Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,087 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:28 PM

Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway (19646 Views)

Two Families Battle Over Paternity Of Girl, 16 / Parents Of Girl Who Kidnapped Herself Disown Her.(pic) / May The Soul Of My Mother Rest In Peace. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 1:48am On Nov 12, 2014
kandiikane:

I am certain if nairalanders were the jurors, they would all say reasonable for was used.

Degree of excessive force: if the degree of force used is not very far beyond the threshold of what is reasonable, a prosecution may not be needed in the public interest.
one blow retaliated by several blows goes beyond the threshold of what is reasonable.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 1:54am On Nov 12, 2014
kandiikane:

You are indeed drunk you must have been watching a different video. I have made my point and you have argued many wrong and irelevant points some of which you didn't know of.

Good night.
and all you did was throw your emotions all over the thread by making senseless personal attacks when you had no sensible response and you call that arguing on relevant points undecided
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by kandiikane(m): 2:20am On Nov 12, 2014
Mondisweets:

Degree of excessive force: if the degree of force used is not very far beyond the threshold of what is reasonable, a prosecution may not be needed in the public interest.
one blow retaliated by several blows goes beyond the threshold of what is reasonable.

All you saw was one blow from the attack right? You didn't see the several punches the girl landed on him as they were going across to the other side or those which where landed on him from the back. Even if it was just one blow, he will be assessed subjectively!! Was the violence premeditated? Was there any evidence of serious injury or death? 3 of them attacked him and they are collectively a singular person. You are defending the wrong person.

Here is a scenario:
Miriam(student) got on a bus and 7 students entered that same bus later. These students have been bullying this girl in school. The 7 girls all went to sit at the back of the bus after a while one (daizy) of them came round to the middle of the bus where miriam was sitting and asked her what she was chewing. The miriam told her nothing and daizy accused her of lying. Daizy told her she knew she had chewing gum and she wanted to check miriam's bag for it, miriam refused and daizy launched forward to check her bag but before getting to it miriam opened up her bag angrily and told her that there was nothing in there showing her the contents. Daizy started using abusive words on miriam as she walked away and miriam replied her with an insult. Daizy walked back to where miriam was sitting and asked her what she said, miriam ignored her and daizy then pushed miriam's head, in return miriam slapped her. A fight ensued and the rest of the 6 girls came to join in. One of them started pulling miriam's hair and miriam responded by punching her in the nose which led to her bleeding from it.

Remember this is in a public transport.

Is miriam guilty for battery?
Will miriam be held liable for the harm caused to the one pulling the hair?

I want you to take your time and answer the two questions.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by kandiikane(m): 2:31am On Nov 12, 2014
Mondisweets:
and all you did was throw your emotions all over the thread by making senseless personal attacks when you had no sensible response and you call that arguing on relevant points undecided
if someone is arguing stup!dly and doesn't know her law , once my point has been made I tend to point out the stup!dness. Remember you said this a forum, so it will only be personal if you take it that way. wink
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 2:43am On Nov 12, 2014
kandiikane:

if someone is arguing stup!dly and doesn't know her law , once my point has been made I tend to point out the stup!dness. Remember you said this a forum, so it will only be personal if you take it that way. wink
if only what claim to achieve online was just as real as what they achieve in real life grin you make a personal attack by diverting from the issue at hand and focusing a insulting person. you don't even know what a personal attack and you dare talk about stupid*ty? stup*d.ity is best ignored that, that exactly what im gonna do with you from this point onwards smiley thought you said u are tired a million times a couple of hours ago
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by kandiikane(m): 2:55am On Nov 12, 2014
Mondisweets:
if only what claim to achieve online was just as real as what they achieve in real life grin you make a personal attack by diverting from the issue at hand and focusing a insulting person. you don't even know what a personal attack and you dare talk about stupid*ty? stup*d.ity is best ignored that, that exactly what im gonna do with you from this point onwards smiley thought you said u are tired a million times a couple of hours ago
I changed my mind grin I don't claim to achieve anything because for all you know I could be living in a shack somewhere in Somalia without even a seconday school certificate. This is where you will continue to fail if you bring in irrelevant points to argue. Calling your argument stup!d is not diverting from topic, diverting would be what you have done and what I am doing now. A qualified person like you claim to be should know that. smiley
If you don't want to go through the problem question I gave you, just say so and stop looking for excuses by crying foul.

2 Likes

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 4:24am On Nov 12, 2014
freecocoa:
Wow! She hit him first though but the man dey vex o grin.

That girl own was just too much, all the ranting on her part wasn't enough that she still had to go hit him, the girl reeks of ghetto/gangster, she felt like a star talking 'bout "you don't know me" mschew.

To be honest, it would be very difficult for a man like that who is obviously not gentle to ignore all her rants in front of people, dude felt if he doesn't do something, he would forever be mocked but wait o, the queen 'nagger' wasn't the only one who got slapped, dude even hit her friend more than he did her, that guy sure has issues too grin.

I wonder what led to all that sha.

her friend or the captain save a hoe grin
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 4:28am On Nov 12, 2014
Mondisweets:
if I slap you and you slap me back, you can get away with self-defence but when it turns out into a mini WWE smackdown it becomes public violence. I believe there are other innocent passengers who were hurt and affected during the fight, don't only look at those that were part of the fight. That's why I said its not a wise idea to sue anyone, we will be sinking his own ship if he does that. Not only was there contributory fault of his part, his actions also constitute a criminal offence

wrong, he was getting out of the situation when he got attacked first by the girl and second by the captain save a hoe. dude had to defend himself. and if he had pressed charges with the video evidence, he can eventually win the case

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 4:39am On Nov 12, 2014
Mondisweets:
but he was breaking the law by causing public disturbance.

I checked in the English dictionary and it is still defined as, " an offensive way of reffering to a woman, especially in an unpleasant way."

self defence and private defence are a ground of justification in hundreds of other countries all over the world too not just the state of New York. And in all these countries and states that have self defence and private defence as a ground of justification they come with limitations too smiley

I'm sure you remember the other incident where a Cleveland bus driver sucker-punched a lady after she spit on his face. do tell me why he was charged with assault, even though he wasn't the one who started the attack? undecided CCTV will not help you if you assault affects or hurts other people in the club who are not part of your fight, stop lying. Crimes deal with the public interests and not just individual interests.

let me give you another example if I pay you to kill someone and you succeed. we will both be charged with murder (despite the fact that I wasn't the one who actually killed the person) because I had influence on the commission of the crime. that's all it takes

the bus driver and the girl was both charged

driver= assault
girl=misconduct

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 4:43am On Nov 12, 2014
Mondisweets:

Sholly I didn't say he didn't have the right to defend himself, I said he exceeded the limits because other people where also affected by their actions too. when you involve other people in your wahala (whether u do it intentionally or reckelessly) you have not only fringed the interests of your attacker but you have also infringed the interests of the other people.

can't you see he was jumped on by the captain save a hoe? after the first slap did he attack her again?

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 5:03am On Nov 12, 2014
Mondisweets:

if no one was affected why did other passengers move away? and if no innocent passenger was harmed, what do you call hitting those passengers who tried to stop the fight?

do you call the beat-down he gave to the second girl "minimal"?

and the passengers plus the video cannot prove that both parties acted violently in public?
please tell me why its called public violence again?

that was a guy, he is captain save a hoe

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by pickabeau1: 5:44am On Nov 12, 2014
Kandikane

Can you open a remedial law academy to help less educationally advantaged students like khan academy grin

3 Likes

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by freecocoa(f): 6:41am On Nov 12, 2014
donnypool:

her friend or the captain save a hoe grin
The captain is obviously her friend too na, very stup1d guy with zero strength going to fight someone else's battle, I guess the insulted guy was even angrier a dude was supporting the girls so he really needed to teach the captain a lesson, which I'm sure he learnt.grin

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by waywardpikin: 7:28am On Nov 12, 2014
kandiikane:

You are indeed drunk you must have been watching a different video. I have made my point and you have argued many wrong and irelevant points some of which you didn't know of.

Good night.

Thank you jare! This is what you should have done a long time ago. Was observing the back and forth argument wondering wtf. I can feel some of my brain cells shrinking already. angry

3 Likes

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by waywardpikin: 7:39am On Nov 12, 2014
Mondisweets:

All her responses were very sensible actually. Yours on the other hand, not so much. I seriously doubt you watched the video.

Now, the lady hit him at the back of his head while he was trying to walk away from the volatile situation, to which he responded instinctively and immediately with a beautiful slap. As soon as he slapped the hood rat, her savior rose to her defense. Her savior also referred to as Captain-save-a-hoe. He came to her rescue by throwing punches at the aggrieved party and that was when things degenerated into a full-on fight between the defendant and Captain-save-a-hoe. It gives me great pleasure to say that Captain-save-a-hoe got his ass seriously whooped.

I'm saying this because it seems you are mistaking the second person that took 90% of the beat down for a woman. That was a man, he instigated the second attack and got what he rightfully deserved. Your arguments have been embarrassing thus far.

2 Likes

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by waywardpikin: 7:43am On Nov 12, 2014
pickabeau1:
Kandikane

Can you open a remedial law academy to help less educationally advantaged students like khan academy grin

Lmao...funny!

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Arsenate(m): 7:49am On Nov 12, 2014
gaddammit...that guy did a good job on that girl
TBH Nigerian girls aren't that bad but they seem to be fighting to get there.

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 7:57am On Nov 12, 2014
Update:

The guy and lady have been arrested by the the New York Police. The girl's two friends also arrested for involvement in the fights. The guy and the girl's friends were all charged with misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct, while the girl got the most severe charge of felony assault for using a shoe as a weapon in the assault.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by waywardpikin: 8:02am On Nov 12, 2014
goofyone:
Update:

The guy and lady have been arrested by the the New York Police. The girl's two friends also arrested for involvement in the fights. The guy and the girl's friends were all charged with misdemeanor assault and disorderly conduct, while the girl got the most severe charge of felony assault for using a shoe as a weapon in the assault.

A fair sentence if you ask me. And expected too.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by freecocoa(f): 8:02am On Nov 12, 2014
goofyone:
Update:

Wow! Please do keep us posted.

You see, we even forgot the weapon part.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Pdizzle(m): 9:57am On Nov 12, 2014
Who raised these women..?

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 10:21am On Nov 12, 2014
waywardpikin:

All her responses were very sensible actually. Yours on the other hand, not so much. I seriously doubt you watched the video.

Now, the lady hit him at the back of his head while he was trying to walk away from the volatile situation, to which he responded instinctively and immediately with a beautiful slap. As soon as he slapped the hood rat, her savior rose to her defense. Her savior also referred to as Captain-save-a-hoe. He came to her rescue by throwing punches at the aggrieved party and that was when things degenerated into a full-on fight between the defendant and Captain-save-a-hoe. It gives me great pleasure to say that Captain-save-a-hoe got his ass seriously whooped.

Because i do not agree with your point of view does not make my point of view irrelevant. You believe he was right and the other people were wrong and i still believe all of them were wrong. So if something gives you great satisfaction, then it stops being a crime? undecided

I'm saying this because it seems you are mistaking the second person that took 90% of the beat down for a woman. That was a man, he instigated the second attack and got what he rightfully deserved. Your arguments have been embarrassing thus far.
so it stops being public violence if "a man" is the one who gets a beat down. So men require no equal protection before the law?
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 10:26am On Nov 12, 2014
donnypool:

the bus driver and the girl was both charged

driver= assault
girl=misconduct

And in this case what makes one person wrong and the other right. Give a logical reason without using your captain save a hoes. Lets talk about whats legally right and wrong and not what sentiments decides is right and wrong.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 10:33am On Nov 12, 2014
donnypool:

wrong, he was getting out of the situation when he got attacked first by the girl and second by the captain save a hoe. dude had to defend himself. and if he had pressed charges with the video evidence, he can eventually win the case
why are u focusing on what he attempted and failed to do? Defend himself to what extent? And what stops him for being criminally liable as well?
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 11:03am On Nov 12, 2014
goofyone:
Update:

Yes, I read she was charged with felony assault yesterday. No sympathy from me. I'm sure she will learn her lesson. Rubbish!

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by kandiikane(m): 11:34am On Nov 12, 2014
goofyone:
Update:

so it was a shoe and not even a bag.

Omg, deja vu! grin

And the person with long hair and skinny jeans was a man?

pickabeau1:
Kandikane
Lol, I actually wanted to open a law thread where we can discuss problems and such but no point because I want to learn too and I haven't met anyone who has studied or is studying that knows the law well.

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by kandiikane(m): 11:39am On Nov 12, 2014
Mondisweets:
why are u focusing on what he attempted and failed to do? Defend himself to what extent? And what stops him for being criminally liable as well?
you still aren't using your brain. In self defence you don't necessarily have to try to remove yourself but if you do try to that's 1 point for you right there. It shows the jury you took steps to avoid the outcome

2 Likes

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 12, 2014
kandiikane:

you still aren't using your brain. In self defence you don't necessarily have to try to remove yourself but if you do try to that's 1 point for you right there. It shows the jury you took steps to avoid the outcome

There is a big difference between using a brain and not having one. The latter is the case here

1 Like

Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by wonlasewonimi: 11:44am On Nov 12, 2014
kandiikane:

Lol, I actually wanted to open a law thread where we can discuss problems and such but no point because I want to learn too and I haven't met anyone who has studied or is studying that knows the law well.

I know the law very well. We could collaborate and become legal luminaries.
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by kandiikane(m): 11:46am On Nov 12, 2014
wonlasewonimi:

I know the law very well. We could collaborate and become legal luminaries.

Really? That will be great. Have you studied international law?
Re: Man Smacks The Soul Out Of Girl On The NY Subway by Daresh(f): 11:47am On Nov 12, 2014
Hahahahahaha cheesy Heifer deserved that slap!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

How Do You Lift Your Spirits When You Are Down? / A Surrogate Mother Needed / Should My Girlfriend Go And Collect Her Things From Her Ex

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.