Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,681 members, 7,827,521 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:02 PM

Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship (41635 Views)

Picture Of Police Holding Handbag For Sokoto State First Lady / INEC Declares Tambuwal Winner Of Sokoto Governorship Poll / Breaking: Tambuwal Picks Sokoto Governorship Form (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by camelus: 11:55am On Nov 18, 2014
donphilopus:

Bros, being a Speaker or number 4th Citizen is just a mere title. He would still be loyal to the Governor of his state because he controls only a Constituency, while the Governor controls the whole State. If not that some Speakers are just too corrupt, they shouldn't be anywhere near the Governors when it comes to money.
Are u saying that Tambuwal is not a Saint ?

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by debulle: 11:58am On Nov 18, 2014
Beazy:

www.leadership.ng/news/390783/tambuwal-finally-settles-sokoto-governorship
Sokwato State(the seat of caliphate)belongs to Shagari and PDP.mark my words Younger Shagari (former minister and Dpty Governor) is winninig Sokoto for PDP.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by PenSniper: 12:01pm On Nov 18, 2014
BetaThings:

And what do you say about Pius Anyim
From No 3 (Senate President) to Secretary FG
What number is that?

No number but you know his tribe would plunge to any level for money so his is understandable.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by adekojeku(m): 12:05pm On Nov 18, 2014
i love APC. love Baba tinubu. love Obj. love tambuwal.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by 1stdammy: 12:09pm On Nov 18, 2014
donphilopus:

Bros, being a Speaker or number 4th Citizen is just a mere title. He would still be loyal to the Governor of his state because he controls only a Constituency, while the Governor controls the whole State. If not that some Speakers are just too corrupt, they shouldn't be anywhere near the Governors when it comes to money.
In short and in summary: he's going there to control MONEY which he was unable to control well enough while he was the speaker
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by econity(m): 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
bestman09:

From being the 4th citizen to a mere governor of a mere sakwoto state.

I laugh in Arabic.

Maybe Atiku should also be persuaded to contest for the governorship of Adamawa state or Fashola should contest for the chairmanship of Ojo local government
I am nominating you for the post of Jonathan's family head since in your opinion he can't be the head of Nigeria and later come to be the head of something lower which is his family.
it's your type that will say they are bigger than councilorship post, but your councillors is a primary school drop out.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by donphilopus: 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
1stdammy:
In short and in summary: he's going there to control MONEY which he was unable to control well enough while he was the speaker

However you wanna interpret my statement!
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by yousee(m): 12:12pm On Nov 18, 2014
wordcat:
Political Scientists in the house, pls explain this move to us; Is Mr. Speaker moving forward or backward?
Mr Speaker is moving houseward
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by greggng: 12:17pm On Nov 18, 2014
Tambuwa has been very frank with his ambition. First he joined the apc due to the crises in pdp and political development in his state. Secondly he was approached by those who think he is the best guy to man the office of the presidency come 2015. He told them clearly that he will look into their request and consult widely. The result of the consultation is that charity begins at home. He wanna first lead his state before becoming the president of nigeria. I want all those critisizing him to look at the inteligent way he is handling his political affairs. Finally he withdrew a case against those that removed his security cos the nigerian people re ready to offer him free of charge the security he needed and more importantly God is on his side. I love this young man

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by major466(m): 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
wordcat:
Political Scientists in the house, pls explain this move to us; Is Mr. Speaker moving forward or backward?
He's moving backwards. Why will a number 4 citizen decamp and lose his Speakership position to contest for a mere governor of a state? There's no guarantee that he will even win the governorship race in Sokoto. If he loses, his political career will be over just like Ghali Umar Na'aba.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by econity(m): 12:18pm On Nov 18, 2014
sweetTyler4real:
May be Buhari should Contest for Governorship
Election!!!

While Tinubu should should go for Ojuwelebga chiarmansship

Hahahahhahah

Jst laughing at APC

Bounch of failures
maybe you should sponsor Jonathan to become the next UN Secretary General since there is no reason coming out of the number one citizen.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by arsetalks(m): 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
Franzeez:
APC don't even know what they want; less than 3 months to election and all this paparazzi is bluffing... Ok
are you pained because they are playing their cards to their chest?

Don't play poker with APC you won't win.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Anglovel: 12:31pm On Nov 18, 2014
okazuu:
he knows no one can win the able president Goodluck Jonathan
GEJ till 2019
He still has mighty SHAGARI to face in Sokoto,after his Defeat,he will never be a pretender/Traitor again......Check out how all d Past Speakers Political Career is after vacating dat Seat....he is a Learner
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by atinukedam(f): 12:32pm On Nov 18, 2014
[quote author=derecho post=28114688]Bros how you know sef.All these politicians are the same.
See what Buhari said in 2011 after he lost

Buhari asked Tinubu “to stop hiding under false excuses after striking deal with President Jonathan. Tinubu should leave me alone. He has made deal with President Jonathan and delivered. He even lost in his ward to PDP” in a contest he said should have given birth to new Nigeria”.

Buhari described the alleged deal between President Jonathan and Tinubu as a typical replica of what Alliance for Democracy (AD) leaders did in 2003 when the South West “was sold to former President Olusegun Obasanjo. The South West leaders are chipping the blame on Late Chief Abraham Adesanya who cannot respond in his grave.

“I can act authoritatively that he sealed the deal with President Jonathan, after which he called a meeting of controlling leaders of the ACN to make them buy into the deal Tinubu struck with President Jonathan,” Buhari said.

However, Buhari commended Osun State Governor Rauf Aregbesola for rejecting Tinubu’s proposition that the South Western progressives should mobilise for President Jonathan in the presidential election alone.
http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/buhari-how-tinubu-gave-s

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by oskaaay(m): 12:34pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nigerian a watch..2015 is soonest....let all the done well!

Have you heard...That what Jesus Christ Saves!

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Ambassadors: 12:36pm On Nov 18, 2014
Nice move Tambuwal ride on
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by major466(m): 12:41pm On Nov 18, 2014
babyosisi:
I don't see APC smelling the presidency
They are very disorganized and immature
You can say that again. cheesy
That's Agberos for you. grin
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Abraham2013(m): 12:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
Its a pity tambuwa has been ill Advised, He should hav learnt a tin or two 4rm bankole. Dis is b/cos I strongly believe shagari will defeat him even in his ward.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by royalblood21: 1:11pm On Nov 18, 2014
Buchianom:
I wish him well.

One thing is very certain.... He will decamp to PDP after all this macabre dance.

U still want dis BIG FISH back. In PDP... llol... sorry Mr Joseph (dreamer) I guess u are still sleep on d bike..while trailer is coming at ur back.... RIP to u sir

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by leofab(f): 1:43pm On Nov 18, 2014
Ajascolove:

We think alike. Can they even compare the allocation and resources of a state with that of speakership position?
na governor get state allocation? See your yeye mind set; being a cashier in bank is more lucrative than being a manager abi?
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by philips70(m): 1:48pm On Nov 18, 2014
Akpan107:
Buhari will be more easier to defeat.
It happened in 2003
and is about to happen in less than 3 Months again.

In a free and fair contest Jonathan, OBJ and late Yar'Adua cannot floor Buhari even with his meagre resources. That is the kind of cult followership he has on account of reasonable people who forever believe he has what it takes to clear the Augean Stable. If at all you know what that means.

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by lekkie073(m): 1:51pm On Nov 18, 2014
arsetalks:
are you pained because they are playing their cards to their chest?

Don't play poker with APC you won't win.
Sir, I sent u a SMS earlier today but am yet to hear from u.
pls respond.....
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 18, 2014
pendy79:

Is it not funny the way you people reason, Fayemi stole that much as you said yet he did not deem it fit to run away knowing the opposition has taken over in his state? He didn't remain in recluse but attends party functions and rallies yet he stole or inflate contracts? A month after leaving office Fayose has not seen anything to rope him and hand him over to the EFCC hmmm so much for common sense.

Tinubu is collecting tolls where again? Lagos okay tot you will say Akwa, Umuahia or owerri. I would assume with the federal government in charge of all military and prosecution agencies he should have been brought to justice. What are they waiting for if there is anything criminal in his dealings.

Have the likes of Orji Kalu, Nnamani, Sam Egwu, Ohakim, Udenwa finish their cases in court dince they left governance? Nnamani was in court last month begging to have his passport returned so.he can travel.to seek medical treatment.

Tinubu a governor when those rogues who were in power in your eastern states has a private jet, he goes in and out of the country anytime he likes. He does not have any case nor is he under any investigation. Can you say same of the governors who ruled under the PDP?

No AD or AC ex governor was charged for corruption yet 80% of all ex PDP governors are facing charges of embezzlement while in office. Use your heads at times.

You are the only one that doesn't think EFCC is a joke?
Unbelievable.
I have a goose that lays a golden egg to sell to you

Gani Fawehinmi fought to get Tifnubu,(a cocaine dealer turned governor with Toronto degrees and fake birthday and name ) prosecuted and also brought brought to light his drug cartel in the USA
He is now an asiwaju ,go figure

Did we not just witness the recent charges and acquittal on the Lagos speaker?
The same EFCC under Ribadu named asiwaju a looter of unequalled proportions,where did those charges go?
I hear you,all it takes to be a saint in Nigeria is change parties,that's how shallow brained you folks are
Tambuwal was a criminal yesterday.he crosses over to APC and becomes a saint lol
Kwankwaso was a criminal when he was indicted stealing from Kano state,he is now a saint today
Even bukola saraki who started embezzling from his mother's womb is now a saint after becoming an APC man

FFK is a good test case
He was in PDP and a criminal,changed to APC and turned against the president and became a Saint,left APC and became a criminal once more
Confused people
LOL
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by wordcat(m): 2:45pm On Nov 18, 2014
yousee:

Mr Speaker is moving houseward

Hohohohohoho
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by wordcat(m): 2:47pm On Nov 18, 2014
major466:

He's moving backwards. Why will a number 4 citizen decamp and lose his Speakership position to contest for a mere governor of a state? There's no guarantee that he will even win the governorship race in Sokoto. If he loses, his political career will be over just like Ghali Umar Na'aba.

U forget Bankole
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by Akpan107(m): 2:49pm On Nov 18, 2014
philips70:

In a free and fair contest Jonathan, OBJ and late Yar'Adua cannot floor Buhari even with his meagre resources. That is the kind of cult followership he has on account of reasonable people who forever believe he has what it takes to clear the Augean Stable. If at all you know what that means.
In free and fair Election, Buhari can only win some few States in the North. I wonder how he won about 12 States on the previous Elections.
Call on Jega (Inec Chairman) to do more in the prevention of frouds, so as to have a Successful Elections.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by derecho(m): 3:03pm On Nov 18, 2014
philips70:

pls show us the spread of his followership then I'll explain why Buhari can never win.
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by hmohammed(m): 3:33pm On Nov 18, 2014
This is so much great news
Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by pendy79: 3:35pm On Nov 18, 2014
babyosisi:

You are the only one that doesn't think EFCC is a joke?
Unbelievable.
I have a goose that lays a golden egg to sell to you

Gani Fawehinmi fought to get Tifnubu,(a cocaine dealer turned governor with Toronto degrees and fake birthday and name ) prosecuted and also brought brought to light his drug cartel in the USA
He is now an asiwaju ,go figure

Did we not just witness the recent charges and acquittal on the Lagos speaker?
The same EFCC under Ribadu named asiwaju a looter of unequalled proportions,where did those charges go?
I hear you,all it takes to be a saint in Nigeria is change parties,that's how shallow brained you folks are
Tambuwal was a criminal yesterday.he crosses over to APC and becomes a saint lol
Kwankwaso was a criminal when he was indicted stealing from Kano state,he is now a saint today
Even bukola saraki who started embezzling from his mother's womb is now a saint after becoming an APC man

FFK is a good test case
He was in PDP and a criminal,changed to APC and turned against the president and became a Saint,left APC and became a criminal once more
Confused people
LOL

You mean all it took to convince you Tinubu was a thief was because Ribadu said so. Arguing with you na lost cause, Ribadu said so and he never had the temerity to charge him nor had any evidence to use to spring up a case against him? Can same be said be said all your Eastern Brothers ex governors who are out on bail for 7years and running.

EFCC never for once charged tinubu for any crime, only the code of conduct bureau brought a case against him and he floored them at the courts so get your facts clear and stop ranting like a female dog on heat.

Tell me one Ex AD or AC governor under prosecution for criminality when they were governors yet it was no coincidence all your brothers were taken into custody by the EFCC for blatant robbery as governors.

You didn't see those ones na tinubu wey dey hundreds of kilometers away your brain and eye see. No be una fault if you were made to seek visa to enter lagos you would have known how to demand performance from your thieving and useless governors in the south east.

2 Likes

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by PenSniper: 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
Babacele:
No sir. it will go to the party purse and help the party to run the elections.

BaBaCele, halleluyah o o o, abi ?

1 Like

Re: Tambuwal Finally Settles For Sokoto Governorship by derecho(m): 3:55pm On Nov 18, 2014
I hope anyone who excuses Tinubbu on the bases that eastern governors' are corrupt should not accuse others of clanishness.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Boko Haram Fuel Suppliers Arrested At Filling Station Owned By Lawmaker. Photos / #ondodecides2016: Supreme Court Updates / Ikedi Ohakim On Bike As He Campaigns For 2019 (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.