Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,756 members, 7,824,169 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History - Culture (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History (27333 Views)

The Liars Are At Work, Trying To Confuse Us Of Our History, Wake Up!!! / Nigerians And Other Africans Must Stop Bowing Down To Westerners And Middle East / The Afro-brazilian (saro) Descendants Of Lagos State - Our History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 2:42am On Nov 16, 2014
Lets stick with hard facts and evidence and not try base our history on assumptions.

Even in the absence of Africans own historical records. surely if the Europeans were telling the truths they would have presented evidence of their transactions with various Kings no such records have ever been discovered.

Look at the photo below.

These are the same people you are trusting to write a truthful history for you?

onitshaigbo:

Slavery is such a common feature in human history: recorded in Europe, Asia, and the Americas, not to speak of Africa. Of course, not all ethnic groups practised it (in fact perhaps only a small majority did). It is unlikely that a continent as large and diverse as Africa did not practise some form of endogenous slavery.

1 Like

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 3:37am On Nov 16, 2014
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by PAPAAFRICA: 3:58am On Nov 16, 2014
GenBuhari:
The evidence PapaAfrica presented does not prove that Africa kept and traded slaves.

first it has not been established that the white man had not already entered taken over parts of Africa during the period the of the books. In the absence to clarity that Europeans have not yet entered Africa what prove is there that the author was indeed African?

In any case without being directed to the exact part that slavery was mentioned how can we verify PapaAfrica's evidence? Or is he expecting us to comb through the books searching for that particular mention?

My view is that it is better come to terms with the fact that you do not have records of your ancient history than to accept an unproven and shameful and dishonourable history about us written by European who are our historical enemy.

Do you agree? Or would you rather accept the shameful history written about you by the white man?
you wouldnt have to comb through anything, pick a random page in the book and you wont go five minutes without the word "slave" being mentioned.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 4:09am On Nov 16, 2014
Then present to us the part that proves that Africans kept slaves before arrival of the white man.
PAPAAFRICA:
you wouldnt have to comb through anything, pick a random page in the book and you wont go five minutes without the word "slave" being mentioned.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 4:17am On Nov 16, 2014
What year was this book written? was it written in English by any chance?
PAPAAFRICA:
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by PAPAAFRICA: 4:52am On Nov 16, 2014
GenBuhari:
What year was this book written? was it written in English by any chance?
begun in the late 1400s completed in the early 1600s, authored by mahmud kati and his descendants. It was written in arabic and then translated into french and english
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by PAPAAFRICA: 5:00am On Nov 16, 2014
https://i.imgur.com/myZBQkG.jpg
This is from the chapter about the malian empire and mansa musa,The farba was the overseer of his slaves.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 5:01am On Nov 16, 2014
macof:

I never said African didn't have writing system...of course we did, I only claim we had nothing on history.
but u looking for African written source devoid of caucasian influence to back up the general belief that Africans were into slavery long before caucasians came..this u can't get

Arabs did conquer Africa, through Islam. As the Islamic religion spread so did Arab culture
That's what you get for accepting foreign religions
You are right. Conquest and religion are bed fellows. But thats because there is a spiritual aspect to authority. The spiritual has to give before any conquest is successful. Every world power knows and prepares for this. Lets not throw out the baby with the bath water though. We know how deep these peoples Christianity is.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 5:25am On Nov 16, 2014
Can you be more specific about the date the book was written. I sound like it was 1600, at least 160years after the arrival of the first Europeans.

I cannot buy story that a book that was started in late 1400s was not completed by 1600. It is more realistic to say the book was written in 1600 but included events the author believed occured over a 100 years earlier.

In any case it would be interesting to see the extracts of the written text that has convince you Africans enslaved and traded themselves as slaves.
PAPAAFRICA:
begun in the late 1400s completed in the early 1600s, authored by mahmud kati and his descendants. It was written in arabic and then translated into french and english
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 10:24am On Nov 16, 2014
I saw those lynching photos the other day, they took photos with the bodies and made posters that they actually used through post office. I started getting why those people are so damaged. They absolutely killed their spirits.

Ebola may be a lab creation or whatever but its killing & contagious. I would be afraid of the company of anyone denying it coz theyll just walk it around, and wont take precaution.

Are you from one of the three countries?
GenBuhari:
Lets stick with hard facts and evidence and not try base our history on assumptions.

Even in the absence of Africans own historical records. surely if the Europeans were telling the truths they would have presented evidence of their transactions with various Kings no such records have ever been discovered.

Look at the photo below.

These are the same people you are trusting to write a truthful history for you?

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 11:25am On Nov 16, 2014
Ebola is a total hoax - does not exist at all. Most of the high profile people that has been infected or died are just actors who were not really infected or dead.

I am not the so-called hotspot countries.
muafrika:
I saw those lynching photos the other day, they took photos with the bodies and made posters that they actually used through post office. I started getting why those people are so damaged. They absolutely killed their spirits.

Ebola may be a lab creation or whatever but its killing & contagious. I would be afraid of the company of anyone denying it coz theyll just walk it around, and wont take precaution.

Are you from one of the three countries?
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 11:40am On Nov 16, 2014
Looking at how this white man is dressed and cigarette in his mouth; it seems this may be relatively recent photo . Post African independence. Imagine the ordeal of our ancestors under colonialism and you allow these devils to write your history for you without supplying any verifiable evidence?

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 12:43pm On Nov 16, 2014
GenBuhari:
That poor woman is probably still alive. Her blood will take vengeance on her behalf.

That photo is titled "European Humanises African Woman." I think the case is the opposite.

1 Like

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 16, 2014
This is the reason we have banned travellers from there. They lie on ebola questionares about contact with ebola patients even when they are the only survivors in their whole village.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by fayahsoul: 7:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
The european isnt the only enemy of the black nation. The indo-europeans( caucasians, arabs and semites) are our enemy. The enslavement of the black african was a holocaust not a trade so it shall be addressed as such. The indo-european mastered the art of kidnapping; infact they turned it into a multinational industry. The question of traditional african slavery is misleading because the very concept of slavery isnt standardized. Those privileges, opportunities and rights that differentiates a free born from a bond individual variesvdrastically between the traditional african and european society. So before we investigate the existence of slavery in traditional african society we must first define which concept of slavery is to be used. More, i see genbuhari trivializes the use of religion as an instrument of control by the oppressor. Mister man, be informed that religion has been used to colonise the spirit of black people. We have been forced to worship the gods and ancestors of our oppressors. Now how can we defeat our enemies when our gods, prophets and messiahs look like them? The arabian enslavement of blacks(ma'at) was much more brutal and longer than the transatlantic saga. Look at north Africa today who would believe that it was once predominantly black? What do you think happened to the autochthonous black groups in that region? genbuhari are you a muslim?

2 Likes

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 17, 2014
Please where is the evidence that Arabs conquered and enslaved Africans. Is this not another lie written by European historians. Where is the evidence from our own ancestors that indicates that we were enslaved by Arabs.

We need to stop accepting negative versions of our history written by the white man if we cannot independently verify it as fact.

BTW I have never said that religion is not a tool of oppression.
I believe that the greatest too of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.
fayahsoul:
The european isnt the only enemy of the black nation. The indo-europeans( caucasians, arabs and semites) are our enemy. The enslavement of the black african was a holocaust not a trade so it shall be addressed as such. The indo-european mastered the art of kidnapping; infact they turned it into a multinational industry. The question of traditional african slavery is misleading because the very concept of slavery isnt standardized. Those privileges, opportunities and rights that differentiates a free born from a bond individual variesvdrastically between the traditional african and european society. So before we investigate the existence of slavery in traditional african society we must first define which concept of slavery is to be used. More, i see genbuhari trivializes the use of religion as an instrument of control by the oppressor. Mister man, be informed that religion has been used to colonise the spirit of black people. We have been forced to worship the gods and ancestors of our oppressors. Now how can we defeat our enemies when our gods, prophets and messiahs look like them? The arabian enslavement of blacks(ma'at) was much more brutal and longer than the transatlantic saga. Look at north Africa today who would believe that it was once predominantly black? What do you think happened to the autochthonous black groups in that region? genbuhari are you a muslim?
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 17, 2014
GenBuhari:
Please where is the evidence that Arabs conquered and enslaved Africans. Is this not another lie written by European historians. Where is the evidence from our own ancestors that indicates that we were enslaved by Arabs.

Lemme guess: You are a Muslim. grin grin grin

I'm waiting for what you will say next.

"Black Africans were never enslaved by Arabs." At this stage, it should be clear to those who have taken your side all along that you are only here to clown around.

Lawd! grin grin grin
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 8:33pm On Nov 17, 2014
No. It is nothing to do with religious sentiments and everything about challenging the false negative history written for us by the people who committed genocide by kidnapping Africans and calling them slaves.
Radoillo:

Lemme guess: You are a Muslim. grin grin grin

I'm waiting for what you will say next.

"Black Africans were never enslaved by Arabs." At this stage, it should be clear to those who have taken your side all along that you are only here to clown around.

Lawd! grin grin grin
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
GenBuhari:
No. It is nothing to do with religious sentiments and everything about challenging the false negative history written for us by the people who committed genocide by kidnapping Africans and calling them slaves.

What is it about then, pray tell? Even the most anti-European black intellectuals will NEVER deny that there was an Arab slave trade from Africa.

1 Like

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 8:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
But where is the evidence?
Even intellectuals can be misseducated.

Which intellectuals are you referring to?
Radoillo:

What is it about then, pray tell? Even the most anti-European black intellectuals will NEVER deny that there was an Arab slave trade from Africa.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 8:55pm On Nov 17, 2014
You cannot sit in your house and the 'evidence' will come and fall in your lap.

I'm only going to say this once because I have no interest in being sucked into another cycle of pointless back-and-forth: There are Arab works written by Arabs in Arabic during the period they were obtaining slaves from various parts of East Africa and the Western and Central Sudan. And these works explicitly mentioned trade in black African slaves.

And before you give me that post-evidence-here line, go away and familiarise yourself with Arabic literature on Afro-Arab relations. You're embarrassing your supporters, wallahi!

1 Like

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by letu(m): 9:03pm On Nov 17, 2014
macof:

And in what language is the Timbuktu manuscript written? Arabic- hence after being influenced by Arabs and probably forced to tale a false tale
So still this is no evidence by the Op's logic which you greatly support
Btw the Malian written records speak of slavery

Ur ignorance right back at u wink
macof do you even know that Arabs of pre-Islam era, their history and origin are highly rooted in the Kushit/Hamatic civilization eg east africa.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by letu(m): 9:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
GenBuhari:
Which sources is that?

The question I posed was did slavery exist prior to the advent of Europeans in Africa?
Has the ancient historical documents of our ancestors confirm that they kept and traded slaves before the first Europeans claimed to have set foot in Africa?

If your source does not meet these criteria, then we can not rely on them.
what exist in Africa befor the coming of European and Arabs into Africa excluding the coaster area of north Africa,in Africa what exist is a type know as servant who is devoted to the house hold he or she is working for while it is the Europeans and Arabs that introduce their own type in Africa which is know as slavery.

3 Likes

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by letu(m): 10:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
GenBuhari:
You are wrong there has been proof presented in this very thread that Africans had a writing system before the arrival of the European. But you say it was introduced to Africa by Arabs , so what? All that matters is that we had a system of recording our own history.

Even your claim that those ancient Afirican writing system were introduced by Arabs is without any foundation. Nobody has provided any evidence that Arabs ever conquered any part of Africa.
Example North Africa, go and read about the fall of Fatimid empire and also south of Sahara the answer is No Arabs conquered that part of Africa instead it was the kingdom of Morocco that did, and will be defeated by Africans from south of Sahara eg The two bambra kingdoms, the unified military of Songhai and Tuareg.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by letu(m): 10:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
GenBuhari:
Which sources is that?

The question I posed was did slavery exist prior to the advent of Europeans in Africa?
Has the ancient historical documents of our ancestors confirm that they kept and traded slaves before the first Europeans claimed to have set foot in Africa?

If your source does not meet these criteria, then we can not rely on them.
what exist in Africa befor the coming of European and Arabs into Africa excluding the coaster area of north Africa,in Africa what exist is a type know as servant who is devoted to the house hold he or she is working for while it is the Europeans and Arabs that introduce their own type in Africa which is know as slavery.

1 Like

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 10:20pm On Nov 17, 2014
You are right. Servitude is not slavery. It is like calling housemaids slaves. Or any employee a slave.

In fact Africans do not even have a word for slaves. slavery is a European evil invention
letu:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by anonimi: 10:27pm On Nov 17, 2014
GenBuhari:
You are right. Servitude is not slavery. It is like calling housemaids slaves. Or any employee a slave.

In fact Africans do not even have a word for slaves. slavery is a European evil invention

I normally don't abuse people but every now & then as with all rules you make an exception.

You are such a demented fool swimming in your pool of ignorance.
We yorubas have the word, eru that means slave.
That word is different from omo odo i.e. house help.

1 Like

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
What is the word that you say means slave in yoruba. Are you sure the word is not referring to European slaves?. Prior to advent of the white man, did Africa ever have a word for slave?
anonimi:

I normally don't abuse people but every now & then as with all rules you make an exception.

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by letu(m): 11:06pm On Nov 17, 2014
GenBuhari:

We need to stop accepting negative versions of our history written by the white man if we cannot independently verify it as fact.

BTW I have never said that religion is not a tool of oppression.
I believe that the greatest too of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.
Mali and Songhai did the hunting and keep some for them self as servant others they sale to the Berbers which the Berbers will keep to them self as slave and many of the slave do get their freedom and become loyal to their Berber masters, and many of them will play an important role in the military of many empire that existed in north Africa, while others will be sold to the Arabs by the Berbers and the Arabs also buy slaves from central Asia[Turks aka Turkic],East Europe and west Europe by tribute to Moors/Arabs.

1 Like

Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by Nobody: 11:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
But where is the evidence?
letu:
Mali and Songhai did the hunting and keep some for them self as servant others they sale to the Berbers which the Berbers will keep to them self as slave and many of the slave do get their freedom and become loyal to their Berber masters, and many of them will play an important role in the military of many empire that existed in north Africa, while others will be sold to the Arabs by the Berbers and the Arabs also buy slaves from central Asia[Turks aka Turkic],East Europe and west Europe by tribute to Moors/Arabs.
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by letu(m): 11:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
anonimi:

Anonimi what i'm talking about is Africa around BC and be for AD 800
Re: Africans must Reject White Man's Version Of Our History by thoth: 11:54am On Nov 18, 2014
letu:

Exactly, i was trying to get OP to define slavery so that his arguments might stand out. i think he fell into the trap of linguistical distortion. Will he just make a clear definition of slavery and pull references on its nature as was witnessed by Africans in the hands of Europeans, it would be almost impossible for any sane human to link Black Africa with slavery.
His refusal to do so gave room to the filth that some European apologist posted above.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Canada Invites Ooni To 150th Independence Anniversary / African Ladies Abroad Carrying Babies On Their Back!(Dirty Clothes) / Terrible State Of The English Language In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.