Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:28 AM

Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers (38823 Views)

Ekiti Assembly Sits, Suspends Seven PDP Lawmakers / Fayose Presents N80.774bn Budget To Seven PDP Lawmakers / Gov. Nyako Impeached By Adamawa Assembly (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by raumdeuter: 3:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

Wrong EFCC is independent of the government, just like INEC is independent of the government

Get your facts right !

How come no previous AD, ACN governor has never had a case to answer with the EFCC whereas almost all PDP ex governors in the SW have an EFCC case to answer
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by raumdeuter: 3:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

How can an APC member be a speaker at the upper house ?

Tambuwal comes to mind

Then let the majority of the Reps impeach Tambuwal. Isnt that the way democracy works?

If the majority of reps decide they want an opposition member as their speaker then what should we do about it?
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by aljharem(m): 3:36pm On Nov 17, 2014
raumdeuter:

Then let the majority of the Reps impeach Tambuwal. Isnt that the way democracy works?

If the majority of reps decide they want an opposition member as their speaker then what should we do about it?

Exactly, let these majority impeach this one as well
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by aljharem(m): 3:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
raumdeuter:

How come no previous AD, ACN governor has never had a case to answer with the EFCC whereas almost all PDP ex governors in the SW have an EFCC case to answer

Because they scream too much. Watch how things are going before making conclusions
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by gen2briz(m): 3:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
chukwudi44:
congratulations to the new speaker.APC can go to court!! Afterall Tambuwal also decamped and wants to remain speaker contrary to section 68 1(g) of the constituton
I beg na wetin the section say oooo
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by aljharem(m): 3:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
chukwudi44:
congratulations to the new speaker.APC can go to court!! Afterall Tambuwal also decamped and wants to remain speaker contrary to section 68 1(g) of the constituton

Gbammm

2 Likes

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by raumdeuter: 3:41pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

Exactly, let these majority impeach this one as well

And How is 7 a majority over 19? I am assuming you have elementary knowledge of numbers
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by raumdeuter: 3:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

Because they scream too much. Watch how things are going before making conclusions

Its their screaming thats making EFCC not to prosecute anyone of them even though we have almost 8 ex AD/ACN governors in the SW

Akande, Adefarati, Adebayo, Adesina, Osoba, Tinubu none of them have ever had any issue with EFCC
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by aljharem(m): 3:44pm On Nov 17, 2014
raumdeuter:

And How is 7 a majority over 19? I am assuming you have elementary knowledge of numbers
Oh apologise, I forgot to update you. Ekiti has a new speaker now so tell your 19 speakers to impeach him na.

Abeg no waste people's time here.

Until a minority party in the upper house is removed as speaker then you have no mouth to complain.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by aljharem(m): 3:46pm On Nov 17, 2014
raumdeuter:

Its their screaming thats making EFCC not to prosecute anyone of them even though we have almost 8 ex AD/ACN governors in the SW

Akande, Adefarati, Adebayo, Adesina, Osoba, Tinubu none of them have ever had any issue with EFCC

Oga, Osoba is no longer APigCshit so remove him. BTW I know Osoba personally.

Now next ?

1 Like

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by raumdeuter: 3:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

Oga, Osoba is no longer APigCshit so remove him. BTW I know Osoba personally.

Now next ?

Osoba was an ex AD governor. Its been 11yrs after he left power and no EFCC has a case against him.

And you knowing Osoba personally, how does that add anything to your argument?

I'm always amazed by PDP lack of logic
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by wisdom43(m): 3:48pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:
God bless fayose. Our able governor

#pushrascalsoutofsw

You are part of those thieves, you have collected a bag of rice.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by aljharem(m): 3:50pm On Nov 17, 2014
wisdom43:

You are part of those thieves, you have collected a bag of rice.

Yes the one Fayemi gave me

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by aljharem(m): 3:51pm On Nov 17, 2014
raumdeuter:

Osoba was an ex AD governor. Its been 11yrs after he left power and no EFCC has a case against him.

And you knowing Osoba personally, how does that add anything to your argument?

I'm always amazed by PDP lack of logic

You keep twisting and turning. When I say I know Osoba personally it means I can vouch for his good character.

It has nothing to do with party.

Now Ikuforiji case nko ? Is he not your speaker ?
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by anonimi: 3:56pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

Yes the one Fayemi gave me

Apart from the cooked one, Fayemi also distributed the raw one in bags =>

Bloody HYPOCRITES!!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by raumdeuter: 3:58pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

You keep twisting and turning. When I say I know Osoba personally it means I can vouch for his good character.

It has nothing to do with party.

Now Ikuforiji case nko ? Is he not your speaker ?

Is Ikuforiji a governor or was he ever a governor at any point in time?.

So you can vouch for an ex AD/ACN governor yet no one not even EFCC can vouch for those useless ex PDP governors we had in the SW
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by aljharem(m): 4:08pm On Nov 17, 2014
raumdeuter:

Is Ikuforiji a governor or was he ever a governor at any point in time?.

So you can vouch for an ex AD/ACN governor yet no one not even EFCC can vouch for those useless ex PDP governors we had in the SW

Can you read my previous post ? I was APC before until my eyes cleared up to see the lies and deceit APC has been feeding me with.

Don't worry in the SW now it is 2 PDP governor and 4 APC governor. More to be useless according to you but they are a blessing to us the masses.

A man's meat is another man's poison. We good God fearing Nigeria like them like that !

1 Like

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by Goff: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
I could remember in 2010 when Fayemi was
salamically sworn in as the Governor of Ekiti state,
the Assembly then comprises of 13 PDP and 13 APC
members which a PDP member was the speaker and
there was democratically elected
chairmen and councilors in all the 16 local councils.
After chasing away the elected chairmen with thugs
that lead to the killing of a PDP chairman in moba
local government and they even slaughtered a
pregnant woman while
the 13 PDP assembly members were in Abuja the
13 APC members without the speaker confirms the
caretaker committee.
It has happened before
and it is happening now and what goes around
comes around!

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by truthnaija: 4:10pm On Nov 17, 2014
[quote author=aljharem post=28097040]

This was on out reach program in 2013 ,mind you .
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by Goff: 4:13pm On Nov 17, 2014
Ekiti: No Speaker was impeached

Our attention has been drawn to the news aired by the AIT that the Ekiti State Speaker has been impeached by 7 members.
Well, I am not suppose to respond to the lies aired by the AIT purposely to misinformed members of the public because the legislature is another arm of government and whatever they do in their chamber is their business and the executive arm has nothing to do with that.
If they remove their leaders and appoint new ones, that is their business.
However, to educate the public, no speaker was removed.
Ten members of the House sat today to approve the commissioner nominees, Special Advisers and the Local Government Caretaker Committees for the 16 local government councils.
There are 26 members in the House and the House standing order allows a quorum of 9 members to sit and appoint speaker plenipotentiary to preside.
So, what transpired in the House is within the law.
APC are only being hypocritical.
APC-controlled state of Edo, we all know what is happening there.
For over a year now, the state governor has prevented the lawmakers from sitting.
He said he was going to renovate the Assembly Complex and PDP lawmakers have been meeting in the dilapidated complex, while APC lawmakers are meeting at the Government House.
Also another APC state of Rivers, the judiciary has been shut down for over a year too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by phemmyjohnson: 4:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by lastmanstandn(m): 4:27pm On Nov 17, 2014
modestdude:
The last timei checked, Ekiti has 16 LGAs. How come they have 26 assembly members? If 7 is with the PDP, then 9 and not 19 is with APC. Please I stand to be corrected if am wrong.

Oga Ade. You're wrong. EKHA has 26 members.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by raumdeuter: 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
aljharem:

Can you read my previous post ? I was APC before until my eyes cleared up to see the lies and deceit APC has been feeding me with.

Don't worry in the SW now it is 2 PDP governor and 4 APC governor. More to be useless according to you but they are a blessing to us the masses.

A man's meat is another man's poison. We good God fearing Nigeria like them like that !

WHat were you not before?

You were Hausa before, Kanuri before, Anambra man before, Ijaw man before

So what you were before does not hold any water anywhere because by the end of next yr you could have metamorphosed into 5 more things
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by olajide8(m): 4:29pm On Nov 17, 2014
Whether you like it or not I take positions with Barrack Obama-
Shekena!!!!!

Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by praisecity(m): 4:31pm On Nov 17, 2014
emperorlog:
Reports reaching us from Ado Ekiti in Ekiti state says speaker of the House of Assembly Hon Omirin Adewale is to be impeached by the 7 PDP members of the house of assembly. It will be recalled that the 7 lawmakers decamped to PDP after the inauguration of Gov Ayodele Fayose leaving APC with 19 members. Heavy presence of security men at the assembly complex. More details later

http://saharareporters.com/2014/11/17/seven-members-ekiti-assembly-backed-police-impeach-speaker

Ekiti: No Speaker was impeached
Our attention has been drawn to the news aired by the
AIT that the Ekiti State Speaker has been impeached by
7 members.
Well, I am not suppose to respond to the lies aired by
the AIT purposely to misinformed members of the
public because the legislature is another arm of
government and whatever they do in their chamber is
their business and the executive arm has nothing to do
with that.
If they remove their leaders and appoint new ones, that
is their business.
However, to educate the public, no speaker was
removed.
Nine members of the House sat today to approve the
commissioner nominees, Special Advisers and the
Local Government Caretaker Committees for the 16
local government councils.
There are 26 members in the House and the House
standing order allows a quorum of 9 members to sit
and appoint speaker plenipotentiary to preside.
So, what transpired in the House is within the law.
APC are only being hypocritical.
APC-controlled state of Edo, we all know what is
happening there.
For over a year now, the state governor has prevented
the lawmakers from sitting.
He said he was going to renovate the Assembly
Complex and PDP lawmakers have been meeting in the
dilapidated complex, while APC lawmakers are meeting
at the Government House.
Also another APC state of Rivers, the judiciary has been
shut down for over a year too.
Idowu Adelusi
CPS to the Governor
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by linsa01(m): 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
The speaker was not impeached. Propaganda
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by phemmyjohnson: 4:32pm On Nov 17, 2014
Una no dey hear??
The speaker has not been impeached...
They only approved commissioners..

www.nairaland.com/2001776/breaking-ekiti-lawmakers-did-not
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by Johnnyessence(m): 4:37pm On Nov 17, 2014
A few weeks after his fuel station was shut down by
the Ekiti govt, the Speaker of the state House of
Assembly, Adewale Omirin, has been impeached.
7 PDP members of the Ekiti State House of
Assembly sat this morning to impeach him in his
absense and replaced him with another member.
According to reports, the police prevented the
Speaker and 19 other senators from entering the
assembly complex as the impeachment proceedings
was going on. www.dailynigeriainfo.com/ekiti-assembly-speaker-impeached/
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by aljharem(m): 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
raumdeuter:

WHat were you not before?

You were Hausa before, Kanuri before, Anambra man before, Ijaw man before

So what you were before does not hold any water anywhere because by the end of next yr you could have metamorphosed into 5 more things

Oh so you know me. grin grin grin grin Nice meeting you too.

Please tell your Jagaban that he has lost Ogun, Oyo and Lagos smiley
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by truthnaija: 4:38pm On Nov 17, 2014
what i have notice so far is most Nigerians don't search for truth. they just come and re-echo what some one else said.
if the APC GOv are guilty they should be charged.
the present gov as been going about shouting this and that . can any one amongst you check this site .this is the tur statues of the debt of ekiti state as at 14 june 2014.pls note that immediately after the election ekiti funds were blocked .
http://www.dmo.gov.ng/. this is the only site mandated with the correct figures.

but funny enough . they just removed ekiti on the list . but i have a previous copy of the debt profile from their site for eliti as of june 2013.it is no where near what is been claimed.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by Johnnyessence(m): 4:42pm On Nov 17, 2014
this is very bad in Democratic setting how could 7 men impeach speaker of d rep they even barred d speaker from not entering d house of assembly. this is very bad fayose must be impeach.
Re: Speaker Of Ekiti State House Of Assembly Impeached By Seven PDP Lawmakers by aljharem(m): 4:43pm On Nov 17, 2014
Johnnyessence:
this is very bad in Democratic setting how could 7 men impeach speaker of d rep they even barred d speaker from not entering d house of assembly. this is very bad fayose must be impeach.

The dog is back to bark grin grin grin grin grin grin

How Jagaban has paid your 200,000 Naira this month

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Diezani: Sanusi Wanted To Be Afdb President But Jonathan’s Men Frustrated Him / #EndSARS Rally Marred By Low Turn Out (Photos) / First Day Of Sitting Of The Senate Of The 8th NASS (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.