Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:15 AM

(Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram (17409 Views)

Holland Chukwudubem A Dead Soldier: Another Fallen Hero / Another Fallen Hero:Lt Salami,A Soldier Killed By Boko Haram 4-days Ago(Pictured / Another Fallen Hero Was Killed By Bokoharam Yesterday!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Nobody: 6:07pm On Nov 12, 2014
[quote author=ichidodo post=27955441][/quote]
Coward, is that all you've got? May your pathetic soul rest in cowardice
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by darqly(m): 6:10pm On Nov 12, 2014
Litmus:
They fear amnesty, they fear Northern opinion, they fear America, they fear this, they fear that- for Bleep sake go and deal with these terrorists, send special forces to remove Biya and Derby from office in Cameroon and Chad respectively, France be damned.
Rest in peace lieutenant Mayowa Areago.

Made plenty of sense till you decided to add this irrational bit on Cameroon and Chad. Special forces to remove who biko? Let's stop looking for whom to blame when we're setting our house on fire with our own hands. Cameroonian gendarmes are the ones ferrying our refugees back to Yola since Mubi fell, not our useless ambassador who hasn't deemed it fit to setup a proper displaced persons camp till date. We kid ourselves when we blame other countries for our leaders ineptitude, insensitivity and glaring indifference.
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by ichidodo: 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2014
harde2lah:

Mayowa is a Coward, is that all he's got? May his pathetic soul rest in cowardice
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by jazzy4naija(m): 6:22pm On Nov 12, 2014
ichidodo:
Mayowa shouldn't have died, what are they teaching them in that Academy? To retreat in the face of rag-tag urchins equipped with same weapons as the graduates??...what happened to cover-fire,suppression fire,teamwork and coordination.Is everyone running into the army bereft of passion but the desire of financial largesse such that they cannot learn basics and tactics??..
u are the greatest fool to ever
come out of this world. That has reflected in the nonsense u posted above.
what do u know about war and who told u that the only time people are killed
in war is when they are retreating? i know due to your low iq u will find it
difficult to understand what a riot is let alone understanding what war is. I
advice u employ a primary 1 pupil to educate ur demented brain

1 Like

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Frankenstein: 6:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
DRealGeesam:

Honestly.
This just unfair.
They are busy blaming usa for our poor armory. Times without number, nigerians have asked, "cant we buy from other countries that dont give a damn about usa?"
We are at war and men are dying everyday for goodness sake!
List the countries that are willing to sell arms to us. Add the type and class of weapons and military equipment they manufacture and sell.

Then check out what our military needs and figure out if it matches what they produce.
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by ichidodo: 6:35pm On Nov 12, 2014
jazzy4naija:
[s]u are the greatest fool to ever
come out of this world. That has reflected in the nonsense u posted above.
what do u know about war and who told u that the only time people are killed
in war is when they are retreating? i know due to your low iq u will find it
difficult to understand what a riot is let alone understanding what war is. I
advice u employ a primary 1 pupil to educate ur demented brain[/s]
Shut up stupidd fucck...
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by tit(f): 6:37pm On Nov 12, 2014
Rest in peace Mayowa.
You have done your duty.
Your brother soldiers are on post
and will never let you down.
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by christopher123(m): 7:25pm On Nov 12, 2014
An army went tp war during greek times i think its sparta war..the general burnt their ships telling them they should not and cant retreat..that is bravery they won the war

Another army went to war crossd the bridge burnt it and won the enemy...no room for retreat..its cowardice for them

R i p soilder...but if i might say

Vietnam fought usa with rusty weapon and usa suffered
Biafra held nigeria hostage for years

Its not the weapon but the low morale and bravery of the army

Now this is army fighting civilians

This is the problem we have depending on foriegn powers we should be ashamed of ourselves as country

Biafra manufactured their weapons converted aircrafts to bombers built great bombs and guided their missiles

Here we cant even build simple pitsols but beg usa to sel us guns....they are making guns in awka

This is what we get hating igbo

Ihejirika has been vindicated

In biafra africa died

R i p soilder

2 Likes

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by shigoslim(m): 7:33pm On Nov 12, 2014
This gun is nt good enough with enemies u can identify, they need both AK47 and sniper, seriously speaking sniper is very effective in this kind of war not AK47 check American soldiers in IRAQ 70% of them used sniper.

GEJ am yo fans do something, i lost 2 cousin to bokoharam during bama attack. Our gallant army are dying everyday , Nigeria army can't account for the number of our gallant troops who has lost their life in this battle. If u know u have the solution and u fail to act the blood of this innocent Nigeria we avenge. For those behind the barbaric evil i believe that your days are number only time will tell when it will consume you.

Asagbe kan ko si laye yi bi ko se asepamo......... Gbogbo wa lo jere ise owo wa bi buburu ni bi dada ni o jere re .

For you tribal bigot u may think u are less concern or u dnt hve brother in this battle think about your friend, relative, cousin, sembly who may fall the victim, don't laugh at whom affected because what goes around comes around.
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by PapiWata: 7:40pm On Nov 12, 2014
shigoslim:
This gun is nt good enough with enemies u can identify, they need both AK47 and sniper, seriously speaking sniper is very effective in this kind of war not AK47 check American soldiers in IRAQ 70% of them used sniper.

The Nigerian military IS using snipers in this war on terror, but they are deployed in absolute secrecy.
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by malele(m): 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2014
omenka:
Just look at the guns these guys are given to go face an enemy that packs all manner of sophisticated armour pearcing guns!!

High time we pushed those pot bellied men in Ship House in Abuja to the frontline!

May his soul find rest, amen.

You people comment anyhow with proper research, if they tell u what that gun called Ak 47 can do, u will close u mouth.
Do u know that gun is more rugged than american m16.
Our soldier have good weapons but low moral that's the problem we are facing

1 Like

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by hugelyendowed: 8:28pm On Nov 12, 2014
RIP runaway soldier

2 Likes

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by enekentioba: 8:32pm On Nov 12, 2014
Reptyle:

At least he and his ilk from every tribe in Nigeria had the courage to sign up and fight so that bloody ingrates like you can seat in comfort typing rubbish on Nairaland to impugn his sacrifice.

I don't pity any fuccking soldier. Useless forming James Bond on roadblocks.

1 Like

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by komekn(m): 8:34pm On Nov 12, 2014
UnimkeAk:

RIP Lt

I Strongly agree with you.
AK-47 – Semi or Fully Automatic Assault Rifle
The AK-47 is without a doubt the #1 rifle in the history of weapons. Well over 75 million of these assault rifles have been manufactured throughout the world. It is believed the AK-47 has inflicted more lethal shots than any other produced weapon.
The AK-47s design was based on the German Sturmgewehr chambering an intermediate round and using stamped parts, making it both easy and inexpensive to produce.
The AK-47 also proved to be easy to maintain and could survive just about every type of condition it was thrown into.
The amount of fire (600 rounds per minute) compensate for its average accuracy. The AK-47 has a 7.62 x 39mm caliber with a cartridge capacity of 30 and an average muzzle velocity of 2,329 feet/second.
The AK-47 is the most reliable assault rifle every made. In fact it can be speculated that 200 years from now someone will still be carrying this assault rifle.

The Nigeria Army is finished.
Because Enlistment is not based on merit.
People asking for better weapons, what do u recommend?
As long as I'm concerned, an AK47 should do the job

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH YOU as well as Papiwata

Things have moved on guys, you really need an update in perspective and capacity.

The supposed advantage the AK47 did have has been overtaken by more contemporary assault rifles that have CLEAR OVERIDING ADAVANTAGE [/b]over the antiquated AK47.

The AK47 is supposedly reliable dependant on procurement, the Russian variants are mostly reliable not so the Chinese , Nigerian variants etc (numerous complaints about NA ak47s regularly jamming right in a fire fight) so it is rugged, simplistic in its mechanisms and therefore easily maintained.[b] I WILL GIVE THAT TO YOU.
but so is a peugeot 504, 505 does'nt make it better than an Merc GL500.

What’s the effective range of an AK47 ? 300 metres that’s at best in perfect conditions, however, considering its heavy recoil and loss of velocity of its 7.62x 39mm round it’s far from accurate. Add to that a stress of adrenalin flowing battle conditions and the absence of optical sights you’re really talking about an effective range of 150 metres or even much less and not head shots but body.

Compare that to a Heckler & Koch G36 assault rifle which in the G36A1 variant has twin optical sights and an effective range of 800metres plus, very limited recoil and super accuracy. The 5.56x45mm doesn’t have a loss of velocity like the AK and therefore causes a lot more damage furthermore the precision of the G36 means less rounds are expended because of its greater accuracy.

I will explain using the example of a very brave Nigerian combatant with his AK47 facing multiple boko blood thirsty terrorists. A single boko fighter has to go within 50 metres of the NA combatant to ensure a hit (reflection of the inaccurate AK47) at this stage brave NA combatant has probably run out of ammo and engages the boko fighter hand to hand and makes a run for it (i pray he made it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQWdOLwOJfE

We can see in the vid the boko idiot with GPMG expending rounds wildly but with zero hits indeed the whole bunch are shooting with their AKs at about 300metres range at our brave NA combatant with no hits. That’s why they have to a go a lot closer to make a hit.

Now if he had a G36 (dual optical sights standard), he could pick off the lot of them head shots at 300 metres almost with a near 100 % hit rate dependant on his ability. That boko idiot that crossed the brook would not have been able to cross the brook before he will be facing his 70 virgins. He our brave combatant could then beat a devastating tactical retreat plucking boko off one by one as he retreats even at 800 metres. This is what gives you overriding advantage not numbers but precision weaponry.

Below a video of German Special Forces using a G36 at night firing from the hip and hitting targets at 700 metres in near pitch darkness using night vision (standard issue for any modern army), this is just to buttress my point. I am only using the G36 as an example there are a number of assault rifles HK416, SCAR FN mk16,etc , that have better ruggedness and reliability than the AK47 but with far, far, greater accuracy and DEADLY PRECISION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bn3GvvkA6U

The next question you would want to ask, is how much will it cost to get 10,000 units of these desperately neede G36A1's to our boys in the theatre of the NE probably less than what TAN have spent on publicity and what it cost to have the constitutional (waste of time) conference.

3 Likes

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by 2romantic: 9:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
RIP
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Cannonleo(m): 9:36pm On Nov 12, 2014
komekn:

I COMPLETELY DISAGREE WITH YOU as well as Papiwata

Things have moved on guys, you really need an update in perspective and capacity.

The supposed advantage the AK47 did have has been overtaken by more contemporary assault rifles that have CLEAR OVERIDING ADAVANTAGE [/b]over the antiquated AK47.

The AK47 is supposedly reliable dependant on procurement, the Russian variants are mostly reliable not so the Chinese , Nigerian variants etc (numerous complaints about NA ak47s regularly jamming right in a fire fight) so it is rugged, simplistic in its mechanisms and therefore easily maintained.[b] I WILL GIVE THAT TO YOU.
but so is a peugeot 504, 505 does'nt make it better than an Merc GL500.

What’s the effective range of an AK47 ? 300 metres that’s at best in perfect conditions, however, considering its heavy recoil and loss of velocity of its 7.62x 39mm round it’s far from accurate. Add to that a stress of adrenalin flowing battle conditions and the absence of optical sights you’re really talking about an effective range of 150 metres or even much less and not head shots but body.

Compare that to a Heckler & Koch G36 assault rifle which in the G36A1 variant has twin optical sights and an effective range of 800metres plus, very limited recoil and super accuracy. The 5.56x45mm doesn’t have a loss of velocity like the AK and therefore causes a lot more damage furthermore the precision of the G36 means less rounds are expended because of its greater accuracy.

I will explain using the example of a very brave Nigerian combatant with his AK47 facing multiple boko blood thirsty terrorists. A single boko fighter has to go within 50 metres of the NA combatant to ensure a hit (reflection of the inaccurate AK47) at this stage brave NA combatant has probably run out of ammo and engages the boko fighter hand to hand and makes a run for it (i pray he made it).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQWdOLwOJfE

We can see in the vid the boko idiot with GPMG expending rounds wildly but with zero hits indeed the whole bunch are shooting with their AKs at about 300metres range at our brave NA combatant with no hits. That’s why they have to a go a lot closer to make a hit.

Now if he had a G36 (dual optical sights standard), he could pick off the lot of them head shots at 300 metres almost with a near 100 % hit rate dependant on his ability. That boko idiot that crossed the brook would not have been able to cross the brook before he will be facing his 70 virgins. He our brave combatant could then beat a devastating tactical retreat plucking boko off one by one as he retreats even at 800 metres. This is what gives you overriding advantage not numbers but precision weaponry.

Below a video of German Special Forces using a G36 at night firing from the hip and hitting targets at 700 metres in near pitch darkness using night vision (standard issue for any modern army), this is just to buttress my point. I am only using the G36 as an example there are a number of assault rifles HK416, SCAR FN mk16,etc , that have better ruggedness and reliability than the AK47 but with far, far, greater accuracy and DEADLY PRECISION.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bn3GvvkA6U

The next question you would want to ask, is how much will it cost to get 10,000 units of these desperately neede G36A1's to our boys in the theatre of the NE probably less than what TAN have spent on publicity and what it cost to have the constitutional (waste of time) conference.

u made very valuable points I wont argue with u.but I am a proponet of innovation and improvization..the ak still stands out
This is what I want DICON 2 do
Look at the pic

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by komekn(m): 10:49pm On Nov 12, 2014
Cannonleo:

u made very valuable points I wont argue with u.but I am a proponet of innovation and improvization..the ak still stands out
This is what I want DICON 2 do
Look at the pic

Adding an optic sight will not increase the range of the AK or reduce its recoil it will be an improvement but not an overwhelming one.

Saudi Arabia produce the G36 under licence as well as Spain why can't we We have a very large trade defecit i our favour with Germany intelligent diplomacy will get us all we need. Consider that Germany is about the 3rd largest exporter of arms in the World.

http://www.sipri.org/googlemaps/2014_of_at_top_20_exp_map.html

If I was to tell you how much I would be able to procure these assault rifles per unit you would probably cry and if our combatants knew there would RIOT & MUTINY
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by hugoart(m): 10:57pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:
Is this gun different from what our police officers carry about on the road? What is wrong in using highly sophisticated weapons? angry

RIP gallant soldier!
Jonathan has stolen the money meant for weaponry.
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by hugoart(m): 10:58pm On Nov 12, 2014
berem:
Is this gun different from what our police officers carry about on the road? What is wrong in using highly sophisticated weapons? angry

RIP gallant soldier!
Jonathppp

an has stolen the money meant for weaponry. Pp
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by waternogetemeny: 11:00pm On Nov 12, 2014
RIP brave and gallant officer...

RIP
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by komekn(m): 11:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
RIP Revealed Incredible Personality

He has paid the price, the ultimate price for a nation that its leaders who should know better, would other wise prefer to DENIGRATE than CELEBRATE by descending so low to even deny his existance and gallant contribution to our nation's security and very existance.

Officer I salute you with gratitude from all patriots of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by deji68: 11:19pm On Nov 12, 2014
RIP.....Gallant soldier, may god protect our soldiers cry cry cry cry
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by nduchucks: 11:27pm On Nov 12, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1856345_32_jpegc7cd61c07e131800a9febaa8ba675b65

RIP, dear hero! cry

My ordinary hunting assault rifle, used to hunt on my hunting trips to Texas, is more sophisticatred than this crap! What's wrong with our leaders?
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by PenSniper: 1:37am On Nov 13, 2014
Collynzo9:

Mayowa retreating from the war front?
Nothing new there.
These are the same people that will re-appear from no where to claim victory when others have done the dirty job.

A biggotry maggot with a cruel post. Millions of your men-cows perished at the war front because they failed to learn that tactical retreat is part of war strategy. Your post signified your joy at the death of a fellow like you because your are a gorilla in human skin.

2 Likes

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by PenSniper: 2:20am On Nov 13, 2014
Collynzo9:

Trash!
He signed up for his monthly pay cheque amd nothing else. That is why his type are always running away from battle handing over weapons to boko haram

Your forefathers of Biafra infamy either betrayed their own people to the FG, got lilly-livered and bolted disguised in female skirt with false breasts or ran headlong to their destruction like moronic chest-beating fulani cows. Those that survived were eyesores to behold like deflated gorillas -

2 Likes

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by PenSniper: 2:56am On Nov 13, 2014
Collynzo9:

Mayowa retreating from the war front?
Nothing new there.
These are the same people that will re-appear from no where to claim victory when others have done the dirty job.

Collynzo, the ongoing Syrian war is barely 3 years old and the total casualties of both combatants and civilians is just about 300,000. That millions of boastful Biafrans perished in a 3-year war does not speak of bravery but lack of brains and low cognitive reasoning which make empty barrels to make the most noise.

2 Likes

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by lalasticlala(m): 6:44am On Nov 13, 2014
PenSniper:

Collynzo, the ongoing Syrian war is barely 3 years old and the total casualties of both combatants and civilians is just about 300,000. That millions of boastful Biafrans perished in a 3-year war does not speak of bravery but lack of brains and low cognitive reasoning which make empty barrels to make the most noise.
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by Cannonleo(m): 7:14am On Nov 13, 2014
komekn:

Adding an optic sight will not increase the range of the AK or reduce its recoil it will be an improvement but not an overwhelming one.

Saudi Arabia produce the G36 under licence as well as Spain why can't we We have a very large trade defecit i our favour with Germany intelligent diplomacy will get us all we need. Consider that Germany is about the 3rd largest exporter of arms in the World.

http://www.sipri.org/googlemaps/2014_of_at_top_20_exp_map.html

If I was to tell you how much I would be able to procure these assault rifles per unit you would probably cry and if our combatants knew there would RIOT & MUTINY

I beg 2 humbly disagree an upgraded Ak with optical sights and a pistol grip (optional beats ur theory of will be an overwhelming improvement 2 a certain degree...if it is operated alongside a good orbat doctrine and.common sense...
When a target is beyong 300 meters say.400-496m switch 2 semi automatic even while underfire.prone and fire studies,simulations have shown that the minimum acurracy u can achieve underthat condition is 92% percent same a a dragnov sniper rifle under pressure ..when ur hostiles aee within range.switch 2 full automatic and engage..even thou i certainly agree with u.i prefer 2 fight with what I can produce quickly and deploy and also improve,however monotomy in weaponry for infantry men makes no sense now in modern warfare..

With the propensity of the west to hit sanctions at any time nd the fact that even the germans will no give us a licence even 2 produce WW2 MP40..i will stick with this modified AK for infantry nd AK-74 for special forces with 40mm grenade attached shekina
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by tit(f): 7:22am On Nov 13, 2014
The NA has to drastically revise its Order of Battle.
All this talk of assault rifles no be am.
The NA has to get 1000 shilkas or better immediately, to start with.
The days of the dog soldier are over.
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by christopher123(m): 7:45am On Nov 13, 2014
PenSniper:

When they say million died in biafra are they civilian or army

Did they count the bodies

We cant even count the living accurately not to talk of death

Did they starve civilians in syria

The soilder died in cowardice

R i p though

Dont let me worked up

Nigerian army lack ingenuity..they cant even take on boko civilians

They begged uk russia etc to supply them weapon to fight biafra

The breeze has blown now we can see the anus of hen

You dont use nepotism to recruit

U use patriots

Now to some people

Its good to die standing than in ur knees or runing

Its not the weapon ...ak 47 is a good gun but cowardice i can say

A bad workman quarells wit his tools

1 Like

Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by christopher123(m): 7:54am On Nov 13, 2014
Cannonleo:

I beg 2 humbly disagree an upgraded Ak with optical sights and a pistol grip (optional beats ur theory of will be an overwhelming improvement 2 a certain degree...if it is operated alongside a good orbat doctrine and.common sense...
When a target is beyong 300 meters say.400-496m switch 2 semi automatic even while underfire.prone and fire studies,simulations have shown that the minimum acurracy u can achieve underthat condition is 92% percent same a a dragnov sniper rifle under pressure ..when ur hostiles aee within range.switch 2 full automatic and engage..even thou i certainly agree with u.i prefer 2 fight with what I can produce quickly and deploy and also improve,however monotomy in weaponry for infantry men makes no sense now in modern warfare..

With the propensity of the west to hit sanctions at any time nd the fact that even the germans will no give us a licence even 2 produce WW2 MP40..i will stick with this modified AK for infantry nd AK-74 for special forces with 40mm grenade attached shekina

My man ur writing thesis

Give these combatants isreali uzzi or howitzer they cant use it..why

Majority of them aint got education...they are trained in hausa and there is common sense application low

Just like givin an iphone 6 to an illiterate..he wont use the full capacity

Dont blame the gun blame the morale

Now isis are stoped in south turkey with just riffles

Dont under estimate the will power

Look at biafran war

Locals produced their weapons held the whole country hostage tears and years
Re: (Photos) Another Fallen Hero: Lt Mayowa Areago Shot Dead By Boko Haram by christopher123(m): 8:13am On Nov 13, 2014
ichidodo:
[b] I wouldn't blame the FG but the age old military traditions instituted to kill merit for nepotism,creativity and passion for medocrity..everyone is into the army for monetary/social gains and we pretty sure none envisage the spectre that was BH never mind engaging them.Skirmishes like these never need aerial assets if they cannot be available but men who are not only well-trained but are bold and passionate?? enough to stand their grounds else a little frontal BH assault turns into a turkey-shoot at our expense.I can bet that mayowa was a victim of incoordination,cowardice and just plain fear on his part and that of his comrades...is it the fear of BH technicals? something a single well placed sniper/ sniper teams can pick off or the sight of gun wielding urchins streaming across the horizon? Another thing well placed GPMG emplacements can easily mow down.The NDA is graduating half baked student officers who cant command and control battlefield scenarios and crises thus setting them up for stories that touch....Or maybe the instructors are just useless desk officers.[/b]

That is what i wanted them to knw

Dont blame the weapon power blame the will power

These boko boys are just civilians with the same type of weapons also

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I’m Still In APC – Kwankwaso / Travellers Abducted In Fresh Kaduna Attack / Kano PDP Faction Joins NNPP

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.