Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,852 members, 7,810,280 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:51 AM

Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police - Politics (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police (72910 Views)

Protest Over Vcs Sack: Police Tear Gas NANS / Why Tambuwal's Security Was Withdrawn: He's No Longer The Speaker / Police Fired Tear Gas At 'defy The Dictator' Protesters, One Fainted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by venivedivici(m): 12:02am On Nov 21, 2014
Lol. Typical. The fire of the two opposing parties has finally become the ash of two people insulting themselves.

MissMeiya, Truckpusher, calm down. Una no get easy access to beer?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by jahbiz: 12:04am On Nov 21, 2014
chukwudi44:

What is Tambuwal doing at the premises of the NASS? Is he a member of the NASS?
See question?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 12:05am On Nov 21, 2014
venivedivici:
Lol. Typical. The fire of the two opposing parties has finally become the ash of two people insulting themselves.

I have no idea what you're talking about. I was having a discussion with someone, and he jumped at me like a wild dog. I told him to leave me alone and he sent me a series of lengthy gibberish. Believe me, he's in this alone. Please leave me out.

P.S. What party am I? Please search any of my comments from now through 2011, when I joined, that ever indicated a preference for one theiving party or the other. Don't assume.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by emmanok24(m): 12:06am On Nov 21, 2014
There was a Country... cry
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Truckpusher(m): 12:09am On Nov 21, 2014
venivedivici:

I don't have anything against that bimbo.

She keep having this hallucination about my age grin

Honestly ,I don't have access to beer in this place and even if I do have access, I don't drink alcohol.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by venivedivici(m): 12:17am On Nov 21, 2014
MissMeiya:

I have no idea what you're talking about. I was having a discussion with someone, and he jumped at me like a wild dog. I told him to leave me alone and he sent me a series of lengthy gibberish. Believe me, he's in this alone. Please leave me out.

P.S. What party am I? Please search any of my comments from now through 2011, when I joined, that ever indicated a preference for one theiving party or the other. Don't assume.

Okay. Just saw you guys calling each other out, and I didn't feel it was worth it.
And I neither assumed nor insinuated you were partisan, what I meant was that the thread started with otinkpus of the opposing parties hurling insults at themselves, and it has degenerated into you guys'.

Peace.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by venivedivici(m): 12:21am On Nov 21, 2014
Truckpusher:
I don't have anything against that bimbo.

She keep having this hallucination about my age grin

Honestly ,I don't have access to beer in this place and even if I do have access, I don't drink alcohol.

Good to know man, just wanted you guys to leave the name-calling and slander to the virtual mercenaries.

You're a teetotaler? Aww, booze helps sometimes man.
Peace.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 12:39am On Nov 21, 2014
bornosheikh:
In Burkina Faso, everyday people run to parliament and dodge bullet and tear gas for freedom.

In Nigeria, politicians run to parliament and dodge bullet and tear gas for oil block, power and money.

Naija - a country of 250 million ghosts kidnapped by 1,000 political goons.

I think it has more to do with illiteracy; lack of exposure; and cowardice induced by being too religious with hope/faith as the catalyst to turn their fortunes around. They don't understand the concept of power belonging to the people. In saner climes, the government understands the concept of feeding the sheeple/people so as to enable to keep their mouths shut. Hence even in the most capitalist countries, there are always welfare programmes. Else, there will be mass revolt. However, with Nigeria, these folks are so brazen in kleptocracy that they always dare the people, who own the power. It's a case of taking the piss while spitting in their faces. Obviously, they know they won't react.

The Nigerian military isn't even that big to hold the people down. Just 80,000 cowardly combatants with obsolete weapons - and Boko Haram has shown them out. And if a well organised revolution were to happen tomorrow, I'd wager that more than 50% (or more) of those in the naija army will defect. Even without that, how many folks are they going to kill? You just have to make sacrifices.

Anyway, God help you trying to lead a revolution among folks like Nigerians, where the human element has failed, with walking living dead. You'll end up as a tarzan figure. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by drnoble1: 12:50am On Nov 21, 2014
#jackpot!!!! OMG...Tunearth is giving out $100 to anyone with just more than 1000 play in their song##only 1 person can be the winner. Join www.tunearth.com now and be a #winner

"The #JACKPOT will end on December 25th and the winner will be announced on January 1st. Join www.tunearth.com to Start....."
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by SamIkenna: 1:00am On Nov 21, 2014
Before fellas run their BPs high, the following are what they need to know:
1) Nigeria has no leadership, has never had the right leadership, and may never have good leadership for obvious reasons (go ask Queen Eliza why).

2) The show of shame being witnessed (National Assembly) has nothing to do with YOU. It's all about self-preservation and acquisition of power.

3) In almost all countries (both developed and developing) C-students rule A and B students. But in Nigeria's case, touts rule all - be you A, B, C, and D material, you're under some touts' control. In case you're in doubt, walk into the next Bus-Stop (motor park) and embark on a journey - from the 'bus conductor' to the driver to the police officer at a checkpoint - everyone is a tout. If you think that's not good enough, perhaps, you should watch political rallies or read political commentaries - every word that comes out of the supposedly potential governors, reps, senators, presidents, and their foot-soldiers are nothing but violence and BS. Everyone is threatening everyone - if its not Asari and Amechi today, it's Ango tomorrow, or Tompolo, Junaid, and Bugaje the day after.

4) GEJ will not 'lose' 2015. The state of the nation and its ever widening ethnic and religious fault-line will play into GEJ's hands. I'm willing to grant that a chunk of SW people who're against GEJ's second tenure are doing so because they, more or less, genuinely believe that GEJ is a failure. But same can't be said of North West and North East. Same scenario, albeit opposite, applies to people from South East and South South - majority of GEJ's supporters in SS and SE are doing so for the same reasons NE and NW can't get enough of Aso Rock. This does not make GEJ's supporters or opponents evil, rather it shows that when situations degenerate to life or death affair, brothers, races, birds of a feather, etc, coalesce for survival - for this same reason AD voted OBJ, core north voted Buhari in 2011, people of same stock tend to marry, people of same race tend to live close to one another, and adherents of a faith are more likely to kill or exclude non-members. This universal human weakness didn't start with GEJ and will not be solved before Feb 14.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by oliy24(m): 1:07am On Nov 21, 2014
nwafuluozoh:
Tambuwal and his men assaulted the police? This is dishonourable and must be punished! We can't allow rascals masquerading as politicians break down law and order and go unpunished.

think in your normal sense and listen to yourself again. Tambuwal and his men without gun assaulted police men with guns. for what na. what is huge numbers of police men doing in the arena in the first place. why is the place lock down,

Please let's think like 21century being and think of the possibilities of whatever you are being told. even by your pastor or imam. Let all this politicians and people that think they can just come to say whatever they like to know that we are not gullible in Nigeria.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Truckpusher(m): 1:16am On Nov 21, 2014
venivedivici:

Good to know man, just wanted you guys to leave the name-calling and slander to the virtual mercenaries.

You're a teetotaler? Aww, booze helps sometimes man.
Peace.
I wasn't a teetolar until the Doctors forced my hands grin

Honestly, I miss the pure smell of rum and brandy including whiskey and jin cheesy

Nowadays I can't even stand the smell. tongue
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by stvalcee(f): 1:23am On Nov 21, 2014
agboro's wey call dem self lawmakers........mtcheeeeew
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Nobody: 1:26am On Nov 21, 2014
philips70:
I hope the shameless adults who call themselves Truckpusher, Chukwudi44 and cohorts are watching events in Channels TV at the moment. They will see how their stupidity laughs at their ignorance and desperation to keep filling their pockets. The National Assembly is surely not Rivers, Ekiti or Edo houses of Assembly. Your children are ashamed of your activities here on Nairaland.

Mumu is Tambuwal still a member of the HOR? It is not by making noise in channel television. Unless the mofo resigns something worse will happen on December 3 or whenever the house reconvenes

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by venivedivici(m): 1:36am On Nov 21, 2014
Truckpusher:
I wasn't a teetolar until the Doctors forced my hands grin

Honestly, I miss the pure smell of rum and brandy including whiskey and jin cheesy

Nowadays I can't even stand the smell. tongue

Lol. Bad. Hope you don't have renal or hepatic issues?

Omo, na alky dey make person normal for this country o.

With small grass grin
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Truckpusher(m): 1:39am On Nov 21, 2014
venivedivici:

Lol. Bad. Hope you don't have renal or hepatic issues?

Omo, na alky dey make person normal for this country o.

With small grass grin
It's not renal nor hepatic,just too much cholesterol jare cheesy

But that grass sha. cheesy

What more can I say? grin
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by venivedivici(m): 1:52am On Nov 21, 2014
shymexx:

I think it has more to do with illiteracy; lack of exposure; and cowardice induced by being too religious with hope/faith as the catalyst to turn their fortunes around. They don't understand the concept of power belonging to the people. In saner climes, the government understands the concept of feeding the sheeple/people so as to enable to keep their mouths shut. Hence even in the most capitalist countries, there are always welfare programmes. Else, there will be mass revolt. However, with Nigeria, these folks are so brazen in kleptocracy that they always dare the people, who own the power. It's a case of taking the piss while spitting in their faces. Obviously, they know they won't react.

The Nigerian military isn't even that big to hold the people down. Just 80,000 cowardly combatants with obsolete weapons - and Boko Haram has shown them out. And if a well organised revolution were to happen tomorrow, I'd wager that more than 50% (or more) of those in the naija army will defect. Even without that, how many folks are they going to kill? You just have to make sacrifices.

Anyway, God help you trying to lead a revolution among folks like Nigerians, where the human element has failed, with walking living dead. You'll end up as a tarzan figure. grin

I feel you bro, die. But you know the problem? Ethnic, religious, tribal sentiment. The politicians seem to realise that this smorgasbord of wandering components can't weld into a united whole to oppose them. And so they keep on polarising us along those lines, while they parley amongst themselves and jollificate, while we sit anonymously behind our keyboards and -pads and pontificate.

And that schism is why the revolution would not occur, too many diverse tribes, too many divergent views, too much disparity in our ideologies. But that's going too far even. On this forum, you easily have a very good number of 'educated, literate, social media savvy' Nigerians, a worthy representation of the educated average Nigerian youth: a fuse for that dynamite. Judge from the comments. The Arab Spring was launched on social media. Are these voices ready?
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by venivedivici(m): 2:12am On Nov 21, 2014
Truckpusher:
It's not renal nor hepatic,just too much cholesterol jare cheesy

But that grass sha. cheesy

What more can I say? grin

Hahaha. I feel you man. **smoking that chronic just to meditate** I'm pacified angry

Over and out. cool
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Akmarshal(m): 4:07am On Nov 21, 2014
NgeneUkwenu:
The Nigeria Police have released a statement explaining why they sent police officers to the National Assembly this morning, preventing Tambuwal and other lawmakers from gaining access into the Assembly ground. Find the statement below...
Following an intelligence report of a likely invasion of the House of Representatives by hoodlums and thugs, the Nigeria Police Force promptly deployed its personnel to the premises to prevent a breakdown of law and order.
Consequently, the Police condoned the area and began screening of all members and visitors alike.

In the course of this lawful exercise, Alh. Aminu Tambuwal CFR, arrived the venue with a motley crowd, who broke the cordon, assaulted the Police and evaded due process and the Police had the duty to restore order and normalcy, using lawful means

The IGP seizes this medium to warn all political actors and their followers to respect constituted authority and due process and to desist from the use of thugs to pursue their agenda.

The Nigeria Police shall continually apply all lawful means to prevent a breakdown of law and order in all segments of the society and shall apply the full weight of the law on any political actor who violates the peace and security of the nation.   

Ag. CP EMMANUEL C. S. OJUKWU, psc
FORCE PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
FORCE HEADQUARTERS

http://lindaikeji..com/2014/11/nigeria-police-explain-why-they-invaded.html?m=1

police can't u do it in a proper manner? y asking d speaker to identify himself? he The Speaker did identified himself n still u still treat him wit disrespect. Haba! until any decision is taken to impeached d speaker, he remains d speaker and must be treated as such!

Jonathan should play politics by the rules! The display of lawlessness n impunity must stop in d country.

the situation in which a few minority will seat to impose their craft on d majority is spelling doom for this country! it started growing root from the chairmanship election of the Governors Forum. now in Edo, Ekiti and somewhere earlier in Rivers! Nigeria it is time to act! our leaders and political parties no longer want to obey d laws of d land!

I cried yesterday when I saw our d drama in d National Assembly!

which way Nigeria?

Which way Nigeria!

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by dorocent(m): 4:41am On Nov 21, 2014
no maturity in d political system.. jst luk at d way a matured man will b behaving like a 10yrs old child.... wen will all dis stop?

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Pesuzok(m): 5:08am On Nov 21, 2014
tomakint:

Really? Crisis in the Sokoto Chapter you and I are not exposed to until Tambuwal talked about it, is the division that secretive? Oh! you think Jonathan is forceful? Remember how the eloquent Okadigbo met his death during Obj's adm?
What if I say I am aware of the crisis in sokoto Pdp? You see why you need the courts
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by solotutu(m): 5:47am On Nov 21, 2014
you know in Naija ppl do alotta leaping B4 looking...thats part of our prob,causing chaos afterward...y'all dropping comments,criticizing who,this dat when u wern't there...wateva comes From ;iss Linda ikeja is d truth..hen!! U cnt be so sure as to what happened na Naija we dey abeg...not commenting ere..till d truth be told!!
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by arsetalks(m): 5:51am On Nov 21, 2014
hizroyalflynes:

Section 68 (1) and 109(1) of the 1999 constitution under the” Tenure for seat of members” states that: “A member of the Senate or House of Representatives (House of Assembly) shall vacate his seat in the House of which he is a member if-
(g) Being a person whose election to the House was sponsored by a political party, he becomes a member of another political party before the expiration of the period for which that House was elected, provided that his membership of the latter political party is not as a result of a division in the political party of which he was previously a member or of a merger of two or more political parties or factions by one of which he was previously sponsored.”
The provisions of these sections of the constitution were explicit in matters which concerned the legislature. It clearly mandates that any member of the legislature, who intends to defect to another party, must prove that division exists in the party of which he was a member, or that his party has merged with two or more parties or factions.
What is GEJ and PDP afraid of? The man went to court, court said status quo should be maintained, why not wait till the court which is the arm of government responsible for interpreting the laws of the land?

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Pianomaster: 5:55am On Nov 21, 2014
Do you need a gas cooker regulator that will make your gas last longer than expected? Distributors wanted nationwide...Please call now 08137678418

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by philips70(m): 5:57am On Nov 21, 2014
chukwudi44:

Mumu is Tambuwal still a member of the HOR? It is not by making noise in channel television. Unless the mofo resigns something worse will happen on December 3 or whenever the house reconvenes

So says your voodoo constitution. What do you even know? Fyi pdp is loosing many of their members with this issue. Hope you know who Hon Leo Igor is to the house and saw his actions on camera? I don't expect unscrupulous Nairaland elements like you and Truckpusher to be on the side of reason. It's your stock in trade and anything contrary will be disastrous to your livings.

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Truckpusher(m): 6:04am On Nov 21, 2014
philips70:

So says your voodoo constitution. What do you even know? Fyi pdp is loosing many of their members with this issue. Hope you know who Hon Leo Igor is to the house and saw his actions on camera? I don't expect unscrupulous Nairaland elements like you and Truckpusher to be on the side of reason. It's your stock in trade and anything contrary will be disastrous to your livings.
Keep spamming my mentions with your illusions. grin

PDP isn't gonna lose members over your dishonorable members that threw caution to the winds thereby once again proving to Nigerians that you and your kind are are bunch of lawless fellows.

Keep jumping fences Mr Philip empty head. grin

1 Like

Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by peteofi(m): 6:58am On Nov 21, 2014
Since when have the police been truthful in their statements? I think its a big lie, they (police) were instructed not to allow Tambuwal enter the premise... Simple. Which thug and terrorist wan invade the place. The National Assembly is safe from what I have seen? So why all this lies. Not that am supporting the Speaker, but the Nigerian Police went too far as always.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Ugonna1505: 7:02am On Nov 21, 2014
[left][/left]
chukwudi44:
Well done IGP for your timely intervention which prevented _APC thugs from gaining control of the NASS.More grease to your elbows
The biggest challenge we have in this country is being sentimental in almost everything we do which have always cloud our judgements & sense of humour. You just believed that of the story of gods by the FPRO. You have to answer these questions from the pictures taken"
Did see any kind of protest inside NASS?
Where are the thugs or the pictures that captured the thugs?
Why are the lawmakers flying/climbing fence?
Are they lawmakers the thugs FPRO claimed would invade NASS?
Once you have sincerely answered the questions above, you will have to apologise for supporting lawlessness & impunity from the actions of Nigeria Police Force. I excepted them (Nigeria Police Force) to come up with cover story & they did. They (NPF) should be deployed to the Northeast States where their services will be needed & not the NASS where turned themselves to terrorists thereby destroying what they supposed to uphold.
The issue of defection of Mr. Tambuwal (Speaker), as far as law & justice is concerned, he is still the PRINCIPAL OFFICER of the LOWER CHAMBER OF THE NASS. Those who are canvassing for his resignation/removal should stop promoting anarchy. The representatives are there to impeach him if they feel his defection warrant such cos they elected him from amongst themselves. Let's stop interpreting the law with sentiments.
One nation
One love keep us together...
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by osasfavour: 7:02am On Nov 21, 2014
From d comments I av bn reading, I see why our leaders will continue to trample on our rights n do whatever they like. Frm d video clip I saw yesterday, which I believe we all saw too, d speaker pleaded passionately wit d policemen dat barricaded d assembly gate to hear him out, at a time he was even asking d policemen if they don't recognize him? N all his plea fell on deaf ears before d hon members begin to scale tru d fence to gain entrance into d assembly. Here d police IG is saying trash n nigerians dat were suppose to condemn d actions of d police, are supporting him. I weep for my country
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by Eniburumo(m): 7:03am On Nov 21, 2014
Quote author=chukwudi44 post=28191569[b][/b]]

What is Tambuwal doing at the premises of the NASS? Is he a member of the NASS?[/quote]
No,he is not and the last time I checked fayemi. still remains as ekiti state governor...see warped minds here o ...smh
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 7:16am On Nov 21, 2014
lawmakers my a.ss.
Re: Why We Invaded The National Assembly And Fired Tear Gas At The Speaker-Police by mizzy007(m): 7:48am On Nov 21, 2014
wirinet:

What intelligence report? Who gave the Police the intelligence report? its definitely not the senate president, the speaker or any of the legislators.

Why would the police screen members of the legistlature? Who give the police the powers to screen members of the the house or senate before allowing them into the chambers to perform their lawful duties?

Why demote the speaker from Right Honourable Aminu Tambuwal to Alh. Aminu Tambuwal? From this statement alone, it shows that the only mission of the police was to prevent Speaker Tambuwal from gaining access into the house of representative chambers. Speaker Tambuwal has become the thug the police were talking about. Meanwhile, 7 thugs (decamped legistlators) have taken over the Ekiti State house of assembly and declared one of themself speaker and the IGP does not see the need to respect constituted authority.

The IGP warn all political actors to respect constituted authorities? does that include the president, the vice, president, the senate president, the speaker, the governors etc? And what of the police itself, will they also be warned to respect constituted authority?
my broda u av said it all, police has shown dat dey can b used as thugs 2 stp honourable members n innocent citizens. Since wen did hoodlums n thugs strt invading national assembly? Wat is der 2 steal? Ok fine let's assume dey got an intelligence report,were dey not suppose 2 quickly allow members into d house n stil lock d gates n still secure d area? Or leaving members outside d gate 4 d expected thugs 2 come n feed on dem d best action? D IGP can comfortably open his mouth n lie 2 nigerians ova wat is clear 2 d blind. D video we all watched none picked a thug displayin thugry act wit any of d police men, I wonder wat happnd 2 d PROTECTION OF LIFEs AND PROPERTIES. Wat if a member collasped and died as a result of d teargas? Misuse of Power is wat we see in our country. I won't stp prayin 4 our country even tho Gods rulership is d onli rulership dat wil bring mankinds problems 2 a complete hult.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Ngige To Faleke: "You Are A Small Boy, I No Get Time For You" / Abba Kyari Faces Extradition As FBI Arrests Two Of Hushpuppi's Associates / Hamisu Abubakar, The Man Trekking From Lagos To Abuja Now In FCT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.