Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,227 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:53 PM

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? - Family (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? (51528 Views)

Tips To Keeping A Good African Man / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By South African Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
Shirley07:

She's not as jobless as you're. Simple.

Lol, that is if she is even qualified to work as a cleaner where I work, or even has a job lol.

Can you see why I always call you loud mouthed goons out? grin

Anyway, keep lying to the gullible folks on here, but keep it away from me cos I will bring you lot back to reality.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 6:22pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, that is if she is even qualified to work as a cleaner where I work, or even has a job lol.

Can you see why I always call you loud mouthed goons out? grin

Anyway, keep lying to the gullible folks on here, but keep it away from me cos I will bring you lot back to reality.
You and who? Na you go tire after I whitewash you.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by babygirlfl: 6:23pm On Nov 04, 2014
dabossman:

You see that's the problem I have right there in bold. You just said in the first line that you can't speak for most men, but your own man. Then in the next breath you say most folks. Who are these most folks? Did someone take a poll or survey to arrive at this conclusion?

I don't live in a high-brow neighbourhood or triplex; not even a duplex. I live in a flat and I have most of these appliances as do my neighbours. At least of the washing machine I'm sure. I've also been in the homes of my friends and they have a lot of appliances that makes life easier for them and their spouses. So, I keep wondering, who are these most men/folks. Or should we just draw a conclusion because of the comments of a few people.

Mind you, anyone who's been married long enough knows that many individuals shift ground and compromise when they eventually get married. Some of the single men here who are saying they won't buy these appliances for their wives may eventually shift ground when reality dawns, the same way some ladies here who are saying they can never live without these gadgets when they eventually get married may still shift ground and do without these appliances, at least for sometime, until they or their spouses can afford it.

Talk is cheap on a faceless forum I beg. Let's quit all these generalizations.

Very true. That is why I don't bother having long arguments because sometimes people can only learn with time and in that situation
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
dabossman:

You see that's the problem I have right there in bold. You just said in the first line that you can't speak for most men, but your own man. Then in the next breath you say most folks. Who are these most folks? Did someone take a poll or survey to arrive at this conclusion?

I don't live in a high-brow neighbourhood or triplex; not even a duplex. I live in a flat and I have most of these appliances as do my neighbours. At least of the washing machine I'm sure. I've also been in the homes of my friends and they have a lot of appliances that makes life easier for them and their spouses. So, I keep wondering, who are these most men/folks. Or should we just draw a conclusion because of the comments of a few people.

Mind you, anyone who's been married long enough knows that many individuals shift ground and compromise when they eventually get married. Some of the single men here who are saying they won't buy these appliances for their wives may eventually shift ground when reality dawns, the same way some ladies here who are saying they can never live without these gadgets when they eventually get married may still shift ground and do without these appliances, at least for sometime, until they or their spouses can afford it.

Talk is cheap on a faceless forum I beg. Let's quit all these generalizations.

What does 'would seem ' in my comment mean to you. Is 'seem' a definite modal?
You need to stop with your hasty conclusions too. Ain't nobody got time for long, drawn out arguments. Bye.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 6:42pm On Nov 04, 2014
Shirley07:

You and who? Na you go tire after I whitewash you.

Shirley Bassey, with ya razor blade tongue - I definitely want to see what ya mouth looks like. grin

Cobra, or shark? grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

What part of have a nice day don't you understand?
Or would telling you to jump off the mainland bridge pass off my message better?
cheesytongue
Come and break my terminal. If u want to die...go ahead.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
Shirley07:

Some jobs can't pay rent grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 9:38pm On Nov 04, 2014
ferdimako:

Some jobs can't pay rent grin
Ya experience.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 9:39pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Shirley Bassey, with ya razor blade tongue - I definitely want to see what ya mouth looks like. grin

Cobra, or shark? grin
Both, trumpet mouth.
I'm not bassey by the way.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:50pm On Nov 04, 2014
Shirley07:

Both, trumpet mouth.
I'm not bassey by the way.

He was patronizing you. Shirley Bassey was an actress.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:
Carefreewannabe has gone ghost!! grin grin grin

Don't go beg ya neighbours for a pic...and don't steal one off the internet.

Typical NL loud mouthed goon...with nothing. I keep it real.

Pic is waiting for you! cool

I've been waiting for 50mins. grin

So you think I have nothing better to do than to be on NL 24/7?

Some people DO have jobs!

And can afford dish washers. grin

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:55pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Lol, thank God I'm home today cos of flu and chest pain.

How about put ya money where ya mouth is and post pictures of ya dish washer and washing machine?

I will post a picture of my dormant dish washer that I have never touched since I moved here. And also my washing machine. The realness and don't run away now.

And a picture proves that it is YOUR dish washer!

I laugh in Mandarin. grin grin grin

See logic.

I can also post pictures of my private jet. grin grin grin

By the way, so you got a dish washer for decoration but you do NOT use it what it is for, washing the dishes? grin grin grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
Shirley07:

He thinks everyone has the time to be on NL 24/7.

I have a job and that's why I can afford a dish washer. grin grin grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 10:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
Shirley07:

Ya experience.
yours! I c what u call jobs in Lagos.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 10:30pm On Nov 04, 2014
ferdimako:

yours! I c what u call jobs in Lagos.
Eeyah, story of ya life.
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 10:35pm On Nov 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

So you think I have nothing better to do than to be on NL 24/7?

Some people DO have jobs!

And can afford dish washers. grin

Lmaoooo....says a sket that is always on NL from AM to PM everyday but suddenly went ghost for hours immediately she was told to post the picture of the same dish washer she was running her mouth about lol.

And ya alt handle was posting all day long spouting the same tosh under ya bipolar disorder syndrome lol. You haven't even graduated from Uni, but blow a lot of hot air everywhere under different handles with gazillion of nationalities.

Go sit ya crusty ar.se down somewhere, and post ya nonsense to stupid folks. You will soon be back on ya other Jamaican handle claiming newly married under that. The shrink beckons!

You done lost ya darn cotton picking mind!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:

Lmaoooo....says a sket that is always on NL from AM to PM everyday but suddenly went ghost for hours immediately she was told to post the picture of the same dish washer she was running her mouth about lol.

And ya alt handle was posting all day long spouting the same tosh under ya bipolar disorder syndrome lol. You haven't even graduated from Uni, but blow a lot of hot air everywhere under different handles with gazillion of nationalities.

Go sit ya crusty ar.se down somewhere, and post ya nonsense to stupid folks. You will soon be back on ya other Jamaican handle claiming newly married under that. The shrink beckons!

You done lost ya darn cotton picking mind!

Tell me,

so you got a dish washer but you don't use it?
grin grin grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 11:19pm On Nov 04, 2014
carefreewannabe:

Tell me,

so you got a dish washer but you don't use it?
grin grin grin
you're just a troll, why haven't you posted the pic of your dish washer. They just want to feel among, even the broke ass locust. Don't change the topic. I am very sure you don't even have pressing iron.

6 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by kandiikane(m): 12:47am On Nov 05, 2014
crackhaus:

Dish washer - Absolutely unnecessary, unless that home is run like a medium-scale restaurant feeding at least 30 people in one sitting.
Only seen as important by them fancy high-maintenance wives with finger nails as long as their hair lipsrsealed

Lool!

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by tpia6: 12:53am On Nov 05, 2014
In places like the US, many apartments and homes come with a dishwasher already installed so its relatively commonplace and not viewed as a luxury.

hopefully nigeria will get there someday so all these western gadgets will not keep being seen as unusual.

in nigeria, many items which overseas are considered standard place, or basic ,, are still thought of as priviledges and mostly for the rich.

just a heads up for those who might be puzzled by the discussions .

the country is not rich although a few nigerians are.

5 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by kandiikane(m): 1:04am On Nov 05, 2014
honeric01:

Walking stick: check
Baby backing machine: check
Breastfeeding machine: check
Baby bathing machine: check
Husband servicing machine: check
Underwear wearing machine: check

Hehehe Chairman of lazy wives president I hail o

Lool grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by kandiikane(m): 2:57am On Nov 05, 2014
honeric01:

And what exactly do you women worry about?

How to stop global warming?
How to find cure to cancer, aids and malaria?
How to stop economics from going into recession?
How to understand how the world work?
How to create electricity from animal dumps?

Or you people want more time to gossip about Beyonce's bra, eyelashes?

Kim's rubber assz?

Btw, when are you women going to start inventing these gadgets that help men work less but earn more?

Or gadgets that even help you women spend less time watching tv, reading novels and telling others this and that?

Smh!
To name a few:
Kevlar, windshield wipers, disposable diapers, dishwasher, car heater, a woman helped designed the first large scale computer in the US, circular saw, liquid paper, central heating system, solar heating system, laser cataract removal system, scotchgard stain removal, exterior fire escape, medical syringe with plungr, modern electric refrigerator, it was a woman that enabled the invented of telecommunication technology(fax machines, fibre optic cables etc, a woman laid the foundations for wireless transmissions technology, cctv, the machine that makes squared paper bags, invisible glass we use in cameras and glasses, apgar test, modern ironing board, airplane muffler, disposable mobile phones, home diabetes test,

There are many inventions initially made by men which have been improved by women for modern day use.

Many inventions and discoveries have been made by women but obviously, women were meant to lie on the bed, open their legs , make babies and were not allowed to have their invention patented in their names so the men took credit for many of those inventions and discoveries. Eg. The dna double helix structure.

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by cococandy(f): 5:57am On Nov 05, 2014
SirShymex:
Let me just clown you for the last time before I get back to more important things.

Trying too hard, self-esteem issues, and begging for acceptance:

- I post on only topics I'm acquainted with, and most times things of interests. And when I'm not doing that, I just clown/flirt around with normal folks I've known on here for time. However, I'm anonymous, and I don't do unnecessary famzing.

- You on the other hand posted pictures of ya village wedding on here trying to get folks to notice you. You jump on UK and US threads giving harebrained opinions about places you have never even been to. I'd even wager that you have never even been on an aeroplane in ya existence. Heck, you don't even live in a city in Nigeria, you live in a darn downtrodden village. Yet you jump from thread to thread with opinions on everything.

Level

- You don't even have a job, and you're married to a normal marine in the army, who's most likely on minimum wage.

- 6 years ago, I was far above that level. Heck, even my little sister isn't even on ya level - and that's the truth. I'd say you and your hussy combined won't be able to achieve what I achieved by age 19, in the next decade - true story. Just because I don't blow my trumpet on here, that doesn't mean everyone is on ya level.

You're a village bum, and the type I won't even give a second look if I were to bump into you on the street. I'll probably just run you over, and get someone to come get ya carcass off the road. grin
married to a marine. Lmao lmao. grin

Keep wishing you know me.

Anyway dreaming is nice. If hustling to pay off your student debts and living in a tight fit apartment in London makes you feel above others, I won't burst your bubble.

5 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by cococandy(f): 6:03am On Nov 05, 2014
alutacontinua:
Shymexx, my wife-cococandy is a no-go area angry
Be very very careful angry angry angry angry

Cococandy, no mind am kiss
he amuses me. That's all.
When someone goes about claiming oversabi on every thread he finds himself,it is not hard to figure out that there something wrong somewhere.

Don't worry about me Hun,I've rinsed him one too many times. This just a walk in the park for me. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 05, 2014
slimmy05:
you're just a troll, why haven't you posted the pic of your dish washer. They just want to feel among, even the broke ass locust. Don't change the topic. I am very sure you don't even have pressing iron.

So when we post pictures of private jets, they prove that they are ours? grin grin grin

Very smart. wink

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 05, 2014
Dish washer: more economical, more environment friendly, more hygienic. smiley smiley smiley

And for people who can afford them. kiss kiss kiss

But why use a dish washer or even a washing machine when you have hands?

I will walk to work today. I got a car but why use it? I have legs. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 7:08am On Nov 05, 2014
ferdimako:

Come and break my terminal. If u want to die...go ahead.

Bla bla bla bleats the empty vessel. Very easy threatening harm over the internet, huh? Sicko!

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 8:58am On Nov 05, 2014
kandiikane:

Smh!
To name a few:
Kevlar, windshield wipers, disposable diapers, dishwasher, car heater, a woman helped designed the first large scale computer in the US, circular saw, liquid paper, central heating system, solar heating system, laser cataract removal system, scotchgard stain removal, exterior fire escape, medical syringe with plungr, modern electric refrigerator, it was a woman that enabled the invented of telecommunication technology(fax machines, fibre optic cables etc, a woman laid the foundations for wireless transmissions technology, cctv, the machine that makes squared paper bags, invisible glass we use in cameras and glasses, apgar test, modern ironing board, airplane muffler, disposable mobile phones, home diabetes test,

There are many inventions initially made by men which have been improved by women for modern day use.

Many inventions and discoveries have been made by women but obviously, women were meant to lie on the bed, open their legs , make babies and were not allowed to have their invention patented in their names so the men took credit for many of those inventions and discoveries. Eg. The dna double helix structure.

You came late to the party, better luck next time lolz

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 9:18am On Nov 05, 2014
Chillisauce:

ewww.....

To read these days tire me. Do you know of any application that will read to me, while i relax in my jacuzzi. Talk about killing two birds with a stone.

Im very serious here

Shebi there are audio books now
grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 10:37am On Nov 05, 2014
damiso:
Funny enough I have observed that women are the ones who tend to pass the other woman is lazy judgement the most...
I believe!

Although, this thread hosts many a hostile male opinion undecided
carefreewannabe:
Dish washer: more economical, more environment friendly, more hygienic. smiley smiley smiley
And for people who can afford them. kiss kiss kiss
But why use a dish washer or even a washing machine when you have hands?
I will walk to work today. I got a car but why use it? I have legs. grin grin grin
Haha!

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by r231(m): 3:01pm On Nov 05, 2014
No more dishwasher.......

case closed grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (Reply)

Meet Gosiame Thamara Sithole Who Gave Birth To 10 Babies In South Africa / Jealous Wife Thinks Her Husband's Regional Manager Is His Side Chick (Video) / The Son My Late Dad Had Out Of Wedlock Locked My Mum Out Of Our House, Pls Advis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.