Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,077 members, 7,818,225 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:42 AM

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? - Family (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? (50734 Views)

Tips To Keeping A Good African Man / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By South African Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 2:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

Who are the guys and where is that place?
#curious
Do I owe you any further explanation? Look away, juvenile
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Why do I need to buy one, when there is one in my house that is just there? Lool

So your own dish washer cleans all the ridiculous oil on plates used for eating African foods properly, no? The same plates you always have to wash twice even when you hand wash them - loooool.

Don't let me ask you about how to operate a dish washer. Just stop telling porkies and get ya ar.se in the kitchen lol.

I have a very good dish washer because I can afford it and I have enough space to have one. grin

It washes my dishes properly, I don't even have to pre-rinse them.

Dish washers are more economical and greener.

People who can afford them, know it wink

Now go get a job so that you can afford a washing machine and a dish washer, too. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 2:59pm On Nov 04, 2014
aisha2:

Me dey lie down for bed brush my teeth. grin

ewww.....

To read these days tire me. Do you know of any application that will read to me, while i relax in my jacuzzi. Talk about killing two birds with a stone.

Im very serious here

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by freecocoa(f): 3:03pm On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

Please forgive me my erring ways, coco...
#tears
Don't give me croc tears here jor, you gats appease the gods before I listen to you. angry
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 3:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

I have a very good dish washer because I can afford it and I have enough space to have one. grin

Now go get a job so that you can afford a washing machine and a dish washer, too. grin grin

Lol, thank God I'm home today cos of flu and chest pain.

How about put ya money where ya mouth is and post pictures of ya dish washer and washing machine?

I will post a picture of my dormant dish washer that I have never touched since I moved here. And also my washing machine. The realness and don't run away now.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 3:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
slimmy05:
Do I owe you any further explanation? Look away, juvenile

Hmmmn.cheesy
Didn't need your explanation. Wanted to confirm what I was suspecting.

Don't get your Johns in a bunch.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by 50calibre(m): 3:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, she has a twerking video on YouTube. And her batty looks decent. So best believe I won't mind smashing that lol.

And she actually looks decent in interviews. That is just a hood video for music...just acting. And apparently she graduated from College but she is from Detroit...3rd world country within America lol. So she must be hood a little bit if not proper hood.

I like that Jeezy tune, though I'm not really a big fan of trap music apart from the hits.

Lol she should holla at her fellow Detroitian eminem, maybe he'd give put her on, perhaps give her a verse on one if his tracks Lool

She looks slim, how she's going to have a batty, I will check her out now though.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 3:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
freecocoa:
Don't give me croc tears here jor, you gats appease the gods before I listen to you. angry

crycry
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 3:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
Carefreewannabe, don't run away now lol.

I just took my own pic and switched the dish washer on just to show you that it works perfectly fine lool.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by freecocoa(f): 3:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

crycry
Lol, oya no cry again, I forgive you kiss.

Come here girl, let's hug it out.

*arms wide open*
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 3:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
freecocoa:
Talked about who?
When u haul sth at a person, u don't determine what gets to u. Do u?
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by iykedare(m): 3:43pm On Nov 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

you love trouble so much.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 3:45pm On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

No. The cooker will be placed in the bath tub and the washing machine on the roof.
What d fucck do I know? Just make sure ur tight-schedule job pays for most because they are huge!
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
Carefreewannabe has gone ghost!! grin grin grin

Don't go beg ya neighbours for a pic...and don't steal one off the internet.

Typical NL loud mouthed goon...with nothing. I keep it real.

Pic is waiting for you! cool

I've been waiting for 50mins. grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 3:57pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Sometimes they claim what they don't have to spite other women not even us.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
ferdimako:

Sometimes they claim what they don't have to spite other women not even us.

Lmao...I just hate frauds. This thing isn't even a necessity, and if you have it, you'll know it's just a mere appendage and it doesn't even define you. Even a lot of white people prefer hand wash to dish washers. I just don't get what the hype is about.

Oh she has a dish washer, but went ghost when she was asked to post the picture - FML.

These folks are all frauds!
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nihilist: 4:10pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmao...I just hate frauds. This thing isn't even a necessity, and if you have it, you'll know it's just a mere appendage and it doesn't even define you. Even a lot of white people prefer hand wash to dish washers. I just don't get what the hype is about.

Oh she has a dish washer, but went ghost when she was asked to post the picture - FML.

I sweardown....

Oh my dayzzzzz grin grin grin grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 4:16pm On Nov 04, 2014
freecocoa:
Lol, oya no cry again, I forgive you kiss.

Come here girl, let's hug it out.

*arms wide open*

Goes to her, sniffing.
#bear hug
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by freecocoa(f): 4:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

Goes to her, sniffing.
#bear hug
I've missed you loads.

How have you been?
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 4:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
ferdimako:

What d fucck do I know? Just make sure ur tight-scheduled job pays for most because they are huge!

First it was talk about space. Now It's the talk about my job. What is the problem? What's your 'consign'?
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 4:24pm On Nov 04, 2014
freecocoa:
I've missed you loads.

How have you been?

Omo, not fine.
Haven't read in ages. Haven't written in longer.

Missed you too dearie. #Hugggs
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 4:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

First it was talk about space. Now It's the talk about my job. What is the problem? What's your 'consign'?
Money provides the space...or ur hubby isn't nonperforming.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
ferdimako:

Money provides the space...or ur hubby isn't nonperforming.

This is getting boring. Still don't get you. Or maybe you're not communicating effectively.
Have a nice day.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 4:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Money and technology are still new to us...but pple should be buying gadgets themselves not disturbing spouses. These things come in every day. You need to say no to unnecessary ones. Electricity is still a huge problem and pple have idle fridges, deep freezers etc
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by freecocoa(f): 4:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

Omo, not fine.
Haven't read in ages. Haven't written in longer.

Missed you too dearie. #Hugggs
Lol, life happened huh? Anyways it gets better, hang in there.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 4:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

This is getting boring. Still don't get you. Or maybe you're not communicating effectively.
Have a nice day.
Say that to who u milk. tongue
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 4:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
freecocoa:
Lol, life happened huh? Anyways it gets better, hang in there.

My dear, oseee.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 5:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
ferdimako:

Say that to who u milk. tongue

What part of have a nice day don't you understand?
Or would telling you to jump off the mainland bridge pass off my message better?
cheesytongue
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by igbizen(m): 5:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
if the man can afford it, fine. but don't pressure the man to use money that could have been invested in maybe starting ur own house to be buying machines n gadget in another man's house. I wonder wat a dish washer should be doing in the house wen u have only few dishes to do are u running a restaurant? gas cooker fine, washing machine agreed, EPIDURAL no no. cool
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by dabossman(m): 5:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

I can't speak of most men, but I can talk about my man.

That being said, it would seem most folks look at these appliances as things that make a woman lazy. Or they feel these things are luxuries rather than necessities. A luxury you should not be able to afford. Or a luxury you have to live in a '2 plot triplex' to be able to afford.

You see that's the problem I have right there in bold. You just said in the first line that you can't speak for most men, but your own man. Then in the next breath you say most folks. Who are these most folks? Did someone take a poll or survey to arrive at this conclusion?

I don't live in a high-brow neighbourhood or triplex; not even a duplex. I live in a flat and I have most of these appliances as do my neighbours. At least of the washing machine I'm sure. I've also been in the homes of my friends and they have a lot of appliances that makes life easier for them and their spouses. So, I keep wondering, who are these most men/folks. Or should we just draw a conclusion because of the comments of a few people.

Mind you, anyone who's been married long enough knows that many individuals shift ground and compromise when they eventually get married. Some of the single men here who are saying they won't buy these appliances for their wives may eventually shift ground when reality dawns, the same way some ladies here who are saying they can never live without these gadgets when they eventually get married may still shift ground and do without these appliances, at least for sometime, until they or their spouses can afford it.

Talk is cheap on a faceless forum I beg. Let's quit all these generalizations.

4 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 5:20pm On Nov 04, 2014
macof:

Shut up u cow. There's absolutely nothing wrong with polygamy...many men have successfully kept a polygamous family united
I keep telling u to blame ur father for his failures
Am done with you!
Laughs in spanish.
I'm already aware that your misery seeks company but let me tell you, my dad is the standard for every man which your dad can never archive. To start with, mine is not a promiscous dog like ya dad.
Anyway, jungle man come out of the jungle, it's lonely there.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 5:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

She's not as jobless as you're. Simple.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

My Dad Has Refused To Rest In Peace Because Of His Monetary Vow In Church / I Won’t Dance Unclad In Village Over Adultery – Wife Tells Court, Seeks Divorce / My Wife Is Seducing Men, Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.