Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,738 members, 7,817,034 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:06 AM

Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History (27284 Views)

The Liars Are At Work, Trying To Confuse Us Of Our History, Wake Up!!! / Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East / The Afro-brazilian (saro) Descendants Of Lagos State - Our History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by gatiano(m): 9:39pm On Nov 14, 2014
the language spanish i think is a blackman's language, if not all languages on the earth (still making researches on that). african discovered the universe first brother. it is still very hard and unconceivable for us (the black people) to agree that we owned it all and we still own it, that infact we created every thing, from the dna to the cells to the most complicated life form. there is difference between the verbs "to create" and "to make". we are the created and the creators (not this generations for the past 6 to 10 thousand years), the white people or other races make things out of what we created. and those created stuffs didn't happen by chance, we factioned it to happen through extreme and supreme intelligence and hard work. just in a little while, the world will begin to see it, thousands have already known this especially the whiteman. The whiteman does not want us to wake up to who and what we really are, that is his end. blackmen don't need weapons to defeat them because like i said we created what the weapons were or are made from.
GenBuhari:
Thanks my friend for this.

Now instead of giving Africans any victories or credit in ancient history European historians would categorise them as you wrote: "Arab black" or "Tanned Arabs" always trying to dilute or discredit achievements of Africans in ancient history.

what are termed "white arabs" could have been the results of inter-breeding between whites from the region now known as southern Europe and Africans who had captured and ruled parts of southern Europe especially the region known today as Spain 700 years before European historians claim to have "discovered" Africa.

Africa may have have discovered Europe first.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by PAPAAFRICA: 6:08am On Nov 15, 2014
GenBuhari:
Which sources is that?

The question I posed was did slavery exist prior to the advent of Europeans in Africa?
Has the ancient historical documents of our ancestors confirm that they kept and traded slaves before the first Europeans claimed to have set foot in Africa?

If your source does not meet these criteria, then we can not rely on them.
tarikh al fattash was began early enough and mentions slavery when it recounts the history of the malian empire and mansa musa who reigned from 1307 to 1332.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 15, 2014
Importance of oral trad;
There are things passed down from the first ancestors, from the ages when men attained greater scientific advancement. E.g, in some cultures, pregnant women were not given animal products. Modern man may disregard this as a barbaric, oppressive, or other nasty words used today to describe our culture. Modern medicine will encourage the forbiden. But it was important to keep limit the size of the baby for eazy passage. Now how did this "barbarians" know proteins, their effect to the body? Knowledge passed down in form of taboos, adages, stories, culture, tales etc. This knowledge is at times stolen by foreigners e.g traditional medicine, art, and used to make what they call modern this or that. without books, our ancestors performed complicated head surgeries which only few modern brain surgeons can do. Writting is not as important as you make it sound.

watch a traditional neurosurgeon. Never even been to a modern biology class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5kZ0qL_7Fo
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 1:31pm On Nov 15, 2014
Our general is quiet today. Is he sleeping off a hangover?
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by macof(m): 3:53pm On Nov 15, 2014
igbo2011:

https://www.nairaland.com/973985/nsibiri-pre-colonial-writing-south-eastern

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ge'ez_script

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meroitic_alphabet

Check out those writing systems.

Also learn about Timbukwu with alot of writing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Heh_91lhenA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTLcQsobtG0

Yh I know all this. The issue is, there's no known script written in any African writing system on history before the arrival of caucasians
Without this the OP has said any other thing doesn't count
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by macof(m): 3:56pm On Nov 15, 2014
ROSSIKE:

I'll just put this incomprehensible gibberish down to your low IQ. I'm happy to discuss the topic with individuals whose brains developed past age 6.

You have nothing to discuss
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 4:36pm On Nov 15, 2014
If it is not written down you do not have a record of history. oral history not reliable.
muafrika:
Importance of oral trad;
There are things passed down from the first ancestors, from the ages when men attained greater scientific advancement. E.g, in some cultures, pregnant women were not given animal products. Modern man may disregard this as a barbaric, oppressive, or other nasty words used today to describe our culture. Modern medicine will encourage the forbiden. But it was important to keep limit the size of the baby for eazy passage. Now how did this "barbarians" know proteins, their effect to the body? Knowledge passed down in form of taboos, adages, stories, culture, tales etc. This knowledge is at times stolen by foreigners e.g traditional medicine, art, and used to make what they call modern this or that. without books, our ancestors performed complicated head surgeries which only few modern brain surgeons can do. Writting is not as important as you make it sound.

watch a traditional neurosurgeon. Never even been to a modern biology class:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w5kZ0qL_7Fo
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 4:46pm On Nov 15, 2014
You are wrong there has been proof presented in this very thread that Africans had a writing system before the arrival of the European. But you say it was introduced to Africa by Arabs , so what? All that matters is that we had a system of recording our own history.

Even your claim that those ancient Afirican writing system were introduced by Arabs is without any foundation. Nobody has provided any evidence that Arabs ever conquered any part of Africa.
macof:

Yh I know all this. The issue is, there's no known script written in any African writing system on history before the arrival of caucasians
Without this the OP has said any other thing doesn't count
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 15, 2014
Can you all tell me which country you are from?

macof:

You have nothing to discuss

muafrika:
Our general is quiet today. Is he sleeping off a hangover?

PAPAAFRICA:
tarikh al fattash was began early enough and mentions slavery when it recounts the history of the malian empire and mansa musa who reigned from 1307 to 1332.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2014
Thank you .

let them answer that question!
mrofficial:

And in what currency and what would they do with the money? grin
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 5:06pm On Nov 15, 2014
Are all Africans having comfortable lives? or are you speaking from the perspective of your own comfortable life in Africa?

Truth is that we are still being enslaved even in Africa by proxy.
paniki:
History keeps repeating itself:

Black people continue to willfully leave their comfortable lives in Africa to go enslave themselves in white man's land.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 5:14pm On Nov 15, 2014
Provide evidence that is independent of the influence of the whites, that proves Africans enslaved and traded themselves as slaves. To ensure that the evidence does not have any influence from Europeans, it should be a written historical document produced by us or other races that may have been in Africa before the arrival of Caucasians.
onitshaigbo:

By "tribes", I mean the independent groupings of people in Africa, often sharing the same language, customs, and leadership. It's not an insulting term at all. In fact, the ancient Romans were organized in "tribes", each represented by the "tribune". Stop being so sensitive.

I find it extreme condescending that you're implying that only whites can enslave and sell slaves, as if there are fundamental spiritual/morla differences between them and Africans, when it is common knowledge that race is only a social construct, and that skin color exists in a continuum from Africa to Europe to Asia.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Wulfruna(f): 5:21pm On Nov 15, 2014
GenBuhari:
Provide evidence that is independent of the influence of the whites, that proves Africans enslaved and traded themselves as slaves. To ensure that the evidence does not have any influence from Europeans, it should be a written historical document produced by us or other races that may have been in Africa before the arrival of Caucasians.

Dude, I need to ask you a question. Are you a troll or just don't want to be reasonable? Papa Africa has mentioned two books written in the Western Sudan by black Africans which mentioned local slavery in that area before Europeans came anywhere near there. For reasons best known to you, you ignored his presentations and continued to bludgeon on with your defeated arguments. What's your deal, bruh?

And why can't most people on this thread take a standpoint and stay there? This thread seems to be all over the place, and honestly it is difficult to understand what point or points is/are being debated. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by anonimi: 5:45pm On Nov 15, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Africa has 1.2 billion people. How many of those have ''gone to enslave themselves in the white man's land''? Probably less than 0.0001%. I don't see your point.

x0x, x0x,000 times more than white men who voluntarily enslave themselves in the Dark continent, assuming there is even any.

Do you by chance know any such white man
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 6:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
GenBuhari:

We do not wish to dilute our anonimity.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 6:48pm On Nov 15, 2014
grin this comment does nothing to help your credibility
muafrika:
We do not wish to dilute our anonimity.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 7:00pm On Nov 15, 2014
Wulfruna:

Dude, I need to ask you a question. Are you a troll or just don't want to be reasonable? Papa Africa has mentioned two books written in the Western Sudan by black Africans which mentioned local slavery in that area before Europeans came anywhere near there. For reasons best known to you, you ignored his presentations and continued to bludgeon on with your defeated arguments. What's your deal, bruh?

And why can't most people on this thread take a standpoint and stay there? This thread seems to be all over the place, and honestly it is difficult to understand what point or points is/are being debated. undecided
This is a multi-pronged discussion with the following issues -
1.Did Africans sell each other?
2.Should we believe European account of the same?
3.Does Africa have written records of the same?
4.Is oral tradition a valid source of information?
5.Has any part of the African continent ever been conquered by Arabs? If so, did they capture African slaves?
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 7:10pm On Nov 15, 2014
GenBuhari:
grin this comment does nothing to help your credibility
Why Isnt African enough for you? Judge me for my sensibility and yield abit of ground when evidence presented is credible.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 7:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
but the evidence does not prove that Africans ever kept or traded themselves as slave before the advent of the Europeans
muafrika:
Why Isnt African enough for you? Judge me for my sensibility and yield abit of ground when evidence presented is credible.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 7:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
I am not very clear what your point is. Can you clarify your position about whether we should reject all history written about us by the Europeans unless we can prove that our own historical records supports it.
anonimi:

x0x, x0x,000 times more than white men who voluntarily enslave themselves in the Dark continent, assuming there is even any.

Do you by chance know any such white man
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 7:45pm On Nov 15, 2014
The evidence PapaAfrica presented does not prove that Africa kept and traded slaves.

first it has not been established that the white man had not already entered taken over parts of Africa during the period the of the books. In the absence to clarity that Europeans have not yet entered Africa what prove is there that the author was indeed African?

In any case without being directed to the exact part that slavery was mentioned how can we verify PapaAfrica's evidence? Or is he expecting us to comb through the books searching for that particular mention?

My view is that it is better come to terms with the fact that you do not have records of your ancient history than to accept an unproven and shameful and dishonourable history about us written by European who are our historical enemy.

Do you agree? Or would you rather accept the shameful history written about you by the white man?
Wulfruna:

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2014
MojAyo:
humbledbygrace,re u still busy
hmmm
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 15, 2014
If you do not hear from me in the next few weeks it probably because NL has banned me because I cannot stop saying that Ebola and HIV are hoax designed to ultimately lead us into fearfully rushing to take vaccines that would depopulate us. If the vaccines do not kill you directly it would make you infertile preventing you from reproducing.

Be rest assured that all the doctors and nurses reportedly killed by Ebola in Nigeria are paid actors who are laying low and enjoying their money as we speak.

These are the evil European and American enemies that we are allowing to write a shameful and dishonourable history for us.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 8:40pm On Nov 15, 2014
GenBuhari:
If you do not hear from me in the next few weeks it probably because NL has banned me because I cannot stop saying that Ebola and HIV are hoax designed to ultimately lead us into fearfully rushing to take vaccines that would depopulate us. If the vaccines do not kill you directly it would make you infertile preventing you from reproducing.

Be rest assured that all the doctors and nurses reportedly killed by Ebola in Nigeria are paid actors who are laying low and enjoying their money as we speak.

These are the evil European and American enemies that we are allowing to write a shameful and dishonourable history for us.

If you had made this comment earlier on this thread, I would never have commented here at all, let alone tried to have a rational conversation about this with you. You got issues, my brother, chief of which are an inability to face reality and a compulsive need to spin harebrained (conspiracy) theories about 'Euro-American devils' bent on destroying you.

Get help.

2 Likes

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 8:49pm On Nov 15, 2014
Ebola and HIV are hoaxes

Dont take my word for it. simply google 'Ebola hoax' and 'HIV/AIDS hoax' then come back and tell me whether you would still label be a conspiracy theorist.

First rule of survival in nature is to identify your enemy.

If after centuries of colonialism, slavery neo-colonialism and deadly diseases the white man "discovered" for purposes of our economic exploitation and to depopulate us with the medicines / vaccine that they created for us for just that purpose.;If after all this you still have not identified the white man as your enemy, you are doomed and possibly deserve the destruction that awaits you.

Please wake up before it is too late!
Radoillo:

If you had made this comment earlier on this thread, I would never have commented here at all, let alone tried to have a rational conversation about this with you. You got issues, my brother, chief of which are an inability to face reality and a compulsive need to spin harebrained (conspiracy) theories about 'Euro-American devils' bent on destroying you.

Get help.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by HumbledbYGrace(f): 9:46pm On Nov 15, 2014
MojAyo:
hmmm
harde hle girl. Been busy, will holla don't worry kiss
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 10:08pm On Nov 15, 2014
HumbledbYGrace:
harde hle girl. Been busy, will holla don't worry kiss
I see,okay dear
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by macof(m): 10:09pm On Nov 15, 2014
GenBuhari:
You are wrong there has been proof presented in this very thread that Africans had a writing system before the arrival of the European. But you say it was introduced to Africa by Arabs , so what? All that matters is that we had a system of recording our own history.

Even your claim that those ancient Afirican writing system were introduced by Arabs is without any foundation. Nobody has provided any evidence that Arabs ever conquered any part of Africa.

I never said African didn't have writing system...of course we did, I only claim we had nothing on history.
but u looking for African written source devoid of caucasian influence to back up the general belief that Africans were into slavery long before caucasians came..this u can't get

Arabs did conquer Africa, through Islam. As the Islamic religion spread so did Arab culture
That's what you get for accepting foreign religions
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by PAPAAFRICA: 12:32am On Nov 16, 2014
GenBuhari:

jamaica
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 1:15am On Nov 16, 2014
Does the fact that some Africans adopted Islam automatically mean that Arabs conquered Africa? I think not. If adoption of religion is proof that a nation is conquered then why did India and Arabs countries that were ruled by Britain not adopt Christianity?

Stop letting these European Devils write our history for us.

And whenever there is anything in our ancient history that is positive, then they would ascribe that to Arabs or to themselves rather than giving our ancestors the credit.

You just make sweeping unsubstantiated statements backed by no evidence other than the facts that some parts of Africa practise Islam.

macof:

I never said African didn't have writing system...of course we did, I only claim we had nothing on history.
but u looking for African written source devoid of caucasian influence to back up the general belief that Africans were into slavery long before caucasians came..this u can't get

Arabs did conquer Africa, through Islam. As the Islamic religion spread so did Arab culture
That's what you get for accepting foreign religions
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 1:17am On Nov 16, 2014
Welcome brother.
PAPAAFRICA:
jamaica
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by onitshaigbo(m): 2:19am On Nov 16, 2014
GenBuhari:

Slavery is such a common feature in human history: recorded in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, not to speak of Africa. Of course, not all ethnic groups practised it (in fact perhaps only a small majority did). It is unlikely that a continent as large and diverse as Africa did not practise some form of endogenous slavery.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria / Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary / African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.