is not until one is affected before an error is pointed out.

Sweeping statement/generalization is not limited to when you use "all, everybody, everyone..etc.." When you make a bold statement from assumption and without concrete or scientific proof, it is not different from sweeping statement.

So, desist from making unconfirmed/beer parrlour comment when backing is needed.
I don't need that when the usual suspects are already showing themselves.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
naijababe:

If I was Angela Merkel, I'd be too busy running the largest economy in Europe grin

The economy a man laid down for her to run, an economy where those surrounding her are majorly men.. check her cabinet to see for yourself.

Like I said, I no wan go deep into that aspect so we don't turn here upside down.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Yes go and see for yourself, Nigerian men are creating things to make cooking and life better for our women and Nigeria at large, yet all they get is bashing left and right.

Create things or better still buy them for yourself if you are with a man who doesn't want to buy them abi wetin na.

I do not have a washing not because I don't have the funds to get it but because I just don't like the way machine washed clothes look.. my siblings have it at home, told me to get but I don't like it, that does not mean I won't let my wife get it or even buy for her.

Good point. I agree.

This is, however, only possible when a man decides to stay at home and look after the children when they are any so that the woman can work. wink

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
Wetin? Na for road I dey sleep ba? Which pressure? If he can get himself new gadgets, he can get mine too. Atleast not whine If I do get it myself. No be only sneaked, na tiptoed. grin where he dey when I dey get trained to be a home maker. The breakage or stance of a home is the woman ooo. If you don't treat her right, then there will be issues. So give her a time out. If a machine helps; why the hell not get it for her!!! Buy am in your name if na there the problem dey na. Shikena. grin

ferdimako:

Where u dey when he built the house? Did you meet him homeless...so nothing in his kitchen when you sneaked in his life? If you can afford all get all. Don't put pressure on the man.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 03, 2014
Sophyrocks:
That is the Nigerian context of a good african wife, a good wife material. she must be willing to put her life on the line for the sake of her family, most of the time for her husband. she must be willing to swallow all sorts of stds, must be willing to go through emotional stress for long periods using prayer as an antidote for any problem. The longer the stress, the more stronger and virtuous she is seen to be. My people, did the bible ever describe a virtuous woman as one who suffers? Is God in supporrt of the suffering of humans?

She must be willing to be a deaf and dumb woman somewhat equivalent to a puppet or baby doll. Yet She must still be the one to hold the family together no matter what (now you wonder where the function of the so called 'Head' of family comes in). She must break her back and go through all sorts of iniquities so that she can be viewed as a 'wife material'. To the average nigerian, Marriage is pain, pain is love. That is why you see mentally unstable men who deliberately make their wives and even children, suffer. Sometimes it is done to prove a point. Such men believe that since their mothers suffered in the hands of their fathers, therefore, their wives must suffer. that is why you hear statements like "Our mothers went through this or that, why can't you go through the same"? Always comparing women with their mothers. My people, can two people from different backgrounds ever be alike? is it possible for two generations that are apart to be simiilar in choices and orientations?

After going through all these stress and tribulations, she is still expected not to change physically but to remain a sweet 16 and her s*e*x*ual prowess in bed must be top notch. My people, is this ever possible?

you lie, my mom is no 1 best african woman in the world. my mom is a stay at home mom she took care of the home, dad work 8am-5pm, tell me what you expect from a man that work that long hours?
does that mean my mom wasn't suppose to be the house keeper?.

1 Like

ferdimako:

Don't even marry to avoid disappointments. Men try to have their bloodline going not that women are good people.

Sorry, but your post does not make any sense to me.

1 Like

Sophyrocks:

SIMPLE!! If a man likes, let him cuss and cuss and call you lazy. Na lie o!!! You better get gadgets to make life easy for you o. I plan to get myself a washing machine before getting married sef. Me pound yam? For wetin? grin grin grin Poundo all the way jare!! Look me well well. I dnt like stress and any man i marry cannot stress me o. Civilisation, science and technology rocks jare!!!
Please buy it if you can afford it. It makes washing a whole lot easier. When you have kids you will know it is a necessary evil.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
naijababe:

If I was Angela Merkel, I'd be too busy running the largest economy in Europe grin

And Okonjo / Maduekwe nko?

The economy a man laid down for her to run, an economy where those surrounding her are majorly men.. check her cabinet to see for yourself.

Like I said, I no wan go deep into that aspect so we don't turn here upside down.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

No need to go too deep. I can see where you are going already.............but kai!!!!
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
naijababe:

Exactly! grin

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:28pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Good point. I agree.

This is, however, only possible when a man decides to stay at home and look after the children when they are any so that the woman can work. wink

Now this is funny, how many educated men stop their wives from making money?

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Come again? shocked
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:29pm On Nov 03, 2014
cheesy
Had a conversation with a man who claims that he WILL NEVER buy a washing machine for his future wife and who says he will NEVER eat poundo yam because any woman he marries should know how to pound yam.
I just laughed.
Obviously, some men still think they are the best thing since slice bread.
As for me, I will use my money to buy whatever will make life easier for me if the man refuse to do so.
I don't care if my wife material is 2 yards or 0.5 yards.

And it's funny that these men who sleep around and have no respect for womanhood wants to be treated like kings.

I know Naija Women will see the light soon, it may only take time smiley

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:30pm On Nov 03, 2014
naijababe:

No need to go too deep. I can see where you are going already.............but kai!!!!

Hence the reason I said we should not go deep.

My point is that alot of women should stop whining, if you like gadgets and your man doesn't want to get them for you, buy them yourself.

But if the man still stops you from using them, then you married a bad apple which in truth is the quality of your decisions.

4 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
iyabodeh:
Wetin? Na for road I dey sleep ba? Which pressure? If he can get himself new gadgets, he can get mine too. Atleast not whine If I do get it myself. No be only sneaked, na tmiptoed. grin where he dey when I dey get trained to be a home maker. The breakage or stance of a home is the woman ooo. If you don't treat her right, then there will be issues. So give her a time out. If a machine helps; why the hell not get it for her!!! Buy am in your name if na there the problem dey na. Shikena. grin

I see a lot of divorcees, baby mamas and widowers. But why funding your lifestyle my problem?
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
50calibre:
We have to be careful not to forget out roots.. We are Africans, we've survived in the jungle for centuries without technology.

The problem is; we Africans overdo things, we get carried away too easily. Technology doesn't justify laziness, I know times are changing, yet we've got to be mindful lest we become casualties of the technological revolution.

People hardly communicate these days because they're too busy on their gadgets.. You're going to sit down to chat with your girlfriend/boyfriend but they'd be too busy fiddling with their phone.

Technology is good but it is drastically changing human behaviour due to overuse.

If the Queen of England can wash dishes with her hands once in a while (yes Queen Elizabeth) I see no reason why any woman on the planet shouldn't, more so an African woman.

Personally, I like to see a woman get her hands dirty once in a while, domestic dexterity is an admirable virtue in women, it reaffirms their motherhood skills.

In the days of our fore fathers, women will cook, wash, take care of her flock, when her husband returned from hunting, fishing or whatever he does, she'd serve him his food & on top of all these, still fuc*k him in the night.

I don't care how easy technology has made our lives, if I discover the appliances in the house is fostering laziness in my wife, I'm taking them away.

Africans overdo things and bastardise everything out there, with primitiveness. Hence I will never help a naija family move house - tried once with one of my aunts and regretted it. We attach too much importance to all kinds of frivolities.

Bruv, when you help these folks move house, you will see all kinds of ridiculous gadgets they don't even need, thus making everywhere stuffy and moving very difficult. And the funniest thing is that: they always buy everything on credit, and they expend ridiculous bills they can't pay.

Just because there is a leg mover, that doesn't you have to buy it, and attach importance to it, when you are not crippled. Buy what you need.

If I ever get married to a lazy bum that will come to my house and use the dish washer for plates she can easily wash with her hands, or clog up everywhere in my house with useless gadgets - her ar.se is gonna get sent to her parent's house the next day. Just saying cos I can't get involved with clumsy primeval folks who think everything is fashionable.

1 Like

donnypool:

you lie, my mom is no 1 best african woman in the world. my mom is a stay at home mom she took care of the home, dad work 8am-5pm, tell me what you expect from a man that work that long hours?
does that mean my mom wasn't suppose to be the house keeper?.

Huh? And your point is?

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by bukatyne(f): 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

And Okonjo / Maduekwe nko?

So who laid down the economy for Jonathan? A ghost? Okonjo's precessor was a man so I do not know who should have laid it undecided
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I am working and making money, further educating myself, having hobbies, taking care of my loved ones, doing some charity work.

The topic is not about women who have 24 / 7 maids though and even if they did, why shouldn't a maid use a washing machine and a dish washer?
They save time, they save water, they clean better, they are more hygienic.

Then why are you here whining when the topic has nothing on you?

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

I don't even think this here is a question of education.

I think some men hide between such statements because they don't want to confess that they cannot afford a washing machine or whatever.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

Then why are you here whining when the topic has nothing on you?

Am I whining? undecided
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by bukatyne(f): 9:35pm On Nov 03, 2014
honeric01:

LOL!
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
Icherishu:

Please buy it if you can afford it. It makes washing a whole lot easier. When you have kids you will know it is a necessary evil.

Yes o. I will. Very necessary.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Ibotex(m): 9:36pm On Nov 03, 2014
Aitee1:

I agree to disagree with u! religion is a western scam!!! Why can't we stick to our custom and tradition the way we do retain our forefathers names must we copy??

Meaning we are still being colonized by them one way or the other...they reason over there and send down directives for us here and we foolishly follow without making use of our thinking faculties.

If we were to hold onto our tradition and customs I doubt if things wld have been these WILD!!!

All our women want now is equality cos that's what the west shoved down their throat forgetting that it their norm.

I think we r digressing here my dear friend. Maybe we'll create a thread for Religion and the role it plays. One thing is true Religion does not encourage you putting your wife through stress but Loving her in all u do. At the same time, we were created to know good and bad so no matter the level of civilization or change in Technology, our Moral sense do talk to us with regards to what is good or bad.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
bukatyne:

So who laid down the economy for Jonathan? A ghost? Okonjo's precessor was a man so I do not know who should have laid it undecided

Let's not go deep.

I do not believe Nigerian men wants their wives to suffer, if not, majority of what we have as gadgets in the homes won't even enter Nigeria in the first place.

Those who are with men that are against buying gadgets or using them are reaping the reward of their own decisions just like men who married 5 inches fingernails wives who do nothing but order other people's children around to take care of them!

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by sexybash(f): 9:37pm On Nov 03, 2014
I noticed that mostimes the most hard working African good wives die before their husband because they carry around so much anger and hate while keeping it in the family
I pity them though

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by pickabeau1: 9:39pm On Nov 03, 2014
Aitee1:

Meaning we are still being colonized by them one way or the other...they reason over there and send down directives for us here and we foolishly follow without making use of our thinkinv faculties.

All our women want now is equality cos that's what the west shoved down their throat forgeting that it their norm.

I don't get your point at all

sexybash:
I noticed that mostimes the most hard working African good wives die before their husband because they carry around so much anger and hate while keeping it in the family
I pity them though

Male mortality is higher than female
Use facts and stop spewing

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

My Adulterous Wife Threw Me Out Of My Home And Moved In Her Lover-Ibadan Man / Woman Accuses Maid Of Stealing Her Husband With Charms / "Village People Can Die Now" - Man As He Boasts About Brother’s White Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.