Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,960 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:00 AM

Weird World Of A Webmaster - Webmasters (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Weird World Of A Webmaster (35751 Views)

Need A Webmaster To Partner With My Record Label / How Can I Trust A Webmaster/web Designer ? / An E-book That Will Make You A Webmaster In No Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by dorange(m): 6:12pm On Nov 13, 2014
Visit my site @ www.peepscrib.com nd tell me wat u feel abt d design
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Codedboy95(m): 6:14pm On Nov 13, 2014
choi AOS (association of wapkans) them done go call themselves o.. lol *runs out of thread*
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 6:24pm On Nov 13, 2014
naijaxplorer:

I am not in the slightest way offended
infact I took it as a joke.
you gave your view of the website
and you spoke what you felt you shouldnt apologize for speaking your mind

Thanks
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by adewasco2k(m): 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
dhtml:

You have shown your ignorance to the public on frontpage. Are you sure you are talking about www.Nairaland.com that I designed and scripted?
You have just showed to the

No way, he ain't talking about http://Nairaland.com
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by CyracksMrBlogger(m): 6:44pm On Nov 13, 2014
Naijazoom:

cheesy grin you know very well I can do better than that bro...... Also I'm more of a programmer/Developer so I don't stress if you say I'm not a webmaster, I can code even heaven with wapka with my JavaScript/jQuery/CSS knowledge.... It won't take me 2hours to clone that Nairaland site but I just don't say wow to that type of design.... Also check this wapka sites with Pc when you're less busy Naijazoom.com, Hmtsoft.com and Guruswapaz.net my site Naijazoom had powerful features back in july but I removed em cos of adsense, I'm even working on a notification system on my site where you get notified if user comment or likes your post... I just stopped adding features because of adsense (needed a simple design). I'm going to switch to Sever Side (PHP) next year when I finish my Quest with PHP/MySql... But Naijazoom will remain on wapka... Till when they support Php in future.... I don't brag... My work will speak for me.... When I finish my PHP script... Nairaland is too simple bro maybe you can't do a design like that on your own.... Give me something harder to code... I've even looked it up on my Console and debugged it, no much Js library the owner just know how to design style sheets.. wink #Peace
does wapka host your site free? And can i design my wapka site with my phone? Nokia E5.
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by jidez007: 6:46pm On Nov 13, 2014
Wapka na shit, learning it wuld av been a waste of tym.

I don't why u will be arguing wit real web developers even wen wapka was built wit a programming language probably php.

I will go wit dhtml dat u guyz shuld av a separate board wapkamasters.

Java nd d popular ruby on rails on my mind.
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 7:04pm On Nov 13, 2014
damex98:
wapka is cool to start with I designed www.guruswapaz.net while I was still on wapka n now in php u can check www.gistvibes.com
bruh pls whats the code for facebook likes and likes the one i saw in yo site ... With also share on facebok
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 13, 2014
mackmanuel:

bruh pls whats the code for facebook likes and likes the one i saw in yo site ... With also share on facebok
Pm me please

and lastly before i sleep, the topic should really be renamed as weird world of wakpamaster!
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by directonpc(m): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
Talk is cheap plenty talks here
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by ClintonNzedimma(m): 8:48pm On Nov 13, 2014
dhtml18:

We want you guys to learn proper solid professional way of coding like jscript, Python, Php, asp.net, Ruby on Rails and all that. I know that wakpa is not bad, but it is highly limited really and not so easy to use for professional work. But you know what, I am doing an experimentation on wakpa and I shall publish the result on Nairaland.
i know....Khaynet told me
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 11:36pm On Nov 13, 2014
Wtf ever happened to the section. This is why I hardly ever come here. With over a decade experience in developing and programming. And building frameworks as powerful as joomla and drupal. Contributing in sourceforge and other top notch Web developers hub...Writing script that many developers, programmers and designers have relied on for years. Developing Api like the Nigerian stock exchange own, some wapka kid will come and say thrash to dhtml.

With great experience in programming, and popularizing and making others like my humble sef switch to Dhtml. Encouraging me to learn Ajax technology when the web in Nigeria was pretty much dust, someone will come and saying nonsense.

Can someone please call back yawatide, dhtml(real one), segsalerty, dualcore, quadrillion, lojik, pc guru, sisqology and our former moderator back then. This new kids and destroying the web industry. Back then it was competition and growth. Learning and exchange of ideas. That was what made me bearly 2years into the game able to mentor and build naijaloaded for a desperately thristy developer who wanted to change the face of the web(Mankind)

How can someone claim to be a programmer and yet does not use a platform or know a platform for server side programming. Are you mad

I take it as plain laziness or stupidity. This shit makes me no longer want to ever bother about the web industry or IT in general. No one wants to see lines of codes or debug anymore?

Damn I am out. Before some teenage wapka boy take on me and call me names!

Change is what we require...For the record Dhtml is still god of the web in Nigeria!!! At least I feel so

No body is bringing codes to debug here anymore. No body is strenching the limit of client side programming anymore. No body is talking about object oriented programming here. No reviews on sensible sites, no sharing of ebooks on programming and web development.

@Dhml. My advice is to ignore and give this guys space. If they want to remain stagnant and don't want to learn or improve let them be. Let those that want to learn and be better developers and programmers join the sail. Let the rest self destroy. Time always tell mediocrity from expertise

2 Likes

Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Agroinfotech: 12:41am On Nov 14, 2014
Donpuzo:
Wtf ever happened to the section. This is why I hardly ever come here. With over a decade experience in developing and programming. And building frameworks as powerful as joomla and drupal. Contributing in sourceforge and other top notch Web developers hub...Writing script that many developers, programmers and designers have relied on for years. Developing Api like the Nigerian stock exchange own, some wapka kid will come and say thrash to dhtml.

With great experience in programming, and popularizing and making others like my humble sef switch to Dhtml. Encouraging me to learn Ajax technology when the web in Nigeria was pretty much dust, someone will come and saying nonsense.

Can someone please call back yawatide, dhtml(real one), segsalerty, dualcore, quadrillion, lojik, pc guru, sisqology and our former moderator back then. This new kids and destroying the web industry. Back then it was competition and growth. Learning and exchange of ideas. That was what made me bearly 2years into the game able to mentor and build naijaloaded for a desperately thristy developer who wanted to change the face of the web(Mankind)

How can someone claim to be a programmer and yet does not use a platform or know a platform for server side programming. Are you mad

I take it as plain laziness or stupidity. This shit makes me no longer want to ever bother about the web industry or IT in general. No one wants to see lines of codes or debug anymore?

Change is what we require...For the record Dhtml is still god of the web in Nigeria!!! At least I feel so

No body is bringing codes to debug here anymore. No body is strenching the limit of client side programming anymore. No body is talking about object oriented programming here. No reviews on sensible sites, no sharing of ebooks on programming and web development.

@Dhml. My advice is to ignore and give this guys space. If they want to remain stagnant and don't want to learn or improve let them be. Let those that want to learn and be better developers and programmers join the sail. Let the rest self destroy. Time always tell mediocrity from expertise

GrandPa, abeg no vex. To be honest am hearing their Wapka for first time having spent almost 10years in this industry....kids indeed......those days of booking a cybercafe system down because of Ms Frontpage before Dreamweaver came to the rescue and using Corel Photopaint to create graphics before Macromedia Fireworks came....hmmm, Building websites was really fun back then.....#2003/04 no be joke thats 10years ago.

1 Like

Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 1:02am On Nov 14, 2014
Agroinfotech:

GrandPa, abeg no vex. To be honest am hearing their Wapka for first time having spent almost 10years in this industry....kids indeed......those days of booking a cybercafe system down because of Ms Frontpage before Dreamweaver came to the rescue and using Corel Photopaint to create graphics before Macromedia Fireworks came....hmmm, Building websites was really fun back then.....#2003/04 no be joke thats 10years ago.

You are blessed broda. I remember Macromedia Fireworks...Lovely software then. and Also the era of Ms frontpage. Never used it then cause I was told it created depricated tage. Same with Dreamweaver. Learnt using raw source codes. Html,Css Javascript...Then moved on the learn Ajax. And Php. Back then programming and building websites was fun. If you could build a login/signup system, a chat system, you felt good deep within you! Moved on then to build some applications for the web before another career path called me. So seeing this young boys basatadize the game to me is absurdity

1 Like

Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by jonaji(m): 1:25am On Nov 14, 2014
Naijazoom:

cheesy grin you know very well I can do better than that bro...... Also I'm more of a programmer/Developer so I don't stress if you say I'm not a webmaster, I can code even heaven with wapka with my JavaScript/jQuery/CSS knowledge.... It won't take me 2hours to clone that Nairaland site but I just don't say wow to that type of design.... Also check this wapka sites with Pc when you're less busy Naijazoom.com, Hmtsoft.com and Guruswapaz.net my site Naijazoom had powerful features back in july but I removed em cos of adsense, I'm even working on a notification system on my site where you get notified if user comment or likes your post... I just stopped adding features because of adsense (needed a simple design). I'm going to switch to Sever Side (PHP) next year when I finish my Quest with PHP/MySql... But Naijazoom will remain on wapka... Till when they support Php in future.... I don't brag... My work will speak for me.... When I finish my PHP script... Nairaland is too simple bro maybe you can't do a design like that on your own.... Give me something harder to code... I've even looked it up on my Console and debugged it, no much Js library the owner just know how to design style sheets.. wink #Peace
An aspiring developer........ Do help me get started please.........
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Aydesmond(m): 1:28am On Nov 14, 2014
to all wapka haters, check www.nairasocial.wapka.mobi and know wapka ain't shiiit
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by jonaji(m): 1:29am On Nov 14, 2014
Donpuzo:

An aspiring developer...... Do help me get started please ..........
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by jonaji(m): 1:31am On Nov 14, 2014
Codedboy95:
bla bla bla bla.. dropped wapka 2yrs back.. i will say it really helped me tho. i am now based on php, started learning python last week.. and i will say it has been fun smiley
An aspiring developer..... Do help me get started please !!!!!!
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by jonaji(m): 1:39am On Nov 14, 2014
Naijazoom:

Dhtml you are a fo0l, i had respect for you before thinking you even know a little, but you're very stupeed ahaha, your clouded reasoning has made me seen how unintelligent you are, if you don't start thinking like a webdeveloper you'll die with your ego... do you think i don't know what you know? i can even teach you things... i'm becoming popular and i'm earning enough with my adSense you're here talking trash who's hurt?, someone from Olx called me to give me a job to develop a forum website and i'm having plenty web projects, as far as wapka gives Html, JavaScript and Css i can do anything, now i see how retarded your reasonings are, you are not even a webdeveloper! Wapka is just like a notepad that you write html, css and javaScript codes, then the browser executes it. i can teach you if you want.. Thanks grin
Please teach me.......
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Xphantom(m): 1:55am On Nov 14, 2014
Khaynet:
one day you people yabbing wapka
especially you that called my site a dirty compound grin grin grin
will all look back and say
"and when he started I was yabbing him o"
but never worry I'll give you free advert spaces grin grin grin grin grin

Go php now before it's too late! The day wapka will crash! You'll realise php have backups, wapka don't! You can make amazing codings with wapka, you can't do all you desire with wapka as you've got Mr. Martin restrictions barring some activities. For your own good, if you intend on going big, go php!
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by oluwagream: 2:06am On Nov 14, 2014
Ok.

naijaxplorer:

Dats not nairaland dullard
if I wanted to clone nairaland I would have done better than that
I only took a clue from them.
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Lordmykel(m): 2:08am On Nov 14, 2014
dhtml:
I hate wapkamasters, always calling themselves webmasters. Seun should create a section called wakpamasters make we throway them put - as they are not fit to be called webmasters (and never will be).

if you check www.ToyGun.tk and www.naijaonpoint.tk you will definitely modify your post
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Ybholy(m): 6:00am On Nov 14, 2014
I cant just tell , Naijaxplorer, Thanks for bringing this by .

We do normally worry about trapping down our counterparts so as to over thrown them probably , in rank .

Come to think of adsense , though i have not been activated , i do click other peoples own .

Just happy stopping by ! Coming all the way from http://.com
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 7:35am On Nov 14, 2014
dhtml18:

We want you guys to learn proper solid professional way of coding like jscript, Python, Php, asp.net, Ruby on Rails and all that. I know that wakpa is not bad, but it is highly limited really and not so easy to use for professional work. But you know what, I am doing an experimentation on wakpa and I shall publish the result on Nairaland.
Yes is not so easy to to setup a proffesional job with wapka, but is possible.

I know you love us that's why you want us to learn further, but that does'nt mean you shud make those dudes loose hope. gringringrin
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 7:38am On Nov 14, 2014
CyracksMrBlogger:
does wapka host your site free? And can i design my wapka site with my phone? Nokia E5.
Lol that was before, but now if you want to design a cool and good site hosted on wapka, then use pc.
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by naijaxplorer: 7:41am On Nov 14, 2014
oluwagream:
Ok.

its a bit easier to clone nairaland you know
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 7:46am On Nov 14, 2014
jidez007:
Wapka na shit, learning it wuld av been a waste of tym.

I don't why u will be arguing wit real web developers even wen wapka was built wit a programming language probably php.

I will go wit dhtml dat u guyz shuld av a separate board wapkamasters.

Java nd d popular ruby on rails on my mind.
Lol the wapka you call shit, can be use to develop 50-70pc of what Php can develop and the guys are making their money with their cool adsense running on their web version, but yet you dey here they form real web developer.

Even arvixe good web hosting service do go down almost all the time, but you hardly suffer that on wapka, mehn chilax joor.

And note this pls, php no be everything joor, wapka was developed with perl, infact how am i even sure that you can even develop half of what wapka guys are developing.

Platform is not the main issue bros, but how much you make a month, i am still proud of the $1000 i made last month from adsense with wapka, i also ran a 1 week side bar ad for someone for 5k, so go sleep.

1 Like

Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 7:50am On Nov 14, 2014
ClintonNzedimma:

i know....Khaynet told me
wapka was highly limited before,but not now
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 7:54am On Nov 14, 2014
Donpuzo:

Pls tell that to guys using bloggers.

The wapkans are ok with waht they have, na money them they find
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 7:58am On Nov 14, 2014
Xphantom:

Go php now before it's too late! The day wapka will crash! You'll realise php have backups, wapka don't! You can make amazing codings with wapka, you can't do all you desire with wapka as you've got Mr. Martin restrictions barring some activities. For your own good, if you intend on going big, go php!
hello bros, as far as using wapka can'nt restrict me from making money, nah poo you dey chop
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Xphantom(m): 8:05am On Nov 14, 2014
pelij:
hello bros, as far as using wapka can'nt restrict me from making money, nah poo you dey chop

And as far as you don't really own 'your' site. You're chasing the wind.
Re: Weird World Of A Webmaster by Nobody: 8:13am On Nov 14, 2014
Xphantom:

And as far as you don't really own 'your' site. You're chasing the wind.
And as fars as blogger dont own their site, e.g linda, can you boldly tell me they are chasing the wind...? Man pheeeeew

dont worry if atall wapka we ban me from using their service, i will pull out my domain to maybe php...lol

wapka is just like using notepad incase you aint aware.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

How To Activate Airtel Night Plan, Get 250mb For N25 And 1.5gb For N150 / The Most Googled Products In Every Country Of The World / Top 10 Most Visited Websites In The World 2016 By Google

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.