Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,938 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

My Father Hates Me! - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Father Hates Me! (23013 Views)

My Father's Advice To Me When I Was Searching For A Wife... / How I Found My Father After 30yrs Through Nairaland / My Mother Hates Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Father Hates Me! by bercarray(m): 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2014
Re: My Father Hates Me! by plainmirror(m): 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2014
It's a pity charlie. To fight depression you have to engage in anyting/ activity that makes you happy.
Remember God loves you most
Re: My Father Hates Me! by TeGaTeGa1(m): 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2014

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Lexusgs430: 9:04pm On Nov 15, 2014
Since you have expressed all this to your Mum, can she not pay for an alternative accommodation for you ?
Suicide is not an option.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2014
v
Re: My Father Hates Me! by kbshow100(m): 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2014
Bros,, I beg before you commit suicide, take a selfie of you dying and post It on nairaland. I want to see ur dying face,, its Been long I saw a dying face. No offence
Re: My Father Hates Me! by chibwike(m): 9:05pm On Nov 15, 2014
Op..its well
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Sunnycliff(m): 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2014
Trust God and pray to him, He will c u thru
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 9:06pm On Nov 15, 2014
elwire:
i just don't know how to satisfy this man he divorced my mom when i was 4yrs am now 18 buh my dad hate me....in a family of six he shows all my brothers luv....he always want me to work for him whc i ill obey unlike my brothers....he slap me infront of his freinds insult me call me names i swear i jux dont know what to do to please him...

My step mum also hates me i once liv our house i went to my grandma my popsy followed and told her that am lying bla bla...i was sent back home...i stole his shaving stick and went for DNA test whc my friend helped me d result was positive he was my father...my mom is married in Egypt..she jux call me sometimes and told me dat u ve to bear with my father...he dont pay my fees my mom does....jux dis morning he hit me with a kettle because m playin with one of my niece telling me dat i wantu break her hand because she s not my kid....dam!!!

i jux feel like committing suicide i hate myslf am just depressed....please your advice is needed...m actually an active nairalander buh i created this account to hide my identity...!!

Cirmuell is this you? grin
Re: My Father Hates Me! by jhydebaba(m): 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2014
who else believe this story to be a farce? u stole ur father's shaving stick for DNA test at 18. pls, who paid for the test? abi d test na 2 naira?

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by kennedywax(m): 9:08pm On Nov 15, 2014
Bro though is hard,but what I cn say is dat u pray fervently,u ar a christian nor muslim is nt d point bt be prayerful,I bliv through ur prayer God will change him for your future....stay blessed.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Aitee1: 9:09pm On Nov 15, 2014
cry cry cry
Re: My Father Hates Me! by youngice(m): 9:09pm On Nov 15, 2014
waleyp:
Bro this is hard..... I wonder what happened when you were given birth.... Maybe you remind him of something back in the days,i dont know but am just saying... Just know that you cant commit suicide.. That would be worse.... Believe me all you ve to do is get yourself into a university.... That will enable you to be away from him for a while..... I think you ve a bright future and all these would be part of your story..... Just endure.
I will ask you a very important question
can u over power him physically

2 Likes

Re: My Father Hates Me! by jhydebaba(m): 9:09pm On Nov 15, 2014
emusmith:
v
TeGaTeGa1:
bercarray:
emusmith:
v
bercarray:

day don break joor.....Nairaland.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Missy89(f): 9:12pm On Nov 15, 2014
Move out and start living alone. tell you mom to arrange a place for u since he isn't even responsible for your fees and be a man of your own

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by chiibekee(f): 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
elwire:
i just don't know how to satisfy this man he divorced my mom when i was 4yrs am now 18 buh my dad hate me....in a family of six he shows all my brothers luv....he always want me to work for him whc i ill obey unlike my brothers....he slap me infront of his freinds insult me call me names i swear i jux dont know what to do to please him...

My step mum also hates me i once liv our house i went to my grandma my popsy followed and told her that am lying bla bla...i was sent back home...i stole his shaving stick and went for DNA test whc my friend helped me d result was positive he was my father...my mom is married in Egypt..she jux call me sometimes and told me dat u ve to bear with my father...he dont pay my fees my mom does....jux dis morning he hit me with a kettle because m playin with one of my niece telling me dat i wantu break her hand because she s not my kid....dam!!!

i jux feel like committing suicide i hate myslf am just depressed....please your advice is needed...m actually an active nairalander buh i created this account to hide my identity...!!
run away from him. Go to ur mum before he kills u. Thank u
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
elwire:
i just don't know how to satisfy this man he divorced my mom when i was 4yrs am now 18 buh my dad hate me...

Nwokem...bia...anomunso....now to the issue...

As I speak to you now...I want you to forget everything you have written and open your heart to my short but strong words.

It seems your father hates you...but deep down in him..he loves you.

He wants you to be perfect just as he wishes he was.

Yes, it's impossible to be perfect, but most men think they can groom their son to be perfect.

You will never know the worth/value of your father, until you lose him.

Open another thread and ask nairalanders who have lost their fathers...everyone has one stubborn story or the other..like yours.

But at the end...we all miss our dads.

Many times they are overbearing... Commanding... Overdemanding of our energy and time...

But the day you look back to help them, they are gone.

Many times we say "oh well when I make it in life I will send him money, buy him cars and stuff"

But most times..fathers don't live that long...mothers do

So don't say your father is too demanding and you are tired...this is the little you can give him.

Honour thy father and thy mother so that your days may be long (bible)

Obey your mother and your father no matter what, except when they tell you not to serve God (Quran/hadith)

Yes, you work so hard for him,
Yet he doesn't give you money,
He doesn't pay your fees.

But the hardship you endure today, you will look back to thank him.

As many have said... See this as a determination to succeed in life.

Don't join any cult, don't join any bad group..
Don't harm your father, don't kill yourself...

In few years to come...you ll be the shinning star in your home.

Goodluck
Re: My Father Hates Me! by LINKINPINKY: 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
Honey so sorry............d only tin U̶̲̥̅̊ Ave 2 do is 2 look 4ward 2 d feature........since dey Dnt care abt U̶̲̥̅̊.....U̶̲̥̅̊ can save money....and den go into any kind of buisness U̶̲̥̅̊ like or what ever u're »̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌G̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥ό̲̣̣̣̥ƌ̲̣̣̣·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ in.......go and work on urself... J̲̣̣̣U̶̲̥̅ ̊§τ̲̅ kip respecting dem
4get dey wnt allow U̶̲̥̅̊ out.....U̶̲̥̅̊ Ave 2 bear d pain... Till U̶̲̥̅̊ succeed in life .....das it ..... Sorry 4 d pain.....God will reward U̶̲̥̅̊ and d works of deir hand

Also U̶̲̥̅̊ nid 2 pray harder 2 God
Re: My Father Hates Me! by LINKINPINKY: 9:13pm On Nov 15, 2014
Honey so sorry............d only tin U̶̲̥̅̊ Ave 2 do is 2 look 4ward 2 d feature........since dey Dnt care abt U̶̲̥̅̊.....U̶̲̥̅̊ can save money....and den go into any kind of buisness U̶̲̥̅̊ like or what ever u're »̶·̵̭̌·̵̭̌G̲̣̣̣̥o̲̣̥ό̲̣̣̣̥ƌ̲̣̣̣·̵̭̌·̵̭̌«̶ in.......go and work on urself... J̲̣̣̣U̶̲̥̅ ̊§τ̲̅ kip respecting dem
4get dey wnt allow U̶̲̥̅̊ out.....U̶̲̥̅̊ Ave 2 bear d pain... Till U̶̲̥̅̊ succeed in life .....das it ..... Sorry 4 d pain.....God will reward U̶̲̥̅̊ and d works of deir hand
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Emilliw3m(m): 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2014
Re u sure he's ur "father"
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Gorgeous58(f): 9:14pm On Nov 15, 2014
You are now an adult. Move out of the house.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by olu4life(m): 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
Fake Story. Stopped readin when I got to the DNA test. Haba,u can lie o!!! undecided

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by dhsfbi(m): 9:15pm On Nov 15, 2014
elwire:

Bro, from what u just analyzed, is like your father doesn't give you any attention. My question is why are you still with him? disown him and arrange with your mom to get you some money and leave the house. But if you can't leave then you got to go crazy with him, i mean let him know you hate him, stop doing anything for him and live your life. Trust me craze fathers like that calm down when they suspect those things in children they hate.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 9:16pm On Nov 15, 2014
Sorry dear. I guess your step-mother also fuels his hatred for you since you said she doesn't like you too. Is there any way she supports you in the house, does she speak good of you to ur dad? Does she dwell on only your negative aspect? I am from a polygamous home, I know what I am saying.
The only thing he provides you is shelter, he doesn't even pay your school fees. I suggest you move to hostel without looking bck, your mom does everything for you, u have to tell her you r fed up of being a slave in your own father's house. Go to hostel and take a break, at least your mind will be at rest for a semester bfr u go bck home again.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
Are you actually listening to yourself? Can u go back and read what you just posted? U said its "rare" for parents to hate their own blood? Like what planet are you living in?? Cos your own parents love you does not mean its same with every child out there. And it has absolutely nothing to do with "stubbornness" as you put it.

Chiefpriest1:
Unfortunately, we might never get to hear ur dad's side of the story. It is rare to see parents HATE their own blood.

My young man, you should realise that because of ur age bracket and for the fact that many teenagers are usually rebellious at that stage,you might need to check yourself and see what you are doing wrong.

It is almost impossible for your father to 'hate' you if you really are not the stubborn type or the type that talks back at your father.

Forget what you watch on TV, this is africa where parents still hold the aces. You might need to examine yourself.

I am not trying to hold brief for your father, who probably still sees you as a kid, but my point is that if there are things you do

that make him angry, you might need to turn a new leaf.

Its easy for ur fellow teenagers here to take sides with you, however, i believe you will u understand when you become a father yourself.

In the case of your cousin, I guess he was angry you might injure him/her, especially if you like rough play.

But whatever it is, stay calm, keep your head up. Its only for a short time. Face ur studies, do well and you ll soon be enjoying your independence. Be good!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Vivly(f): 9:17pm On Nov 15, 2014
Op, it's not a rare thing. If your dad hates you, leave home while you can. From your opening post, it's obvious the man is violent and physically abusive... Go stay with your mum.
You're 18, you should be in school.... If you aren't, try applying to a school in a different state. Cuz I know this might take a toll on you psychologically and physically in years to come...
Re: My Father Hates Me! by ceeceeco: 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2014
Just kip believing dat all is gonna be fine someday. Suicide shouldn't be an option. Perhaps notin last 4eva, rememba u're gonna bury him someday.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Misogynist2014(m): 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2014
I honestly don't know what you want me to do.
Re: My Father Hates Me! by Superstar007(m): 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2014
Chiefpriest1:
Unfortunately, we might never get to hear ur dad's side of the story. It is rare to see parents HATE their own blood.

My young man, you should realise that because of ur age bracket and for the fact that many teenagers are usually rebellious at that stage,you might need to check yourself and see what you are doing wrong.

It is almost impossible for your father to 'hate' you if you really are not the stubborn type or the type that talks back at your father.

Forget what you watch on TV, this is africa where parents still hold the aces. You might need to examine yourself.

I am not trying to hold brief for your father, who probably still sees you as a kid, but my point is that if there are things you do that make him angry, you might need to turn a new leaf.

Its easy for ur fellow teenagers here to take sides with you, however, i believe you will u understand when you become a father yourself.

In the case of your cousin, I guess he was angry you might injure him/her, especially if you like rough play.

But whatever it is, stay calm, keep your head up. Its only for a short time. Face ur studies, do well and you ll soon be enjoying your independence. Be good!

I don't know why but this post just turned my stomach. It's obvious you didn't read the post, didn't you see the part where he said that he has done almost everything to please his dad yet his dad still treat him with disdain unlike his siblings to the extent that he had to do a DNA test to confirm whether he was living with his father. Please say what you know.

@post. The hatred most likely emanated because of his former marriage, so he vented it on you. I can imagine what you are going through. My advice is that you try to develop a tough skin and an "I don't care attitude". Try to overlook these things and see it as a morale booster to excel in life to prove him wrong. I also advice that you try to move to the hostel for your own sake and that of his cos you might get angry one day and do something terrible to him, it will also help build your self esteem and to reduce depression cos you won't always be around and this may help him understand your worth. I hope this helps bro. smiley

3 Likes

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Nov 15, 2014
I'll suggest that you run away, since your mother pays for everything.

1 Like

Re: My Father Hates Me! by Lilprincey(m): 9:19pm On Nov 15, 2014
With Prayers ur father go like u jez as bob marley bin like reggae..
Re: My Father Hates Me! by delishpot: 9:20pm On Nov 15, 2014
My brother, believe me, I have been there. My mom had a bit of a rough time and she spent her anger on us the kids. I even believed she wasnt our mom. What with the way she treated us. She beat us like snakes, stab my bros with a knife in his hand, threw a machete at my big bross and beat my kid sis for taking her 10kobo. My childhood days were filled with fear and tears. It was sad. I wrote a book at 10yrs old, about how she wasnt my mom, how she was wicked to us etc. I became close to my mom again at the age of 27. So ask me how I cope.
I was bitter at first, I was angry, depressed, succidal and withdrawn. One day I said to myself, this woman has lived her life, she is still living her life. If I end mine on her acct, she will go on, she may not even notice my absence so, what will be my gain. I then went into self preservation mode, I faced my school, and decided that I must work hard to avoid her taunts and cutting remarks, I avoid anything that will bring confronration with her, even at a time I stopped gisting with her. I talk with her only when she asks me to do something or she asks a question. After a while, she went to my Dad and told him she doesnt know why I dont like her sad .
Well, we went on like that until dad died I was 27 then. I decided that I dont care about the past, I will love her no mater what, I will show her care and attention, and that was how we became close again. Inshort when we became close, she could do no wrong by me. If she slap you, its your fault, if you slap her its your fault too. I knew that life was too short to be angry and who knows she or I may just pass away without living life as it ought to be.
She died 5 years later and I am still sad. I will never stop loving her.
So my dear poster, you have to live for you. If you get depressed, and kill yourself, life will go on, its you that will rotten in the ground. Your dad will even marry 10 more wives after you are gone.
So please hold out,be grateful you are not an invalid, you are not a mumu, so oneday you will grow up and leave the house and be your own boss. Work towards that day, and even though from time to time you will wish that you and dad had a great time in the past, remember its not your fault he is the way he is, hope that oneday you will be able to talk things over with him . Who knows, you guys may be best buddies in future. Why kill your future just because today is not sweet?

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

What Are The Effects Of A Married Cheating Edo Woman On The Husband / My Husband Is A Kleptomaniac, LASTMA Official Tells Court / My Husband Wants Divorce And Custody Of Our Child He Never Catered For!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.