Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,550 members, 7,816,336 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:44 AM

Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read (2174 Views)

Married Woman Stuck With Her Lover In Enugu Hours After Sex / Why Men Sleep After Sex [must Read]... / Here Are The Reasons Men Sleep After Sexx...number 8 Is Whaoo. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by Feranmicharles(m): 3:00pm On Nov 07, 2014
Although sex has been referred to as one of the most enjoyable things between a man and woman,  the woman race has been on the search to know why men nods straight to sleep after a good sex. With most women thinking ”dropping” straight into sleep by their men is a complete negative phenomena, the general notion has been that men are actually selfish to sleep immediately not minding how their mates feel about it.

Although men argue that the nature of sleeping immediately after sex  is due to tiredness from its rigors, Scientists have however found a good argument for men by confirming that ”men sleep after sex because they just cannot help it”. In a recent publication by Punch, it has been ascertained that men sleep after sex because they have little power over their bodies at that point in time, hence, not being able to stay awake after the whole rigor of sex.

Scientists have said that men really do need to sleep after sex when they climax because their brains become flooded with sleep-inducing chemicals such as oxytocin, serotonin and prolactin. Also, the blood rush after the climax depletes the muscles of energy-producing glycogen and because men typically have higher muscle density than women, they become more tired after sex.

A research made it known that after sex, a man’s cerebral cortex, which is the ‘thinking’ area, shuts down almost immediately after orgasm, in which two other areas, the cingulate cortex and amygdale make the rest of the brain to deactivate from sexual desire. This successive sexual behavior has however been linked to only humans alone according to research.

However it has been said that wives can talk to their partners about how they feel after sex, urging their husbands to dedicate few minutes for them immediately after sex, so as to help enhance the sleeping nature of their husbands after sex. According to a Consultant Psychologist, Prof. Toba Elegbeleye, said sex takes a lot of energy to complete and that there is tendency for the brain and the entire system to want to rest when such intense energy is exhibited. He also made it known that the location where the sexual activity takes place also has a way of affecting the man. In his words:  “When you indulge in sex, which usually takes place at night when people sleep naturally, it comes with a level of intensity that involves all your energy and whatever you can muster to make it have a shaking effect, after which the multi-nerve ends are relaxed. This makes people sleep easily.

“It also depends on where you do it. Usually, if it is a legal encounter, which takes place in your own bedroom where you are comfortable, you might sleep, which is different from when you do it in your car or somewhere else under duress, that is not so comfortable.

“Another factor that could aid sleeping well after sex is eating good food prior to the act because you may not be able to do it well if you are hungry and the body entertains only one urge at a time and hunger is as strong an urge and a drive as sex is. Other factors could be to have a pleasant room atmosphere with a good bed and if there is no thought of threatening financial burden or security issues in mind.”
Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by Nobody: 3:01pm On Nov 07, 2014
See yeye question o..befor are we goin to sing praises after havn sex

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by Feranmicharles(m): 3:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
Cutehector4u:
loiz.... Maybe you're different nooni #SingPraises? Lol grin
Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by Princecalm(m): 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2014
Cutehector4u:
guess u never read the write-up,it explains that,just that the op missed the right topic to term it.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by Nobody: 3:12pm On Nov 07, 2014
Princecalm:
guess u never read the write-up,it explains that just that the op missed the right topic to term it.
hmmm... Sum ppo sha
Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by Texykool: 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
What should we do after ? Play Ludo

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 07, 2014
Why do men sleep... not sleeps... shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by Princecalm(m): 3:27pm On Nov 07, 2014
Cutehector4u:
hmmm... Sum ppo sha
wat are you trying to say?
Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
seen
Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by Nobody: 3:29pm On Nov 07, 2014
SMH
Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by tosyne2much(m): 3:32pm On Nov 07, 2014
As long as I no dey sleep after sex, nothing concern me with thread grin

** runs out **

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by LadyCaty(f): 3:44pm On Nov 07, 2014
tosyne2much:
As long as I no dey sleep after sex, nothing concern me with thread grin

** runs out **

If I hear
Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by nickz(m): 3:49pm On Nov 07, 2014
no sleep is more interesting than after sex sleep i sweargringrin
when you wake up and start stretching,the sounds your joints makecheesy

at that point,you are like an android phone that just got turned on cause you wake up blanksad
then your memory starts booting
you start putting things together in your brain (happens in the speed of light)cheesy

sometimes i don't even remember the girl i slept with until i see her face
they all smile when they see you wake up(like say dem win ldiamond lottery)

if she fine................i smile and say hismiley
if she wor wor............i won't change my facial expression sad i just ask what time it is

in summary,NO QUANTITY OF SK/WEED OR STONING CAN GIVE YOU THIS EXPERIENCE

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by tosyne2much(m): 3:51pm On Nov 07, 2014
LadyCaty:

If I hear
seriously I no dey sleep after bleeping.. My eyes go just dey wide open after d deed has bin done

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by dapojaja(m): 5:05pm On Nov 07, 2014
that's if ur mind or thing's mind are connected together, else if ur mind is set to sleep but ur thing's mind is fully awake and ur thing is still standing at angle 90 degree, of course no sleep for u
Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by major466(m): 6:03pm On Nov 07, 2014
No wonder grin grin
Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by briantext(m): 6:17pm On Nov 07, 2014
Till then
Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by iamdotune(m): 6:20pm On Nov 07, 2014
nickz:

if she fine................i smile and say hismiley
if she wor wor............i won't change my facial expression sad i just ask what time it is
lmao this guy funny die
Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by EpicNigerian(m): 6:43pm On Nov 07, 2014
Seriously,na babes dey sleep pass o.Sometimes after sex,some of dem go even dey too lazy to put on cloths sef. And when dem dey sleep i go just dey look their bare body,and for mind i go be like.....so,na dis toto dey suffer me since abi?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by holatin(m): 9:49pm On Nov 17, 2014
mizzkeji44:
SMH
hmmm u go hiss Mrs virgin keji
Re: Why Do Men Sleep After Sex? Must Read by holatin(m): 9:59pm On Nov 17, 2014
not when you had a quickie with a girl In her dad house and dad is a soldier.
sleep no go fit catch u oooo

(1) (Reply)

Honestly She Is Becoming *over Posessive!! / 10 Things Girls Probably Doesn't Know About Guys / It's Alright: I Love Her But I Am Not In Love With Her,though.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.