Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,605 members, 7,816,505 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers (38830 Views)

Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers / Fayose Presents N80.774bn Budget To Seven PDP Lawmakers / Gov. Nyako Impeached By Adamawa Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by alakaloko(m): 12:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
[quote author=emperorlog post=28090372]Reports reaching us from Ado Ekiti in Ekiti state says speaker of the House of Assembly Hon Omirin Adewale is to be impeached by the 7 PDP members of the house of assembly. It will be recalled that the 7 lawmakers decamped to PDP after the inauguration of Gov Ayodele Fayose leaving APC with 19 members. Heavy presence of security men at the assembly complex. More details later

The headline is subjective.....
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by coolvitus(m): 12:21pm On Nov 17, 2014
Toh
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by mogentle(m): 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
But why is this on FP? The news reads ''is to be impeached''.
This is a punishable offense for the Moderator.
Putting unconfirmed report on FP since 1800BC. Nairaland FP for sale.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by nigerianvenom(m): 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
APC will always be a toddler where PDP exist.
APC and their evil machines will be wipe away from south west and it begins in ekiti state.
next is lagos

1 Like

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by sagbar(m): 12:22pm On Nov 17, 2014
I thought they said that they are hungry in the past four years?They have been feed with Rice from a well known thug and as a result must be ready to bear the consequence of stomach infrastructure...u don't collect anything from the devil and expect not to pay back in multiples!
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by abbccc(m): 12:23pm On Nov 17, 2014
Am not supporting neither of PDP or APC...But this is impunity anf lawlessness at its peak...How can only 9 lawmakers who doeant form the needed two-third majority, impeach the speaker....

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by stabillo(m): 12:25pm On Nov 17, 2014
Good News, how I wish he can be impeached from the house...

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by deletrue: 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
dridowu:
It is very possible to impeach since minority supercede majority e.g River crisis and NGF. Anyway Fayemi brings the crisis upon the entire APC in Ekiti state. I find it difficult how a sitting governor cannot win a local government but loses everything to pdp. Smdh 4 fayemi
haha, sitting governor ke. No be propaganda apc sabi? Just wait for February, 2015, you know the real substance that has made up apc. On fabrication of unfounded issues. In fact, Apc is a fabrication workshop.

1 Like

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by onatisi(m): 12:26pm On Nov 17, 2014
hazyfm:
[size=18pt]7 VERSUS 19[/size]

FAYOSE IS INVITING TROUBLE FOR HIMSELF

don't tell me you believe this dumb story. How can 7 members out of 26 impeach the speaker? The heading is wrong and I think seun and the mods needs to start hammering people that bring false reports here with heavy bans .
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by experimentist: 12:27pm On Nov 17, 2014
Dis one na demonstration of craze na! Crazy people everywhere!
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by Arysexy(m): 12:27pm On Nov 17, 2014
cbrass:
i thought they said this guys are the most educated,

so 7>19 shocked

common primary 2 pupil no this is not possible cry

why is pdp always having issues with mathematics nw

APC is actually having issue.

+7 > -19 if u actually did linearity

1 Like

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by Nobody: 12:28pm On Nov 17, 2014
mogentle:
But why is this on FP? The news reads ''is to be impeached''.
This is a punishable offense for the Moderator.
Putting unconfirmed report on FP since 1800BC. Nairaland FP for sale.
Seun moved the thread to FP. He can't tell me he didn't see the title of the topic before moving it.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by mogentle(m): 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
Check the complete news: This is purely trouble-inviting.....

by SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK Nov 17, 2014

Seven members of Ekiti State House of Assembly backed by well armed policemen today impeached the speaker of the state house of Assembly, Adewale Omirin.

The seven persons were shepherded into the state assembly complex by Bayelsa born Mobile Police Commander, Selenkere Michael, to carry out an illegal act.

The police prevented 19 others including the substantive speaker from entering the assembly complex earlier today. one Olugbemi, was purportedly “elected” by the seven-man house as speaker.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by onatisi(m): 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
abbccc:
Am not supporting neither of PDP and APC...But this is impunity anf lawlessness at its peak...How can only 9 lawmakers who doeant form the needed two-third majority, impeach the speaker....
bros it is clearly written in the article “to be impeached” is not the same as “has been impeached”.the op of this thread is just trying to stir up trouble and with the rate at which these people are bringing false stories here I just pray they don't create problems for the forum in the long run.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by ademega(m): 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
When i heard fayose saying he has changed during his camping , i told people that it will be easier for me to run past my granma in a race for fayose to be a changed man . Ekiti people has not seen anything yet . Some of them will still run away

1 Like

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by deletrue: 12:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
dridowu:
It is very possible to impeach since minority supercede majority e.g River crisis and NGF. Anyway Fayemi brings the crisis upon the entire APC in Ekiti state. I find it difficult how a sitting governor cannot win a local government but loses everything to pdp. Smdh 4 fayemi
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by mogentle(m): 12:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
mogentle:
Check the complete news: This is purely trouble-inviting.....

by SAHARAREPORTERS, NEW YORK Nov 17, 2014

Seven members of Ekiti State House of Assembly backed by well armed policemen today impeached the speaker of the state house of Assembly, Adewale Omirin.

The seven persons were shepherded into the state assembly complex by Bayelsa born Mobile Police Commander, Selenkere Michael, to carry out an illegal act.

The police prevented 19 others including the substantive speaker from entering the assembly complex earlier today. one Olugbemi, was purportedly “elected” by the seven-man house as speaker.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by zubby29(m): 12:34pm On Nov 17, 2014
hahaha,fayose makes d impossible possible.d way dis politifcians r running dis so called democracy dey should pray d military dosnt suddenly wake-up from der sleep

1 Like

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by etenyong(m): 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
This is a welcome development. Am not surprise
cos it had happened before in this our dear
country.
But my questions are
where is the constitution,
where is the judiciary when they are needed to
interpret the law.
The drama of 16 > 19 is still fresh in our memory,
and this is the drama of 7 > 19, so any thing can
happen in our beloved country.
Anyway am proud to be a nigerian.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by Nobody: 12:35pm On Nov 17, 2014
modestdude:
The last timei checked, Ekiti has 16 LGAs. How come they have 26 assembly members? If 7 is with the PDP, then 9 and not 19 is with APC. Please I stand to be corrected if am wrong.

Well, I'd educate you, cos that's why we are here. For the purpose of the House constituencies, Ekiti has 26. That's because some local governments are large, reason being that they're a fusion of close to 12 communities in some. Because of this, some local governments have 2 constituencies. I hope you get it now?
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by fireforfire: 12:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
Toyozzie:
good news!!!!

Photos from the white wedding of Olu of Warri's son to billionaire daughter cheesy cheesy
http:///mTGMn

wrong thread
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by gabicon: 12:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
Fayose is back. Because the executive controls the beacon the legislation dances to their tune, until the legislation understand the powers they have they will continue to languish in executive slavery. It can only happen in Nigeria/Africa where rascals are entrusted with power and they turn the whole place to a jamboree.

1 Like

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by focus7: 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
arabbunkum:
Nigerians and indeed, Africans are funny. Is this their own version of democracy? It's pathetic that 7 is greater than 19 in Nigeria's political arithmetic.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by fireforfire: 12:39pm On Nov 17, 2014
The book of Ekiti, chapter 7 vs 19 says....... divided we remain
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by shogat(m): 12:40pm On Nov 17, 2014
saharareporters solely own by APC...and even the OP title is misleading but dont know ur purpose.maybe is to tarnish d image of fayose
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by dridowu: 12:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
deletrue:
haha, sitting governor ke. No be propaganda apc sabi? Just wait for February, 2015, you know the real substance that has made up apc. On fabrication of unfounded issues. In fact, Apc is a fabrication workshop.
guy don't fool urself, pple like Fayemi is too gentle 4 9ja politics that is what Fayose capitalise on. If APC is based on propanganda while don't PDP win Osun then ? Aregbesola marched PDP money 4 money, campaign to campaign and thugs to thugs. The only two states am afraid PDP may take over in SW is Ogun and Oyo which have deep crisis rocking APC in both, but any other state control by APC will be retain back by APC.

1 Like

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by Sanguine77(m): 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
How can 7 legislators impeach the speaker when there are 26 members in the house. The era of impunity, irresponsibility and disregard for the rule of law is here again. The is what Ekiti state will get for electing a thug abi former thug as governor. Stomach infrastructural politics is working.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by phapi(m): 12:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
Let the frustration start APC has bitten more than they can chew,A pdp govt can not b sabotage in d middle by an APC speaker never will that happne as long as PDP controls and pay their and his*speaker* salary

I commend this great democratic movement of the true loyal lawmakers of Ekiti

For lagos them*APC* nofit allow PDP even b d chief Whip talk less of leader of the house

#TeamPDP
#TeamWewantPDPSpeaker
#GodHelpEKitiState

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by ademega(m): 12:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
The funniest thing now , some bastards will be jubilating and congratulating the political thieves that perform the abracadabra in the house
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by Emmalot121(m): 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
K
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by eleko1: 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
angry angry angry sad sad sadCan River state House of assembly redeploy Hon CHIDI Lloyd to Ekiti Asap,they need his service there. sad sad sadFayose is a thug,always a thug sad sad sad sad7 ge 26? Nkan nbe.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by ozoigbondu: 12:45pm On Nov 17, 2014
Like seriously shocked PDP the party of magicians cheesy cheesy

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Arase Issues Final Warning To Pro-Biafra Prostesters / Buhari's Presidency - Two Months Of Indisputable Success / Buhari Reduces Federal Ministries To 25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.