Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,850 members, 7,817,517 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:38 PM

What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari (20492 Views)

I Traveled Abroad For Operation, APC Didn't Tell Me Sorry - Ex Benue Gov Suswam / Join The Wailers Group With Barcanista, Datolee / Datolee Deactivated His Nairaland Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by atlwireles: 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
Ultimately, when the Buhari government could not come up with any viable economic programme, it resorted to the politicization of its economic ignorance by selling the notion that the government was a bulwark against the imperialist Bretton Woods institutions. But that can only take you so far, because while fighting the international community and international financial institutions over differences in policies that could have been resolved with a better and more intelligent engagement with all national and international stakeholders, the austerity measures the regime introduced made it quite impossible for the manufacturing sector to procure raw materials in the face of the international capital market being closed against Nigeria. Industries were closing, left, right and centre and capacity utilization was below 18 percent and at every point, the government was seeking scapegoats for its woes in the form of politicians, illegal aliens, smugglers and currency traffickers, etc. But the reality was there for all to see in workers being retrenched in every sector and even in the public sector. I remember at the time how drastically our lives changed as university students as we dramatically witnessed the rise in the prices of fees, feeding, accommodation and procurement of books, even as the lack of these books became the norm. Inflation hit the roof and essential commodities became scarce. The regime’s key economic policy in response to all this was to resort to the medieval counter-trade economic policy. But this became the new corruption point for the regime presided over by the new import licence czar, Mahmud Tukur. Attempts by some bold journalists to report on the corruption in the counter-trade deals were met with unprecedented brutality. They were picked up and threatened with charges of economic sabotage as a warning to their other colleagues.

https://www.nairaland.com/1980406/think-buhari-not-part-1983

4 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by viczing(m): 4:04pm On Nov 06, 2014
Obiagelli:

What fact have you posted here other than insults. You want me to spoon feed you? Your likes are the reason why datolee got away with all the bullcrap he posted on the front page. Fill your empty head with something worthwhile.

Your crap refused to sink in my haead cos it's hullabaloo

4 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Descartes: 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
CyberWolf:
grin grin grin..if you use Wikipedia as your reference for most of my lecturers in school back then, you are gone cheesy

She is not aware that I can edit that link in a split of seconds and post it here to refute her claims. grin grin grin

MORAL LESSON:Don't feel that you know too much especially on a public forum like this cos a lot of geniuses abound waiting for you to land before they take you up in a swoop . cool

4 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by atlwireles: 4:05pm On Nov 06, 2014
Obiagelli:

Stop acting smart, your lies have been busted.

In your exact words

Conclusion
Buhari neither cleared Nigeria’s debt nor initiated any
refinery in Nigeria.

Seun front page o. Fairness

What lies from that OP did you bust undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided

7 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by viczing(m): 4:06pm On Nov 06, 2014
automaticcars:
[s][/s]

The thread just opened and you already started crying. Why don't you wait for your fellow PDP and goats to come to the thread before you start crying?

Yall are just nuisance....making flimsy fact that was gotten from no where.
Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
How I wish the Presidential Debate starts today, will Jonathan be able to say all this?

2 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:07pm On Nov 06, 2014
APContherun:

I know who was petroleum minister in 1977 but who was Head of State in 1977? Would the contract for the building of the refinery been awarded if the head of state had not authorized it? Whose decision under a presidntial system of govt is it to approve such major contracts the minister or head of state/president?
Please give Buhari credit for what happened between Jan 1984 and August 1985 not before and not after.
So how many contracts have the current minister of petroleum signed for the construction of new refineries? Buhari was part of those who saw to the success of warri and kaduna refineries in 1977as the petroleum minister. So why shouldn't he be given the accolades? Can someone tell me the achievements of Dieziani since she became oil minister?

I think I have to open a thread to discuss this issue.

1 Like

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
Obiagelli:

Are you still telling lies?

The contract for
construction (kaduna refinery) was awarded to
CHIYODA CHEMICAL ENGINEERING &
CONSTRUCTION COMPANY OF YOKOHAMA,
Japan in 1977.
Guess who was petroleum minister in 1977?

http://www.nnpcgroup.com/nnpcbusiness/subsidiaries/krpc.aspx

Why the emphasis on who was the petroleum minister? why no ask who was the head of state?? for all I care, anybody can sign the damn document. The contract was between the company and Nigeria government not NNPC.

In fact do you know that in most cases the permanent secretaries has power to sign contract? why must we insist that it was Buhari who signed the damn thing?

13 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:08pm On Nov 06, 2014
datolee:

Please I do not like making too much of argument.. I have provided you links to the fact that when Buhari left office, Nigeria's debt was $18 billion.. you are yet to provide any link to the fact that Buhari paid $4biilion of our debt

So it has moved from making Nigeria debt free to paying some debt??

Here is the ling again if you missed it http://www.ccsenet.org/journal/index.php/jpl/article/viewFile/670/647

Read again "...And by the period Buhari left office, Nigeria owed $18,034.1milllion (CBN, op cit)"

Go to page 6 second paragraph

Nigeria's debt was $ 18 billion in 1985 thanks to SAP

www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/1284.html

2 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
datolee:

Why the emphasis on who was the petroleum minister? why no ask who was the head of state?? for all I care, anybody can sign the damn document. The contract was between the company and Nigeria government not NNPC.

In fact do you know that in most cases the permanent secretaries has power to sign contract? why must we insist that it was Buhari who signed the damn thing?
Bro you are beating the bush. Now you agree that you initial statements was a pure lie.
Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Descartes: 4:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
OrlandoOwoh:
How I wish the Presidential Debate starts today, will Jonathan be able to say all this?

I guess he is undergoing tutorials already wink wink cheesy
Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Djicemob: 4:10pm On Nov 06, 2014
Obiagelli:

In your exact words

Conclusion
refinery in Nigeria.

Whenever they want something from seun they'll shout "fairness". Fairness for what exactly? Shitty rebuttal like this deserve backpage if there is any. angry

Fairnessgrin

6 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by atlwireles: 4:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
Can someone remind me, how many civil servants, Buhari sacked between Jan 1984 and Oct 1984. angry

A. 150,000
B. 125,000
C. 100,000

1 Like

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:12pm On Nov 06, 2014
atlwireles:

What lies from that OP did you bust undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Conclusion
refinery in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
Obiagelli:

In your exact words

Conclusion
refinery in Nigeria.

Sorry but I can't understand your argument here

1. Did Buhari clear Nigeria debt and made Nigeria debt free? YES OR NO?

2. Did Buhari Initiate the construction of both Warri and Kaduna refineries? YES OR NO?

I really cannot understand your line of argument

2 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by viczing(m): 4:13pm On Nov 06, 2014
Obiagelli:
Can empty heads stay off my thread? Call datolee if you don't have anything to add.

As the spokesman of datolee and he doesn't answer to lame accusation, he replied barcanisatan cos it was becoming too much of him and his lies so he made it necessary to teach him as a kid he is LoL. If you need your own lesson why not book space with me and aw inform than calling him out unnecessary...he's not a bragart like Yall ApigCee mongrels

1 Like

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:14pm On Nov 06, 2014
Datolee prove to me that $18 billion debt for 1985 had nothing to do with IBB and SAP.
Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by atlwireles: 4:15pm On Nov 06, 2014
Obiagelli:

Conclusion
refinery in Nigeria.

grin grin grin grin, So Buhari paid off our debt by August 1985?
Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by atlwireles: 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
Obiagelli:
Datolee prove to me that $18 billion debt for 1985 had nothing to do with IBB and SAP.

When did SAP start? Find that answer and your question becomes moot.
Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:16pm On Nov 06, 2014
datolee:

Sorry but I can't understand your argument here

1. Did Buhari clear Nigeria debt and made Nigeria debt free? YES OR NO?

2. Did Buhari Initiate the construction of both Warri and Kaduna refineries? YES OR NO?

I really cannot understand your line of argument
You are running circles,

1. Buhari paid debt

2. Buhari signed kaduna refinery contract

These 2 facts you lied about in your earlier thread. Waiting for more lies on your corruption thread.

1 Like

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
Obiagelli:

Bro you are beating the bush. Now you agree that you initial statements was a pure lie.

What was pure lie please?

Thankfully, they have changed the lie from GMB building two refineries as head of state in 20 months to signing the contract as NNPC chairman. However, keep a close eye to the lie (bolded) of barcanista and other Buhari supporters “initiated”.

Here was my first statement on the issue, Barcanista used the word INITIATED.

I still stand by the fact that Buhari did not INITIATE the construction of those refineries, please don't move the goal post to signing contract. Permanent secretaries can sign contract and agreements.. if you are doubt, i will provide you with links

What more, He also said "Paid of $50m loan within few days of assumption and cleared the country's debt"

I stand that he did not clear the country debt...in fact by the time he left office, the debt was higher than he met it

Please explain to me what I said that are lies?

7 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Firefire(m): 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
atlwireles:
Can someone remind me, how many civil servants, Buhari sacked between Jan 1984 and Oct 1984. angry

A. 150,000
B. 125,000
C. 100,000

A - Over 150,000

2 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:18pm On Nov 06, 2014
atlwireles:

grin grin grin grin, So Buhari paid off our debt by August 1985?
I am sorry, i can't help your assumptions.

1 Like

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Descartes: 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
Obiagelli:

You are running circles,

1. Buhari paid debt

These 2 facts you lied about in your earlier thread. Waiting for more lies on your corruption thread.

You can't win this war. Your colleagues have run for a cover tongue

3 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Djicemob: 4:20pm On Nov 06, 2014
Obiagelli:
No offense but WTH is your arguement in all these?

3 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Descartes: 4:21pm On Nov 06, 2014
datolee:

Thankfully, they have changed the lie from GMB building two refineries as head of state in 20 months to signing the contract as NNPC chairman. However, keep a close eye to the lie (bolded) of barcanista and other Buhari supporters “initiated”.

I still stand by the fact that Buhari did not INITIATE the construction of those refineries, please don't move the goal post to signing contract. Permanent secretaries can sign contract and agreements.. if you are doubt, i will provide you with links

What more, He also said "Paid of $50m loan within few days of assumption and cleared the country's debt"

I stand that he did not clear the country debt...in fact by the time he left office, the debt was higher than he met it

Let the decimation begin

1 Like

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
Obiagelli:

You are running circles,

1. Buhari paid debt

Buhari paid no debt, Buhari serviced the debt which in simple terms means paying interest. You pulling out numbers without a single fact. your video stated that he serviced the debt to gain interest of western financiers.

Why did he go to borrow $1.8 billion from Saudi Arabia within months of his regime if he paid off all debt?

So it has changed from signing the contract for Warri and Kaduna refineries to only Kaduna? Keep moving in circle

6 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by atlwireles: 4:22pm On Nov 06, 2014
Firefire:

A - Over 150,000

grin grin grin grin grin, I have begged this Buhari crowd to allow the past remain where it belongs. Yet, they insisted on presenting half truths on the worst human being, ever called the head of state of Nigeria. You people will wish you never opened a Buhari thread on this forum again.

4 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 06, 2014
atlwireles:

A. 150,000
B. 125,000
C. 100,000
Can someone remind us how many jobs have been lost in the banking sector since 2000?

While you are at it, go and read Christopher Kolade report on the civil service and take a look at your recurrent budget.
Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 06, 2014
datolee:

Enough of your initiate story abeg.
Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by OrlandoOwoh(m): 4:25pm On Nov 06, 2014
Descartes:

I guess he is undergoing tutorials already wink wink cheesy
He should just realize that he won't be given expo.

2 Likes

Re: What Datolee Didn't Tell Us About Buhari by Descartes: 4:26pm On Nov 06, 2014
datolee:

Buhari paid no debt, Buhari serviced the debt which in simple terms means paying interest. You pulling out numbers without a single fact. your video stated that he serviced the debt to gain interest of western financiers.

Why did he go to borrow $1.8 billion from Saudi Arabia within months of his regime if he paid off all debt?

So it has changed from signing the contract for Warri and Kaduna refineries to only Kaduna? Keep moving in circle

Never you wake up a sleeping Lion. wink

Janj@weeds are in serious trouble grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Buhari, Osinbajo’ve Sinned Against God, Nigerians -sen Adeyemi / Fayose & Wike In Bayelsa For Dickson's Inauguration (Photos) / Mama Taraba Shouldn't Blame Me, I Merely Reacted To An Original Story - FFK

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.