Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,700 members, 7,816,869 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:04 PM

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? - Family (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? (50719 Views)

Tips To Keeping A Good African Man / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By South African Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:
Let me just clown you for the last time before I get back to more important things.

Trying too hard, self-esteem issues, and begging for acceptance:

- I post on only topics I'm acquainted with, and most times things of interests. And when I'm not doing that, I just clown/flirt around with normal folks I've known on here for time. However, I'm anonymous, and I don't do unnecessary famzing.

- You on the other hand posted pictures of ya village wedding on here trying to get folks to notice you. You jump on UK and US threads giving harebrained opinions about places you have never even been to. I'd even wager that you have never even been on an aeroplane in ya existence. Heck, you don't even live in a city in Nigeria, you live in a darn downtrodden village. Yet you jump from thread to thread with opinions on everything.

Level

- You don't even have a job, and you're married to a normal marine in the army, who's most likely on minimum wage.

- 6 years ago, I was far above that level. Heck, even my little sister isn't even on ya level - and that's the truth. I'd say you and your hussy combined won't be able to achieve what I achieved by age 19, in the next decade - true story. Just because I don't blow my trumpet on here, that doesn't mean everyone is on ya level.

You're a village bum, and the type I won't even give a second look if I were to bump into you on the street. I'll probably just run you over, and get someone to come get ya carcass off the road. grin
cheesy wicked
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 11:38am On Nov 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

The toothbrush i used this morning is a battery operated toothbrush. I'm still looking for the one that will put the tooth paste, then move it around my teeth while im in bed.

The award should be given to me, you are just a first runner up

Right on! I forgot about machine toothbrush sef! Got one and loving it too grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 11:50am On Nov 04, 2014
Nna ehn...na wa o! See bitter people everywhere.....madam aisha2, see wetin u cause here o.

Abeg, where's my make-up applicator.....make i do comot for here before sombody will bite me o! Good african wife my yansh!!!!

*runs outta thread*
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 04, 2014
Chillisauce:

The toothbrush i used this morning is a battery operated toothbrush. I'm still looking for the one that will put the tooth paste, then move it around my teeth while im in bed.

The award should be given to me, you are just a first runner up

Me dey lie down for bed brush my teeth. grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by babestell(f): 1:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
Abeg is there a water leaf/ugu chopping machine. And where can I get it.

Also I need advice on brand of washing machine o!....Please help a sister out

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 1:18pm On Nov 04, 2014
ferdimako:

You gonna live on a triplex on a two-plot, right?

Not quite. A big fenced compound though. And we are the only occupants.
The triplex will be a Good idea on the land we are 'eyeing' though.
tongue
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by 50calibre(m): 1:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, these folks just like bastardising everything by attaching importance to frivolities. It seems a lot of them were ra.ped as a kid, and whoever did it must have busted a nut on their brain. And that shiit is clogging up their mentality. Run my darn bills up with all kinds of gadgets all in the name of being a modern woman - FOH.

Nah biitch, the modern woman is a driven career woman, and someone doesn't dwell on unnecessary things to mask her stupidity. She understands the need to be prudent, and that not everything is fashionable. You buy what you need, and leave the rest on the shelf. And she must also understand that the house needs space, for fresh air.

This thread is basically just like going to Nigeria, and seeing folks in freaking banger Peugeot 406 that you can pickup from the auction for £800, being chauffeured everywhere. And you have to question what the fvck these folks need a driver for in a banger. If you've got a Rolls-Royce, then it's understandable. But fvcking Peugeot! It's just the type of inane mentality. Lazy fvckers!

Loool nice observation!! Though in most cases, that can be attributed to how stressful it is to drive on Nigerian roads rather than a show of class or status. Besides some if those folks don't even know how to drive and are too scared to learn so having a chauffeur can be a convenient alternative given the rate of joblessness in Nigeria, most of the so called chauffeurs are paid peanuts.

In Britain however, you've got to know how much you're earning before hiring a chauffeur & paying him at least the minimum wage, not many people can afford that luxury here.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 1:28pm On Nov 04, 2014
50calibre:

Loool nice observation!! Though in most cases, that can be attributed to how stressful it is to drive on Nigerian roads rather than a show of class or status. Besides some if those folks don't even know how to drive and are too scared to learn so having a chauffeur can be a convenient alternative given the rate of joblessness in Nigeria, most of the so called chauffeurs are paid peanuts.

In Britain however, you've got to know how much you're earning before hiring a chauffeur & paying him at least the minimum wage, not many people can afford that luxury here.

Bruv, check the fp. An Emeritus Prof. Just dropped a nice thesis about "how to keep an African man" - hysterical but he did make a lot of points lol.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 1:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
dabossman:

Er, dear, didn't you get the memo? MOST Nigerian men don't buy home appliances for their wives because it makes them lazy. Why are you coming here to "lie" that your husband bought a big gas cooker, freezer and blender. Or is your husband not part of most men?

I can't speak of most men, but I can talk about my man.

That being said, it would seem most folks look at these appliances as things that make a woman lazy. Or they feel these things are luxuries rather than necessities. A luxury you should not be able to afford. Or a luxury you have to live in a '2 plot triplex' to be able to afford.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 1:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
Shymexx, my wife-cococandy is a no-go area angry
Be very very careful angry angry angry angry

Cococandy, no mind am kiss

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by 50calibre(m): 1:41pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:
@50calibre

Check out this new tune - it's a banger.Crazy lyrics but something to feel good to in the whip especially when you're riding dirty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1T_NGBlr0Q

Haha this is a proper hood chic, who's she, is she like a proper artist or just a pass time rapper? Is she your girlfriend? She looks lesbian to me grin

Hood concepts are now the cheapest way to shoot music videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myxojwq22-Q
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by 50calibre(m): 1:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Bruv, check the fp. An Emeritus Prof. Just dropped a nice thesis about "how to keep an African man" - hysterical but he did make a lot of points lol.

Ok will do!
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 04, 2014
50calibre:

Haha this is a proper hood chic, who's she, is she like a proper artist or just a pass time rapper? Is she your girlfriend? She looks lesbian to me grin

Hood concepts are now the cheapest way to shoot music videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myxojwq22-Q

Lol, she has a twerking video on YouTube. And her batty looks decent. So best believe I won't mind smashing that lol.

And she actually looks decent in interviews. That is just a hood video for music...just acting. And apparently she graduated from College but she is from Detroit...3rd world country within America lol. So she must be hood a little bit if not proper hood.

I like that Jeezy tune, though I'm not really a big fan of trap music apart from the hits.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by freecocoa(f): 2:00pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex, really? You had to talk about her wedding pix? C'mon somethings are so yesteryears and should be left there.

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by macof(m): 2:04pm On Nov 04, 2014
Shirley07:

In the polygamous house wey dey ya brain.
A man who puts his family in a polygamous way has no love for the family. Anyway, it's obvious you can't give what you don't have, just like you can't give love because your family never had it, jungle man.

Shut up u cow. There's absolutely nothing wrong with polygamy...many men have successfully kept a polygamous family united
I keep telling u to blame ur father for his failures
Am done with you!

4 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Lilimax(f): 2:05pm On Nov 04, 2014
Chillisauce:
You know you have got audience, when you are in battle ground with one of your 'frienemy' and the others hide behind their back to click like grin

cococandy and shymex. Whats up? I thought yboth are pallies cheesy
Honestly I'm highly disappointed with them. All these rants and abuse are uncalled for undecided

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Lilimax(f): 2:09pm On Nov 04, 2014
freecocoa:
SirShymex, really? You had to talk about her wedding pix? C'mon somethings are so yesteryears and should be left there.
True!
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Nov 04, 2014
freecocoa:
She talked about him too tongue

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 2:14pm On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

I can't speak of most men, but I can talk about my man.

That being said, it would seem most folks look at these appliances as things that make a woman lazy. Or they feel these things are luxuries rather than necessities. A luxury you should not be able to afford. Or a luxury you have to live in a '2 plot triplex' to be able to afford.

You need that space...it irritates when pppl park their cars at another person's compound. It shows stupidity and not class. So as you buy the appliances..make sure u have rooms for them.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
Listen, when folks want to get disrespectful for no reason, especially when you are not talking to them - you just have to put them in check. This is the internet and you don't know who you are talking to, so mind ya business if your handle isn't mentioned. And not every is on ya level.

- I don't even post to this person, even under her old handle. And even the few times we probably exchanged one or two posts in the past - she quoted me first, and I responded the normal.

- Then I must have posted a comment on a Super Eagles thread earlier this year before the World Cup about them being mediocre and Nigerians celebrating mediocrity (something that is evident now with the way the team stays losing to mediocre teams). And this chic must have attacked my post (under her old handle) with all kinds of disrespectful nonsense like she knows me. Where the fvck did the familiarity come from? I just told her to stop posting to me and do her thing.

- And now today again. Especially about gadgets she most likely has never seen/used. Fvck a disrespectful biitch. I deal with chics far above her level and they won't even dare chat shiit to me. Talk when folks talk to you. And I don't do all the primeval internet famzing with e-cliques and nyggahs trying to please women. I just do my thing, chat shiit and log out. So, if I'm not talking to you, don't get disrespectful to me - online and offline.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
ferdimako:

You need that space...it irritates when pppl park their cars at another person's compound. It shows stupidity and not class. So as you buy the appliances..make sure u have rooms for them.

No. The cooker will be placed in the bath tub and the washing machine on the roof.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by freecocoa(f): 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
ferdimako:

She talked about him too tongue
Talked about who?
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by freecocoa(f): 2:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

No. The cooker will be placed in the bath tub and the washing machine on the roof.
Lola, where have you been? You see how you do us abi? It's alright.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 2:26pm On Nov 04, 2014
Washing machines are bad and dish washers are even worse, they are evil.

Welcome to the 21st century Africa. grin grin grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 2:32pm On Nov 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:
Washing machines are bad and dish washers are even worse, they are evil.

Welcome to the 21st century Africa. grin grin grin

Do dish washers even clean dishes properly, especially with the excessive oil African put in their food? Yorubas are guilty of this lool.

Get ya ar.se in the sun and wash the darn plates lol.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
What's the hell do you need a dish washer for? Do you run a canteen? Some ladies are just sick and damn lazy. Machine for laundry is ok.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 2:36pm On Nov 04, 2014
freecocoa:
are you taking sides. Most times one needs to put you guys in your place.

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Do dish washers even clean dishes properly, especially with the excessive oil African put in their food? Yorubas are guilty of this lool.

If you were able to afford a dishwasher, you would know that they clean dishes properly.
They clean them better than hands and are more hygienic as they heat the water to high temperatures.

Get ya ar.se in the sun and wash the darn plates lol.

Well there is no sun here by that time of the year but hey I have a dishwasher. wink
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 2:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
freecocoa:
Lola, where have you been? You see how you do us abi? It's alright.

Please forgive me my erring ways, coco...
#tears
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 2:52pm On Nov 04, 2014
slimmy05:
are you taking sides. Most times one needs to put you guys in your place.

Who are the guys and where is that place?
#curious

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

If you were able to afford a dishwasher, you would know that they clean dishes properly.
They clean them better than hands and are more hygienic as they heat the water to high temperatures.

Well there is no sun here by that time of the year but hey I have a dishwasher. wink

Why do I need to buy one, when there is one in my house that is just there? Lool

So your own dish washer cleans all the ridiculous oil on plates used for eating African foods properly, no? The same plates you always have to wash twice even when you hand wash them - loooool.

Don't let me ask you about how to operate a dish washer. Just stop telling porkies and get ya ar.se in the kitchen lol.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife / My Dad Has Refused To Rest In Peace Because Of His Monetary Vow In Church / 7 Reasons Why Married Men Cheat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.