Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,553 members, 7,819,960 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:29 AM

Why Desperate To Go Abroad?: Report From UK Adventure - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Desperate To Go Abroad?: Report From UK Adventure (11017 Views)

Buhari Receives Ministerial Screening Report From Saraki (Photos) / Photo: Why Senator Akpabio Should Not Go Abroad For Medication / Don’t Go Abroad For Medicare Throughout Your Four Years – LP Tells Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Desperate To Go Abroad?: Report From UK Adventure by Sirniyeh(m): 1:02am On Nov 25, 2014
gboss4sure:
If you can't survive in Nigeria then you can never survive in any part of the world legitimately

Good point

1 Like

Re: Why Desperate To Go Abroad?: Report From UK Adventure by jumobi1(m): 1:06am On Nov 25, 2014
gboss4sure:
If you can't survive in Nigeria then you can never survive in any part of the world legitimately

Not true. There is a reason the U.S. and UK are greater than Nigeria. It's not only Nigerians that run to America to perhaps suffer in the beginning and then eventually make it. The whole world is in the UK and US. They aren't stupid.
Check GDPs too. Sometimes it's worth the gamble. Some people are unemployed or conductors in Nigeria. If they come to the US illegally, most would eventually be well enough to go back to Nigeria and live good.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Desperate To Go Abroad?: Report From UK Adventure by Yeske2(m): 1:13am On Nov 25, 2014
Two sides to a coin anyway as someone earlier said. I have friends in the UK and USA who had great jobs here as an engineer and an economist but relocated and are nurses there and doing well, though they never trained as nurses here. A member of my clique of friends those days, hanging out stuff, a barrister and doing so well now works in the Underground in London and finds it hard relating to old friends while most of us are married and doing well. A friend working in Lagos called me 3 months ago telling me he's now in Dubai working in a construction company he signed a contract for( is it 3 or 5 years) and guess for how much? 1600 dirham or whatever he called it, about 70,000 naira. this was somebody doing well in an insurance company in Lagos.
Two sides to a coin to me but will never leave this place.
Re: Why Desperate To Go Abroad?: Report From UK Adventure by Horus(m): 1:22am On Nov 25, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpcTG0-o_6U

[size=15pt]Moving Back To Nigeria[/size]

To my young and not so young Nigerian youths in diaspora who are still trying to decide whether or not to move back home

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why I Was Removed As Governor- Ambode / How Awo's Indignization Decree Of 1972 Caused Nigeria's Decay / A Tribute To Late President Umaru Musa Yaradua!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.