Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,898 members, 7,834,982 topics. Date: Monday, 20 May 2024 at 11:37 PM

External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations - Politics (21) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations (101585 Views)

Women Representation Under Buhari Poorer Than Past Administrations – UN / Obasanjo, Yaradua, Jonathan's Govts To Account For Recovered Loot- Court / See The Names Of Those Who Will Probe Yaradua And Jonathan's Administration (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 9:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
Odutodaiwa:

Barcanista, seriously how do you cope dealing with all the brain dead ediots you are responding to. Honestly, I do not have the patience to respond to the TANoids and saTANists. I cannot teach dullards even if you offer me all the billions in this world. For me, what I owe Nigeria is to mobilise my household to kick out this mad man of a president come 14th February 2015.

Enough is enough.
It is actually not for them but for gullible minds. If only people read

1 Like

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by IyfeNamikaze(m): 9:04pm On Nov 07, 2014
[quote author=barcanista post=27811461]

I must commend you for creating this thread , this is the 1st time I have seen hard facts being presented to back up one's argument in this section.
once again I say kudos to you for the creation of the thread... this is the kind of debates we should be having in this forum rather than the despicable insult howling orgy that we usually witness in NL ... even though both of you let some few hatchets flying at each other,but it was kept at the minimum . this thread has giving us more insights to what's happening nd what's not concerning the yoyoing of our foreign reserve and what it's used for and by whom (CBN).

But you my friend has not been objective in your argument and that's why you have been schooled yet again by Datolee ,who in turn lectured everyone on the issues of foreign reserve.

It's really a pity that just 24hrs ago he created a thread and schooled you.... and also schooled you in your own thread. So it's safe to say that he pawned you home and away... he argued more maturely, had more facts and was intellectually .higher than you were in this argument.

Please don't see this as a PDP vs APC war, rather see it as a debate between separate entities who wants the best for themselves and the society at large.

thank you once again.

4 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Ezemust: 9:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
Wait let get something straight...
Under Yar adua regime, the Naira was defended, yet we had increase reserve
Under Obasanjo regime same thing, yet we had increase reserve
Under Jonathan same thing yet we get depleted reserve

At a point the Naira was devalued in EVERY regime... But it was necessary at that time. It wasn't perculiar to Jonathan. Yet his case is different.

Meanwhile:
The Oil Price under Objs started at less than $20 per barrel in 1999 and peaked at $90 in 2007

That of Yar adua peaked at $147 perbarrel, as at then the reserve was $64billion, ALL time hgh. It only slipped when the oil price dropped to $35 during the economic meltdown. He also rescued banks. Yar adua still had to bear the burden of the extra subsidy bills

Jonathan's Reserve have been going downward, he has been enjoying a good Oil Price at $88 to 107$ for the past 4years.. Something non of his precessors enjoyed. Jonathan had the privilege of Subsidy removal since 2012. Instead of his Reserve to GO UP, it is depleting.

Only Jonathan BLEEPED our debt without Mercy.

My friend How do you explain this? Remember to use EVERY economic indices. You keep dodging this interesting part of OIL Market Price. You are very funny bro

Take care of the bold or you want to argue it?

the oil gain was $117 billion if we should presume. this very amount was consume by sls in defending the naira. r u saying this fact is a lie or what r u insinuating?
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by patrickmuf(m): 9:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
anonimi:

I do not think so.
He is clearly sharing COMPARATIVE information about our recent presidents' performance in a specific area.
That is definitely NOT how to ask us to embrace mediocrity.
If you have contrary credible information you should simply share also instead of inferring conclusions that the poster has NOT made.
Since he's using comparative assessment of the past via-à-vis the present as a tool to drive home his point we can definitely draw conclusion that he is pointing towards the norm in this case 'Mediocrity'

1 Like

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by anonimi: 9:19pm On Nov 07, 2014
patrickmuf:
Since he's using comparison as a tool to drive home his point we can definitely draw conclusion that he is pointing towards the norm in this case 'Mediocrity'

So you are saying this "norm" of mediocrity is demonstrated by all our recent presidents' at the SAME level or there is a difference among them based on information shared by various posters on this thread
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by lastpage: 9:23pm On Nov 07, 2014
As "Baaad" as Obasanjo is, it appears he managed the "financial aspects" of the nation properly!

Like the sage Obafemi Awolowo (as Western region premier and Finance Minister certain points), l think Yorubas have a thing or two about how to manage FINANCIAL MATTERS in general!

You may not like it because it gives glory to a tribe you hate but over and over again, we have seen this trend!

Facts and Figures dont lie!

Lastpage!

Caveat: I am Yoruba but my opinion was based on "historical facts".
What would your own be based on? Hatred? Bigotry? Lets see. wink wink

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 07, 2014
thekingsmen:
I have taken full time to go through the other thread and this one and this is my objective analysis of the two debates by this erudite gentlemen,

First debate (yesterday)
Datolee Won the day with 70% barcanista 30%

2nd Debate(today)
Barcanista 40 % Datolee 45% abokiii 15%

I rest my case..

Nice. I think it was Datolee 45%, Abokiii 40% and barcanista 15%. The barcanista guy sounds good, but his penchant for sophistry and his stubborn refusal to acknowledge sound arguments by constantly shifting the goal post makes him come off as a paid agent (my opinion, which may be very wrong). I'm not sound when it comes to how economies works, so I may not be able to appraise the efforts of presidents from an economy viewpoint appropriately if I were to consider all the relevant constraints which may vary from one regime to another. However, I think GEJ showed he did not have the character we desire in a president when he flagrantly stamped corruption before our very eyes by pardoning Alameseigha. It suggest that as president, when given a choice between the country and his cronies, he will work for the advantage of the latter. What we need is patriots, not those who sabotage our future for the benefit of their friends. Sadly, our opposition appears to be more interested in aligning with the "power must return to the north at all costs" mantra which is very insulting to anyone who isn't a northerner. That is apparently why they are not considering a Fashola who many of them claim to be the best administrator in Nigeria's recent history. They further insult our sensibilities by recycling old thieves who have contributed in ruining the country and yet stake a highly hypocritical claim to sainthood. What a country!

1 Like

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by anonimi: 9:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
Ekiti style

You mean the Operation Rice for votes that could NOT secure Fayemi's return to the state house

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by fyneguy: 9:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
Ezemust:
the oil gain was $117 billion if we should presume. this very amount was consume by sls in defending the naira. r u saying this fact is a lie or what r u insinuating?

You guys keep mumbling about the amount spent on defending the naira. Sanusi said if there was laxity on the part of government in managing our fiscal economy, the CBN would have to embark on drastic monetary policies to cushion the effect. In other words, the outrageous amount spent on defending the naira speaks volume for how GEJ's government has managed our economy.

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Ezemust: 9:36pm On Nov 07, 2014
debo07:
Only fools see facts and are still blind to seeing reality.Is it dat they are willingly blind or they are unknowingly blind?.No one can deceive me with the name goodluck.even when everyone was shouting his name back in 2011,I never liked him.I voted Buhari and I'm happy I did.we don't need goodluck to make our country great.he has even failed. all we need is a good,charismatic,disciplined and trust worthy man.when u add all these together ur answer will be GMB not GEJ.
guy oya ngwa sieba puo
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 07, 2014
fyneguy:

You guys keep mumbling about the amount spent on defending the naira. Sanusi said if there was laxity on the part of government in managing our fiscal economy, the CBN would have to embark on drastic monetary policies to cushion the effect. In other words, the outrageous amount spent on defending the naira speaks volume for how GEJ's government has managed our economy.
You argue with people that have no clue. I deliberately ignored them because my message has been passed. They are only being Jonathanians and Tanoids.

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by patrickmuf(m): 9:38pm On Nov 07, 2014
anonimi:

So you are saying this "norm" of mediocrity is demonstrated by all our recent presidents' at the SAME level or there is a difference among them based on information shared by various posters on this thread
That's what he meant...
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by anonimi: 9:39pm On Nov 07, 2014
NeoTesla:

However, I think GEJ showed he did not have the character we desire in a president when he flagrantly stamped corruption before our very eyes by pardoning Alameseigha. It suggest that as president, when given a choice between the country and his cronies, he will work for the advantage of the latter.

Would you say the same thing about this president whom Fashola & Thief'nubu paid $750,000 to show up in Lagos a while back

In March 2000, Bill Clinton pardoned Edgar and Vonna Jo Gregory, owners of the carnival company United Shows International, for charges of bank fraud from a 1982 conviction. Although the couple had already been released from prison, the prior conviction prevented them from doing business in certain American states. First Lady Hillary Clinton's youngest brother, Tony Rodham, was an acquaintance of the Gregorys, and had lobbied Clinton on their behalf.] In October 2006, the group Judicial Watch filed a request with the U.S. Justice Department for an investigation, alleging that Rodham had received $107,000 from the Gregorys for the pardons in the form of loans that were never repaid, as part of a quid pro quo scheme.

Roger Clinton, the president's half-brother, was pardoned for drug charges after having served the entire sentence more than a decade earlier. Roger Clinton would be charged with drunk driving and disorderly conduct in an unrelated incident within a year of the pardon. He was also briefly alleged to have been utilized in lobbying for the Braswell pardon, among others. However, no wrongdoing was uncovered.

More from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bill_Clinton_pardon_controversy

Kindly note that this does not in any way mean that I support Alams' pardon but rather that I understand its context.
Big difference!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by anonimi: 9:40pm On Nov 07, 2014
patrickmuf:
That's what he meant...

They ask you - tea or coffe.
You answer yes shocked
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by patrickmuf(m): 9:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
anonimi:

They ask you - tea or coffe.
You answer yes shocked
Look i'm not a kid...I saw what your intended to achieve.
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Sheriffc(m): 9:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
Amisec:

How do you mean? Was the cost of the war against bokoharam budgeted?
Well if I may comment, I believe your question is rhetotical; but for the purpose of some discerning folks I will want to answer it. Yes, the cost of the war against Boko Haram has always been part of the budget since 2011. Whichever way one looks at it, this Govt of GEJ has spent more on security and yet we are still at war. why? ( I wish this question is rhetorical too; but it's not)...we are bunch of sentimental being who are not ready for truth. 2015, will come and go, but our misery will live on because truth has eluded us and will continue to elude.

1 Like

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by anonimi: 9:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
fyneguy:

Many of us continue to show utter cluelessness about the meaning and working of government in a democracy.
Have you factored Sanusi's statement that our SINators and representaTHIEVES (of whom APC's latest convert 'Saint" Tambuwal is Speaker) spend 25% of our budget before typing "GEJ's government" shocked

For those who may wish to understand more about the mechanisms of defending a national currency =>

Russia's bill for rouble defence: $1.9bn & counting

Russia is finding out this week that falling oil prices and geopolitical uncertainty do not make for good bedfellows.

With the price of Brent crude continuing its dizzying descent (it is now down more than 20 per cent since a mid-June high of $113 a barrel to $91.55 on Wednesday), investors have been in flight mode.

The rouble has been among the biggest casualties, losing 13 per cent since the start of July to hit a fresh low of 44.91 against a dollar-euro basket on Wednesday. (See chart below)

The pressure is forcing the central bank of Russia to act. Having sold $980m to defend the currency on Friday, the central bank sold another $962m between Monday and Tuesday. The total amount could be higher still given that the data are released with a two-day delay.

Natalia Orlova, chief economist at Alfa Bank in Moscow, reckoned the central bank spent $1.3bn on Wednesday to prop up the currency, in addition to the $1.94bn that have already been announced.

UBS, which this week downgraded its outlook on the rouble, said that despite the hefty depreciation already seen in the currency in recent weeks, it does not expect the pressure to ease up anytime soon.

From: http://www.ft.com/fastft/217632/russias-rouble-troubles-3-charts

In all your getting, get knowledge that begets WISDOM undecided

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 10:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
@barcanista " Never argue with fools 'cos people in the rear view won't distinguish the difference between you two" ( in Jay-Z's voice)

Take substance over form always!

Being right or being wrong is a function of time. Just save the thread and pray for life to know the answers in future.

We are just as good and intelligent as the leaders we follow.

God has given the rulership of this world to the devil for some time so why argue your life to death? It is God that has used the foolish things of this world to confound the wise. If not who is GEj?

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
@ Omenka Obiagelli Berem NgeneUkwenu ibnsultan egift and All Progressives, FINALLY someone(A Jonathanian) admits that Jonathan was a FLOP relative to Obasanjo and Yar Adua!!! grin grin grin

Thank God for this day!!!
that was the last straw!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by LouisVanGaal(m): 10:45pm On Nov 07, 2014
barcanista:
@ Omenka Obiagelli Berem NgeneUkwenu ibnsultan egift and All Progressives, FINALLY someone(A Jonathanian) admits that Jonathan was a FLOP relative to Obasanjo and Yar Adua!!! grin grin grin

Thank God for this day!!!
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by NobleG1(m): 10:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
Jona is already known to be very incompetent and corrupt.

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by DonaldGenes(m): 10:55pm On Nov 07, 2014
R2bees:
hey kid, it's exactly 12.33am, go to bed
Answer the OP, is that Startling Stats true or Not oga ,go_to_bed

1 Like

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by debonairprinx(m): 10:58pm On Nov 07, 2014
A total idea of what the present day government is all about. Very unfortunate.
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by maximilano: 11:26pm On Nov 07, 2014
some people will just kill themselves because of people who don't even know they exist....

1 Like

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by femmysin(m): 11:48pm On Nov 07, 2014
Hey wetin all dis preaching come teach us?[b][/b] embarassed tongue shocked wink
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by martinbillings: 12:18am On Nov 08, 2014
My lecturer told me that any Governor/leader that leaves huge amount of money in the bank is a failure. He didn't perform. Mention one thing OBJ and Yardua did that gulped money. In GEJ era we have 14 universities, agric revolution, road revolution, rail revolution, aviation revolution, N1tr to Universities,Tetfund Almajiri schools, east west road, river benue bridge and 2nd Niger bridge. All these things na money.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by stanislaus67(m): 1:47am On Nov 08, 2014
barcanista:
I am a fool because I am taking my time to educate Nigerians? We all know who the fool is here
U are simply misleading gullible Nigerians. U and I know very well that this is a calculated attempt by you and your insensitive APC to do what you know how best. A critical observation at the tenure of Obj and Yar'adua, would reveal a circumstantial difference. U accuse the President of investing much money on security with nothing to show for it. How will he produce results when all u do is sabotage his efforts.
I submit that the northern elites have decided to sacrifice some of their people for the greater good of the greatest number of people which ultimate end is 2015!

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Remarkable: 2:49am On Nov 08, 2014
My brother nne gi anwula... can you refer me to the datolee thread you mention? I've been a lil tied up and not following NL lately... plus the OP is one I know is a bonafide fake, double-speaking propagandist that recently stated... in fact, lemme find that his ignorant comment....

aguiyi:

The relationship is clear, you are trying so hard to discredit the president who is most favored by the masses for a second term.

Several threads have been opened just to regain the image battered today by datolee, Buhari is not sellable
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by sleekman(m): 3:13am On Nov 08, 2014
barcanista:
3. PRESIDENT GOODLUCK JONATHAN:
EXTERNAL DEBT
Inherited: $3.94 billion Dollars

As At Now: $9.3 billion Dollars

[url]http://www.dmo.gov.ng/oci/edebtstock/docs/External%20Debt%20Stock%20as%20at%2030th%20June_%202014.pdf[/url]

FOREIGN RESERVE:
Inherited: $47. 7 billion (As At December 31st, 2009)

As At Now: $38.2BILLION http://www.cenbank.org/intops/Reserve.asp
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1842363_2014foreignreserve_jpegb778234d0e84907de925a2b063c2355a

N/B:
Of the $9.3 billion EXTERNAL DEBT, Federal Government’s owes $6.36b, while ALL 36 States plus FCT owes $3.0 billion
As at 2010, Oil Price was at $89 per barrel
As at 2011, It was $103 per barrel
As at Now it is $100 per barrel http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_oil_market_chronology_from_2003
Meaning, Jonathan have access to more more money than Yar Adua, but he depleted the Foreign Reserve and Still Purge Us into Further Debt With NOTHING to show
I have a series of questions 2 ask u b4 u start misleading people.
1. Pls what was the investment profile under the 3presidents?
2. What was the state of infrastructure like under these presidents?
3. Our HDI(Human Development Index) was at what state under these president?
4. Measure FDI(Foreign Direct Investment) under these presidents and let's know who performed better?
5. What was the level of insurgency then and what was d defence expenditure under them?

I'm sure by the time uve answered these questions u'll realise how very S T U P I D you are.

3 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Nobody: 3:34am On Nov 08, 2014
just passing bye
Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by Remarkable: 3:36am On Nov 08, 2014
I often wonder why anyone pays the OP any attention... but I guess you can't just allow a serial liar to keep on spreading false news... see below what this Orlando Owoh posing as the OP does: when no one is watching, he spins information and facts, personally insulting anyone that challenges his lies... this is always... hear him:

"Some people are half educated. Firstly, Nigeria is not at War, we only battle terrorism. Secondly, if election were to be postponed in 2015, the CONSTITUTION allows that the President(Jonathan) will handover to the Senate President, who will act as President and organise the poll . However, such is not a matter of question because Nigeria is NOT at war but fighting Insurgents, which is not a new thing."

He calls other posters "half-educated" .. and then states something that is NOT in the constitution... thinking that because he can string words in a sentence, people will buy his deceit and lies...

I wonder if such people have a conscience. He was about to be humiliated (by Obinoscopy in subsequent posts) when he deleted the post and was shameful to accept that he was caught lieing.

APC and their fans seem to have no game, save for lieing, lieing and more of it.... they know Buhari is bad market, but refuse to accept, denying themselves the truth, and that is what NL unfortunately has to beal with... what do they call them again? supporters of APC?

They sure need extermination, and what powerful tool is there for lies, than the truth. We (Nigerians that stand for the truth) shall overcome!!! (

https://www.nairaland.com/1980701/constitution-permits-fg-postpone-2015

2 Likes

Re: External Reserve And Debt Under Obasanjo, Yaradua And Jonathan Administrations by automaticcars: 3:43am On Nov 08, 2014
Remarkable:
I often wonder why anyone pays the OP any attention... but I guess you can't just allow a serial liar to keep on spreading false news... see below what this Orlando Owoh posing as the OP does: when no one is watching, he spins information and facts, personally insulting anyone that challenges his lies... this is always... hear him:

"Some people are half educated. Firstly, Nigeria is not at War, we only battle terrorism. Secondly, if election were to be postponed in 2015, the CONSTITUTION allows that the President(Jonathan) will handover to the Senate President, who will act as President and organise the poll . However, such is not a matter of question because Nigeria is NOT at war but fighting Insurgents, which is not a new thing."

He calls other posters "half-educated" .. and then states something that is NOT in the constitution... thinking that because he can string words in a sentence, people will buy his deceit and lies...

I wonder if such people have a conscience. He was about to be humiliated (by Obinoscopy in subsequent posts) when he deleted the post and was shameful to accept that he was caught lieing.

APC and their fans seem to have no game, save for lieing, lieing and more of it.... they know Buhari is bad market, but refuse to accept, denying themselves the truth, and that is what NL unfortunately has to beal with... what do they call them again? supporters of APC?

They sure need extermination, and what powerful tool is there for lies, than the truth. We (Nigerians that stand for the truth) shall overcome!!! (

[s]
Remarkable:

[/s]
Remarkable:

(1) (2) (3) ... (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) ... (26) (Reply)

Buhari Extends His Sick Leave by Unspecified Number of Days / Meet Jide Sanwo-Olu: Biography, Governorship APC Lagos State Aspirant / Photo: Yusuf Buhari & His Girlfriend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.