Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,155 members, 7,829,119 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:46 PM

The Right Way To Propose - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / The Right Way To Propose (1862 Views)

"The Right Way To CHAT/TEXT With A Girl That Will Make Her Find You Attractive" / 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage / Is It Ever Okay For A Woman To Propose To A Man? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Right Way To Propose by Freshtomato(f): 10:08pm On Nov 10, 2014
So Me and my big Sis were discussing about the right way for a guy to propose.

Ladies: Would you prefer your boyfriend/fiance to ask permission from your parents before proposing or propose before meeting your parents?

Guys: Would you ask your girlfriend's father for permission before going down on one knee and popping the big question?

Or just go ahead and propose to her before meeting her parents.

What do you think? Let's hear your thought/ opinions smiley

Please no insults biko
Re: The Right Way To Propose by Cholls(m): 10:14pm On Nov 10, 2014
My sister I will prostrate tongue
Re: The Right Way To Propose by Mutuwa(m): 10:44pm On Nov 10, 2014
What has prostration got to do with matrimonial proposal?
I did mine sitting down and in the course of a normal jist.not that I came ready n rehearsed it.its always a two side answer of yes or no with no middle. undecided
Re: The Right Way To Propose by Freshtomato(f): 11:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
Cholls:
My sister I will prostrate tongue
Prostate for your babe first abi her papa?
Re: The Right Way To Propose by Freshtomato(f): 11:36pm On Nov 10, 2014
Mutuwa:
What has prostration got to do with matrimonial proposal?
I did mine sitting down and in the course of a normal jist.not that I came ready n rehearsed it.its always a two side answer of yes or no with no middle. undecided

So you asked her first before meeting her parents
Re: The Right Way To Propose by ERCROSS(m): 11:56pm On Nov 10, 2014
Propose first..
And all other things shall follow

Wait...
Did I jst hear u say No insult pls ?
On NL ?

U must be joking.
Re: The Right Way To Propose by AfricanApple(f): 12:06am On Nov 11, 2014
what right has my father got to give permissions or not for me to marry my man: propose to me baby and we go tell him we wanna get married

1 Like

Re: The Right Way To Propose by Mutuwa(m): 5:42am On Nov 11, 2014
Freshtomato:

So you asked her first before meeting her parents

Yea..we wer in skol then.Wer 6yrs now in the matrimonial world. smiley

1 Like

Re: The Right Way To Propose by Nobody: 6:15am On Nov 11, 2014
AfricanApple:
what right has my father got to give permissions or not for me to marry my man: propose to me baby and we go tell him we wanna get married
ur parents do have a right. There is something called "given in marriage".
Re: The Right Way To Propose by Freshtomato(f): 11:16am On Nov 11, 2014
AgapeCharis:
Re: The Right Way To Propose by Agybabe(f): 11:53am On Nov 11, 2014
Knowing my parents ain't the same thing with asking their permission to propose to me. What if they decline?

Propose to me first and I'll be the one to flaunt the ring on my finger to my mum's face. grin grin
Re: The Right Way To Propose by killercute16(m): 1:23pm On Nov 11, 2014
Propose to my lady then any other thing shall follow behind.
Re: The Right Way To Propose by Nobody: 2:23pm On Nov 11, 2014
AfricanApple:
Heey miss 'Apple cheesy. Been looking for you all over. It's time to fufil your promise.

Remember the promise? This is an alternate moniker to 'ebullientV'.

@Topic: I don't think this is important. Is it? What's important is getting d desired result(s).

But on a personal level, I'll propose to m'lady first before going to make my intentions known to her parents.
Re: The Right Way To Propose by AfricanApple(f): 2:35pm On Nov 11, 2014
Veeey:
Heey miss 'Apple cheesy. Been looking for you all over. It's time to fufil your promise.

@Topic: I don't think this is important. Is it? What's important is getting d desired result(s).

But on a personal level, I'll propose to m'lady first before going to make my intentions known to her parents.
Lol grin remind me of d promise pls cheesy

ebullient, its been a while I saw u na, why d change of moniker and how are u smiley
Re: The Right Way To Propose by AfricanApple(f): 2:38pm On Nov 11, 2014
AgapeCharis:
u have to explain to me what u mean cos i don't see how they have d right. what if they refuse to grant d permission for no good reason, they may say he is from another tribe, so becos they refuse I will not marry d man of my dreams? note dat if I go ahead and marry whom they don't want, that def means they have no right
Re: The Right Way To Propose by Nobody: 2:53pm On Nov 11, 2014
AfricanApple:
Lol grin remind me of d promise pls cheesy

ebullient, its been a while I saw u na, why d change of moniker and how are u smiley
The independence 'outing' oo. You don 4get again? You said you were going to do it at Jb's bar anytime I returned. grin.

Lol. It's been a while becos i've been away. I said as much d last time. I just wanted a change jarey.

And I'm trying to escape derailing. Just initiate the outing already, and we'll talk cheesy.
Re: The Right Way To Propose by Geesammy(m): 8:04am On Nov 13, 2014
;DBooking dis front page to propose to my unknown queen
cheesy
Re: The Right Way To Propose by basille(m): 8:13am On Nov 13, 2014
I would propose before meeting the parents
Re: The Right Way To Propose by Youngpo413: 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2014
Na to give am belle
Re: The Right Way To Propose by Syphax(m): 1:31pm On Dec 27, 2014
Propose ke?Did my Grandfather propose to my Grandmother?

You guys make a big thing out of nothing.

Just ask her "Ada will you marry me?"

Period!No knelling down or prostrating.
Re: The Right Way To Propose by Syphax(m): 1:35pm On Dec 27, 2014

"Woman Wrapper" spotted.

(1) (Reply)

Please Ladies Help Out Before I Vex Leave Her:: / Disadvantage Of Dating Your Coursemate. / What Should We Call These Set Of Ladies?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.