Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,902 members, 7,817,672 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting (28364 Views)

Ribadu, Mark Clash Over National Assembly Budget / Massive Protest In Enugu Over National Assembly Election Result / Buhari Threatens To Quit Apc Over National Publicity Secretary Position (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by kipesco(m): 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
maclatunji:
Mr. President, I am ashamed for you that this is happening under your watch, you are attacking the foundation upon which you stand.

Hope u were ashamed of Tambuwal when defected to APC and closed the house.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by orimsamsam(m): 1:15pm On Nov 20, 2014
chukwudi44:

fOLARIN WAS NEVER ELECTED UNDER THE PLATFORM OF APC TO BEGIN WITH
. Sori wanna say lanlehin
Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by Lakeshizu(m): 1:18pm On Nov 20, 2014
mikeansy:

He can be impeached, sacked by the courts

Or like on this occasion loses his seat by default based on the provision of the constitution

The government is implementing section 68. Tambuwal challenged the right of the government to implement section 68 but withdrew his own case!

The truth is that Tambuwal is history

But the responsible thing would have been Tambuwal allowing his own court suit to run it's full course and reach a logical conclusion?

Why did Tambuwal withdraw his own case?

Tambuwal is the one being lawless here!

The case he withdraw from, was of his aides. Don't give us wrong information.

6 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by maclatunji: 1:19pm On Nov 20, 2014
kipesco:

Hope u were ashamed of Tambuwal when defected to APC and closed the house.

Not at all. It is within his rights to defect and he has not threatened the existence of democracy or the peace of the country thereby.

Whether or not he has to be removed as a result is a constitutional issue that the courts will determine. Ultimately, the supreme court will. Pray tell, what is there to be ashamed of in that?

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by omololu2020(m): 1:20pm On Nov 20, 2014
bigtt76:
See law makers breaking the law grin trying to whip up support from the people ....the very masses they've neglected for so long taaaaa! We nor go join ona we go sidon de watch grin
speak for ursef and ur tribe alone......evenif jona.dumb win nex year election by riggin,he will neva rule.i prefer Nigeria dividin dan for me to b rule by dat clueless !diot in aso rock

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by gbeseun(m): 1:21pm On Nov 20, 2014
I only pity the youth of this generation who still believe in democracy that's not working in Nigeria.
Y is PDP afraid of taking a swipe on them,so gej can only handle a soft tambuwal but find it difficult to hold almighty amaech after defection.
Guess mimiko defected and no noise,let d game begins now.
A failed country has described by the late sage !
We have had enough from PDP,from fuel scarcity to austerity measure,hope u are all prepared.God forbid PDP and gej again in D's land
Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by saint047(m): 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
omololu2020:
speak for ursef and ur tribe alone......evenif jona.dumb win nex year election by riggin,he will neva rule.i prefer Nigeria dividin dan for me to b rule by dat clueless !diot in aso rock
the clueless has been ruling you and ur shameless family all dis years,keep living in fools paradise,mumu

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by Lakeshizu(m): 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
maclatunji:

Not at all. It is within his rights to defect and he has not threatened the existence of democracy or the peace of the country thereby.

Whether or not he has to be removed as a result is a constitutional issue that the courts will determine. Ultimately, the supreme court will. Pray tell, what is there to be ashamed of in that?
Thank U for this. Let the court decide.
Why are Governors not removed after defeating from one party to another.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by philips70(m): 1:24pm On Nov 20, 2014
Acidosis:

Pls do not join these names together. Asari, Tompolo, Boyload...fought for their rights.

What is Shekau's mission? Who is he fighting for?

Ok, they fought for their rights with empowering themselves to becoming the richest people from their area in the midst of ravaging poverty among their people? By building universities in foreign lands, buying and flying private jets while the people they fought for hardly get potable water to drink? Have you ever been to the creeks surrounding where Tompolo lives and see the people they fought for living in terrible subhuman conditions whilst he sits upon a multibillion naira empire over the years? Tell me another story. The only difference between these two people is what their personal interest is, but none is clearly aimed at empowering the people.

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by omololu2020(m): 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
saint047:
the clueless has been ruling you and ur shameless family all dis years,keep living in fools paradise,mumu
who is dis fvcktard quotin me,i voted for him in 2011,i didnt know dis is ao clueless he is back den,com 2015 he must go,well he might rule u and ur pple sha afta we all go our diffrent way

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by Tstone1(m): 1:26pm On Nov 20, 2014
omololu2020:
You speak as your brain is or can contain..

So division is all what you want abi? Your brain is likened to that of a cockroach you hear! Quote me and see what you will get!

Egoat!!!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by Nobody: 1:27pm On Nov 20, 2014
maclatunji:

As speaker he knows the rules! It is within his rights to defect but he as custodian of the law know the consequences which is losing his seat as legislator

So him adjourning the house for a lengthy period just because he is changing paties is irresponsible and Tambuwal/APC should be ashamed of themselves

And what are seeing quite frankly is how APC will govern if they are voted in. They will not respect the constitution and they will twist and bend it to suit their personal interests!

At this point the behaviour of APC will justify any extra-constitutional actions by PDP just to remain in power.

When the opposition are not even pretending to be lawful then why should the incumbent relinquish power to them?

4 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by kayslimshady(m): 1:29pm On Nov 20, 2014
hazyfm:

Teenager who is wiser than you Old fellow
Attention seeker!!!
Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by chidexy(m): 1:30pm On Nov 20, 2014
orimsamsam:
. Pls dont forget that ayo adeseun and folarin of apc decamp frm apc to pdp and accord party respectively and nothing has happen to them.

Sorry to disappoint you. Until the next elections anybody can decamp from APC to another party without consequences

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by kelechiMarie(f): 1:33pm On Nov 20, 2014
I'm watching dis on ait ,this is appalling whoever is in charge must be a dumbass ahn ahn

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by omololu2020(m): 1:34pm On Nov 20, 2014
Tstone1:

You speak as your brain is or can contain..

So division is all what you want abi? Your brain is likened to that of a cockroach you hear! Quote me and see what you will get!

Egoat!!!
ur fada must b so stupid u goat,,if GEJ wins next year by riggin,dis country will burn,i prefer division dan GEJ rulin dis country,if u dont lik dat kill ursef fool

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by ndcide(m): 1:35pm On Nov 20, 2014
celeron40:
Don't be naïve..can a whole detachment of DSS operatives be dispatched to the HOR with the C-in-C being oblivious of it? I don't think you people know how powerful a President is.

Shot up!

What does the constitution say about defecting in the legislative sit?

be honest. don't be sentimental. That man can not remain in that house according to the constitution.

3 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by PentiumPro(f): 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
omololu2020:
ur fada must b so stupid u goat,,if GEJ wins next year by riggin,dis country will burn,i prefer division dan GEJ rulin dis country,if u dont lik dat kill ursef fool

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy *bros your blood dey hot ooooo*
Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by podosci(m): 1:36pm On Nov 20, 2014
Acidosis:
APC needs to stop this violent attitude. Most of the on-going protest, violence, killings and terrorism going on in this nation were initiated by APC.

Ali modu sherif who is being accused of sporsring bokoharam is a PDP member, althou thats far from my point.....APC or PDP, they are all friends,,north or south, christians or muslims ,,,,the current crop of politicians need to be uprooted......Enough Is Enough

1 Like 1 Share

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by Nobody: 1:38pm On Nov 20, 2014
Those shouting status quo should tell me what status quo means?

As at the very moment The courts asked for the status quo to be maintained Tambuwal's security had already been withdrawn, Tambuwal had already lost his seat as legislator and by extension speaker! That is the status quo that PDP and the government sees!

Tambuwal may choose to recognise a status quo that is 1 week old or 1 month old as at the time of the court pronouncement but the attorney general may choose to see status quo as the reality on ground at the very moment the court made the pronouncement!

You see no one has monopoly of circumvention of the rules and this is why the English and Americans or Europeans in general will resign to protect the institution itself and this is exactly what Tambuwal should have done to save everyone the headache!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by Tstone1(m): 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
omololu2020:
You still have the gut to quote me? He will win the election and your father's house would be affected if not you ALL pack out of the country!

Ebaboon! Ode!!!

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by PeaconMotors: 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
Is that Tambuwal I'm seeing on top of that gate? O ga o.
This people have sold their shame in yanya market

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by BrainnewsNg(f): 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2014
God please come ooo | our low brained politricians are totally confused. BUT WHERE IS NIGERIA IS HEADING TO?
Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by omololu2020(m): 1:40pm On Nov 20, 2014
PentiumPro:

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy *bros your blood dey hot ooooo*
my blood no hot jawe,i dont just lik pple who dont respect oda pple opinion,i was not talkin to him or anytin,i made my point he should also mak his own point

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by ndcide(m): 1:41pm On Nov 20, 2014
gbeseun:
I only pity the youth of this generation who still believe in democracy that's not working in Nigeria.
Y is PDP afraid of taking a swipe on them,so gej can only handle a soft tambuwal but find it difficult to hold almighty amaech after defection.
Guess mimiko defected and no noise,let d game begins now.
A failed country has described by the late sage !
We have had enough from PDP,from fuel scarcity to austerity measure,hope u are all prepared.God forbid PDP and gej again in D's land

go and read what the constitution says about legislative defection. stop being sentimental. Tambulwa planned for this. that was why he didn't enforce the law on others who defected earlier.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by docparousia: 1:43pm On Nov 20, 2014
GeneralShepherd:
When hooligans govern a country,this is what you get
GeneralShepherd:
GeneralShepherd:
Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by omololu2020(m): 1:45pm On Nov 20, 2014
Tstone1:

You still have the gut to quote me? He will win the election and your father's house would be affected if not you ALL pack out of the country!

Ebaboon! Ode!!!
son of a b!tch,were will d dull ijaw man get d vote from,or u fink d vote from d SS and SE will mak d otoke fish to bcom d president.let me repeat mysef again sw!ne,if GEJ rig d next year election he will rule pple from d SS and SE alone...
Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by ndcide(m): 1:47pm On Nov 20, 2014
orimsamsam:
. Pls dont forget that ayo adeseun and folarin of apc decamp frm apc to pdp and accord party respectively and nothing has happen to them.

They can move from APC as their original party ACN no more exist.

2 Likes

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by gnykelly(m): 1:49pm On Nov 20, 2014
who is that man on the fence. cos I just arrived from France
Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by maclatunji: 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2014
mikeansy:

As speaker he knows the rules! It is within his rights to defect but he as custodian of the law know the consequences which is losing his seat as legislator

So him adjourning the house for a lengthy period just because he is changing paties is irresponsible and Tambuwal/APC should be ashamed of themselves

And what are seeing quite frankly is how APC will govern if they are voted in. They will not respect the constitution and they will twist and bend it to suit their personal interests!

At this point the behaviour of APC will justify any extra-constitutional actions by PDP just to remain in power.

When the opposition are not even pretending to be lawful then why should the incumbent relinquish power to them?

The law has never been interpreted before. The case is in court, so why would anybody not be willing to wait for the law to take its course? You cannot determine what they law is by force.

1 Like

Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by oduastates: 1:51pm On Nov 20, 2014
Dead man walking
Re: BREAKING: Security Operatives Take Over National Assembly Ahead Of Reps’ Sitting by Tstone1(m): 1:52pm On Nov 20, 2014
omololu2020:
son of a b!tch,were will d dull ijaw man get d vote from,or u fink d vote from d SS and SE will mak d otoke fish to bcom d president.let me repeat mysef again sw!ne,if GEJ rig d next year election he will rule pple from d SS and SE alone...
Am sure you ain't learned @all! Lest you forget am from the SW so don't think am from the SS or SS. It's Egoats like you that caused problem and tribal war whereas you lack the common strength should the war start! This is not the situation to seek for division but rather look for way forward and ask God to take control. Boy, don't quote me again cos I can see you lack the wisdom required and you are tribalistic in nature and am sure it's due to your level of exposure. Am ready for you huh!

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Boko Haram In For Surprise From Buhari, Says Oyegun / Analysing Dasuki's Statements On Weapons Scam / Umar Ganduje Speaks About Projects Commissioned After Bribery Allegation Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.