Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,321 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:14 AM

Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police (72995 Views)

Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker / Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Tribal3AST: 7:58am On Nov 21, 2014
rAPCists are touts.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 8:07am On Nov 21, 2014
MissMeiya:

You seem pained. I didn't read any of this. Let me know when you calm down. Actually, don't.

Go spend time with your grandchildren.
u seem2b_dying4a4k....u wunna subtlely4ce_ur_horny_itchy_dividers_on da truckpusher_niggga?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by adeleke5157: 8:16am On Nov 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
The Nigeria Police have released a statement explaining why they sent police officers to the National Assembly this morning, preventing Tambuwal and other lawmakers from gaining access into the Assembly ground. Find the statement below...
Following an intelligence report of a likely invasion of the House of Representatives by hoodlums and thugs, the Nigeria Police Force promptly deployed its personnel to the premises to prevent a breakdown of law and order.
Consequently, the Police condoned the area and began screening of all members and visitors alike.

In the course of this lawful exercise, Alh. Aminu Tambuwal CFR, arrived the venue with a motley crowd, who broke the cordon, assaulted the Police and evaded due process and the Police had the duty to restore order and normalcy, using lawful means

The IGP seizes this medium to warn all political actors and their followers to respect constituted authority and due process and to desist from the use of thugs to pursue their agenda.

The Nigeria Police shall continually apply all lawful means to prevent a breakdown of law and order in all segments of the society and shall apply the full weight of the law on any political actor who violates the peace and security of the nation.   

Ag. CP EMMANUEL C. S. OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS

http://lindaikeji..com/2014/11/nigeria-police-explain-why-they-invaded.html?m=1

cacophony everywhere.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by bestower: 8:20am On Nov 21, 2014
[quote
author=nwafuluozoh post=28191231]Tambuwal and his men assaulted the
police? This is dishonourable and must be punished! We can't allow
rascals masquerading as politicians break down law and order and go
unpunished. [/quote]Are u just coming into Nigeria politricks,they can use a sachet of pure water to collect millions from u,be wise.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by dani3(m): 8:21am On Nov 21, 2014
arewafederation:

This old baba! angry. It is said that with age comes wisdom, but in your case,it is gross stupidity.

You have been posting nonsense and showing how irresponsible you are. With your display of stupidity, I wonder the kind of training you gave to you children which was passed to your grandchildren.

Tsohon Banza kawai! angry
guy cool down ur mouth is smelling olodo

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 8:38am On Nov 21, 2014
This is what is called Kakistomoboplutocracy... Thats all!

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by major466(m): 8:50am On Nov 21, 2014
Yesterday's fiasco was quite hilarious. Come and see house of reps members or should I say 'thugs' climbing the Nass gate with Babban Riga. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by mikeoje(m): 8:55am On Nov 21, 2014
These are LAWLESS LAW MAKERS.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by wordbank(m): 9:00am On Nov 21, 2014
I'm sure this police officer have no clue of what is going on nor whatever he is talking about.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by arewafederation: 9:03am On Nov 21, 2014
dani3:
guy cool down ur mouth is smelling olodo

Who is this rat? undecided

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by sucess001(m): 9:26am On Nov 21, 2014
[size=24pt]The IGP IS A BAST.ARD

he shud be the first to respect the constituted authority of the Speaker of the House. shameless man appointed for 2015....Mbu like IGP[/size]
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Sibele(m): 9:27am On Nov 21, 2014
Defect from Apc to Pdp u are a political saint.
Defect from Pdp to Apc u are a betrayal,fool,idiot,boko harm,Isis,and all sort of bad influence to the nation
My point is in any government or nation without strong opposition the nation will wallow in epileptic dividends of democracy.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by IYANGBALI: 9:31am On Nov 21, 2014
venivedivici:

Abeg help me ask Ahmadinejad whether that skunk wey me and am go smoke for Ayatollah Khomeini grave still remain.
he still remain o
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by solotutu(m): 10:13am On Nov 21, 2014
jonathan2015:
NNPC JOB VACANCIES IN ASABA DELTA STATE NIGERIA. I was was like you clicking on every job post i had found. But you have to grab an opportunity when it comes which i did i now work for the federal inland revenue service in abuja. My link is easy go to www.Facebook.com, search on Ariwera
Adolphus
Jonathan, he is the son of Goodluck Jonathan and he is a 13yr old kid. Just talk nice with him and become his friend, then ask him for a favour to help you out with a job, yes he doesn't have the power to give you a job but he knows these powerful people that are normal friends to him that he can tell to help you (his friend) just play along he's a kid you are an adult don't underate anything submit your cv duplicates to who he asks you. Trust me it works, i am a testimony.
ehhh *doing d r u kiddn me look* if dis is true ahh it shud b added to job oppurtunities forum n sites, i want2 knw more tho hw did it happen
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 11:44am On Nov 21, 2014
i am desperately trying to obtain a neutral view of things as a Nigerian in the Diaspora. from the pictures seen, i am simply shocked that such elderly men resorted to climbing over fences just to prove some point!! wow..... even from primary school you in Nigeria you are seriously flogged if you are caught jumping fences talkless of climbing the gate of the national Assembly.....

after 50 odd years spent turning and turning in the widening gyre when shall we change?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by enoqueen: 12:22pm On Nov 21, 2014
please

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by generalissimo(m): 12:24pm On Nov 21, 2014
desgiezd:
Lies!!

Tambuwal came in with thugs? Lies & lies!! Only people like them will believe their lies!!
Oga, u no dey watch TV? Abi light no dey ur area or chewing-gum dey ur eyes? Even camera picked the scene as Aminu Tambuwal was coming with his hoardes of thugs.......how come he arrived with so much people? PoliTRICKs dont blind ur eyes. If I hear anything from u again....na to flog ur buttocks remain o
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by generalissimo(m): 12:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
sucess001:
[size=24pt]The IGP IS A BAST.ARD

he shud be the first to respect the constituted authority of the Speaker of the House. shameless man appointed for 2015....Mbu like IGP[/size]
Hahahahahahah grin ! E pain him die! See as he dey shout shocked
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by sucess001(m): 12:34pm On Nov 21, 2014
generalissimo:
Hahahahahahah grin ! E pain him die! See as he dey shout shocked

yes e pain me...

say na idio.ts we get as leaders...

lawkeepers as law breakers...

den e pain me more say some mugu will pay pple like u to defend their actions...

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by generalissimo(m): 12:37pm On Nov 21, 2014
mikeoje:
These are LAWLESS LAW MAKERS.
They are BARBARIC LAWMAKERS!!!!
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by generalissimo(m): 12:46pm On Nov 21, 2014
sucess001:

yes e pain me...

say na idio.ts we get as leaders...

lawkeepers as law breakers...

den e pain me more say some mugu will pay pple like u to defend their actions...
If for say dem pay me, e for better oooooooo........me I just dey enjoy una show of shame and rant. Guy pls rant again. I dey enjoy am grin
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by sucess001(m): 12:50pm On Nov 21, 2014
generalissimo:
If for say dem pay me, e for better oooooooo........me I just dey enjoy una show of shame and rant. Guy pls rant again. I dey enjoy am grin

our show of shame and rant you say?

Dude...wen u dont have anything sensible to say...better you keep quiet cos den nobody will know how stewpid u re...
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by generalissimo(m): 12:58pm On Nov 21, 2014
sucess001:

our show of shame and rant you say?

Dude...wen u dont have anything sensible to say...better you keep quiet cos den nobody will know how stewpid u re...
Chai! Dis guy sabi entertain person grin God bless u! Abeg gimme jara rant grin
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 21, 2014
The Nigeria police was cursed at their inception. The wicked police that never protected their abodes,look at the high rate of crimes in police barracks nationwide.These cursed sons of Adam will come tgda to harass innocent citizens. Any act of intentional killing is called accidental discharge. Intentional violation of ur fundamental human right is termed undue interference...dy can eve charge u for aimless wondering...now d speaker offence was importation of thugs to d assembly ground...i Neva saw any...dy even contradict themselves DT it was based on an intelligent report,..y was d deputy speaker n d senate president not subjected to same harassment?GEJ.....UR BASKET IS GETTING OVERFILLED....BECAREFUL....D MILITARY WILL CONSUME UR GOVT SOON. U V LOST IT.D ONCE SHOELESS MAN HAS MADE MILLIONS OF NIGERIAns SHOELESS,KOBOLESS,HOMELESS AND HOPELESS.......GOD IS WATCHING OOOOOO
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by sucess001(m): 1:29pm On Nov 21, 2014
generalissimo:
Chai! Dis guy sabi entertain person grin God bless u! Abeg gimme jara rant grin

Ode
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by mcquin(m): 1:30pm On Nov 21, 2014
Acidosis:

Nice One!

Tambuwal should have been made a scapegoat. He should have been shot immediately.

Whoever tries to destroy this country (either via terrorism, undue protest, violence, thuggery & hooliganism) should be killed. Thereafter his/her corpse should be taken to the Law court for appropriate judgment.

I used to think it was the Northerners that lacked intelligence and are grossly illiterate but some of your comments here shock me and prove wrong.

Do you know what civility is even about. Isn't this a democracy? Even though Tambuwa is an ordinary citizen as you and I and he walks into the Assembly ground, should he be shot? Is he no longer a Nigerian with Right to Dignity of Human person?

What are our courts meant for? If Tambuwa is wrong and GEJ is right, why not show the world he is a gentle man and Ph.D holder and respects the rule of law by approaching the court as is reasonably expected?

The way some of you support impunity in Jonathan administration because of tribal affiliation gives the guy a terrible name.

If Tambuwa is wrong, Jonathan is the number 1citizen and is not expected to do the wrong thing. He failed the constitution

Sincerely many PDP members are disapointed and do know it's a show of shame making Tambuw even more popular. Even PDP lawmakers were disapointed.

Sometimes we need to tell ourselves the truth.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by krystalceo: 1:43pm On Nov 21, 2014
As much as I don't support the lawmakers jumping the gate to gain access the NAS complex, I do not blame them . Firstly, the NAS complex is their "office". I wish I could have an opportunity to interview the Police media officer. Firstly, according to him,the police got intelligence report that hoodlums were planning on invading the NAS complex, why is it that the Senate President didnt have the same restriction and frisking as the Tambuwal? How come Ihedioha had unrestricted access to the NAS complex? And why is it that it was mostly APC lawmakers that had this restriction problem or maybe the police intelligence report was that the APC members were the hoodlums? Even after the speaker identified himself to the police men, the senior officer at the gate had a phone in his hand and addressed the speaker as if he was just a "commoner" . This is the number 4 citizen of the country for Christ sake. They didnt just embarrass the person of the speaker, his office as the number 4 citizen was seriously embarrassed . Obama has issues with the house in America and I cant imagine this nonsense happening there, I am sure he will be impeached the following day. I used to like Oga Jona as a person but now, he should go and be a husband to mama peace in Yenagoa or wherever village he is from. And the IG didnt have any moral character to advise the president otherwise on this action, I am sure Oga JOna will wriggle himself out of this brouhaha and the head of the IG will be used to break coconut..I laugh in spanish at the happenings in this country. Ekiti own sef dey there.. chaiii, I am relocating to Cape Verde..lol
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by big7: 1:45pm On Nov 21, 2014
arewafederation:

Who is this rat? undecided

I think that rat is ur brother(stupid question) Guy u gat nothing useful to contribute... Abeg keep mute
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 1:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
venivedivici:

I feel you bro, die. But you know the problem? Ethnic, religious, tribal sentiment. The politicians seem to realise that this smorgasbord of wandering components can't weld into a united whole to oppose them. And so they keep on polarising us along those lines, while they parley amongst themselves and jollificate, while we sit anonymously behind our keyboards and -pads and pontificate.

And that schism is why the revolution would not occur, too many diverse tribes, too many divergent views, too much disparity in our ideologies. But that's going too far even. On this forum, you easily have a very good number of 'educated, literate, social media savvy' Nigerians, a worthy representation of the educated average Nigerian youth: a fuse for that dynamite. Judge from the comments. The Arab Spring was launched on social media. Are these voices ready?

That's why I always emphasise collective awakening. Even with the ethnic, religious, and tribal sentiments - the folks still have common grounds which can overshadow those fault-lines, for a short period, for revolution to take place. Poverty is extreme in Nigeria. Then you have got lack of institutions and infrastructures. Especially poverty since a hungry man, is an angry man. And only a collective awakening on what their entitlements are can energise and motivate the folks - to start asking tough questions. However, right now - they've been sedated, and it's more or less like Stockholm Syndrome.

You don't even need all the 150 million heads. 1-2 million well organised folks can do the trick. Also, the views might be divergent - but they can always converge around a common cause, if there's an awakening on what their rights are, as citizens of the country. However, I honestly don't think the overwhelming majority of Nigerians understand what ideologies are - even the so-called educated class. These are folks who're always quick to blame the people, when the people are a product of a dysfunctional system. Then you've got folks who believe excessive privatisation to oligarchs/multi-nationals without giving back to the people, like Yeltsin's Russia, is what capitalism is about. So, basically it's about copy and paste from other places, to form pseudo-ideologies, thus creating a massive pile of mess, without a clear understanding of anything.

Yes, I agree with social media. It's a massive tool that can help if the folks are ready for a change. However, are the people ready - apart from the internet warriors whose bravery only exist in cyberspace? They just need to wait till there's an awakening that can be a catalyst, to make the people want a change.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by arewafederation: 2:03pm On Nov 21, 2014
Another rat?undecided
big7:

I think that rat is ur brother(stupid question) Guy u gat nothing useful to contribute... Abeg keep mute
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by scantee(m): 2:14pm On Nov 21, 2014
omenka:
Illiterate scum.

keep highlighting the errors but don't forget I know you in person.

let's keep our fingers crossed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ngige To Faleke: "You Are A Small Boy, I No Get Time For You" / Tribunal Declares Ademola Adeleke Winner Of 2018 Osun Election / President Buhari In His Humble Living Room Today In Daura

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.