Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,114 members, 7,818,320 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Atheist Comedy Videos - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Atheist Comedy Videos (29404 Views)

Seun Kuti Is Happy, He Is An Atheist / Atheist Quotes. / The Reasons You Must Stop Arguing With Atheist. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by malvisguy212: 8:18am On Nov 07, 2014
davien:
Okay,you can call yourself whatever you want....its a free country..but if you ask me,moses is a fabled man in jewish mythology....calling yourself a jew makes me see you as a semitic wannabe.. undecided
If you feel you want to be a jew....convert to one...instead of posing as one. smiley
have you not seen a nigerian with the name ,moses?
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by frank317: 8:59am On Nov 07, 2014
malvisguy212:
I AM MOSES.

Ya right, I am king David... And I am gonna fxck all your nice

1 Like

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Mescopaul(m): 9:53am On Nov 07, 2014
I've long quitted arguements with atheists or any religion-related issue. It doesn't help matters. Atheists don't want to change not because they've strong reasons, but just because they are too lazy to worship and serve God. I'm unfollowing this thread so don't bother to quote me. I have a LAST word for all you guys including the owner of this forum (it pains me that you are an atheist, i'm a lover of programmers and internet scientists, i've actualy and personaly admired you, infact i was your secret fan, but i've lost all the high esteem i held for you, though it means little or nothing to you.) . My LAST exhortation is this: "I plead with all you guys to refocus your lives and serve God. It's just ONE life, ONE chance, pls don't blow it"

Goodmorning.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by That2: 10:37am On Nov 07, 2014
Mescopaul:
I've long quitted arguements with atheists or any religion-related issue. It doesn't help matters. Atheists don't want to change not because they've strong reasons, but just because they are too lazy to worship and serve God. I'm unfollowing this thread so don't bother to quote me. I have a LAST word for all you guys including the owner of this forum (it pains me that you are an atheist, i'm a lover of programmers and internet scientists, i've actualy and personaly admired you, infact i was your secret fan, but i've lost all the high esteem i held for you, though it means little or nothing to you.) . My LAST exhortation is this: "I plead with all you guys to refocus your lives and serve God. It's just ONE life, ONE chance, pls don't blow it"

Goodmorning.
Yea you lost all respect for seun because he is an atheist, so? Is it a new thing. You would have prefer he is a Christian even an hypocritical sinful Christian, as long as he scream the name of the carpenter every minutes no big deal? You should get ready to be disappointed even further. A lot more sceptical folks are about to renounce their beliefs. Even if they don't become atheist they will rather become a deist, agnostics, or just a moderate sceptical Christian/Muslim. Not everyone will swallow those jews/arabs craps. People eyes are opening!

BTW.If your god is looking for hardworking people to worship him constantly he should have created robots.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Seun(m): 11:36am On Nov 07, 2014
davien:
@seun,I see this thread being derailed from its intended purpose....
Yea. Sorry. It's almost inevitable though.
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by davien(m): 4:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Dannyset(m): 10:42pm On Nov 07, 2014
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 53:1

1 Like

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by davien(m): 11:07pm On Nov 07, 2014
Dannyset:
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 53:1
okay,anything else?

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Keluong(m): 2:43am On Nov 09, 2014
Seun:
The Meaning of Life

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6_9QmM6TfE
wonderful video(1st one) I must say.
The best atheist video I have seen.
Everyone needs to watch it
I have always been trying to open a thread for the message it portrays, its just time to handle opposers, I don't have.
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by LordReed(m): 7:53am On Nov 09, 2014
Seun:
I am not claiming to be an atheist on this thread. But I really want people to watch the first video especially.

Anyone who has looked at the Genesis will know that there's no where in it were God says "now you shall praise me" in any shape or form. This renders that first video into a fallacy.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by cbi24: 8:05am On Nov 09, 2014
I do not agree
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Proffdada: 9:45am On Nov 09, 2014
davien:
"What if you're wrong"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GScdUIYXglA&itct=CDMQpDAiEwi3oJXY6ujBAhWC1KoKHRs-AGQyC2M0LXZpZGVvcy11WhhVQ0xodFpxZGtqc2hncThUcXdJak1kQ1E%3D&client=mv-google&gl=NG&hl=en
Funny atheists 'speculating' IF when the truth of afterlife is justified by string theory. Atheists are just scared of eternal damnation but it's never too late. Give ur lives to Christ
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by davien(m): 10:24am On Nov 09, 2014
Proffdada:

Funny atheists 'speculating' IF when the truth of afterlife is justified by string theory. Atheists are just scared of eternal damnation but it's never too late. Give ur lives to Christ
string theory and afterlife? I don't quite get you undecided
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Proffdada: 11:39am On Nov 09, 2014
davien:
does it take a rocket scientist?
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 11:56am On Nov 09, 2014
Proffdada:

Now lets break the above comment down

You said "atheists are just scared of eternal damnation, but it's never too late give your lives to Christ"

This is very interesting.

Now this is like saying, i am scared of using a life jacket to swim because i'm scared of drowning.
does that make sense?

You are the one imploring us to take your salvation massage out of fear of eternal damnation and not the other way round.

Does it make sense that i am afraid of drowning and that is my reason for not taking your life jacket

Dont get it twisted, we are not afraid of eternity, we are not skeptical. Majority of christains are christain based on the fear you mentioned above... Eternal damnation, not atheists.

I hope you understand all i said. (U shld if u are sincere with yourself)

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
davien:
How can the basis of our unbelieve be on our fear of eternal damnation.
If we are scared of eternal damnation, does that not make use believers?
Can you be scared of what you dont believe exists?

So if we believe in eternal damnation and for that reason run away from the salvation we know of, does that not contradict our fear of eternal damnation?

Proffdada your statement contradicts its self.

If a truck is coming at full speed towards me, i wont stay there and wait for it to it me. I will run from it cos i am sure i will die if it hits me. I run from the path of the truck cos i am scared of it.

You are saying we refuse to run from the path of destruction cos we are afraid of it.

Christains are running cos they are the ones that are afraid. The wicked runs even when no one pursues. Lol
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by davien(m): 12:05pm On Nov 09, 2014
Proffdada:
does it take a rocket scientist?
Where are the peer reviewed postulations string theorists have given for the afterlife?
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 12:12pm On Nov 09, 2014
davien:
Where are the peer reviewed postulations string theorists have given for the afterlife?
There is no logical argument for religion. It's all based on speculations. Facts can be proven. The proofs and be repeated over and over again at the right conditions.

2 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Timmytimmy: 5:14pm On Nov 09, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

There is no logical argument for religion. It's all based on speculations. Facts can be proven. The proofs and be repeated over and over again at the right conditions.

There are far more inconsistencies in atheism and there is actually more evidence for the existence of God than against it if you're being objective. That's why men like Bill Gates and Blaise Pascal came to the conclusions they did.

Firstly, I'm not a religious person, I just need answers to certain questions.

Where did you get your sense of morality and ethics from? Do you realise that cannibals in thick jungles eat their own children?

Have you ever read about the complexity of the Galaxy?

I actually almost became an atheist until I discovered that it takes more faith to be an atheist than a theist. There are a million questions that atheists cannot answer but always gives the silly answer that science will answer it in years.

Besides, most of those videos show an incredibly high level of ignorance( or is it bias) on the part of whoever created them.

I love carrying out intelligent and objective conversations with atheists and skeptics and I say this with all due respect to the atheists on this thread. Some of you have taken it as a point of duty to convert this "unyielding" believers hence you aren't being objective.
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 6:15pm On Nov 09, 2014
Timmytimmy:

There are far more inconsistencies in atheism and there is actually more evidence for the existence of God than against it if you're being objective. That's why men like Bill Gates and Blaise Pascal came to the conclusions they did.

Firstly, I'm not a religious person, I just need answers to certain questions.

Where did you get your sense of morality and ethics from? Do you realise that cannibals in thick jungles eat their own children?

Have you ever read about the complexity of the Galaxy?

I actually almost became an atheist until I discovered that it takes more faith to be an atheist than a theist. There are a million questions that atheists cannot answer but always gives the silly answer that science will answer it in years.

Besides, most of those videos show an incredibly high level of ignorance( or is it bias) on the part of whoever created them.

I love carrying out intelligent and objective conversations with atheists and skeptics and I say this with all due respect to the atheists on this thread. Some of you have taken it as a point of duty to convert this "unyielding" believers hence you aren't being objective.
AT LAST (maybe undecided)
Someone who can reason objectively.
I beg for answers to all the questions you raised.
Please kindly tell me how religion has answered this questions objectively (using your own words)
Has religion been able to prove that our sense of moral is from God?

Has religion been able to prove that the galaxy was created by God?

Please share with us.

And which of the religious accounts of creation do you believe and why?

Why are the answers your religion provide the right ones?

Please oblige me and lets discuss this objectively now.

Thank you
Glad you are here

1 Like

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Proffdada: 6:40pm On Nov 09, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

Now lets break the above comment down

You said "atheists are just scared of eternal damnation, but it's never too late give your lives to Christ"

This is very interesting.

Now this is like saying, i am scared of using a life jacket to swim because i'm scared of drowning.
does that make sense?

You are the one imploring us to take your salvation massage out of fear of eternal damnation and not the other way round.

Does it make sense that i am afraid of drowning and that is my reason for not taking your life jacket

Dont get it twisted, we are not afraid of eternity, we are not skeptical. Majority of christains are christain based on the fear you mentioned above... Eternal damnation, not atheists.

I hope you understand all i said. (U shld if u are sincere with yourself)

on the contrary Christians remain Christians to enjoy eternal life
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2014
Proffdada:
on the contrary Christians remain Christians to enjoy eternal life
Ok

So do you still believe atheist reject the idea of theism because they are afraid of eternal damnation (a true atheist does not even believe in your afterlife so how can he be afraid?).
That was your attempt to make atheists look like hypocrites, believing something but not acting it.

We simple dont believe in what religion teaches. We aint afraid of eternal damnation at all.
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Proffdada: 7:58pm On Nov 09, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

Ok

So do you still believe atheist reject the idea of theism because they are afraid of eternal damnation (a true atheist does not even believe in your afterlife so how can he be afraid?).
That was your attempt to make atheists look like hypocrites, believing something but not acting it.

We simple dont believe in what religion teaches. We aint afraid of eternal damnation at all.
or u try not to believe but you KNOW it's true. knowledge in denial. u have one life to live ,beyond that is a dimension where time irrelevant.
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Timmytimmy: 9:38pm On Nov 09, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

AT LAST (maybe undecided)
Someone who can reason objectively.
I beg for answers to all the questions you raised.
Please kindly tell me how religion has answered this questions objectively (using your own words)
Has religion been able to prove that our sense of moral is from God?

Has religion been able to prove that the galaxy was created by God?

Please share with us.

And which of the religious accounts of creation do you believe and why?

Why are the answers your religion provide the right ones?

Please oblige me and lets discuss this objectively now.

Thank you
Glad you are here

I'll start by stating that my perogative is to tell you why I'm not an atheist and to prove that atheism isn't a smart choice. It is self-defeating. In later posts l'll say my religion and why I have that believe system.

Firstly, the issue of an absolute Law is one that we cannot over look in our quest for truth.
You asked me to show how religion explains Morality and ethics. I'll give a very simpe and logical answer to this and give an illustration from one of the most epic trials in History; the Nuremberg trials.

I never implicitly said our sense of moral is from God. You must understand that anything that deals with what is good and what is bad is purely a result of your environment and culture. What this means in essence is that an uncivilised person say a person living in the Amazon forest who happens to be a cannibal believes that eating people is good.
Murder means nothing to such a person. Stealing means nothing to such a person.

Doesn't this follow that at some point in history there must have been a sort of revelation or giving of an Absolute Law or code of living by an entity that exists outside the universe? If man became moral beings on their own like I suspect you'll say, then what is our yardstick for measuring right and wrong? Is it just a random poll of what we all agree on?

If atheism is true, there is no Moral Law in this universe? There is no absolute right and wrong!

To drive home my point, i'll paint a scene from the Nuremberg trial of the Holocaust.

At the Nuremberg trials, there was a fascinating dialogue going on all the time about how these judges would defend themselves. The man that defended them kept on saying that they were operating according to the Laws of the Land.

Those laws validated the death of over 11 million people. The country validated those Laws!!!!

Finally, in frustration, somebody said "gentlemen, is there not a LAW above our Laws?

And if you ask an atheist, there is no law above our Laws.

I'll answer your next question about the galaxy in my next post.

I'll round up this one by saying, the fact that you have noticed inconsistencies in theism doesn't mean there aren't more in athiesm.

Allow me to define atheism; it is not a believe that says I don't think there is a God. It is saying "I am sure that there is no God. It is affirming a negative in the Absolute and that is an illogical conclusion. Why? It is equivalent to saying there is no tree with 500000 leaves anywhere in the umiverse.The only way to affirm that is to have unlimited knowledge of the universe.

Atheism says "I have infinite knowledge to say that there is no one's with infinite knowledge".

Be right back.........Let's sit tight. smiley

1 Like

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by davien(m): 11:53pm On Nov 09, 2014
Timmytimmy:

I'll start by stating that my perogative is to tell you why I'm not an atheist and to prove that atheism isn't a smart choice. It is self-defeating. In later posts l'll say my religion and why I have that believe system.
atheism isn't a choice...it is the rejection of belief...atheists don't pick and choose beliefs....but asks if they can be validated...until that is done, belief is suspended.

Firstly, the issue of an absolute Law is one that we cannot over look in our quest for truth.
I agree...

You asked me to show how religion explains Morality and ethics. I'll give a very simpe and logical answer to this and give an illustration from one of the most epic trials in History; the Nuremberg trials.
okay...

I never implicitly said our sense of moral is from God. You must understand that anything that deals with what is good and what is bad is purely a result of your environment and culture.
I agree(norms and mores)

What this means in essence is that an uncivilised person say a person living in the Amazon forest who happens to be a cannibal believes that eating people is good.
Cannibalism isn't always murder, not condoling such though...just want you to know that eating something already dead is still cannibalism but not murder..

Doesn't this follow that at some point in history there must have been a sort of revelation or giving of an Absolute Law or code of living by an entity that exists outside the universe?
so because an uncivilized person does uncivilized things...therefore an entity that you are inexplicably aware of living outside of the universe gave an "absolute law" and "code"?
So it's not because as hamlets,villages grew...people needed to figure out how to relate with one another....?

If man became moral beings on their own like I suspect you'll say, then what is our yardstick for measuring right and wrong? Is it just a random poll of what we all agree on?
Not a random poll....but rather an approach of finding out what are the best interest of people and to minimize or cease harm..

If atheism is true, there is no Moral Law in this universe? There is no absolute right and wrong!
replace atheism with disbelief in "god" and see how your statement is plain silly....
And can you point to one absolute right or wrong ethic?

To drive home my point, i'll paint a scene from the Nuremberg trial of the Holocaust.
okay..'

At the Nuremberg trials, there was a fascinating dialogue going on all the time about how these judges would defend themselves. The man that defended them kept on saying that they were operating according to the Laws of the Land.
okay....

Those laws validated the death of over 11 million people. The country validated those Laws!!!!
Correct,the killing of those people were defended by their laws....
Why we can call such as pure evil is because it violated the well being of millions and deliberately caused harm..
An absolute like "harm is bad"... gives us this result...

Finally, in frustration, somebody said "gentlemen, is there not a LAW above our Laws?
No...the only known thing that makes laws are people..

And if you ask an atheist, there is no law above our Laws.
And indeed it can be demonstrated by various laws governing various civilizations(past and present) that all were made by people......you can purposely try and prove me wrong...

I'll round up this one by saying, the fact that you have noticed inconsistencies in theism doesn't mean there aren't more in athiesm.
atheism.....is merely disbelief in "god/gods" because of the lack of evidence...
Any inconsistencies you see in atheism would be in large part due to what purpose you claim your "god" has..
If you say "god" is the source of love, you'd say atheism means no love exists.
If you say "god" gives absolutes, you'd say atheism means no absolutes exists.

Allow me to define atheism; it is not a believe that says I don't think there is a God. It is saying "I am sure that there is no God.
WRONG atheism simply is...this "I don't know god/gods(depending on definition) exists"
You sir have made your own definition to serve your purpose...
It is affirming a negative in the Absolute and that is an illogical conclusion. Why? It is equivalent to saying there is no tree with 500000 leaves anywhere in the umiverse.The only way to affirm that is to have unlimited knowledge of the universe.
And here we go....after building a straw definition of atheism you use it to demonstrate how illogical it is...
how is a disbelief=an affirmative negative...? undecided
It is like saying I don't know=i know it isn't undecided

Atheism says "I have infinite knowledge to say that there is no one's with infinite knowledge".
I am not even shocked anymore with the level of dishonesty you have...
You've created your own false definition of atheism and led it to slaughter..

It's best you come to answer your misdeeds and equivocation fallacy.... undecided

4 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 5:28am On Nov 10, 2014
Timmytimmy:

Ok, i love this. You are doing far better than anyone has done so far on this thread.
Quick answers to the points you raised

I never implicitly said our sense of moral is from God. You must understand that anything that deals with what is good and what is bad is purely a result of your environment and culture. What this means in essence is that an uncivilised person say a person living in the Amazon forest who happens to be a cannibal believes that eating people is good.
There are 2 postulations that defeats the above
1. If morality was designed to be part of us by God, why is it that the communities that practice cannibalism dont feel any guilt practicing such? While some other obviously more civilized communities see it as barbaric and wrong? Did different gods create this two groups?

2. Every living organism stives to survive by selecting what improves their chances. Morality is a means to a more vibrant population. Is it possible that our morals kept evolving to ensure different parks of wondering humans could settle together and support the survival of the human specie. As it is evident that very odd civilizations such as that found in the forests of the amazon and paupa new guinue and indonesian jungles have contrasting believes to modern civilizations.

You have not proved anything regarding our sense of morality.

All moral imprinting in humans are developed from the community they grow up with and guilt is never felt when there is no imprinted law against that which is common practice.

This made me laff really hard.
For real?
All laws known to man are created by man
Laws must always have authority
To make them binding. Authority comes from rewards and punishment. Religion presents a god authority to reward and punish. Question is shall mankind leave it to God's authority? No. that is why we punish breaches in law on behalf of god.
A call for a Higher law does not mean it proves that such law is from god. It is simple a law that is more agreeable to the benefit of all.
Let us not forget that religion has been the basis on which many have been justified to kill and perpetrate evils.

Yes there is no absolute right or wrong. None.

Is there any absolute law?
No.
San people simple dont know what stealing is.
Traditional indus dont see anything wrong in selling their children.
Muslims dont see anything wrong in getting married to a 14year old girl and having sex with her.
Ancient romans didnt see anything wrong in a man having sex with a boy. It was very popular.

You say things are wrong when they are counter productive. Dont forget survival is the primary goal of all living things. A lion will not want to share his kill with other lions cos he wants it all to himself and it will ensure his survival, but he will share with a lioness so he can have sex with her and reproduce

We have laws that protects us. We develop moral sense based on laws we grow up with. All morals we have are learnt from other humans. There are moments when we reflect over happenings in our society and we feel sad that things are going wrong. Eg wars. This could make us develop a sense of moral that abhors wars and see it as never justified. Hence the continues evolution of morals

A feral child does not know morals, it has to be taught else the child will keep behaving like the animal it grew up with.

There is simply no absolutes. It shows that we have an evolving morality conscience that selects practices that are most favorable to our survival.

Allow me to define atheism; it is not a believe that says I don't think there is a God. It is saying "I am sure that there is no God. It is affirming a negative in the Absolute and that is an illogical conclusion. Why? It is equivalent to saying there is no tree with 500000 leaves anywhere in the umiverse.The only way to affirm that is to have unlimited knowledge of the universe.

Yes, Atheism is saying there is no god. Problem is god has been defined by religion.
We want to understand the universe, we want to understand our existence, we want to know if mankind has an ultimate purpose

But we dont want our answers from tales and legends. We want facts that can be agreeable at any time and anywhere.

We are on a quest for answers, we have examined the answers our fellow men have boldly claimed are from god and we realized they are not only unverifiable or reliable, but quiet ridiculous and self contradictory.

So yes we dont accept any of the answers that have come from a "divine" being not cos we hate him, but because we realize these are the creations of men in bid to manipulate other men.

Religion has its purpose and very good ones at that, but be are saying there is nothing supernatural in it, no divine being is the source of your believes. That is atheism.

3 Likes

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by davien(m): 7:34am On Nov 10, 2014
If you don't believe in santa,you live life like santa doesn't exist.....
The problem with theism is that it creates a false dichotomy in which disbelief would mean whatever is a negative of the character you give "god"...
If someone firmly says.... "you can't receive presents without a magical present giver(santa)" ...they have given a dichotomy in which believers of santa can have presents while disbelievers can't...
Same with "god"...whatever attribute you give "god", the negative of that would be labelled to unbelievers...
So people living life like "god" doesn't exist to a theist would mean they are immoral(if morality is attributed to the "god")...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Proffdada: 8:26am On Nov 10, 2014
davien:
atheism isn't a choice...it is the rejection of belief...atheists don't pick and choose beliefs....but asks if they can be validated...until that is done, belief is suspended.

I agree...
okay...
I agree(norms and mores)
Cannibalism isn't always murder, not condoling such though...just want you to know that eating something already dead is still cannibalism but not murder..
so because an uncivilized person does uncivilized things...therefore an entity that you are inexplicably aware of living outside of the universe gave an "absolute law" and "code"?
So it's not because as hamlets,villages grew...people needed to figure out how to relate with one another....?
Not a random poll....but rather an approach of finding out what are the best interest of people and to minimize or cease harm..
replace atheism with disbelief in "god" and see how your statement is plain silly....
And can you point to one absolute right or wrong ethic?
okay..'
okay....
Correct,the killing of those people were defended by their laws....
Why we can call such as pure evil is because it violated the well being of millions and deliberately caused harm..
An absolute like "harm is bad"... gives us this result...
No...the only known thing that makes laws are people..
And indeed it can be demonstrated by various laws governing various civilizations(past and present) that all were made by people......you can purposely try and prove me wrong...

atheism.....is merely disbelief in "god/gods" because of the lack of evidence...
Any inconsistencies you see in atheism would be in large part due to what purpose you claim your "god" has..
If you say "god" is the source of love, you'd say atheism means no love exists.
If you say "god" gives absolutes, you'd say atheism means no absolutes exists.
WRONG atheism simply is...this "I don't know god/gods(depending on definition) exists"
You sir have made your own definition to serve your purpose...
And here we go....after building a straw definition of atheism you use it to demonstrate how illogical it is...
how is a disbelief=an affirmative negative...? undecided
It is like saying I don't know=i know it isn't undecided
I am not even shocked anymore with the level of dishonesty you have...
You've created your own false definition of atheism and led it to slaughter..
It's best you come to answer your misdeeds and equivocation fallacy.... undecided
cheap and weak counters, he has made it clear but u r still in denial to protect emptiness. better wake up from ur misconceptions and stick with the truth. 99% of the world population cannot be wrong
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Proffdada: 8:30am On Nov 10, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

Ok, i love this. You are doing far better than anyone has done so far on this thread.
Quick answers to the points you raised

There are 2 postulations that defeats the above
1. If morality was designed to be part of us by God, why is it that the communities that practice cannibalism dont feel any guilt practicing such? While some other obviously more civilized communities see it as barbaric and wrong? Did different gods create this two groups?

2. Every living organism stives to survive by selecting what improves their chances. Morality is a means to a more vibrant population. Is it possible that our morals kept evolving to ensure different parks of wondering humans could settle together and support the survival of the human specie. As it is evident that very odd civilizations such as that found in the forests of the amazon and paupa new guinue and indonesian jungles have contrasting believes to modern civilizations.

You have not proved anything regarding our sense of morality.

All moral imprinting in humans are developed from the community they grow up with and guilt is never felt when there is no imprinted law against that which is common practice.

This made me laff really hard.
For real?
All laws known to man are created by man
Laws must always have authority
To make them binding. Authority comes from rewards and punishment. Religion presents a god authority to reward and punish. Question is shall mankind leave it to God's authority? No. that is why we punish breaches in law on behalf of god.
A call for a Higher law does not mean it proves that such law is from god. It is simple a law that is more agreeable to the benefit of all.
Let us not forget that religion has been the basis on which many have been justified to kill and perpetrate evils.

Yes there is no absolute right or wrong. None.

Is there any absolute law?
No.
San people simple dont know what stealing is.
Traditional indus dont see anything wrong in selling their children.
Muslims dont see anything wrong in getting married to a 14year old girl and having sex with her.
Ancient romans didnt see anything wrong in a man having sex with a boy. It was very popular.

You say things are wrong when they are counter productive. Dont forget survival is the primary goal of all living things. A lion will not want to share his kill with other lions cos he wants it all to himself and it will ensure his survival, but he will share with a lioness so he can have sex with her and reproduce

We have laws that protects us. We develop moral sense based on laws we grow up with. All morals we have are learnt from other humans. There are moments when we reflect over happenings in our society and we feel sad that things are going wrong. Eg wars. This could make us develop a sense of moral that abhors wars and see it as never justified. Hence the continues evolution of morals

A feral child does not know morals, it has to be taught else the child will keep behaving like the animal it grew up with.

There is simply no absolutes. It shows that we have an evolving morality conscience that selects practices that are most favorable to our survival.

Yes, Atheism is saying there is no god. Problem is god has been defined by religion.
We want to understand the universe, we want to understand our existence, we want to know if mankind has an ultimate purpose

But we dont want our answers from tales and legends. We want facts that can be agreeable at any time and anywhere.

We are on a quest for answers, we have examined the answers our fellow men have boldly claimed are from god and we realized they are not only unverifiable or reliable, but quiet ridiculous and self contradictory.

So yes we dont accept any of the answers that have come from a "divine" being not cos we hate him, but because we realize these are the creations of men in bid to manipulate other men.

Religion has its purpose and very good ones at that, but be are saying there is nothing supernatural in it, no divine being is the source of your believes. That is atheism.

the tales and legends are just simplified way of an omniscient God communicates with man.
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by MissTeaseMe(f): 9:01am On Nov 10, 2014
Proffdada:

the tales and legends are just simplified way of an omniscient God communicates with man.
That makes sense
Now we are getting somewhere

So why did you choose the bible's tales and legends above that of hundreds of other religions. What makes it true and makes others silly?

Thank you sir
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by Timmytimmy: 9:33am On Nov 10, 2014
MissTeaseMe:

That makes sense
Now we are getting somewhere

So why did you choose the bible's tales and legends above that of hundreds of other religions. What makes it true and makes others silly?

Thank you sir

I'll be back later in the day to answer the questions you raised but for now, let me just say that I'm not going to preach any religion to you yet. I am here to show you that atheism thrives not on it's own evidences but by trying to pull down the evidences of theism.

Also, I knew you'll take my bait about the throwing of Absolutes out of the window because that is what atheists do. But how can you do this? I just told you that millions and people were murdered because of that belief.

Can there not come a time in the world when men will have a seemingly valid economic or political theory with which to make killing right ,afterall what are human beings but a collocation of atoms? You have already agreed with me that the reason you know murder is wrong is because you were taught.

Before I come back, please read up on Josef Stalin and how his hatred for things religious and his reading the writings of Friedrich Nietzsche helped him build his political and economic theory that led to the death of many.

Thanks a lot for your replies, God bless.
Don't worry, you're already on your way to agnosticism, when I saw your posts this morning, I had a surge of hope. Take care.

Mr Davien,*chuckles* I know what I'm about to say may seem unfair but really, I don't think I can discuss anything meaningful with you online. I know many like you and I see a lot of prejudice and bias in your posts. Engaging you in an argument will have one inevitable end: sharp disagreements where either side ends up angry and more prejudiced towards the other belief system coupled with the waste of a huge amount of time and energy and that is something i can't lose now. I hope you understand that I have nothing against you, im just politely declining. Goodluck to you.
Re: Atheist Comedy Videos by davien(m): 4:39pm On Nov 10, 2014
Proffdada:
cheap and weak counters, he has made it clear but u r still in denial to protect emptiness. better wake up from ur misconceptions and stick with the truth. 99% of the world population cannot be wrong
So you are proposing an argument of "majority"...
what you are saying is merely "if 99% believe this therefore its true" undecided ....
If 99% believed the earth were flat in the middle ages,why wasn't it true?
If 99% believed in alchemy why wasn't it true?
If 99% believed in zeus creating lightning why wasn't it true?
If 99% believed in human sacrifice to "gods" does that make it true?
And if you can point any misconception that I have...mention it and lets correct that. smiley

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Celebrates Pastor Adeboye At 78, Says He Always Told Leaders Truth / Rev. Obofour Makes A Man To Smoke Weed In Church (video) / Lagos Pastor, Okafor Donates N500,000 To A Boy With Lump In The Head

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 143
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.