Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:36 PM

Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? - Family (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? (50681 Views)

Tips To Keeping A Good African Man / Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? / Nigerian Man Stabbed To Death By South African Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by cococandy(f): 6:08am On Nov 04, 2014
See rants. grin
Over what other people choose to do with their money and space.
Not everyone lives in crappy apartments with no space for big families and every appliance they can afford.

Nail painting machine. Here I come

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 6:34am On Nov 04, 2014
Says a village bum who lives in mud house in one of the most downtrodden places in naij. If I don't post to you, mind ya darn business. You wouldn't even know what a dish washer looks like if I were to smack you in the face with it.

Er, my AP watch alone will feed you and ya hussy for six months straight, and I will have a lot left with the pawnbroker. That's what living in a "crappy" apartment looks like for young self-made guy.

Mind ya darn business and post ya harebrained opinions to those on ya level. I don't care about ya life.

9 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by cococandy(f): 6:48am On Nov 04, 2014
Rants rants rants. Oversabi things.

Faces my lip painting machine. kiss kiss

Keep bursting veins over other people's space and money.

10 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 6:53am On Nov 04, 2014
macof:

Polygamy is jungle mentality? I can see u are more stuupid than I thought

There's absolutely nothing wrong with polygamy
If ur father is too useless to control a family that's his business not mine
Of course it is when a stupid man like you expects his first wife to do the act of loving and bonding which the man destroyed in the first place yet claimed africa women don't suffer.
That stupid mentality was obviously ingrained in you by your father and it's no fault of mine I was taught differently by my parents. No wonder, you have a stupid head on your shoulder and I repeat, a 2 yrs kid has a better brain than you, jungle man.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 6:54am On Nov 04, 2014
Good girl. That's how you mind ya darn business.

I was going to post a pic of what can feed you for 6 months, with enough change, but you deserve a pass today.

Just stay out of my way if I'm not talking to you...I'm not a big fan of disrespectful skets. grin

Anyway, I don't care about ya life and what you do, I was just discussing the topic in the context of Africa and Nigeria.

Leave it there and move on.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by cococandy(f): 7:01am On Nov 04, 2014
You don't care about my life? grin grin

Anyway Feed yourself first and pay off your student loans.

And while you're at it,stop your oversabi. You don't know everything.
It is irritating.

5 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 7:07am On Nov 04, 2014
honeric01:

The men I know do so I can only speak for those I know.

Do you know I don't eat out? I am not married, yet I don't eat out, I even turned amala this night myself (what alot of women can't even do), black amala for that matter and I am not even from the side that owns it. I have people that can wash for me but I wash my clothes myself (getting tired though lol).
I ironed all my clothes yesterday, took me the whole day lol, I do this alot..

What am I trying to say, you don't expect someone like me to pile these on my wife when I can do them myself, same with the men I know, majority of them do these things for their families
It's not by words but deeds.
If you're already complaining doing your home chores, it's a matter of time and you'll dump it on your wife. By their fruits, you shall know them.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 7:12am On Nov 04, 2014
Lmao, if I can't feed myself, do you think I'll be able to afford so many things, with just one of the gazillion that can feed you for 6 months straight, and be like three times ya size? grin

Better go to do farm in ya rural slum, and find something to eat, before you die of starvation. grin

I never said I know everything, and I don't even post in more than 2-3 sections. And if knowing a lot about politics, foreign affairs, sports (due to interests), and generic topics in the family and romance section mean everything to you - then you have to question ya brain cells for being impaired. grin Sort out yourself - and stop watching me. I do me, and you do you.

6 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by cococandy(f): 7:19am On Nov 04, 2014
Farming is good money. I wish I were a farmer.
Of course I don't think you know everything. I think you're a Buffon full of hot shyte

5 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 04, 2014
All these for machine that is designed to make life easier. Truth is, it's not for everyone. No one can access our situations better than us. If it's draining you by all means, go traditional.
Dish washer saves you water, soap, time, all these are money.

If the electricity is epileptic, the dish washer is not advisable abeg . While you are waiting for a particular spoon, They seize power. You have no Choice than open it up and wash yourself cheesy

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 7:27am On Nov 04, 2014
Lmao...I probably would've taken you seriously if you could spell "buffoon" correctly. However, since you can't, I'll just dust the dirt off my shoulder.

Simple advice to you: stick to topics that are naija-centric because every time you step out of that zone to talk about things you probably only see on TV and on the internet, you always sound like a primitive village id.iot. Just take my advice and move on. We're not on the same level, never have, and never will be. This thread is a classic example. I can bet everything that you don't even know what those gadgets look like, and you wouldn't be able to operate one, even if ya life depended on it. But you've an opinion - hysterical.

Anyway, I've wasted enough time on you, and my IQ is about to reduce. Go play in trafiic, or do whatever the fvck you do. You're inconsequential. undecided

6 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 04, 2014
Shirley07:

If you're already complaining doing your home chores, it's a matter of time and you'll dump it on your wife. By their fruits, you shall know them.

My dear, you are right . Men that do these things will be difficult to persuade to buy buy gadgets that makes life easier esp if their wives are staying at home w.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by cococandy(f): 7:36am On Nov 04, 2014
You're so smart you don't know typo when you see it. shocked

I guess what makes you above my level is that you live outside Nigeria not so? Smh.
Low self esteem self hating m@dufucca.

If that is what it takes to be on a certain level,then you're xtupider than I thought.
I pity you sometimes that's why I mostly ignore you.

Carrying a chip around on your shoulder because you think the whole world hates you. See who's talking of levels.
Walk around with a chip on your shoulder because you're the only black man in Europe.
Come to Nigeria hate yourself because you think other tribes have something against you.
Among your own tribe,always on the defensive because you think you're hated too.

It must suck to be you. Most of the hot air you blow is just to mask the inferiority eating away at your intestines.

Stop trying too hard.it shows

6 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by lolaluv1(f): 7:43am On Nov 04, 2014
I currently work 8-8 or even 9 on a Good day. And I have to leave home by 7 in the morning. On a side note, I'm trying to get another job.

When I started working, I wanted to buy a washing machine. I got discouraged by colleagues but I went as far as pricing it. Due to some reasons, I ended up not buying it.
AND I regret that till date!

Weekends that should be spent resting from my gruelling schedule are spent washing and what not. Bear in mind that I work most Saturdays too and sometimes Sunday.

Just this weekend, my man was around and I had to skip a wedding where he was the bestman, because I had washing chores to do. He wasn't Happy I tell you. And has told me countless time to give them to drycleaners.
After washing, I went to the market to stock up, scrubbed my bath and cooked.
The food was what he appreciated because he feels the time I spent washing, we could have spent it together at the wedding.

Fact is all these things make life easier. And they give you more time for other things. Be it another chore, going out or simply resting (nothing wrong with that ).

We are setting up our house and he already bought a big gas that would allow me boil rice on a burner, fry chicken on another, and make the soup on a third. A freezer to stock up with fish So I don't have to visit the market everyday, a blender to blend my onions and pepper for When I cook beans, a fruit juicer as we are trying to eat healthy and a gym subscription for us as a family.

I've also told him I'm getting a big washing machine and an umbrella and wicket chairs where we can sip the juice from the juicer and RELAX. To think of it, I am adding a pressure pot to that, to cook beans within the fastest time possible.

Truth is we don't have to make life difficult for ourselves if we can make it easier.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 04, 2014
Let me just clown you for the last time before I get back to more important things.

Trying too hard, self-esteem issues, and begging for acceptance:

- I post on only topics I'm acquainted with, and most times things of interests. And when I'm not doing that, I just clown/flirt around with normal folks I've known on here for time. However, I'm anonymous, and I don't do unnecessary famzing.

- You on the other hand posted pictures of ya village wedding on here trying to get folks to notice you. You jump on UK and US threads giving harebrained opinions about places you have never even been to. I'd even wager that you have never even been on an aeroplane in ya existence. Heck, you don't even live in a city in Nigeria, you live in a darn downtrodden village. Yet you jump from thread to thread with opinions on everything.

Level

- You don't even have a job, and you're married to a normal marine in the army, who's most likely on minimum wage.

- 6 years ago, I was far above that level. Heck, even my little sister isn't even on ya level - and that's the truth. I'd say you and your hussy combined won't be able to achieve what I achieved by age 19, in the next decade - true story. Just because I don't blow my trumpet on here, that doesn't mean everyone is on ya level.

You're a village bum, and the type I won't even give a second look if I were to bump into you on the street. I'll probably just run you over, and get someone to come get ya carcass off the road. grin

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 04, 2014
In the spirit of cheap shots hian, wetin person no go seedor nairaland? When the chips are down shebi its the same lazy, good for nothing, doing nothing, inventing nothing lazy, whinny women somebody go dey inbox make them help am complete school fees hehehehehe.

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 8:39am On Nov 04, 2014
Good morning my fellow sisters in laziness. Another blissful lazy morning for me. grin grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Buchman1(m): 9:05am On Nov 04, 2014
tatiana009:
Nigerians like suffering and they are usually envious of those who are not. Majority of them can't afford to buy those gadgets or use a hospital where they can get epidural . Instead of them to admit that they are unable to afford these things they would rather try and put those things down and make it sound bad for those who are fortunate enough to be able to afford it. It's the same way you will hear a man who cannot even afford to buy a bicycle saying that he dosen't even like Range Rovers because they are too common lmao.

Most women that have all these gadgets work and they are contributing financially and then it will afford them the time to take care of them self look wise and still have steamy sex anytime. That to me is a good wife not one who looks a mess and just lies there during sex because the poor woman is tired from pounding yam and doing other chorea while she also had to go o work. The same men would insult the woman for letting herself go a if women have 48hour in a day.
you sound so shallow minded
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by honeric01(m): 9:34am On Nov 04, 2014
Shirley07:

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by babestell(f): 9:37am On Nov 04, 2014
cococandy

Please can you get back to the discussion. Your comments are quite interesting to read.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by 5minsmadness: 9:55am On Nov 04, 2014
Choi grin
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by obowunmi(m): 10:13am On Nov 04, 2014
SirShymex:
Let me just clown you for the last time before I get back to more important things.

Trying too hard, self-esteem issues, and begging for acceptance:

- I post on only topics I'm acquainted with, and most times things of interests. And when I'm not doing that, I just clown/flirt around with normal folks I've known on here for time. However, I'm anonymous, and I don't do unnecessary famzing.

- You on the other hand posted pictures of ya village wedding on here trying to get folks to notice you. You jump on UK and US threads giving harebrained opinions about places you have never even been to. I'd even wager that you have never even been on an aeroplane in ya existence. Heck, you don't even live in a city in Nigeria, you live in a darn downtrodden village. Yet you jump from thread to thread with opinions on everything.

Level

- You don't even have a job, and you're married to a normal marine in the army, who's most likely on minimum wage.

- 6 years ago, I was far above that level. Heck, even my little sister isn't even on ya level - and that's the truth. I'd say you and your hussy combined won't be able to achieve what I achieved by age 19, in the next decade - true story. Just because I don't blow my trumpet on here, that doesn't mean everyone is on ya level.

You're a village bum, and the type I won't even give a second look if I were to bump into you on the street. I'll probably just run you over, and get someone to come get ya carcass off the road. grin

LoooooL - this one na serious yabbing. cry cry cry

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by macof(m): 10:20am On Nov 04, 2014
Shirley07:

Of course it is when a stupid man like you expects his first wife to do the act of loving and bonding which the man destroyed in the first place yet claimed africa women don't suffer.
That stupid mentality was obviously ingrained in you by your father and it's no fault of mine I was taught differently by my parents. No wonder, you have a stupid head on your shoulder and I repeat, a 2 yrs kid has a better brain than you, jungle man.

For ur information u deranged cow. Ur ancestors were polygamous
And they didn't kill themselves of hate otherwise you would never have been born

The best form of love, unity and understanding exists in a polygamous family, it's a lazy man who doesn't care for his family that allows his wives and children.cause chaos.
it's left for u to question ur father for his incompetence

4 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 10:39am On Nov 04, 2014
aisha2:
Good morning my fellow sisters in laziness. Another blissful lazy morning for me. grin grin grin grin grin grin
Trouble maker... u buy gas and u say ur husband does not support u cooking on gas. When will u acknowledge his efforts?

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Shirley07: 10:40am On Nov 04, 2014
macof:

For ur information u deranged cow. Ur ancestors were polygamous
And they didn't kill themselves of hate otherwise you would never have been born

The best form of love, unity and understanding exists in a polygamous family, it's a lazy man who doesn't care for his family that allows his wives and children.cause chaos.
it's left for u to question ur father for his incompetence
In the polygamous house wey dey ya brain.
A man who puts his family in a polygamous way has no love for the family. Anyway, it's obvious you can't give what you don't have, just like you can't give love because your family never had it, jungle man.

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 10:47am On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:
I currently work 8-8 or even 9 on a Good day. And I have to leave home by 7 in the morning. On a side note, I'm trying to get another job.

When I started working, I wanted to buy a washing machine. I got discouraged by colleagues but I went as far as pricing it. Due to some reasons, I ended up not buying it.

Weekends that should be spent resting from my gruelling schedule are spent washing and what not. Bear in mind that I work most Saturdays too and sometimes Sunday.

Just this weekend, my man was around and I had to skip a wedding where he was the bestman, because I had washing chores to do. He wasn't Happy I tell you. And has told me countless time to give them to drycleaners.
The food was what he appreciated because he feels the time I spent washing, we could have spent it together at the wedding.

Fact is all these things make life easier. And they give you more time for other things. Be it another chore, going out or simply resting (nothing wrong with that ).

We are setting up our house and he already bought a big gas that would allow me boil rice on a burner, fry chicken on another, and make the soup on a third. A freezer to stock up with fish So I don't have to visit the market everyday, a blender to blend my onions and pepper for When I cook beans, a fruit juicer as we are trying to eat healthy and a gym subscription for us as a family.

I've also told him I'm getting a big washing machine and an umbrella and wicket chairs where we can sip the juice from the juicer and RELAX. To think of it, I am adding a pressure pot to that, to cook beans within the fastest time possible.

Truth is we don't have to make life difficult for ourselves if we can make it easier.
You gonna live on a triplex on a two-plot, right?
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2014
aisha2:

The toothbrush i used this morning is a battery operated toothbrush. I'm still looking for the one that will put the tooth paste, then move it around my teeth while im in bed.

The award should be given to me, you are just a first runner up

3 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Godmystrength: 10:52am On Nov 04, 2014
aisha2:
my sister, wetin dey happen here o?? see as yabbing full everywhere... na wa o...

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by dabossman(m): 10:52am On Nov 04, 2014
lolaluv1:

Er, dear, didn't you get the memo? MOST Nigerian men don't buy home appliances for their wives because it makes them lazy. Why are you coming here to "lie" that your husband bought a big gas cooker, freezer and blender. Or is your husband not part of most men?

4 Likes

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 10:56am On Nov 04, 2014
You know you have got audience, when you are in battle ground with one of your 'frienemy' and the others hide behind their back to click like grin

cococandy and shymex. Whats up? I thought yboth are pallies cheesy
Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by Nobody: 11:08am On Nov 04, 2014
Chillisauce:
You know you have got audience, when you are in battle ground with one of your 'frienemy' and the others hide behind their back to click like grin

cococandy and shymex. Whats up? I thought yboth are pallies cheesy
tongue

1 Like

Re: Does Being A " Good African Wife"= Suffering? by babygirlfl: 11:22am On Nov 04, 2014
Cococandy and sirshymex, you are both bigger than this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Nigerian Dad Politely Rejects His Daughter’s N10k Father’s Day Gift (Video) / My Dad Has Refused To Rest In Peace Because Of His Monetary Vow In Church / This Woman Happily Announced That Her Hubby is Taking A 2nd Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.