Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,176 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:30 AM

Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality (21889 Views)

Woman Pregnant For Judge Who Dissolve Her Marriage After 3 Months (pic) / 2-Day Vigil Cost Woman Her Marriage In Delta / Wife Shocking Confession That Ended Her Marriage Of 5years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

This is the reaaaaaaal definition of a true african woman. hehehehhehehe. Not that useless epistle colored in red and blue we saw yesterday about keeping an african man. grin grin grin grin
from now on i am following Omotola's footsteps. if i kiss different men onset just to make money and spend more time abroad pursuing my career than i do in my matrimonial home, don't come and call me names abeg!
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
while the people supporting what she said will not even allow their girlfriends/wives to be in a room alone with their own brothers grin

Hehehehehe. abi.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by crackhaus: 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/omotola-jalade-ekeinde-on-child-marriage/

how can you call for "justice and equity" when you don't believe in gender equality then? How can one promote justice and still claim that she doesn't believe in equality of all genders. Is justice not treating everyone equally before the law? you can never understand some people carefreewannabe grin

but the again this is Africa, equality means a whole new different thing. Gender Equality= women oppressing men. grin
Genius, you don't know the difference between 'equity' and 'equality?'

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by cococandy(f): 5:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

Lmao... cococandy please. cheesycheesy

Emma Watson has distinguished herself in what?
Do I look like someone who watches/watched Harry Potter movies?
When Angelina Jolie is there to talk about life and choices, you're telling me to pay heed to a little girl? You must be kidding.

Let's not even go that far, how many successful and accomplished women in Nigeria do you hear preaching feminism?
Emma Watson now knows more than they do huh? cheesycheesy

Talking about being distinguished, is Omotola not distinguished enough for y'all to listen to her?

Please don't make me laugh.
I'm not doing comparisons or what have you. I do not expect you to agree with every celebrity either.
We can't agree with everyone.

Just saying you can't dismiss someone's opinion because of their age. Hence my using that girl as an example to you.

Just for the record,Emma has distinguished herself very well. for you to know her name continents away speaks volumes in itself wink

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:

Misogynist means someone who hates or mistrusts women, yet you still talk about marrying one. if this is not stupi.dity at its peak I don't know what else is.

I've said it a million times that I DON'T HATE WOMEN, I'm only critical of them. Though there are few unsensored comments but I think its fun. sad

Anything critiquing a woman is tagged as misogyny, that's why I'm using it as my moniker. Women are fascists!!! angry
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
from now on i am following Omotola's footsteps. if i kiss different men onset just to make money and spend more time abroad pursuing my career than i do in my matrimonial home, don't come and call me names abeg!

Me too o. omose xy is tha bomb. i love that woman die!! Her jaiye jaiye things. she sabi rock life oooooo. She sabi say variety is the spice of life. When i see say one man put im hand for her a$$ for red carpet, i say Yes, this woman sabi!! Omo! A woman that travels around the world? Mehn i love travelling o!!

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 5:27pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

They actually think we are against equity.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:
Nairaland pseudo-feminists, ask yourself:

- Why am I a feminist?

because i believe in social justice can truly be achieved by equal treatment of both genders

- Has there been a time I was oppressed or made to feel less than I am by a man?

i might not have been affected directly but i doubt it means that i should not fight for the rights of those who are subjected to;

-discriminatory cultural and religious practices such as
*child marriages
*beliefs that a woman cannot succeed her father or husband after death
* deprivation of quality education of female child
*sexual, physical and emotional abuse of women

- What is my purpose?
promoting justice and maintain peace and order in society

- What am I doing in the real world to promote feminism and equality?
for now i only do community service, motivational speaking to high school children and small donations because that is all i can afford as a student. smiley
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by tmosco(m): 5:29pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:

our issue is that you are the ones who don't know the meaning of the "head of a family" to most of you, having a pennnis is all that's needed to qualify as the "head of the family". Our argument is that what determines that a person is the "head of the family" is his character actions and not his gender.

No d topic is omotala view on marriage and d bashing u all are giving her 4 saying her husband is d head.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2014
tmosco:

No d topic is omotala view on marriage and d bashing u all are giving her 4 saying her husband is d head.
i don't remember insulting her, so please show me where i bashed her undecided
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:34pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:

well the last time i checked equity also means fairness and balance. equality means something else completely different from that? undecided
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by tmosco(m): 5:35pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
i don't remember insulting her, so please show me where i bashed her undecided

Read ur fellow feminist views about her.if u didn't bash her den my comment is not 4 u.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:36pm On Nov 06, 2014
tmosco:

Read ur fellow feminist views about her.if u didn't bash her den my comment is not 4 u.
well next time just quote the right person then smiley thank you
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by pickabeau1: 5:37pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:

because i believe in social justice can truly be achieved by equal treatment of both genders

i might not have been affected directly but i doubt it means that i should not fight for the rights of those who are subjected to;

-discriminatory cultural and religious practices such as
*child marriages
*beliefs that a woman cannot succeed her father or husband after death
* deprivation of quality education of female child
*sexual, physical and emotional abuse of women

promoting justice and maintain peace and order in society

for now i only do community service, motivational speaking to high school children and small donations because that is all i can afford as a student. smiley

At the bolded.. i dont believe in that and im sure most of the guys here dont subscribe to that.. so why not call it human rights

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:38pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

Me too o. omose xy is tha bomb. i love that woman die!! Her jaiye jaiye things. she sabi rock life oooooo. She sabi say variety is the spice of life. When i see say one man put im hand for her a$$ for red carpet, i say Yes, this woman sabi!! Omo! A woman that travels around the world? Mehn i love travelling o!!
but please don't watch her reality show please otherwise we will call you a lazy, aimless woman grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2014
pickabeau1:

At the bolded.. i dont believe in that and im sure most of the guys here dont subscribe to that.. so why not call it human rights

so because u don't believe it, it means that its not happening? undecided
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:
but please don't watch her reality show please otherwise we will call you a lazy, aimless woman grin

That her show still exists? Pffffft. I hear its so fake and shallow.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by pickabeau1: 5:46pm On Nov 06, 2014
Did u read at all

I said i believe females should have access to educational and empowerment opportunities like anyother person
As a matter of fact, all females i know of went to school and some topped the class as valedictorians

They should have the right to own property
Females i know own property

child marriage is not the best

This is basic human rights...
Mondisweets:
so because u don't believe it, it means that its not happening? undecided
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 5:47pm On Nov 06, 2014
There is a group of jobless women on Nl, some claim to live under the waters of Germany, some claim to live in shangisha, that's none of my business! They move around doing and the same thing everyday without monotony having effects on them.
The prayer of any operator(op) is for them to focus on his thread, at least he is sure of 5 paged. They shout and shout daily about feminism. If you want the latest Rihanna news, they are there for you, they cry and cry daily yet the woe of women worsen daily. They cry yet those that matter in Nigeria, the Mercy Johnsons, Omotolas don't believe in equality. They must be a real burden for their spouse!
Who are you searching for, I'm talking to you, yes you. I don't believe in equality, I'm a control freak! What are you gonna do about that? Cry me river! Women are subordinate and inferior to men, what is hard to grasp about that? smiley

3 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Misogynist2014(m): 5:48pm On Nov 06, 2014
There is a group of jobless women on Nl, some claim to live under the waters of Germany, some claim to live in shangisha, that's none of my business! They move around doing the same thing everyday without monotony having effects on them.
The prayer of any operator(op) is for them to focus on his thread, at least he is sure of 5 pages. They shout and shout daily about feminism. If you want the latest Rihanna news, they are there for you, they cry and cry daily yet the woe of women worsen daily. They cry yet those that matter in Nigeria, the Mercy Johnsons, Omotolas don't believe in equality. They must be a real burden for their spouse!
Who are you searching for, I'm talking to you, yes you. I don't believe in equality, I'm a control freak! What are you gonna do about that? Cry me river! Women are subordinate and inferior to men, what is hard to grasp about that? smiley
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Truckpusher(m): 5:49pm On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

Nashville, come and see what I was talking about

@thread, I thought this thread was created last year or earlier this year?

@OP: I do not believe her though. If she takes her word seriously, she should have stopped wearing skimpy clothes when her husband told her to. A woman who knows she is 'under' a man would not dress indecently or snap indiscriminate pictures with other men

The same Omotola NLers have rubbished is suddenly a role model

#I am a fan of hers anyways
Hehe grin grin
One of your own finally said what you all believed, but always saying otherwise on social network.

*spreads mat*

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by beeevan: 5:51pm On Nov 06, 2014
bukatyne:

What is the place of a woman in the society?

Under Men's jungle boots cheesy
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:56pm On Nov 06, 2014
pickabeau1:
Did u read at all

I said i believe females should have access to educational and empowerment opportunities like anyother person
As a matter of fact, all females i know of went to school and some topped the class as valedictorians

They should have the right to own property
Females i know own property

child marriage is not the best

This is basic human rights...
this goes on to show that you are clueless on what feminism is. feminists promote gender equality ( the right to equal treatment and protection before the law of all persons), which is a human right. so i don't know what you are going on about.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by pickabeau1: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
ok..it just happens that having a civil discussion is far beyond you

Mondisweets:
this goes on to show that you are clueless on what feminism is. feminists promote gender equality ( the right to equal treatment and protection before the law of all persons), which is a human right. so i don't know what you are going on about.

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 06, 2014
Misogynist2014:
There is a group of jobless women on Nl, some claim to live under the waters of Germany, some claim to live in shangisha, that's none of my business! They move around doing and the same thing everyday without monotony having effects on them.
The prayer of any operator(op) is for them to focus on his thread, at least he is sure of 5 paged. They shout and shout daily about feminism. If you want the latest Rihanna news, they are there for you, they cry and cry daily yet the woe of women worsen daily. They cry yet those that matter in Nigeria, the Mercy Johnsons, Omotolas don't believe in equality. They must be a real burden for their spouse!
you are the one who goes around bashing them on NL 24/7 and in your head you are not just as "jobless" as they are? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:00pm On Nov 06, 2014
Sophyrocks:

That her show still exists? Pffffft. I hear its so fake and shallow.
i only managed to watch 2 episodes of it last year, i don't know if it still exists
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by beeevan: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
Stillfire:
See Joke Silva with much more stellar career and much more longer marriage, if not the longest marriage in nollywood

"I'm Not A Cooking Kind Of Woman & My Husband Is Fine With It' - Nollywood Actress, Joke Silva grin grin grin

http://www.naij.com/66593.html

The couple who have been married for 28 years are still very much in love and have remained inseparable.

Veteran actress, Joke Silva in a recent interview with City People magazine talks about why she doesn’t like cooking and how her husband doesn’t mind someone else cooks for him.

“I have never lied about this, I have never been ‘a doing the cooking kind of woman’. When my husband met me, he knew. He was the one who used to do the cooking because he is good at it. I used to do the cooking when I felt like. Sometimes, it comes out to be a huge success and sometimes a failure. Some years ago, I cooked vegetables and it was terrible and my husband is such a gem, he ate it like that. It is not as if my mum didn’t teach me.

For my husband, cooking is a therapy and for me it is a chore and yet he will always tell you that I look after him so much, I do that in other ways. We have somebody who does the cooking. I have taught them to cook the way I like and we have people who do the general cleaning.”
Olu Jacobs obviously doesn’t mind as his love for his wife as remained stronger as he was quoted in an interview saying marrying Joke was the best decision of his life.

This is more like a healthy marriage, not that " he kicks my butt i apologize, he humps the help I apologize, he poops on my head I apologize " crap that was posted previously. How normal is that? You slap me, i then turn around to apologize? That's crazy mehn...
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
crackhaus:
Nairaland pseudo-feminists, ask yourself:

- Why am I a feminist?

- Has there been a time I was oppressed or made to feel less than I am by a man?

- What is my purpose?

- What am I doing in the real world to promote feminism and equality?

ONE of the reasons why I am a feminist is because men like you, who don't know that anger and aggression are also feelings, will comfortably claim that they are more logical and thus deserve the authority to lead us and too MANY people will think that it is normal because their malnourished brains rely on tradition and culture rather than on reason.

The Age of Enlightenment is yet to reach this part of the world.

You argue like those men who didn't want women to have a right to vote in the past.

Your daughters and granddaughters will be ashamed of you.

1 Like

Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
Mondisweets:

grin grin grin
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
cococandy:

hehehe. She's just lucky. Instead of her to keep quiet and enjoy her man,she's putting sand in the garri of those who have real inequality problems.

Because I have a husband who let's me be me,it would be unfair of me to diss those who actually have a reason to want changes because I don't even know what I would do if I were in their shoes. Maybe I would do worse.

Say the man had put a lid on her success or tried to stifle her growth,I wonder if she wouldn't be divorced now and bearing the title of evil divorced feminist.

Many actresses stopped actively featuring in movies and tours after their marriage. Those who tried against their husbands wishes ended up divorced because they couldn't keep up with the pressure from the men to quit. They couldn't handle the insecurities that kept popping up especially when they were away for weeks in other states or countries spending nights with men their husbands don't know. Such a thing can hinder a career tremendously.
These other human actresses tried and couldn't work it out because their human husbands understandably couldn't endure such tensions in the relationships and they finally break up after trying to work it out unsuccessfully.

Now because she's very lucky to have a man who ignores what other men can't ignore and stayed married to her despite scandals and every other thing,she's suddenly the perfect woman and super mom.

How women can be insensitive to others while trying to answer mrs goody two shoes.
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by bukatyne(f): 6:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
cococandy:
omo t that her husband goes grocery shopping for grin

These guys can't cope with a woman half the weight of omotola. See them jubilating

I honestly don't take her or them serious

Ngozi will soon come and tell us that she holds her husband dear when she left him to pursue her career (not saying it's bad or good)
Re: Omotola-jalade Ekeinde's On Her Marriage And Gender Equality by Mintayo(m): 6:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
So many confused females every where,small small girls that no nothing about marriage blaming and cursing someone with years of experience in marriage. Someone despite her schedules,yet does everything to keep her home? Someone that her colleague in the same shoes are getting divorced almost everyday?
And to think that they will also blame her for divorcing the same man? Again confused females everywhere on NL!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

How Much Of Your Children Do You Know? / Our Boy's First Day At School (pics) / Four Generations, One Picture

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.